21 Reviews for Glendale Lyceum

Glassware (2)
Parking (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

We held our wedding reception at the Lyceum, and it was everything I’d want in a venue and more! Until my wedding planner told us about it, I had never heard of the Glendale Lyceum, but I’m so glad she did, because we LOVED it for our venue. There is so much character and charm, and I’d never been to anything like it before. Throughout our wedding planning process, people would ask us what our venue was. When we told them, so many people/vendors would comment on what a gorgeous venue it was, and they were all right. Not only did we love the look of the place, but the service from Cindy and David from the Lyceum was top notch! They let us visit multiple times so we could get a good idea of the layout, we were allowed to come the day before to set up, and we could leave our stuff overnight after the reception and come pick up the next day. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors, resulting in a great overall flow for our reception and they were just so polite and friendly. The fact that we could bring in our own alcohol was also a huge plus, and saved us so much money in our budget. I really can’t say enough good things about this place, and I’m so glad we chose it as the backdrop for our special day!

Profile Picture Erinn, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The first time I saw the Glendale Lyceum, I knew it would be the perfect location for our August wedding reception. We could not be more happy with our selection! The space was the perfect size, and we loved the beautiful light-filled main room. The chandeliers, french doors and mantles added touches of elegance and the side areas were ideal for the flow and format of the evening. While the space made for the perfect backdrop, it’s the Glendale Lyceum team that make it the best place in Cincinnati to have a wedding reception. Cindy and Kevin were so flexible, reliable, easy going and knowledgeable throughout the entire planning. They coordinated very well with our vendors and helped us completely customize the layout and pull of our vision. We’re so grateful for our experience with the Glendale Lyceum and they have our highest reccommedation!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend the Lyceum to anyone! The venue is beautiful. It has several rooms that you can use for a variety of purposes - we used the patio for games, whiskey tasting in the library, cake display in the sun room, and dinner and dancing in the main hall. They have a 'getting ready' area upstairs that is newly-renovated and to die for (think movie-set makeup mirrors and lights)!

Cindy and her team are fantastic! They made everything so easy. We were able to get in early and set up - which is huge for the borderline perfectionistic bride who wants to do everything herself. I almost can't believe how flexible they were!! On top of all that, the Lyceum allowed us to work with whatever vendors we wanted. Again, unbelievable. We could chose our caterer/bakery, bring our own drinks, work with any band, and bring in specialty providers. In addition, most of the vendors we spoke to listed the Lyceum as one of their favorite places to work. Since they have such a great working relationship, I had to do significantly less coordinating. For example, we used the Glendale Florist and I didn't have to do anything beyond deciding on flowers - they coordinated delivery and set-up times! Whew! It's also worth mentioning that Cindy was great at making recommendations. From the layout of the rooms, to linens, she allowed us to leverage her expertise - most of us will only get married once, Cindy does this 20+ times a year!

The pricing is great as well, it's itemized and you know where your dollars are going. I didn't feel duped - which is wonderful. If I had to do it all over again - I would choose the Lyceum in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User4351981, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can't say enough about the Glendale Lyceum.. EVERYONE connected with the Lyceum made planning our event relaxing and simple. We had plenty of time to set up in this charming, bright, clean venue. Everything we needed ( tables, barware, dishes and place settings etc ) was available to us in their well stocked kitchen area. Our caterer was thrilled we were having our celebration at the Lyceum because of the way they co-operate in every way possible. We could not have been happier with this venue and recommend it highly!

Profile Picture Mary Lee, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, China, Flatware, Glassware, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Cindy and the team at the Glendale Lyceum were amazing. They were very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. They did everything they could to make sure our reception was picture perfect. I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

i absolutely loved this venue!! I held my ceremony outside under the big tree and it was beautiful. We did the reception inside and it was exactly what we wanted. Cindy was amazing to work with and helped me every step of the way! No regrets working with them or with this venue!

Profile Picture Alexis, 5/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I don't like to go five stars on everything, but this place was wonderful! They were so nice and helpful and helped my wedding run smoothly. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Profile Picture User3538749, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy and Kevin were great! They made sure that our wedding day went smoothly. Cindy was super helpful during the planning process. She was extremely flexible and willing to work with us and our needs for the wedding. The value for the rental fee can't be beat - it includes tables, chairs, linens, silverware, china, etc. no hidden fees or costs like some other venues!!! You can also choose your own catering company and provide your own alcohol, which was a huge cost savings for us. The venue is absolutely beautiful ... Perfect if you are planning a vintage wedding! Check it out!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful location and very friendly staff!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect place for our wedding reception! Cindy, Richard, and Fran were all so helpful. We received many compliments on how gorgeous the place was. I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Jaime, 8/10/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

our daughter's friday evening wedding took place at the Glendale Lyceum; her wedding was the most beautiful it could have been; the facility is BEAUTIFUL, vintage, spacious.....Cindy and Kevin decorated the facility just as we asked, using our decor (and theirs)....the table linens, china, and glassware makes this place a remarkable value for a reception venue. We cannot thank the folks at the Lyceum enough for their attention to detail; our daughter's wedding was OUTSTANDING...and our guests kept saying "where did you find this place"....??? It's that special!!!!!!

Profile Picture susan, 6/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy and Kevin at the Glendale Lyceum were a dream to work with. The venue is absolutely gorgeous- it is beautiful enough that it requires little decoration, and any decorations or ideas that you have will be carried out flawlessly. They worked with us through every step of the process (and I was definitely a needy bride!) and even allowed us to come in early to decorate and set up. They coordinated every last detail and made sure everything went smoothly. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

It is set in the heart of historic Glendale as well, which makes for gorgeous pictures. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/8/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough good things about the Glendale Lyceum. Cindy was amazing to work with! She was super attentive, flexible and encouraging. She was great about offering ideas in terms of seating plan ideas, decoration ideas, etc. She also keeps their Facebook page up to date with pictures of the decor and set up for the various events that are held there, which was great as I was trying to visualize how I wanted it to look for our night. She was also awesome about meeting us there to look the place over and plan for our big night. She was very nice, and laid back and seemed genuinely interested in helping our visions to become a reality. She was open to our ideas instead of making us feel like we had to do it a certain way because that's the way they always do it. In my opinion, the Lyceum is a beautiful and valuable venue with so much to offer!

Profile Picture User1555765, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy and Kevin were great to work with at the Glendale Lyceum. We had our rehearsal dinner and the reception at the Lyceum, and we were able to create a totally different atmosphere for each event. Cindy was very responsive and worked with us as we tweaked the seating to be "just right", and it was set up just as agreed on the event day!

Profile Picture Jen, 5/26/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elegant, historical, beautiful, unique, intimate. All of these words describe the Lyceum. Cindy was a joy to work with and always had time for my questions. We had both our ceremony and reception at the location, and it was magical. We could not have been happier with our choice of venue and if you have a smaller wedding, and are looking for a place with alot of character, check out the Glendale Lyceum. The surrounding neighborhood is also charming.

Profile Picture Rosanne, 5/19/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy & Kevin at the Lyceum are so wonderful to work with. They were very accommodating with my many changes and were very easy and responsive to work with. The venue is truly one of a kind!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/24/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Glendale Lyceum is a wonderful venue. They are professional, flexible and very easy to work with. They have great resources available and they have good relationships with many other vendors in town. Definitely a great place to host a reception!

Profile Picture Cornel, 8/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Venue was beautiful and staff was very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Roseann, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Glendale Lyceum provided a beautiful, elegant and classy venue for our daughter's wedding. From the Bridal Suite to the English Pub; the Ballroom, Tea Room and Sunroom, the Lyceum is THE place to have a reception. Cindy and Kevin were fabulous and everything went like clockwork. They worked seamlessly with our caterer, florist, photographer, videographer and d.j. to support a perfect evening. I would highly recommend this venue. The knowledge and skills that Cindy and Kevin have is invaluable in both the preparation and execution of this wedding. Kudos to the Lyceum!

Profile Picture User6272017, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, China, Flatware, Glassware
2.7

This location was everything I ever dreamed of physically. It was breath-taking and definitely looked great for the event. However, it was a nightmare trying to get a hold of the staff and get my questions answered. The value for what was provided was extremely over priced and caused us to cut back in other areas. If you have an unlimited budget and time to plan and work around kinks that may arise - this is the place for you! If you don't have an unlimited budget and have a short time period - I'd advise against using this location.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/13/11, 5 Reviews