Glo-Out Glamour Bar Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Melissa Married on 07/24/2021

Wedding Hair and Makeup

I booked Go-Out Glamour Bar to do the hair and makeup for myself, my five bridesmaids, the mothers and just hair for my niece, who was a flower girl. They came to the venue and made the getting ready process so fun. Also, they did a fabulous job! They executed the looks flawlessly and everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend them for a wedding 100%!
  • Jillian
    Jillian B. Married on 06/26/2021

Flexible and responsive

I enjoyed working with Glo Out for my June 2021 wedding. They were flexible with the location and worked from a hotel suite in Charlottesville. One stylist was able to cover up-dos for four women plus me, all with various hair textures and style needs. The stylist was friendly and Melissa (the owner) was up front about pricing. Melissa was very responsive throughout the process.
  • Sarah
    Sarah E. Married on 12/12/2020

Fabulous Wedding Makeup

We so enjoyed having Lee do our makeup for our December 2020 wedding. Not only is she personable and enjoyable, she was ready and willing to adapt to each of my bridesmaid's needs, including makeup product allergies. She really elevated all of us to the next level without feeling overdone, or losing too much coverage while wearing masks throughout the day. I have even gone back to Glo-Out's salon to have Lee do my hair since then, and I have family booking them for makeup in the future because of their experience at our wedding! Cannot say enough good things about Lee and the Glo-Out team. Thank you!
  • Samantha
    Samantha H. Married on 09/12/2020

So much fun!

The ladies at Glo Out were incredible and made us all look and feel beautiful. They were professional, kind, and so quick! They did the hair and makeup at the same time to make the morning so by so quickly and were so helpful to my mom and MIL who were a little hesitant about the process. They helped everyone look like themselves, just even more beautiful!
    Sara Married on 08/30/2020

Fantastic and so talented!!

Glo-Out did a wonderful job for me and my girls on my wedding --- they made us look and feel so beautiful. Not only that, but they were responsive to our individual requests (and I can be quite annoying about my makeup), and tailored every look to each girl's preferences. Angela is the master of curls -- she gave us each the hair we requested and they held for the entire wedding! Lee is so adaptable and put together a ton of gorgeous makeup looks. On top of all that, Glo-Out is very responsive to emails and never left me hanging. When our original wedding back in April got postponed until August, Glo-Out was flexible and helped make this work under unique circumstances. For that, I am so grateful and cannot recommend them enough!
  • Morgan and Tommy
    Morgan Married on 03/30/2019

Dream wedding hair!!

Glo–out was fantastic!! Working with them for my wedding was so easy and straightforward. They are also extremely accommodating. At my first consultation I had discussed a look with my hairstylist Mariah. She did a great job, but after leaving I wasn’t happy with it. I called the salon and the manager and Mariah worked everything out and I came in again. Mariah kept trying new things until I was absolutely thrilled with my hair. She was so thorough and sweet, I was 100% assured that when it came to the wedding it would be perfect.
    On the day of the wedding Mariah did a perfect job!! She also was so fun and wonderful to work with. I was so happy to have her by my side!!

Glo-out is a beautiful and talented salon. You can’t go wrong here!!
  • Sara
    Sara P. Married on 11/17/2018

The Loveliest

Lawren and Kelsey are so incredibly wonderful! They did my hair and makeup, in addition to 12 other people. They made our morning of preparation so fun and relaxing, and did an impeccable job for each and every person. We all looked beautiful, and we owe it all to them!
    Nicole E. Married on 10/27/2018

Nikki and team are the best for wedding hair and makeup!

Glo Out Glamour Bar was a hit for my hair and makeup! I used Glo Out for engagement pictures and on the big day for me and the wedding party. Glo Out has a new 'getting ready' space for wedding parties that was perfect for me, my girls, my mom, and my now mother-in-law. It is decorated with adorable lights and decor and has a couch, couple chairs, small refrigerator, and bar top. We could stash our stuff, have mimosas, and had plenty of room to bring in trays for lunch. Besides that area, we had so much fun getting beautified--we took over the main space in the salon and were all finished (10 in total) in less than 5 hours. The hair and makeup not only looked amazing, but it also held up for the entire night!! Nikki (the owner) and her team are a delight to chat with and are incredible hair and makeup professionals; I would recommend them for any event!
    Jessica Married on 06/10/2018
    AMAZING work! I loved working with the Glo-Out team. We used them for my hair & make up as well as my bridal party plus mom & mother-in-law. They came on site to our hotel at no cost since it was close to the salon and it was even a Sunday (which they're closed typically). They listed to exactly what I envisioned and executed it perfectly.
    Bridget Married on 05/12/2018
    I would definitely recommend the team at GloOut for bridal and bridal party services. We had 6 people getting hair and makeup, plus myself. They arrived on time to our very secluded cabin where we were getting ready and were finished exactly on time! Everyone was so impressed with their hair and makeup--together as a group we looked very cohesive, but still very individualized, even though we all got low up-dos and similar style makeup! As the bride, I really appreciated how flexible my hair stylist was about making some slight changes to my hair following the trial. Thank you, GloOut!
    Amanda A. Married on 04/27/2018
    Olivia and the Glo-Out ladies were a dream to work with. They were very helpful in setting up our Trial hair for my wife and I. During the Trial, they were so welcoming and truly made us laugh. We feel like we truly gained friends by hanging around these ladies. They understood our inspiration for our hair (vintage like with braids) and made it come to life on the day-of with all of our wedding party in tow! They welcomed us in their Bridal Suite in the back part of the Salon and did everything they possibly could to make us feel at home. We've even started to go to get regular treatments by Glo-Out because they've won us over as customers. If you're looking for a group of people who are extremely talented and have the ability to look at a photo and your hair and make it into a reality, then look no further than Glo-Out Bar in Charlottesville!
    Elizabeth Married on 04/07/2018
    We had a wonderful experience! Starting with my trial about a month before, it was great to get to know Angela and Michelle who would be doing my hair and make-up. Olivia was also helpful in scheduling and Mariah came as a 3rd stylist for the wedding day. All the girls were prompt and patient with all of us getting styled- there were 8 of us. Angela and Michelle made the appropriate adjustments we had talked about after my trial and I was thrilled with my hair and make-up! Everyone looked beautiful. Thanks again to Angela, Michelle, Mariah, and Olivia for your role in our special day!
    Brittany Married on 12/03/2017
    Wedding Hair/Make-up - August 2018

The ladies at Glo-Out will make you look and feel like an absolute princess! Olivia and her team were fantastic! They are all super friendly and will do whatever it takes to make sure you have the best experience possible. For my hair/makeup trial, I was torn between an updo and half up with curls, and they sat there with me and tried 3-4 different styles until we found one I liked. Even better, though, was that on the day of my wedding, Olivia mentioned that she had been thinking and revisiting the pics and thought I would look more bridal with a different updo, and not only was I thinking the same thing, but she was so right! The look I ended up with was romantic and bridal and everything I could have hoped for! My makeup was gorgeous and held up to the August weather wonderfully! I’ve never felt more beautiful!

Side notes: Their spray tans are amazing! I loved the airbrushed tan, and it did not give me the orange look that everyone always fears! I got a blowout before the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and it was great! I have long, thick hair, and the curls held up well! Also, if you are using Glo-Out for your wedding day, definitely consider getting ready there! They have a cute bridal area with a couch and cute string lights, a fridge and glasses for mimosas, tables for snacks, and we had the whole salon to ourselves - it was perfect!
    Sara Married on 10/20/2017
    I was always a little concerned about getting my hair and make up done for my wedding day. I am extremely particular about what I like and was not sure which route to go. However, knowing that it is special day I wanted to make sure I contracted "the right hair and make up artists". Nikki and her team truly deliver this while staying within my budget. They were friendly, professional and flexible from the moment I reached out to them. She truly adjusted her team to my needs when my bridal party size kept changing and when last minute requests were made. They were also so much fun to have in the bridal suite, were super supportive and did a great job with all the ladies. Nikki is extremely knowledgable and a great artist and we highly recommend her and her team for your next event.
    Sasha Married on 10/14/2017
    So, being an Indian bride I was a little nervous about what to expect. I wanted dramatic make up, but since my husband and I were having a mixed Indian and American wedding I had a very particular vision. The Spot beauty shop did an absolutely fabulous job. They did my entire wedding party including my mother and myself, and catered to what everyone wanted. I am so so so happy I decided to go with them. They were efficient, friendly and fun! definitely a good choice!
    Nicole Married on 10/07/2017
    Nikki and her team did an amazing job for me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. I was in love with my hair and makeup and they made me feel very comfortable to give my own opinion. Nikki and her team gave me super helpful tips during my trial to make sure that my hair and skin were in the best condition possible for my wedding day. My bridal party and mom's range widely in those who like to go all out with their hair and make-up and those who like to be more natural and they found the perfect balance for every person.
  • Carmele
    Carmele Married on 09/23/2017
    Nikki and her girls do an amazing job!!! I've worked with her twice now (a friend's wedding, and mine) and she has been professional, flexible, and a calming presence each time. Her make up and hair skills are amazing, and she works well with every situation she comes across. I absolutely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop, they make sure you look amazing on the best day of your life!
    Emily Married on 08/26/2017
    Hands down the easiest part of the whole day. These ladies handled getting 13 women ready for my wedding in such a smooth manner. Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, no one felt rushed- and we finished over an hour early!

All the hair and makeup lasted throughout the whole 12 hour day and we received so many compliments.

I literally cannot say enough how I absolutely amazing these women were throughout this whole process. 10/10 would recommend over and over again!
    Jen Married on 06/25/2017
    CiCi and Olivia from The Spot are absolutely incredible and are the type of people you want to have around you on your wedding day. My mom and I went to Charlottesville for my trial, and I had made a HUGE mistake and realized that I didn't book them to actually come to my wedding day location. We ended up booking them to do myself, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and my grandmother for hair and makeup. At first I was only planning on having hair and makeup for myself, but having them with us all morning was the best decision EVER. They made sure that everyone had hair and makeup that complimented but didn't "outshine" the bride. There were a total of 9 of us and CiCi and Olivia were so incredibly efficient but also laid back enough where we could pause for pictures, food breaks, and laugh breaks :) On your wedding day you want to be surrounded by people who are joyful, fun, kind, and contribute to a positive and stress-free atmosphere, and that's exactly what CiCi and Olivia did for my wedding day. All of us, including myself, felt so beautiful and were able to tweak and give our input about our individual style and what makes us feel most comfortable/beautiful when it comes to both hair and makeup. I can't recommend these ladies and The Spot Beauty Shop enough!!
    Sydney Married on 04/08/2017
    The entire team at The Spot were incredible!!! Cici and Olivia made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt and my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted!! They are also super efficient! Nikki made sure there was a large enough team for me and my bridesmaids and we were all ready in about 2.5 hours. Everyone looked stunning and I can't say thank you enough! We had so much fun hanging out at the salon and getting ready!
    Courtney Married on 10/22/2016
    THE BEST AIRBRUSH TAN...EVER! Growing up in Florida with an incredible tan, I was nervous to try airbrush tanning at this little hole in the wall two days before my wedding but I'm so glad I did. It was by far the most natural and beautiful spray tan I've ever had...at about $40 less than my average tans in DC. They were so accommodating to even squeeze my maid of honor in after her red eye flight was delayed. If you're thinking of airbrush tanning for your wedding...this is the place!
    Meghan Married on 10/01/2016
    Nikki and Cici did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. Can't recommend highly enough! They were professional and prompt, and they have amazing talent!
    Kerry Married on 07/09/2016
    There are so many AMAZING things I could say about The Spot Beauty Shop! I am from the DC area, therefore I was very nervous when it came to finding the perfect hair/makeup stylist not knowing anyone in the Charlottesville area. I had seeked out a few places that I just felt OK with, and was so close to settling on a particular shop when I came across The Spot Beaury Shop. What captured my attention the most was they provide not only hair and makeup services, but also phenomenal spray tans! I don't know any other shop in Charlottesville that offers all of those things in one! I went in having no idea what I wanted. Nikki, CiCi and Olivia went above and beyond, showing me all my options, walking me through everything step-by-step. Nikki also gave me one of the best spray tans I've ever had, and coming from someone who has spray tanned for 10+ years, that says a lot!! I truly wish I lived in the Charlottesville area to not only partake in these services more often, but to hang out with these amazing ladies! They truly made my day so much fun and so special, I can't thank them enough for making me and my entire bridal party feel so beautiful on my wedding day!
    Kristen Married on 07/02/2016
    The trial was a great way to get a preview of things I liked or would tweak the day of. I'm not super into make-up so I really appreciated her guidance and recommendations. I wanted a natural but also glamorous look and Olivia delivered on all counts. She was a lot of fun to have with us as we all got ready and she captured each of my bridesmaids unique styles.
    Nicole Married on 06/18/2016
    I can't say enough positive things about The Spot! They were amazing to work with and I absolutely LOVED my hair and so did my bridesmaids and mom. CiCi was AWESOME! I had a hair trial and told her I wanted a boho look and had brought pictures. The style she created was so much better than the pictures!! She said she could do that style in her sleep and it showed because it turned out even better on the day of my wedding. I am SO particular about my hair and I was so thrilled with the way it turned out! I wish I had CiCi around daily to do my hair:)