Glint Events Reviews

41 | Richmond, VA

41 Reviews for Glint Events

• Amy

Amy D Buckmaster · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing team of planners!

Kate, Anna, Becca and Emily at Glint Events were an absolute dream to work with. Their attention to detail, responsiveness and creativity were invaluable throughout the planning process. Our destination wedding in Williamsburg, VA went off without a hitch and my fiance and I were able to relax and enjoy the day to the fullest. If you're looking for top-notch, full service wedding planning, Glint delivers. Each and every vendor recommendation was spot on and Glint respected our budget at all the steps along the way. I cannot recommend the team at Glint enough.

Dennis Elwell · Married on 10/06/2018

Elwell-Keller Wedding Oct 2018

Glint was nothing short of miraculous on the day of event. We as a couple, chose to contract our own vendors, so, Glint's role was to organize and execute on the day of our wedding.

We had a 200+ person event at Upper Shirley, which entails large spaces, moving parts, high energy and lots of calm coordination among the wedding party, guests and the venue staff.

Everything went better than planned. Anna was an incredible asset and confident to the bridal party.

110% recommendations for this team. I host event professionally for a Fortune 10 company and their skill, timing, expertise are world-class.

Chandler · Married on 09/08/2018

amazing planners!

Anna and the Glint Events team were amazing from the very first contact! They answered all of my questions (no matter how big or small) in a timely manner and made wedding planning so easy and comfortable! Anna made sure the timeline was perfect for the day of and made sure every thing was in place and ready to go. They made my dream wedding come to life-it was perfect! The day of ran soooo smoothly and couldnt have done it without the Glint Team & Anna :) they were the best!

MaryClaire · Married on 07/21/2018

We could not have been more thrilled to have Kate as part of our vendor team! We chose Glint as our 30-day coordinator because she made us instantly comfortable from our first meeting, offering advice and setting us at ease about the stress of the big day. Kate was there throughout the weekend to ensure things went smoothly, even coming to the hotel where we were getting ready after we expressed concern about getting everything done in time. She went above and beyond and made sure we only knew the wonderful things that happened that day, and we didn't have to worry about a thing! We could not recommend Glint Events more!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/25/2018

We worked with Katie from Glint through our venue, Historic Mankin Mansion. Katie was so wonderful and helpful from the very beginning! She listened to all my crazy bride questions and helped us put together the most beautiful day I've ever experienced. She was very responsive to emails and was even flexible to accommodate meetings around my husband and my work hours. If anything didn't go as planned on the wedding day, I had absolutely NO idea. It was such a perfect day. Thank you, Katie! Six stars! :)

Krysta · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband & I hired Glint Events as our day of coordinator. Kate was the best to work with! She really understands your vision & ensures everything is executed flawlessly! When our photo booth vendor backed out via email 45 mins before the wedding, Kate went above & beyond to find us a replacement. Before I even knew about the cancellation, Kate called me with two replacement vendors lined up who she had worked with before & highly recommended. Dealing with vendors is definitely not something you want to worry about on your wedding day. Kate worked with all the vendors so well & managed the cancellation better then I could have imagined! Not to mention, we got along great!

Talya · Married on 11/19/2016

I'm a type-A, self starting bride - so I didn't hire a wedding day coordinator until late in the game, and boy am I glad I did. It was so helpful to have someone who just took care of all of the logistics on the day of the event and Emily from Glint Events was spectacular in handling everything. She got involved about a month ahead of time, providing me with questionnaires so she would know exactly what she needed to know to run the logistics on the day of the event. She attended the final venue walk through and from there just helped take care of everything - providing a detailed itinerary, contacting vendors, and even helped me plan a surprise toast for my groom! Emily truly went above and beyond during our wedding and I can't imagine having had the day without her there to take care of all of the logistics.

Clare · Married on 09/24/2016

Kate and Emily at Glint Events were wonderful to work with. They helped my daughter and I plan details down to every minute of the weekend. They worked with us throughout the year of planning and their guidance was invaluable. By the time the weekend arrived, everything fell into place and Kate and her team took care of every detail we had all planned out. They are professional, organized and fun all at the same time. I can't imagine planning and enjoying a wedding without them. Excellent!!!

Caitlin · Married on 05/29/2016

Glint Events was referred to me by a mutual friend that works in the wedding industry; that has to be the best referral - right? My fiancé and I had been engaged for two years and made zero decisions about our big day, so I was very reluctant to meet with a planner. The only requests we had were that our guests have a great time and that the weekend feel as intimate as possible. Glint Events NAILED IT!

I have plenty of friends that planned their wedding, I even helped my mom plan my sister’s, but I knew that to truly enjoy the process stress-free we needed a planner. After seeing so many brides stress over their big day and having a personality that likely would do the same, I knew the best decision I could make was hiring Kate & Emily. My advice to brides in the planning phase would be that just because you can plan a wedding it does not mean you should and the best way to enjoy your big day is to leave it to the professionals. It is worth every penny! (Make room for it in your budget.)

Kate & Emily made me feel like an old friend, like we had known each other forever from our first meeting. Ben and I joked that they were like elves sneaking around the day of the wedding. They were practically invisible but handled everything! We had zero stress which was impressive since we had planned for an outdoor wedding during the rainiest month on record. And of course it poured for our ceremony & reception, but they facilitated every detail and transformed our tent into a magical wonderland. I could not have envisioned anything more wonderful!

Do yourselves, your vendors and your guests a favor and hire Glint Events!

Audrey · Married on 05/28/2016

I was referred to Glint by my maid of honor who used Kate and her team for her own wedding. I booked their Wedding Day Coordination package for my May 28th wedding. I knew I wanted to book with them about 2 minutes into chatting with Kate. Her immediate understanding of my vision for the day and passion for what she does made it a perfect fit. Kate introduced me to Devin who was my point person and my main coordinator for the day, and we instantly clicked. She was extremely organized and clearly knew what she was doing. I had no hesitation in handing my wedding details and contracts over to her. On the day of my wedding Devin and the rest of the Glint team was wonderful. I cannot emphasize enough how much having them as my wedding coordinator made the day completely stress free and much more enjoyable. Thank you Glint!

C. · Married on 05/21/2016

Oh my gosh! I am still amazed, two months later, about the experience my daughter and I had working with Glint Events for her May 2016 wedding. We used Kate and her team for day-of coordination, and I can't even describe how much easier it was than my older daughter's wedding without a planner. Kate and Emily walked though the venue with us a month beforehand, made supportive suggestions, and helped us make decisions about how things would be set up. Then, a week before the wedding, Kate coordinated all the vendors and took away our stress so that we could enjoy the pre-wedding activities. With the forecast of rain, which did occur, we felt confident enough with her to rely on her expertise in changing the layout of our reception venue. My daughter and I were so pleased with how everything looked when we arrived! Kate is an extremely hard-working, organized, detail-oriented business woman with a calm demeanor who will soothe even the most nervous bride. I highly recommend Glint Events and would not hesitate to use them again!

Kate · Married on 11/21/2015

My husband Coleman and I worked with Glint Events for both primary planning and wedding day coordination, and Kate and Emily were beyond wonderful! I interviewed several wedding planners in Richmond but left only the Glint Events interview with a huge smile on my face. As an indecisive bride-to-be, the Primary Planning services were helpful. I needed assistance settling on a theme/color scheme and Kate helped guide me and hone in on my likes/dislikes. Glint Events even had us feeling comfortable with the hand-off between Kate and Emily before Baby Franzen was born. And reassuring an anxious bride-to-be is not an easy task! Our wedding day was beyond our expectations. Everything on the day of the wedding ran so smoothly and with such ease. Emily's level of confidence and expertise was invaluable to us. Emily was like an extra best friend by my side all day and I was so grateful to have her guidance. We were all able to enjoy our celebration knowing that everything was being managed well. I would recommend Kate and her Glint Events team to anyone looking to have a well-organized, thoroughly planned wedding! Thank you Glint Events!

Caitlin · Married on 09/05/2015

When we first got engaged, I met with 3 different wedding planners. Kate was by far and above my favorite. She was genuine, experienced, and offered a partial planning package that allowed me to handle the details with her there to support and provide unlimited advice along the way. Looking back, I cannot imagine having gotten married without Kate and her team there. You might think you don't need a wedding coordinator, but... you do. The last thing you want to do on your big day is answer questions from vendors and put out fires. Our wedding day was perfect and that was largely thanks to Glint Events. I cannot recommend them more highly!

Kathryn · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband Bryan and I worked with Glint Events for both primary planning and wedding day coordination, and Kate and Emily were beyond wonderful! We interviewed several wedding coordinators in Richmond, and the moment we met Kate we knew her genuine, kind personality was a perfect fit for us. She was incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable about designing and planning a wedding, but she also had fun with us and made us feel like everything was going to turn out great (which it did!).

Kate's primary planning services were extremely helpful, especially her vision board that compiled my thousands of Pinterest ideas into one page that described our theme perfectly. We used the vision board to send to vendors and keep us focused throughout our planning process.

Kate stepped in again one month before the wedding to begin coordination and made us all feel relaxed yet excited about the days to come. Throughout the wedding weekend, Kate and Emily were critical in making sure our timeline ran smoothly, our vendors were on track, and that everyone felt relaxed. We got married at my family's home in a very rural area on the river where there is little cell phone reception, so of course there were a few bumps the day of the wedding. However, I didn't even know about them until the next week because Kate handled them seamlessly for us! We also had numerous DIY projects and a very complicated transportation system, and Glint Events organized and oversaw them perfectly. Kate and Emily took care of every little detail, and I truly cannot say enough good things!

Glint Events coordinated the wedding of our dreams, and Bryan and I had the best day of our lives! Thank you Kate and Emily for all of your help!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Glint Events's reply:

Kathryn and Bryan - thank you so much for your review. The thing we love most about what we do is how unique each event is. You and your families did a great job with the planning and we were happy to help kick everything off and then come in at the end to make sure everything went as smooth as possible! We are on pins and needles to see photos - they are going to be gorgeous! Best wishes to you all and we hope you keep in touch!

Rebekah · Married on 06/06/2015

Glint Events provided Day-Of coordinator services for my wedding. I honestly don't know how we could have done it without them. They made sure everything was where it needed to be in both our reception and ceremony locations as well as making sure the reception events went smoothly. They knew exactly when to step in and grab us for a moment.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Glint Events's reply:

Rebekah, thank you for your review! We loved working with you all and we were so honored that you trusted our team for such an important day.

Amy · Married on 04/11/2015

I first met Kate at a bridal expo and immediately after speaking to her I knew that I needed to work with her and her team. Up until that point I was very worried about being an overly anxious bride-to-be, but whenever I spoke to Kate that nervous feeling totally disappeared. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kate was there to answer any and all questions I had, whether it was about vendors or the vision of our special day. Leading up to the wedding, Kate sent me a very detailed timeline and communicated with all of the vendors which was a huge weight lifted from my shoulders! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I truly believe that that was due to Kate and Emily being there and taking care of every little detail. If there were any mishaps that day, I was blissfully unaware. I can honestly say that hiring Glint Events for day of coordination was the BEST decision I made during my wedding planning process! I very strongly recommend Glint Events to anyone who is looking for a wedding or event planner!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Glint Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We absolutely loved working with you and Jon! You both have the sweetest families and being a part of such a special day was really an honor for us. We hope you all keep in touch and enjoy all the fun that comes with marriage! xoxo

Jenna · Married on 11/15/2014

The simple truth is...just because you think you can plan your wedding by yourself does not mean you should! And this is why Kate Franzen and her team are the best--Kate takes your style, budget, and all your wedding wishes and plans YOUR perfect day. From vendor recommendations to electronic planning, trouble-shooting, and timelines, Kate and her process is flawless.

My best advice is to trust Kate 100% along the way, and watch her do her best work! We did just that, and our wedding day was more beautiful, stress-free, and fun than we could have ever planned!

THANK YOU KATE & TEAM!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Glint Events's reply:

I wish I could frame the first line of your review and post it on a wall in my office - and maybe I will! Thank you for trusting us, and letting us in to plan such a beautiful event with you. You all made us feel like family through the 10 months we worked together, and it makes us so happy that you are happy! We wish you all the happiness in your future together!

caitlin · Married on 11/08/2014

Amy at Lovebirds was our day of (we could really say 'month of') coordinator and she was incredible. Honestly, I'm kind of a control freak, and having Amy there meant that I never had to worry! She totally got my vision, executed it flawlessly, and kept everything on track. I never had to worry about whether or not the busses would arrive, or how the cocktail hour to dinner transition would go. There was a little snafu with the tent and she totally handled it for me. Honestly, I couldn't recommend Amy or Lovebirds more, especially if you're a bride like me.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Glint Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Amy and the team loved working with you and it makes us smile to know you felt so comfortable and relaxed on your wedding day. It's hard to let go after doing the bulk of the planning yourself, but we made sure we did everything we could to ensure a happy day for you and Karl! We look forward to planning your Maid of Honor's wedding next May and hopefully seeing you soon!

Katelyn · Married on 10/04/2014

My now husband and I had the pleasure of working with Kate for 18 months during the course of our long engagement! And we are truly sad that it's over! From my first meeting with Kate, I knew I wanted to work with her. She is knowledgeable, passionate, enthusiastic, but also down to earth. Every meeting we had with her felt like hanging out with an old friend. We had a few minor bumps in our wedding planning along the way, and I always knew that Kate would be there to answer my call or email and walk me through it. The day before our wedding and the day of, she was instrumental in making sure everything ran smoothly. I cannot recommend her enough! Having Kate there on the day of our wedding allowed me to sit back and relax, enjoy the day with my family and friends and not worry about a thing. If anything went wrong, I didn't know about it! Our day was even more perfect than I could have imagined, and Kate played a huge role in that. If you're looking for a wedding planner... hire Lovebirds Events!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Glint Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review! I feel like there is a hole in our lives now that your wedding is oveR-- we enjoyed working with you all THAT MUCH! Thank you for being such amazing clients and letting us be a part of your big day. Best wishes xoxo

Kelsey · Married on 10/04/2014

Lovebird events was absolutely amazing throughout our entire planning process and day-of celebrations. Kate was our full-time planner/organizer and Emily worked with us as our day-of coordinator. My now-husband (yay!) and I live in Colorado but are originally from Virginia. Due to the long distance planning, we chose our planner carefully since we wouldn't be able to meet vendors or even see the location until months after they were booked. Kate was flexible with our busy schedules and was always available to check in via phone calls, texts, skype or email. We had very unique ideas for both our ceremony and reception, and Kate went out of her way to make those dreams happen. She seemed just as excited about the wedding as we were! I totally trusted Kate to advocate for what we were wanting. She kept our budget in check and was always finding the best deals for us. She has so many connections in Richmond. We really could not have done it without her. Her whole team was responsive and available practically at all hours, making my pre-wedding anxieties almost nonexistent - I didn't think that was possible!

On the day of I was completely relaxed and happy, able to soak in all of the joy and beauty knowing that Emily had all of the details under control. She was fantastic as well. She must have been so busy that day making sure everything was set up as we wanted, moving furniture from cocktail hour to the reception flawlessly, and managing any unexpected surprises that we did not predict (including running out of beer - yikes!). She did this without anyone noticing and without stress...everything happened exactly as we hoped without me having to worry.

Both Kate and Emily are amazing, easy to talk to and work with, and truly listen and work to make your dream day come into reality. It was absolutely the happiest and most magical day of my life, and Lovebirds Events is the reason. They're the best in VA!

Annie · Married on 08/09/2014

Kate and Lovebirds Events were amazing! They definitely took a lot of the planning stress off my family. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2014

As somebody who is rarely at a loss for words, writing a review for Lovebirds Events has been a daunting task because I cannot even find the words to express how wonderful it was working with Kate! She took the vision I had in my head of our wedding day and made it so much BETTER than anything I could have even imagined. We moved out of town a year ago so planning a long distance wedding made me very nervous but Kate was always readily available via email or phone and we were able to accomplish so much without me feeling any stress at all. My family and friends could not stop talking about how wonderful the day was and I know I have Kate to thank for that. Our parents and bridal party had no stress because we knew Kate was completely in control of the entire day and we all just got to soak in every perfect moment. I really hope my sister decides to get married soon just so I have an excuse to work with Kate again because she is so extremely talented! Thank you Kate for making the best day of my life everything I wanted and so much more!

Suzanne · Married on 05/24/2014

We used Lovebirds Events for our wedding last month and words cannot express how wonderful they were. It was one of the best decisions I made to choose Kate Franzen and her team. I cannot say enough great things about Kate-- she is absolutely amazing! No matter what issue I had or decision I was making, Kate was always there to help when I needed her. She responded to my calls or emails almost immediately, and was always helpful and honest. Every meeting, phone call, or even email with her made me feel so much less stressed and calmer. She took time and effort to understand my vision so I knew that I was able to let go and trust her. She also has impeccable taste and such a great personality. Everyone who worked with her on our wedding was so impressed with her ability to get it all done with a smile. Her communication and organization skills are unparalleled, and she was able to get everyone involved in our wedding, including vendors and family members, on the same page. She ensured that every detail, even those I hadn’t thought of, was planned and perfect. Kate and Emily worked behind the scenes on our wedding day to ensure that every aspect of our wedding was flawless, smooth, and everything we dreamed of. I wholeheartedly recommend Lovebirds Events to anyone planning a wedding.

Jennalee · Married on 04/26/2014

Kate and her team at Lovebirds are truly the best! She made the wedding planning process stress-free. From the start, she listened to all my needs and concerns to create a customized partial-planning package for me. In her very first e-mail, she provided me with great online tools (vendor tracker, checklist, guest list tracker, and budget tracker) to keep me organized and to make sure I didn’t miss any detail. We met several times throughout the planning process to discuss décor/logistics/and vendors, but she was very easy to contact and quick to respond to any emails in between meetings. She really knows the wedding business and is very resourceful. She had great vendor recommendations and always had an answer to every problem that arose during planning.

And THANK GOODNESS I had Lovebirds the week of the wedding! It was such a relief to know that she and her team were making all the calls to my vendors to confirm arrival/drop-off times. They even wrote up a very detailed timeline for the day-of my wedding so I knew the schedule of events for the night. The wedding day was absolutely perfect! I was speechless when I saw the decorated venue for the first time. She really made my vision come to life. It actually looked better than I ever would have dreamed it could. Everything was wonderful and flowed perfectly from beginning to end. I wish I could relive the day all over again!

Lynn · Married on 04/12/2014

My daughter’s wedding in September 2014 was a magical event due to Lovebirds Events and Kate Franzen. After getting engaged, my daughter said she was too busy to plan a Richmond wedding in the next year and I lived in Dallas so could not help much. We found Lovebirds Events online, hired them and never looked back. Kate was able to help us locate a beautiful church for the service and an amazing reception site. She sat down with the bride and groom to build their wedding “vision” and then took over all the details. With a few calls to Texas, we had a perfect wedding weekend. Kate had everything looking gorgeous, organized, timely and fun!!!