Glen Oaks C.C. Reviews

24 | Farmington, MI

24 Reviews for Glen Oaks C.C.

Glen Oaks C.C. 1
Glen Oaks C.C. 2
Glen Oaks C.C. 3
Glen Oaks C.C. 4
Glen Oaks C.C. 5
  • Danielle

Danielle Richards · Married on 10/20/2018

Ceremony & Reception site

The staff and Glen Oaks are absolutely fantastic! They were so accommodating, understanding, flexible, and helped our wedding day go off without a hitch! The food was so delicious and there was so much of it! Highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Glen Oaks C.C. 6
    Glen Oaks C.C. 7
    Glen Oaks C.C. 8
    Glen Oaks C.C. 9
    Glen Oaks C.C. 10

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2018

Amazing experience! We just got married 2 days ago at Glen Oaks and had a blast. We had our ceremony outdoors, which was beautiful! We thought we were going to have to change it to be indoors since it rained that day in Farmington Hills. But it ended up raining everywhere else but at Glen Oaks. The reception was also at Glen Oaks and I could NOT have asked for any better service! The whole event went so smoothly and ran so well. All the guests could not stop raving about the food and service (and the drinks too!).

Kathleen · Married on 10/13/2017

I would definitely recommend this venue. Bill, Brian and Kathy were superb. Prior to the event they were very helpful and would get back to us very quickly regarding any questions. Bill meet me there prior to wedding Day so I could do some checking on decorating. Kathy was very calming during the event and so helpful. Brian was right there when something came up and took care of our needs quickly and efficiently.

The one thing I truly loved was the atmosphere and and the beauty of this venue.

Joelle · Married on 09/29/2017

There is not a better, nicer, more professional working team then at Glen Oaks!!!! We were the first on both sides of the families to throw a wedding - so the nerves and questions were flying at the start of this process. They took and answered every phone call (at least 15) so politely, and gave both their opinions and suggestions perfectly. They never made me feel like a question was silly or that my fifth phone call of the day was bothering them!!!! Bill, Brian, Sherry and Kathy were the people who made our wedding the success it was. The day of the wedding - they were so calming and when I needed them they were right there!!!! The venue looked gorgeous, both the ceremony area and the reception room - if you want a WOW factor when guest arrive - Glen Oaks will give you that.
    Also, I can not tell you how many complements we received about the politeness and overall demeanor of the waiters, waitresses and bartenders were! Everyone was so impressed!!!! This venue and this staff is top notch, I promise you you will not be sorry if you choose Glen Oaks, from the first meeting to the lights coming on at the end of the best day - they are awesome!!!!!!!!

Ally · Married on 09/10/2016

We loved Glen Oaks for our September 2016 wedding. They are so kind and easy to work with. The food is amazing, the hall looks great, and the grounds are fantastic for pictures. Bill was always available when we had questions, or wanted to see the hall again. Everything about them was professional and the appointments I had with them were my favorite to go to because they were all so nice. I would suggest this venue for any occasion.

Hailey · Married on 07/02/2016

Bill and his team could not have been better to work with. The food and service were exceptional and we continue receiving compliments from family and friends. We would use Glen Oaks again in a heartbeat.

Very professional services and beautiful venue at an affordable price!

Amazing job done by the entire staff at Glen Oaks. From the first time we met through the last moments of our wedding day, they went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. Can't recommend them enough. Great staff, nice facility, and amazing food!!!

Gina · Married on 05/11/2013

Could not have been more impressed with the venue and its staff!! They went out of their way to make our wedding special, especially Kathy. The food was incredible, and everyone who attended was very impressed by the food and the bar. It was beginning to rain and our ceremony was set for outside, so they set up an area inside as well. Luckily we had the ceremony outside in their gorgeous garden, but they were so quick with inside setup/takedown. I have also attended many weddings here and have been impressed every time.

Everything was beyond perfect. We had our ceremony and reception here, awesome! Everyone raved about how awesome the food was!! They are still talking about it today, "best food they have ever had at a wedding before!" All the staff was so helpful, patient and amazing through the whole process!

Abby · Married on 11/07/2009

Glen Oaks was wonderful - they did everything I asked of them, to perfection - and the food was outstanding - I'm still getting compliments on the food.

• Kate

Kate · Married on 08/15/2009

We used Glen Oaks for our reception. The staff was very friendly and it was nice to have a manager overseeing the reception to keep things moving along. The food was very good (although, I hardly ate any because I wasn't hungry). I wish we could have tried food before we decided as I may have change a couple things that weren't completely my taste (I would have preferred a different salad dressing). All in all, the reception hall is very beautiful and everything ran smoothly. Our guests seemed to enjoy themselves thanks in part to the staff at Glen Oaks.

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2009

All I can say is, amazing! The care and attention to detail that the staff at Glen Oaks paid to our wedding was beyond what we could have ever expected. They were great to work with and would LOVE the opportunity to work with them again in the future. What a beautiful place to spend your first moments as husband and wife at.

Brittany · Married on 05/16/2009

Glen Oaks was great! We were very happy with everything! The food was awsome :)

Jennica · Married on 08/26/2007

Excellent FOOD!
    They only have 1 wedding at a time!
    Extremely affordable (cost "partially subsidized" by Oakland County in Michigan - venue owned by Oakland County)
    Beautiful outside ceremony ( green grass with white chairs provided!!!)

Natalie · Married on 05/12/2007

This was a beautiful place to have a wedding, the staff was Top notch and the food was amazing. They helped me to customize a menu to fit our wedding theme. The dessert table was by far the best around! You will never see a dessert table like this anywhere again! The chefs are amazing. The hall was completely transformed to customize what i wanted my wedding to look like and the hall had no issues with the decorations at all. They have a beautiful outdoor area as well with large balcony for guests who need a little fresh air. You can also rent a pand for the patio as well during appetizers. Although we had our wedding in a church, Glen oaks has a beautiful outdoor garden for wedding ceremonies as well.

Emily · Married on 08/12/2011

I really cannot say enough positive things about our experience having our wedding in August 2011 at Glen Oaks. From the very first time we looked at the venue, we were impressed with the variety of dining options, wonderful customer service, and well-kept look of the indoor and outdoor space.

Planning a wedding from out of state, it was an easy choice to decide to work with the Glen Oaks team, as we knew they would be responsive, helpful, and attentive to detail. Throughout our wedding planning process and the week of, the Glen Oaks team answered many of my questions via phone and email, and made me feel like they were truly on our team and looking for ways to help us at every turn. I did not feel any need to hire a separate wedding planner / day of coordinator because of the amazing level of service they provided. I got to know 3 of their team members and all were good communicators, energetic, and gave us many good suggestions along the way.

We had our ceremony outdoors in the lovely walled-off, nicely landscaped area, then moved everyone indoors for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. We had multiple guests compliment how well they handled the “flow” of people from one space to the next, which can be a challenge from other weddings I’ve attended.

Now the food…we opted for the buffet and WOW was I impressed. It was huge, way beyond my expectations for number of choices, salads, etc. The quality was also great. We had several guests come up and tell us how good they thought the food was. I figured as long as the food was decent, we’d be happy, but again they completely exceeded my expectations in terms of how fresh and tasty everything was.

The ONLY thing I would have changed was that we sort of forgot to do the sparkler send off at the end (somehow fell through the cracks), and we ended up having to hang around longer than we wanted to. In the grand scheme, this was so minor and really a non issue.

L · Married on 11/30/2010

Glen Oaks was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding reception. Definitely worth the expense. The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful in the time prior to and on the day of the wedding. The entire staff was welcoming and willing to help in whatever way possible. Tanya did an excellent job helping us with some last minute linen changes. The food was delicious and plentiful. We had many compliments on the meal and the location.

Meredith · Married on 09/01/2012

We chose Glen Oaks after fighting for several months between the two families. It always seemed that a venue had something that made someone mad. Too far away, too expensive, no catering available, etc. Glen Oaks solved all our problems!

We had an outdoor wedding in their garden, but wanted to have a good backup plan that wasn't far away. The inside of the dining room, with it's huge windows and soaring ceiling, was an ideal plan B! Our 200 projected (150 in the end) guests fit ideally in the garden space and in the dining room. The landscaping was so beautiful, even in September, that we didn't even end up putting any decorations outside.

The dining room was breathtaking, especially as the sun set. The wrap around deck provided lots of mingling space on what ended up being a balmy night, and made the large amount of smokers very happy! The dance floor was in a separate space, so we didn't have to fool with folding tables when it came to dancing, either. The bar was enormous and made of beautiful wood, and provided space for people to mingle there, too.

Perhaps the best part of the venue was the food. The buffet was set up in a side room, so no banging or distraction as the food was set up and taken down. The salad bar area must have had 20 different kinds of pasta salads in addition to our main course choices. There was SO MUCH FOOD. I'm still getting comments about the food. Even though we weren't allowed to sample beforehand, everything was perfect. The dessert bar probably had 30-40 different desserts, and everyone raved about that too. Nobody was hungry by the time the midnight snack came! Even picky vegetarians were stuffed!

The venue coordinator (Karen I think?) was around so frequently, my photographer thought she was a relative! They made several exceptions for us, and even brought appetizers up to the dressing room during the cocktail hour so we could get a bite before our big entrance. 100% recommended!!

M · Married on 03/30/2011

Our wedding day at Glen Oaks could not have been more perfect. The food was incredible, you really can not find better food. We did the buffet, which is INCREDIBLE! The buffet is a mile long so our guests had many many options. Their food does not at all taste like standard wedding food, it's fresh and more gourmet which is what I was looking for. I have been to a few weddings at the Oak Management properties and every single meal has been incredible. They perfectly handled all of my details of the reception such as setting up all of my random items like cake table, table cards, any random decorations I had (outside of the flowers of course). I didn't even need a day of planner because they were so helpful! Our day could not have gone so smoothly without them! Picking Glen Oaks for our reception was the best decision ever!

Tera · Married on 05/29/2010

Glen Oaks was amazing!!! The hall is pretty expensive but I have heard nothing but positive feedback about the ambiance and especially the food so it is well worth it! Every time I called, the staff member was able to answer my questions very easily. Even when there was another event booked during the day part of our wedding day, the staff was able to give us a room for the bridal party to get ready and use all day which was great! Thanks so much, Glen Oaks, we had an amazing day!

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

3.5

Glen Oaks did an amazing job with our wedding! We had our ceremony in the outdoor space and our reception inside.

Planning Process: GO was quick to answer any questions or concerns we had through the planning process. They sent us pictures of things we asked for which was helpful when getting decorations and such together. They worked with us on having a beef or chicken option (rather than both which was standard). They asked that we put together directions as to where I want decorations set up and they did everything exactly how I wanted it! As far as the bar, we had a premiere bar. However we did ask if they could purchase Fireball--a crowd favorite! And the Fireball was being poured all night long!

Ceremony: The ceremony space was beautiful. There were many flowers planted which was gorgeous for pictures. Our wedding was a very hot day. Luckily GO let us bring in water for the guests. GO put it in coolers of ice which the guests really appreciated.

Dinner: Everyone could not stop talking about how great the food was! We did two hot appetizers with cheese, crackers, fruits, and veggies. In addition we had a chicken/ beef option for dinnre. As far as the late night snack we had soft pretzels and some cookies and brownies (for my husbands sweet tooth). I am a popcorn addict and GO let me bring in all the popcorn we wanted.
    The staff was very tentative to our needs. The food seemed to get out in a timely manner which is always important for party flow. Everyone raved about how good the food was! My only thing I wished was that they had a waiter designated to the bridal party. We had to ask random friends and family walking by if they could grab us a drink so we could eat quick!
    The bar tenders worked their butts off! Everyone was drinking all night and they did a great job keeping our guests "hydrated."

Overall- GO did an amazing job!! I would not have changed anything!!

Susan · Married on 04/22/2012

Glen Oaks Golf Course's club house is a beautiful venue. The food was excellent. Many of our guests remarked that they had never had such great food at a catered wedding. The dessert bar was a big hit, especially since the staff was so helpful with packing up the leftovers for our guests to take home.