Glastonbury Hills Country Club Reviews

32 | South Glastonbury, CT

32 Reviews for Glastonbury Hills Country Club

Jolene · Married on 12/13/2018

Frank and Jackie were extremely helpful. The reception went incredibly smoothly and without a problem! The food was delicious, and it was beautiful! I have received many compliments on the reception. Definitely a great value for the price!!

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Glastonbury Hills Country Club was absolutely fantastic! The planning process was stress free and so easy as Frank, Jackie and Allison were so attentive to my every request. Frank was so accommodating when it came to letting us visit the venue, answering phone calls and emails. Our wedding day could not have run any smoother and that is all thanks to Allison. She helped decorate the venue and truly was able to capture my vision with the little direction I gave her. She kept us on schedule and had a wonderful sense of humor which helped ease the nerves a bit. The head server, Donna, was also wonderful. She made sure my husband and I ate and even helped hold my train when I walked down the aisle. We are still receiving rave reviews on the food as it was great, not your typical wedding food. GHCC was a perfect venue for our special day and I would HIGHLY suggest using them for your next event!

Christine · Married on 08/11/2018

GHCC was OUTSTANDING! They were so helpful throughout the planning process. Frank answered all of my emails so fast which was incredibly helpful. They were accommodating to all the decor that we wanted to bring in. On our wedding day, Allison was great at keeping us on schedule and making sure we ate! The food was amazing. GHCC even made a sangria per my request for my "specialty drink". My only concern was that when we first met with them, they said they'd help get us the beer we wanted, but when it got closer to our wedding day we had to get the beer ourselves. However, I would definitely HIGHLY recommend GHCC for any special event.

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

My experience with Galstonbruy Hills Country Club was amazing! I was a bride who was planning my wedding from far away and they made everything so very easy. The day itself was effortless on my part. Everything and everyone was taken care of which was more then I could have possible asked for. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for anything!

James · Married on 10/14/2017

Awesome event. The Glastonbury Hills staff was great and responsive to all our needs!

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2017

I highly recommend Glastonbury Hills County Club for any event/function you may be having. We just had our wedding there and they were wonderful. Frank, Jackie and Allison were great to work with. We worked with Allison the night of the wedding and she was amazing, she is truly great at her job. Donna the head waitress for us was also great! Everyone made us feel so warm and welcome. I made numerous phone calls and emails leading up to the wedding and they were quick to respond and so helpful. I can not think of one complaint! The venue is newly remodeled and beautiful!

Tamra · Married on 08/18/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Frank, Allison and Jackie. All three went above and beyond to make our day special. Not only did they work with us when we had to up our wedding by a full year due to a family illness but they also took care of our family the day of the wedding and have not only my husband and I VIP treatment but also our families. The venue is gorgeous and the food was absolutely delicious. The country setting along with the fabulous people at GHCC make this a no brained.

Samantha · Married on 07/31/2015

If you are looking for a classy, sophisticated, venue with gorgeous scenic views look no further and reserve GHCC. Once we visited GHCC and saw the beautiful views, open seating layout, and met with the friendly staff we knew we had found our venue of choice. And I cannot forget, GHCC also was reasonably priced and within our budget. We had 200 guests at our wedding reception and everyone fit comfortably at their tables. The owner Frank went above and beyond in accommodating our guests and all of the details for the big day (including my Italian family and their traditions). We met with Frank and Allison who walked us through all of the details of the wedding reception from table linens, to food and centerpieces. We actually ended up using GHCC’s centerpieces. We also attended a food tasting (which was awesome – the food was ALL great, it was so hard to narrow down our reception menu). The week of the wedding I dropped off our favors, and any other small decorations we had wanted to include on our special day. Allison took the time to go through where we had wanted everything placed. Our wedding was AMAZING, and we owe a HUGE thank you to everyone at GHCC. Our wedding went so smoothly; it was an absolutely perfect day. We got married at a church down the street, and then came to GHCC for our photos as our guests went to cocktail hour. While getting photos done Allison and Donna took care of us and the bridal party with drinks and Hors d'oeuvres. My husband and I are so glad we had our wedding at GHCC and have so many great things to say about the staff, food, and venue itself. Our guests were thrilled with the venue, food, and staff as well!

Jenna · Married on 12/07/2013

Frank, Jackie and their staff provided us with the wedding of our dreams. They were super helpful, flexible and catered to our every need. They were easy to work with from start to finish and extremely responsive throughout the planning process. Their staff was excellent and the food was excellent as well. Also, GHCC is a great value for the product they provide. They have a beautiful space and excellent food and beverage packages to pick from. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to get married in the central Connecticut area!!

Maegan · Married on 09/01/2013

After getting married in Jamaica, my husband and I knew we still had to throw one hell of a party for our friends and family. I will never regret our decision to have our reception at Glastonbury Hills Country Club. Upon first visit and seeing the beautiful wall of windows and view of the golf course we were sold. Then, we attended a bridal show in order to taste the food. The comprehensiveness of their options, how the food tasted and the wonderful service from Frank and staff sold us on booking the venue.

The wonderful service only got better. They were there via phone or email anytime we needed. We dropped of favors, table decor etc days early, and worked with them to perfect our vision. We spent time there getting things ready as well, working on the little tedious things (like beach chair place cards). When we arrived to the hall the night of our reception, I was amazed. We were greeted with our photographer and had drinks and appetizers brought to us outside while we were taking pictures. When we entered the room for the first time it was more beautiful than I had ever dreamed. Dinner was served promptly and tasted wonderfully. My husband and I did not have to worry about a thing all night. We were able to enjoy ourselves and our guests. When I see family and friends they continue to tell me how much fun they had at Glastonbury Hills Country Club.

Julie · Married on 07/19/2013

Glastonbury hills country club provided us with an amazing wedding night! Jackie was extremely helpful from day 1 and truly made our day run seamlessly. She was so professional and gave us great advice throughout the planning process and during our wedding day. Everyone else that was involved with our wedding was wonderful as well. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding!! Thank you glastonbury hills!!

Susan · Married on 07/13/2013

I could not have asked for a better place for my wedding, especially for such a great price! The staff was wonderful with the planning and service. The food was delicious. The view was gorgeous. My guests raved about what a great time they had. I also had several guests with food allergies/intolerances and they were very accommodating. I definitely recommend this venue.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2013

What initially drew us to Glastonbury Hills was the huge windows in the reception hall that overlooked the golf course and had amazing views. They were by far the most reasonably priced place we looked at which was also a big draw. We worked with both Jackie and Frank in the planning of our wedding and had great experiences with both. Whenever I had any questions they were quick to respond and were very accommodating. The day of our wedding everything went so smoothly. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Jackie and our waitress who promptly took our drink orders and while we were outside taking pictures we were served hors d'ouvres. The food was outstanding and everyone there was very diligent in making sure that we had everything we needed. They made us aware of when things were going to be happening (such as the cake cutting) to make sure that myself and my husband were both around and available for it, but they did so in a way that wasn't demanding. At the end of the night they send us home with our left over food and cake which was just as delicious the next night. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day, and we could go back in time and do it all over again, we'd definitely still pick Glastonbury Hills again!

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2012

I was recently married on November 4th 2012. I chose Glastonbury Hills Country club due to many reasons. Their location is very nice, the views that you get overlooking the golf course are beautiful. They are practically RIGHT off of the highway so even if you have a lot of people who don't live close it's still easy for them to find. They are able to accommodate ceremonies in either a separate room or outside, whichever you prefer. Furthermore, the room that they hold their receptions in is AMAZING. The floor to ceiling windows are perfect for a wedding during ANY season. Once I booked them I was VERY impressed with how responsive the people there were. Being a rather anal-retentive bride I found it very comforting that I could call either Frank or Jackie and they were both super responsive and ALWAYS had an answer. They helped me organize, decide and ultimately made the entire wedding go very smoothly. On the day of the rehearsal dinner I dropped off a large tote box filled with everything needed for the centerpieces. I briefly described how I wanted them to Jackie and she jotted notes down the entire time so that she wouldn't forget any detail. On the day of everything was PERFECT. The staff there was completely supportive and on their game (even brought food out for us while we were taking pictures!) , the tables were set up exactly how I wanted them, the service was flawless and I seriously could not have asked for a more organized and dedicated staff. I was so happy with the level of professionalism and dedication that Frank, Jackie and their staff exhibited that I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone who is looking for a place to host their reception, or any other function for that matter. In addition, the food was incredible. Everything was very consistent and they even provided my grandfather with a low sodium meal at no extra charge since he has had issues with his heart. I highly recommend this venue!

Deborah · Married on 08/13/2011

Excellent service and outstanding value. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. At the end of the evening the staff packed up everything and loaded it into the car. I did not expect such wonderful service.

• JDM1982

Jared · Married on 10/23/2010

The food was amazing, the service was great, and it was one of the most reasonably priced venues in Connecticut. I highly recommend the Glastonbury Hills Country club for an October wedding with the foliage in the background.

shannon · Married on 07/16/2010

Excellent service. Quick and flexible!

• julie

Yuletzi · Married on 07/24/2009

My husband and i were very happy with the service that frank and his staff provided. They were very helpful with the center pieces and making sure everything was in order. However, it would have been nice to be able to use more of the grounds for pictures. We strongly advise attending the open house.

julie

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2009

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the service GHCC provided. The even went off without any problems, the food was great and the place looked beautiful!

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2008

We were so pleased with everything at Glastonbury Hills. The wedding consultants, Jackie & Frank, were amazing. The weather was unpredictable and we wanted to get married outdoors. It rained up until about 1/2 before the ceremony start and although they set the reception room up for the ceremony were very accomodating when the sun came out and I decide I did in fact want the ceremony outside. They took care of all the items I had dropped off the week before and even the items we brought in the night before were nicely placed exactly where I requested. We did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Both Jackie & Frank saw to it that everything was exactly as I wanted it. Would strongly recommend this venue for a wedding or any special occasion.

Shawna · Married on 10/07/2007

This venue is set in beautiful location, you are in the hills of Glastonbury on a well landscaped golf course. The interior of the venue is spacious as well as provides with huge windows all around, allowing you to appreciate the scenery as well as providing with you with plenty of natural lighting which allows for great photos to be taken.

The staff was very impressive, from the coordinator, chefs, to the wait staff. They were all very attentive and made sure all guests were comfortable. The menu was also great in providing a variety of meals and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this location. I had approximately 200 guests and feel that this venue accomodated so many with ease.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2007

Glastonbury Hills Country Club's staff was amazing. They were attantive to our needs and helped in any way. I was able to bring center pieces, favors, and serving utensils for the cake the day before the wedding and they set everything up for me. Everything was so beautiful. On the day of the wedding, they made us feel like a King and Queen. Anything we needed or wanted they were right there to do. The view from the window in the reception hall was beautiful. I loved everything about it!

Marisa · Married on 09/23/2017

Glastonbury hills made our wedding day perfect and the food was amazing and the venue is beautiful!

kaitlyn · Married on 11/25/2017

We had our wedding ceremony and reception on November 25th at the GHCC and it was amazing!!! It is all newly renovated and the main room is just gorgeous. We had so many compliments all night and the week following on how classy and beautiful the venue was. Alison worked with us on the day of the wedding and I cannot compliment her enough on being so organized and thorough and making sure our day was perfect. I have a large family and she made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right times so I didn't have to worry. You are in good hands with Alison. Also Donna the head waitress was so great as well, letting us know each time she served us a meal so that we didn't let it get cold. Perfect 10 score for the GHCC!!

We had our wedding reception at Glastonbury Hills on May 31, 2014. Overall, it was a great experience. The food was delicious; our friends and family continue to rave about it. We worked closely with Frank and never met anyone else at the facility. We were very surprised on the day of our wedding when we learned that Eric was running our reception, not Frank. He did a fine job, but we wish we had met him previously! It was nice to have private service during dinner at the sweetheart table, but after that we, the bride and groom, had to get our own drinks and our waters weren't refilled. Everyone seemed to have a good time!