The Mansion at Glen Cove Reviews

The Mansion at Glen Cove 2
The Mansion at Glen Cove 3
  • FutureMrsFrench

MaryAnn · Married on 11/10/2017

Everything went really really well with The Glen Cove Mansion! We worked with Dina Semprini and she did a great job answering all of our emails, phone calls etc. Working with her was such a pleasant experience!! They were great at setting up our decorations that we brought, used judgement to move some things to make it a perfect day and worked really well with our DOC. It was an unexpected really coldly (29*F) so our maitre D Nick turned on the fire places for us to really warm up the place. Nick was incredible from start to finish and I absolutely LOVED working with him, Kayla our bridal attendant went above and beyond all night- she even boxed up all of our decor and placed it in our sweet and decorated our room before we arrived so we had nothing to worry about. The food was absolutely incredible as was the cocktail hour, it was just slightly cramped but other than that- no complaints. The team was incredible. Dina, Nick and Kayla were the absolute best!!

Sent on 11/25/2017
    The Mansion at Glen Cove 4
    The Mansion at Glen Cove 5
    The Mansion at Glen Cove 6

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I got married at the Glen Cove Mansion over Labor Day weekend and we only have amazing things to say. First of all, we worked primarily with Johanne Crawford throughout our engagement to go over the contract, our wishes, and all details along the way. She is extremely responsive, detail-oriented, and calming through this whole process! The venue was exactly what we were looking for – mansion/”traditional” style, one wedding at a time, outside ceremony, beautiful ballroom, etc. etc. with a hotel on site. On the day of the wedding, we had Nick as our Maitre D’ and I had Kayla as my bridal attendant. They, too, were professional, organized, so sweet, and honestly just fun people to be around. Our guests stayed at the mansion, and we also had our afterparty upstairs in the pub and our brunch in the ballroom the next day. We had nothing but a positive experience throughout all of the planning with Johanne and the venue, overall, and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Mary · Married on 08/11/2017

I got married there on 8-11-17. I worked with Dina. She was the absolute best. Every phone and every email was responded to immediately. Everything at our wedding was done to perfection. We also had our dinner rehearsal there the night before. Nick was out Maitre D on both nights. He was great to work with as well.
    All our guest told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Food was excellent! I would highly recommend Dina and Nick and the Mansion to anyone looking to get married.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Andrea · Married on 07/03/2016

Dream Wedding!!! My husband and I got married at the Mansion on July 3, 2016 and it could not have been more wonderful. The Mansion and grounds are so spectacular, especially in the spring and summer when all the flowers are in full bloom. We also had the bonus of being one of the first weddings following the remodeling of the ballroom. When we first booked, we were told a new carpet was being installed. However, we were extremely pleasantly surprised to learn that not only was a new (much nicer) carpet put in, but the whole ball room got a face-lift, along with a revamping of the entire entryway and cocktail hour room. New marble floors, chandeliers, drapes, paint, and hall furniture were installed. Although we thought it was beautiful when we booked, we were blown away by how gorgeous and elegant the place was after the remodel.

Our wedding planner was Dina Semprini, who was amazing throughout the whole process. She was very quick to respond to any questions and always tried to work on ways of accommodating any request. She was wonderful to work with and I was honestly a little sad not to speak to her again once the big day was over!

The day of the wedding was incredibly smooth. We had the huge bridal suite to ourselves the entire day for the bridal party to get ready and they even arranged lunch for all the girls. The actual wedding flowed perfectly and was very well organized. The food was delicious and there was plenty of room on the dance floor for people to dance all night long. In addition, the Mansion provided a bridal attendant, Sheila, who was the best! She stayed with me the whole night to make sure I was comfortable, fed, and hydrated. She even fluffed my dress to make sure it looked perfect in all the photos. Our Maitre D' was Shaniqua, who also did a wonderful job making sure everything was well organized and running on time.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Emily · Married on 05/20/2016

I just recently got married this past May and had the best experience. 6 months before the wedding, my husband and I decided to change venues. It was a stressful process, but once we met with Johanne and saw the venue we knew we would be okay! And we were MUCH MORE than okay! Unfortunately, we lost our $5,000 deposit, but changing to this venue from our old one actually was worth it. Johanne accommodated all our needs and wants for this wedding. I had manyyyy questions that she was able to answer immediately and patiently. I could not have had a better sales coordinator to work with. The days leading up to the wedding are always hectic and stressful..however the workers at the mansion made it so easy. They literally took all my stuff and knew what to do with it. I didnt have to worry at all. The bridal suite at the mansion was BEAUTIFUL and spacious. I got the most amazing pictures there. My bridal assistant Sheila was so sweet and helpful. She was really there for us throughout the whole day even after the wedding. Melissa my Maitre D and Johanne organized the entire wedding SO nicely. Both of them stayed til the very end and made sure everything was perfect..and it really was!! I had an outdoor ceremony and it couldnt have been more beautiful..I loved all the greenery and you could see the LI sound from afar. The ballroom was just redone and I have to say it is SO much nicer than it used to be. All the food was amazing. Everyone raved about the food at the cocktail hour and even the dinner! My cake was delicious as well! They give you the option to have alternating layers of different flavors which I loved. Book your wedding here!! You will have the most unbelievable and pleasant experience...I promise!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Cathy · Married on 06/13/2015

Johanne at the Gken Cove Mansion was our life saver!! She was warm, responsive and always knew the right choices concerning our amazing wedding! The mansion was beyond perfect for us and all our guests as it provides a gorgeous backdrop and the amenities were perfect!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 12/06/2014

Dina was amazing! Very helpful from beginning to end. The mansion offers so much for a great price! The food was great and plenty of options. The staff was very attentive, professional and helpful. Every step of the way someone was there to help.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jaime · Married on 12/07/2013

First off, if you have never been to Glen Cove Mansion its a must see - its so beautiful! Its an old gold coast Mansion where the pictures alone will make you fall in love with it. I had my December 7, 2013 wedding there and upon arrival all my guests were amazed at the beauty of it. Johanne was my catering contact there and from the day I signed the contract to the day of the wedding she was so responsive, patient and professional that I was sad when my wedding was over! She was there on my wedding date and the day after at my Sunday football brunch that I had at the pub 1910 on site for my wedding guests that stayed the night (yes, they have a hotel on site so super awesome for all your out of town guests!). The food and signature drink were amazing, all the details I had laid out for them (and I had a lot!) were done to perfection. The night was unforgettable and I can not thank Johanne and Glen Cove Mansion enough for the memorable and most Amazing night of my life! I can not wait to spend my one year anniversary there :)

Sent on 01/11/2014

nicki · Married on 07/06/2013

Our wedding festivities were all held at the Glen Cove Mansion -- from rehearsal dinner and party, to our ceremony, and reception. Adam was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process and was there the entire weekend to make sure everything went without a hitch. Shaniqua and Brea were wonderful and both ladies helped to keep everything running smooth. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding, and have had so many compliments from our wedding guests regarding the food. Thank you to everyone at the Mansion for a spectacular time! :)

Sent on 07/09/2013

Lindsay · Married on 06/29/2013

We love Dina and Melissa!!! We just recently had our wedding at the Glen Cove Mansion. Everything was amazing! I think I tortured Dina a little by asking a million questions and by bring in over 200 candles along with many other personalized items. She never made me feel like I was a bridezilla or at all crazy and totally brought my dream to life. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at Glen Cove and I wouldn't have done it any other way!!

The rehearsal dinner is a BBQ on the back patio. It was so laid back with so much space for people to move around. My sister was pregnant and had to go back to the room which was a minute walk from the dinner location. She needed milk for her daughter and Melissa (our maitre d') went inside got milk, heated it up, and offered to walk it back to her room for her! I am so incredibly thankful for having such a wonderful and helpful person be part of our special day!

Moving on to our wedding day- everything was amazing! AMAZING!! We got ready in the bridal suite in the mansion. Whenever we needed anything at all- it was provided for us (I'm not joking- we asked for a refrigerator). Our ceremony space was set up beautifully. Our officiant broke her ankle the week before our wedding and Dina came up with a solution to accommodate our officiant (who needed to sit and have a table to lend on) but kept it looking formal and gorgeous!

All of our guests raved about the food and service during the cocktail hour and reception! The food really is amazing! The bar room is great for people who don't love to dance (mostly husbands while their wives dance) and there was never a wait for a drink.

When we first started looking for a venue, my sister said pick a place you love but also pick someone you can work with for a whole year. We absolutely LOVED working with Dina and cannot say enough great words about our experience at the mansion. I wish I could do it again this month haha.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Excellent place to get married- food, staff and mansion were amazing! We had the perfect day, and had surprises waiting for us in our suite on our wedding night. Highly recommend Glen Cove Mansion!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Eric · Married on 09/30/2012

extremely customizable venue. Dina was the best planner one could hopeful. She was energetic, friendly, patient, and detail oriented. Everything went exactly as how we planned it.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/30/2010

My husband and I fell in love with this place immedietely. We worked very close with Johanne and we could not have been more pleased. She was such a pleasure working with. She helped us with anything we needed. Even when we would just pop up she was always smilling and more then happy to help us. All of mu guests loved the food, cocktail hour was fantastic, the appetizers and venetian hour were incredible. We gave them candles and things to set up and they did an awesome job of making my idea look amazing. I loved that they had the hotel attached for the guests and out of town guests to stay. We had such a great time there and can not wait to go back for our year anniversary!

Sent on 02/25/2011
  • Evan

Evan · Married on 09/02/2018

Wedding of our Dreams!

We got married at Glen Cove Mansion over Labor Day weekend and had the wedding of our dreams! Johanne was great throughout our end to end process from setting up the contract to helping make sure all the details were to our liking. She was very responsive, detail-oriented, and helpful throughout the process. The venue was exactly what we were looking for – beautiful venue, one wedding at a time, outside ceremony, beautiful ballroom, with a hotel on site - a true end to end experience for us and our guests. Our guests stayed at The Mansion, and we also had our after party upstairs in the pub and our brunch in the ballroom the next day. We had a very positive overall experience, but we had some hiccups with the room block/booking for our guests (booking on the block through The Mansion's website would have been helpful and saved some headaches) and we had a some logistical hiccups such as some guests (including the bride's parents) not receiving their welcome bags. Overall, an extremely positive experience throughout all of the planning and with the venue overall. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • User4843630 · event on 05/23/2015

Beautiful location in historic Glen Cove. This was part of the Pratt estate. It's stunning.

Sent on 03/03/2015

kelly · Married on 08/25/2012

Overall I am really happy with this location. We loved the decor and ambiance and the food. Dina was our planner/contact there and she was amazing. Always responsive and answered our questions

Day of wedding highlights:
    - Cocktail hour our was amazing - lots of food and drinks and people are still talking about it.
    No complaints that I heard about waiting for a drink, which was a big fear.
    - Dia made sure all the small decorations I had were all put out
    - They made us margaritas on rocks for the entry drink, and they were strong

Small gripes
    When we arrived we had small window for picture taking and the ugliest grey car was just sitting in the front circle. Apparently he was checking in and refused to move it for 15 mins, grrr.
    Nicer bathrooms are farther fron reception so I wish I put a sign out bc I feel like nobody went to farther ones and single ones were a little gross by end
    We had bags at checkin but made each one for one person, but they only gave one per room. We should've made bags have more for the rooms that all had 2-4 people or made sure they were.given 2 min per room.
    We were taking pics in front area and these lazy and annoying other guests refused to move.

Mostly everything was perfect though. We had so much fun and food was great. The only thing to note when budgeting or deciding is that there is a 20% facility fee and the lovely ny 8.675% tax added on. When we first reviewed contract it said 20% service fee, they changed it to facility fee in final bill. Probably because service fee sounds like gratuity, which I assumed. But its not, the 20% is essentially a site fee hidden at end instead of upfront. We had to find budget for additional tips at end. There is planner, captain, matre d, bridal attendant, bartenders, and 16 waiters

Sent on 09/16/2012

3.5

Glen Cove Mansion was a great venue for our wedding last March. Dina was great to work with and Melissa (our maitre d) was phenomenal. I was extremely meticulous with how I wanted the room to look and how I wanted everything to go that night...but Dina and Melissa had it fully under control. They were extremely flexible and organized everything to run smoothly (dealing w outside vendors - photo booth, chairs, florist, etc). They even allowed us to bring in our own desserts and set it up as a beautiful dessert table. Overall, I would absolutely recommend the glen cove mansion. My husband and I look forwarding to celebrating our 1 year anniversary there this year (they give you a voucher for a free room on your 1 yr anniversary).

Sent on 01/28/2013

3.5

Beautiful hotel, gave us a great wedding night rate.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Denise · Married on 08/31/2018

3.4
      1.5
      3.5

7/10 – Glen Cove is stunning, but I ran into so many problems. First, my contract specifically stated that I was to be put in a newly renovated 1-bedroom suite contingent upon me booking my room block there. Of course, what type of room do I walk into? Not a renovated one. That took an hour to solve and then the room wasn’t going to be ready until after 4pm since they had to clean it. Ok..next problem was they didn’t read the list I gave them for the guest bags. I had one guest not receive their bag, and one not receive the correct one that was made gluten free just for her. However, Pratt’s bar was amazing and the after party went until 2am! Also the brunch the next day was amazing! They are very difficult to get into contact with throughout the wedding planning too

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah Mansouri · Married on 10/06/2018

3.2
      3.0
      2.0

Ended up being great, hard planning process

We used the Glen Cove Mansion for a few events during our wedding weekend in October, including a hotel block for about 100 out-of-town guests, an after-party at Pratt's and a Sunday brunch. Let me say that everything turned out perfectly. Everyone had a room, the after-party was great and brunch was incredible! Peiting Wu, our coordination, was the BEST!!! If you are planning anything at the Glen Cove mansion use her 100%. She gets 6 out of 5 stars!

Honest note for all brides/grooms: Before we met with Peiting, things were very stressful and disorganized at the Glen Cove Mansion. We started with a coordinator who ended up leaving a few months before our wedding. She did not pass along our information and there ended up being a lot of misunderstandings. Lessons learned 1) use Peiting because she is the best and 2) make sure you stay organized, receive written proof of anything scheduled and ask A LOT of questions. Also, a lot of the rooms are not renovated, so make sure quests are aware of what rooms they are booking if you have more picky guests. Lastly, there are often multiple weddings in the hotel at the same time- so something to consider!

But, overall, we do not have one regret using the Glen Cove Mansion for a hotel block and other events. It turned out perfect and we are very thankful!

Sent on 01/12/2019

2.2
      3.0
      1.0
      0.5
      2.0

When you first drive up, you will see this is a beautiful venue. The outside and entrance is truly beautiful and their Cocktail room was breathtaking. The actual ballroom was EXTREMELY outdated and faced a Brick building. Additionally-- everything we wanted was an add on and they were not flexible at all.

Sent on 08/16/2014