Glen Oaks C.C. Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Abby
    Abby W. Married on 05/14/2022

Wonderful Experience

This place is so beautiful. The lighting and grounds are incredible. To top it off, Bill and Brian were very responsive and helpful with everything little thing we needed. My husband and I got rave reviews about the venue, food, and staff. Would definitely recommend!
  • Kelli
    Kelli M. Married on 10/16/2021

We love Glen oaks!!

We got married at Glen Oaks in October. The venue and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Bill and Brian were amazing, so helpful and so easy to work with! It is hard planning a wedding especially during Covid and we are forever thankful for all Bill and Brian’s help! And the food was AMAZING! We still have guests telling us how good the food was!
    Dean S. Married on 07/25/2021

Wedding and Reception July 2021

Bill, Gina and the Glen Oaks staff are the best. Because of severe weather, the Ceremony was moved inside. It went perfectly and the venue was set up for dinner so quickly after the Ceremony, I didn't even notice! We couldn't have asked for more. The food is excellent as well as the service. So many guests said they loved the venue and that it was the best Wedding they've ever attended! We think so too.
  • Susan
    Susan W. Married on 05/16/2020

Glen Oaks CC Perfect Venue-

We ended up having to reschedule from 6/2020 to 5/2021. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was stressful but Bill went out of his way to make sure the day was special and that we wouldn't have to reschedule once again. Glen Oaks was as flexible as they could be. We rented for the whole day and got ready and took pictures in the rooms upstairs and also out on the course. Brian helped with the ceremony and the reception and stayed to the end to make sure we had everything we needed. . Everything was wonderful- The food (sit down due to COVID protocols) was delicious and the serving size was very generous. The large decks were nice because people were happy to be outside. My daughter was very happy with the entire day- Her only complaint was that it ended too soon!
  • Kelley
    Kelley K. Married on 11/02/2019

Great Service, BEST Food Ever

Bill at Glen Oaks was awesome to work with. Efficient and quick to respond in all communication, and very informative at the initial meeting. There were never any issues throughout the whole process, it was seamless!

The reception was perfect. Everything was placed exactly as discussed and looked beautiful. The food was AMAZING. Biggest buffet spread I have ever seen at a wedding, and it was all perfectly cooked. I still have guests raving about it being the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding, and I agree!

Great space, great food, great service!!!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 10/17/2019

Best. Wedding. Ever.

My husband and I were both so so impressed with the service we received at Glen Oaks! Everything and everyone involved was amazing! Brian Shay was so helpful throughout the planning process from the beginning of our venue search through the morning after our wedding. Our guests RAVED about the food and the space. Several even told me it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and everyone was very professional. They are definitely experienced in the wedding game. We have no complaints whatsoever. Hands down, I would recommend and choose Glen Oaks again and again and again in the future!
  • Danielle
    Danielle R. Married on 10/20/2018

Ceremony & Reception site

The staff and Glen Oaks are absolutely fantastic! They were so accommodating, understanding, flexible, and helped our wedding day go off without a hitch! The food was so delicious and there was so much of it! Highly recommend this beautiful venue!
    Rachel Married on 08/12/2018
    Amazing experience! We just got married 2 days ago at Glen Oaks and had a blast. We had our ceremony outdoors, which was beautiful! We thought we were going to have to change it to be indoors since it rained that day in Farmington Hills. But it ended up raining everywhere else but at Glen Oaks. The reception was also at Glen Oaks and I could NOT have asked for any better service! The whole event went so smoothly and ran so well. All the guests could not stop raving about the food and service (and the drinks too!).
  • April
    April Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing Experience

My husband and I were married here in May of 2019. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Bill and Kathy were so helpful and made sure that my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams! It started raining shortly before our outdoor ceremony was supposed to take place and Bill made arrangements very quickly to have everything set up inside. Perfect experience we will never forget!
    Kathleen Married on 10/13/2017
    I would definitely recommend this venue. Bill, Brian and Kathy were superb. Prior to the event they were very helpful and would get back to us very quickly regarding any questions. Bill meet me there prior to wedding Day so I could do some checking on decorating. Kathy was very calming during the event and so helpful. Brian was right there when something came up and took care of our needs quickly and efficiently.

The one thing I truly loved was the atmosphere and and the beauty of this venue.

Joelle Married on 09/29/2017
    There is not a better, nicer, more professional working team then at Glen Oaks!!!! We were the first on both sides of the families to throw a wedding - so the nerves and questions were flying at the start of this process. They took and answered every phone call (at least 15) so politely, and gave both their opinions and suggestions perfectly. They never made me feel like a question was silly or that my fifth phone call of the day was bothering them!!!! Bill, Brian, Sherry and Kathy were the people who made our wedding the success it was. The day of the wedding - they were so calming and when I needed them they were right there!!!! The venue looked gorgeous, both the ceremony area and the reception room - if you want a WOW factor when guest arrive - Glen Oaks will give you that.
    Also, I can not tell you how many complements we received about the politeness and overall demeanor of the waiters, waitresses and bartenders were! Everyone was so impressed!!!! This venue and this staff is top notch, I promise you you will not be sorry if you choose Glen Oaks, from the first meeting to the lights coming on at the end of the best day - they are awesome!!!!!!!!
    Ally Married on 09/10/2016
    We loved Glen Oaks for our September 2016 wedding. They are so kind and easy to work with. The food is amazing, the hall looks great, and the grounds are fantastic for pictures. Bill was always available when we had questions, or wanted to see the hall again. Everything about them was professional and the appointments I had with them were my favorite to go to because they were all so nice. I would suggest this venue for any occasion.
    Hailey Married on 07/02/2016
    Bill and his team could not have been better to work with. The food and service were exceptional and we continue receiving compliments from family and friends. We would use Glen Oaks again in a heartbeat.
  • User1696693 2+ years ago
    Very professional services and beautiful venue at an affordable price!
    Mary Married on 09/21/2013
    We were absolutely happy with Glen Oaks. We has both the shower (club room) and the reception there. Bill, Kathy and the entire staff were wonderful. The food which our guests are still talking about was amazing. Thanks again to the staff of Glen Oaks.
  • User1271853 2+ years ago
    Amazing job done by the entire staff at Glen Oaks. From the first time we met through the last moments of our wedding day, they went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. Can't recommend them enough. Great staff, nice facility, and amazing food!!!
    Gina Married on 05/11/2013
    Could not have been more impressed with the venue and its staff!! They went out of their way to make our wedding special, especially Kathy. The food was incredible, and everyone who attended was very impressed by the food and the bar. It was beginning to rain and our ceremony was set for outside, so they set up an area inside as well. Luckily we had the ceremony outside in their gorgeous garden, but they were so quick with inside setup/takedown. I have also attended many weddings here and have been impressed every time.
  • User912484 2+ years ago
    Everything was beyond perfect. We had our ceremony and reception here, awesome! Everyone raved about how awesome the food was!! They are still talking about it today, "best food they have ever had at a wedding before!" All the staff was so helpful, patient and amazing through the whole process!
    Abby Married on 11/07/2009
    Glen Oaks was wonderful - they did everything I asked of them, to perfection - and the food was outstanding - I'm still getting compliments on the food.
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 08/15/2009
    We used Glen Oaks for our reception. The staff was very friendly and it was nice to have a manager overseeing the reception to keep things moving along. The food was very good (although, I hardly ate any because I wasn't hungry). I wish we could have tried food before we decided as I may have change a couple things that weren't completely my taste (I would have preferred a different salad dressing). All in all, the reception hall is very beautiful and everything ran smoothly. Our guests seemed to enjoy themselves thanks in part to the staff at Glen Oaks.
    Amanda Married on 08/15/2009
    All I can say is, amazing! The care and attention to detail that the staff at Glen Oaks paid to our wedding was beyond what we could have ever expected. They were great to work with and would LOVE the opportunity to work with them again in the future. What a beautiful place to spend your first moments as husband and wife at.
    Brittany Married on 05/16/2009
    Glen Oaks was great! We were very happy with everything! The food was awsome :)
    Jennica Married on 08/26/2007
    Excellent FOOD!
    They only have 1 wedding at a time!
    Extremely affordable (cost "partially subsidized" by Oakland County in Michigan - venue owned by Oakland County)
    Beautiful outside ceremony ( green grass with white chairs provided!!!)
    Natalie Married on 05/12/2007
    This was a beautiful place to have a wedding, the staff was Top notch and the food was amazing. They helped me to customize a menu to fit our wedding theme. The dessert table was by far the best around! You will never see a dessert table like this anywhere again! The chefs are amazing. The hall was completely transformed to customize what i wanted my wedding to look like and the hall had no issues with the decorations at all. They have a beautiful outdoor area as well with large balcony for guests who need a little fresh air. You can also rent a pand for the patio as well during appetizers. Although we had our wedding in a church, Glen oaks has a beautiful outdoor garden for wedding ceremonies as well.
    Emily Married on 08/12/2011
    I really cannot say enough positive things about our experience having our wedding in August 2011 at Glen Oaks. From the very first time we looked at the venue, we were impressed with the variety of dining options, wonderful customer service, and well-kept look of the indoor and outdoor space.

Planning a wedding from out of state, it was an easy choice to decide to work with the Glen Oaks team, as we knew they would be responsive, helpful, and attentive to detail. Throughout our wedding planning process and the week of, the Glen Oaks team answered many of my questions via phone and email, and made me feel like they were truly on our team and looking for ways to help us at every turn. I did not feel any need to hire a separate wedding planner / day of coordinator because of the amazing level of service they provided. I got to know 3 of their team members and all were good communicators, energetic, and gave us many good suggestions along the way.

We had our ceremony outdoors in the lovely walled-off, nicely landscaped area, then moved everyone indoors for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. We had multiple guests compliment how well they handled the “flow” of people from one space to the next, which can be a challenge from other weddings I’ve attended.

Now the food…we opted for the buffet and WOW was I impressed. It was huge, way beyond my expectations for number of choices, salads, etc. The quality was also great. We had several guests come up and tell us how good they thought the food was. I figured as long as the food was decent, we’d be happy, but again they completely exceeded my expectations in terms of how fresh and tasty everything was.

The ONLY thing I would have changed was that we sort of forgot to do the sparkler send off at the end (somehow fell through the cracks), and we ended up having to hang around longer than we wanted to. In the grand scheme, this was so minor and really a non issue.