Glendale Lakes Golf Club Reviews

Glendale Lakes Golf Club 1
Glendale Lakes Golf Club 2
Glendale Lakes Golf Club 3

Sydney · Married on 05/11/2019

Nancy is the BEST! Made everything easy, fun, and collaborative.

Sent on 05/07/2018
  • Jen

Jen Jaco · Married on 05/04/2019

Great value, beautiful location

This is an excellent location for the price for a wedding. I originally worked with Nancy, but she retired partway through our reservation. I ended up working with Mike, who definitely put in great effort to ensure my day went smoothly.

I did the platinum package. The price you pay for food, an open bar, cake, flowers, tables, place settings, table clothes, napkins, etc. is amazing. I loved that everything was included through the venue, as it made it much easier to navigate everything and fewer vendors to interact with.

We chose to have our ceremony outdoors at the gazebo and rented chairs from an outside company (required for outdoor ceremony). It was a beautiful ceremony, and the venue drove me and my escorts over in golf carts to limit walking.

The venue hall was set up beautifully for my reception. Mike and his team did an amazing job, and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

I did have some moment of worry, as some of my information was lost in the transition between Nancy's retirement and Mike taking over. However, Mike was extremely quick to respond, very helpful, and made my big day go by as smoothly as possible. Great venue, great pricing, and my guests have raved about my wedding ever since.

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Glendale Lakes Golf Club 4
    Glendale Lakes Golf Club 5
    Glendale Lakes Golf Club 6

John · Married on 09/22/2017

Glendale lakes was great! Nancy and Mike were very flexible with our plans. And even helped with areas of the planning. The food and service were excellent. And the prices were VERY reasonable when compared to comparable venues in the area. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Maggie · Married on 11/26/2016

Nancy and Mike were so helpful and supportive! The food was great, the bar package was extensive, the tasting event was thorough, and they decorated the hall perfectly for our wedding. Excellent service - especially for the price!!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2016

Can not say enough about the Glendale Lakes Golf Club. We had our wedding there on September 2nd 2016 and it was absolutely beautiful. We got lots of positive feedback on the great food, and on the very attentive/friendly staff. Nancy and Mike are a pleasure to work with. We looked around for venues all over Illinois for over a year, and you really can't beat the value either! I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Glendale Lakes Golf Club, and we were thrilled with the location, the food, the staff, etc. It was all top quality!! Nancy made planning everything very easy, and even had a special brand of tequila brought in for our open bar, because my husband did not like the kind they typically serve! That's good service! Everyone was so very nice and helpful and went out of their way to make the day as easy and stress-free for us as possible and we really appreciate that! The food was spectacular, the open bar was on top of all of the drinks being ordered, and I don't think I ever saw a line build up. And, the wedding package we chose came with the flowers (centerpieces and sweetheart table), and the cake! I couldn't believe that! And the vendors they use for those services are just as spectacular as Glendale Lakes is! Overall, we were incredibly pleased with our choice to use their venue for our entire wedding! I would highly recommend this as a venue location to anyone who is considering getting married, or even just having their reception here!

Sent on 12/30/2015

My husband and I hosted both our rehearsal dinner and wedding at Glendale Lakes Golf Club and we were absolutely thrilled with their service! They were very accommodating and cordial, very helpful and responsive, and the food is great too! We did not have to worry about a thing on our wedding day, the staff made everything go so smoothly. Glendale Lakes has two picturesque outdoor ceremony spots (for those looking to get married outside onsite) and their grounds and gardens are well-kept and gorgeous! Really nice and spacious outdoor patio in the back (equipped with heaters for colder months) and the clubhouse is cozy and elegant. We feel so lucky to have found this place. Our guests had a fabulous time at our wedding and we had the time of our lives!

Sent on 10/31/2015

You'll truly get the best value for your money here. My husband and I chose Glendale Lakes for our small brunch wedding reception (20 guests total, plus us), and we were thrilled with the experience. We wanted a "semi-formal brunch reception" and that's exactly what we got. It was affordable without sacrificing quality, the brunch buffet was delicious (all of the food got a lot of compliments), and the room looked fantastic. Our event was fairly simple, but Nancy was so accommodating about every detail. She was very easy to work with. We received excellent service from the entire staff on the day of our event, too—highly attentive service, truly wonderful. (On a side note, I had previously thrown a bridal shower here for my sister, and attended a baby shower here as well—both were good experiences, great food and service. ) Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/12/2015

We had our wedding and ceremony at Glendale Lakes and they did an amazing job! Everyone I worked with there was so sweet and very accommodating. I sent numerous emails throughout the year of planning and they always responded with such helpful and honest replies. The day of went so smoothly, they decorated perfectly and made everything a breeze. The food is good, the alcohol is good and service is excellent. My friend is getting married there in two weeks and I'm excited to see everyone who was there on our big day. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Steve · Married on 09/01/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding reception. The staff at Glendale Lakes was excellent and helped pull everything together to make our reception perfect in every way. They were extremely open to our personal preferences and even let us bring a Vienna Beef hot dog cart into the bar area for our late night snack. We have absolutely no complaints about working with Glendale Lakes from start to finish, and as a bonus, they were the least expensive venue in the area.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2012

I searched high and low for an appropriate place to have our wedding.. we were looking for something local and an outside ceremony with an indoor reception within a short distance from one another. We found Glendale Lakes and fell in love. They have a Gazebo across the street that we used for our ceremony and inside the golf course for the reception. Patti and Nancy were awesome people to work with and I would recommend them to ANYONE who was looking for a venue. They were so helpful and always easily reached and had all the answers to any question I had. The entire night went smooth thanks to them, the food is amazing, the drinks kept coming and the bartenders were great. They provide the cake, centerpieces and A LOT MORE where as most places you have to pay for everything separately. They were great!!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Suellen · Married on 04/14/2012

Look no further for a venue for your wedding! We just had our daughter's wedding here and it was wonderful! It is a beautiful setting, we were the only event in the building, our family and friends raved about the food, the service, the cake, the view, etc. This is place is also a wonderful value for the money - we were able to invite more guests because of that. If you get the wedding package it includes centerpieces - you can meet with the florist to choose what you want, and it includes awesome cake - you can go to a tasting and design exactly what you want. Ask for Nancy - she is wonderful to work with, and had some really good ideas and suggestions for us - definiely not pushy or snobby like some oif the other venues we checked out. And if you book there - definitely have the salmon as one of your entrees - it was fabulous!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Shelley · Married on 03/24/2012

Absolutely wonderful staff! They made things so easy and worked with us on setting up and decorating...the banquet room was stunning...the food delicious...the price was very reasonable...if you want a cheaper wedding and reception I suggest a Saturday Daytime Wedding, we did ours during the day and the pricing is cheaper the food fabulous and there were more people on the dancefloor during the day then there are at most night time weddings I have attended...So incredibly happy with the staff, decor, professionalism and helpfulness of all involved in making our wedding day so amazing.

Sent on 08/17/2012

cindy · Married on 08/19/2011

Event Coordinators were friendly and easy to work with. The facility is beautiful, food was excellent in both quality and quantity. The price was at the low end of the average cost of an all inclusive banquet. If there was a negative, it would be that the wait staff was almost too efficient. All in all a great facility! Thanks Nancy & Patti!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2011

I had been to so many weddings between my friends and family, so I knew what to expect for a wedding reception. But Glendale Lakes Golf Club went above and beyond my expectations! Everything was amazing!! The room decor was great, the food choices were wonderful, and everything was super affordable. Everyone raved about the food! And the bar they offer is top shelf only. The best bang for your buck. Would recommend to EVERYONE!! Loved our wedding reception.

Sent on 04/23/2011

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2011

Glendale Lakes Golf Club was the perfect place to have our wedding and reception. We wanted to have our ceremony at our reception site and Glendale Lakes set it up very beutifully with chairs to make an aisle and a lighted arch. After the ceremony they took all the chairs down quikly so that the reception could begin. The room is very elegant, the cake was absolutely beautiful and all the food including the cake was delicious. I got several compliments from our guests about the food and how beautiful everything was. I did a lot of checking around before my wedding and Glendale Lakes was by far the best price for such wonderful service. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/21/2011

Dina · Married on 05/17/2008

very easy to work with. Go above and beyong to please you.

Sent on 08/07/2008

Diana · Married on 02/02/2008

Patty and Nancy were wonderful and very flexible with all that we wanted. We had a beautiful room and the food was great. I loved that we were the only wedding there and everyone enjoyed our big day.

Sent on 05/25/2008

Jeanette · Married on 06/29/2007

Glendale Lakes provided a very elegent and traditional wedding atmosphere. The facility was decorated to our exact needs and requests. The food was great and we benefited from having the bridal suite for the bridal party to utilize throughout the night. We couldn't have asked for a better reception facility.

Sent on 07/27/2008

Ruben · Married on 05/19/2017

Glendale Lakes Golf Club is truly a hidden gem. Nancy and Mike were so great to work with and were so flexible with everything. They handled my neuroses very well and never made me feel like I was a bother.
    Honestly, the tasting was my favorite part – the food was outstanding and they let me bring my now-husband, my mom, my bridesmaid AND her husband!
    They handled unexpected occurrences so well and were flexible about payments which made everything so easy. The staff that set up our ceremony and reception did an impeccable job.
    Our wedding was seamless – everything went wrong but Glendale Lakes and the staff handled it so well that I didn’t even stress it. The server that took care of us all night (her name escapes me, older woman with short hair) went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and fed. She even came outside to check on me a few times.
    To this day, I am still craving that creamy soup we had. I would fully, 100% recommend this gem to anyone for ANY event. Hopefully in the future, we’ll have a baby shower or two there.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/05/2016

Nancy and Mike were great to work with! They were very flexible and easy going. Unfortunately wedding are so expensive, and this venue made it much more affordable. I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Emily · Married on 11/07/2015

We got married in November 2015 and had our rehearsal dinner and our reception at Glendale Lakes Golf Course. We were absolutely thrilled with everything, and best yet, this was the best value we found during all of our (very extensive) research. We worked with Nancy & Mike, and they were both phenomenal. They were totally flexible and willing to work with whatever crazy/unique ideas we had and they offered great suggestions for decor, food, etc. We dropped off all our decorations a few days before the event and they set up (and took down!) everything for us, which was fantastic! We couldn't be more impressed with Glendale Lakes and felt like we got a wonderful value for our events.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Betsy · Married on 05/05/2012

They were fabulous! We had some miscommunications at first about the date but they worked it out for us. They would answer questions in a timely manner and were able to do everything we wanted. The food was great. The staff was amazing the day of, I wasn't feeling well unfortunately and once they knew that if I was out on the patio or out in the lobby (in the cooler areas) the food & beverage manager & some of the wait staff would come up to me regularly and make sure I had ginger ale or anything I needed. For the area & what the packages included the pricing was phenomenal! I would definitely book with them again for anything!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Jen · Married on 04/28/2012

Great price and quality. Service was great. We used them for our wedding and they were very helpful along the way. Sometimes took a while to get back to email when we were planning, but for the last few months before the wedding (we had them booked a year in advance), they got back to emails and calls quickly. They were very accommodating with setup and price and letting us bring in a sweets table. We also got a discount for having the wedding out of the "hot season". Highly recommend for great service and food and a beautiful space. We got many compliments!

Sent on 05/16/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2010

This place is the best kept secret in ceremony and reception places. The prices are unbelievable! Theres not a better deal out there. The food is really good too! The food tasting was so nice too befoer the wedding. Nancy and Patti are very nice and very good at what they do and will make your day your own and easy! What I loved about the venue is that you are the only wedding there and everything is there! Love this place! Everyone should look at this place!

Sent on 09/21/2010