Girl Meets Cake Reviews

Girl Meets Cake 5
Girl Meets Cake 6
Girl Meets Cake 7
  • User5456872 ·

Misty was a delight to work with. The bride and groom picked out a combination of cake designs and flavors.
    The cake came out gorgeous! It was delicious as well! Misty is very accommodating.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! My most favorite thing to hear is that the cake was delicious & gorgeous - that is always my goal!! It was such a pleasure and I am so glad everyone was pleased.
  • Eunice

Eunice · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing cake!

I called around 20 cake places and Misty was by far the most responsive, enthusiastic, but most importantly - the cake was absolutely delicious! We had cake enough for 125 people and only 110 guests, and ALL of the cake was gone by the end of the wedding. The value of her cake is also the best you will find. She is fair with her prices (actually she's generous haha), cake tasting is so easy and great, and her flavor options are awesome. We had a vanilla cake for one tier, chocolate for tier 2 and 3, buttercream frosting, raspberry puree, and a buttercream outer frosting. All of our guests specifically came up to me to say how much they enjoyed the cake. 10000000% recommend. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Girl Meets Cake 14
  • Ginny

Virginia G Filer · Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious and perfect cake!

Not only were Misty's cake the most delicious cakes I ever tasted, it was absolutely beautiful! She even made a custom cake topper that I couldn't find anywhere and it was perfect. I had a last minute request to add some cupcakes and she was so easy and accommodating. I couldn't speak more highly of Misty and her delicious cakes! Absolutely perfect in every way!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Girl Meets Cake 15

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review Ginny! I am so glad that you loved your cake & cupcakes. I enjoyed making everything, especially the cute bunny toppers! ~Misty

Rita Sykes · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

Misty was amazing!!! the cake was beautiful and the flavors were amazing! Misty went above and beyond to make sure she delivery the cake of our dreams.

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Girl Meets Cake 16

Stacy · Married on 08/25/2018

I loved working with Misty at Girl Meets Cake. She took our ideas and helped us build them into something magical. On the wedding day, people were awed by our cakes, and they tasted great, too. I would love to use her again for other parties. She's not just a great baker - she's fun to talk to as well!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Girl Meets Cake 17
    Girl Meets Cake 18
    Girl Meets Cake 19

Maryann · Married on 05/19/2018

We went to Girl Meets Cake with some ideas for what we wanted, and Misty brought them together to finish the design to be better than we imagined. The tasting portions were very generous and really helped us in picking out a cake that was both delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thanks you so much Maryann! I appreciate your review so much!!

Dee-Dee · Married on 12/15/2017

Misty was referred to me by a friend and I am so glad that we found her. She is so talented!!! I was in a rushed situation and needed a cake for a retirement party. Misty only had a few days notice and she was as calm as could be. Unlike me who was going to lose it... Very, very easy to work and make the time schedule work. I was able to give her our Party theme and the colors and she immediately sent me some photo ideas. Misty knew exactly what we were needing. It was overwhelming for me to pick flavors so she did it and WOW....If you don't know what goes well together, let her pick them for you! It was the best cake that I really have ever had. It was moist, the frosting was so good and the attention to detail was amazing. She did a Double Chocolate Cake with Caramel Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting. It was wonderful. I would recommend Girl Meets Cake for any event. Her cake was the centerpiece of our table and it was just so pretty. Her prices are so reasonable and you get so much for your dollar. We will be back Girl Meets Cake.... Love the work you do....

Sent on 01/28/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Dee-Dee! I loved making the cake and am so glad that it was a hit.

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

I loved my wedding cake so much and the cost was very reasonable not to mention the cake was so delicious. Misty is the sweetest person I have ever met I will definitely go back if I need a cake for anything

Sent on 11/19/2017

Kirsten · Married on 11/04/2017

OMG is it amazing cake. Girl Meets Cake owner Misty made the entire process just perfect. My fiancé went into the tasting wanting only plain white cake and we walked away with something much different and just beautiful. We are not frosting people so we ordered a naked cake covered in fruit. We did two tiers of classic vanilla cake and one of double chocolate. Chocolate buttercream on the chocolate layer with a raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting on the vanilla cake – one strawberry filling and one blackberry filling. I honestly wish on the wedding day I had eaten more cake. It was just fantastic cake. Guests could not stop telling us how great the cake looked and tasted. I cannot wait for the need to purchase another cake from Girl Meets Cake – do we need to wait for our anniversary?

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Girl Meets Cake 20
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so glad we found the extremely talented Misty to make our wedding cake! She was very easy to work with and understood our vision to create the most beautiful 3-tiered semi-naked cake for us. It was also incredibly delicious! The bottom and top tiers were Lemon cake with Raspberry filling and Vanilla Buttercream, and the middle tier was Classic Vanilla cake with Strawberry filling and Lemon Buttercream - YUM! Misty also offers amazingly good value for money when compared to other cake vendors at her high level. I would strongly recommend her to any future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Girl Meets Cake 21

Linden · Married on 08/12/2017

Misty was an absolute pleasure to work with!! She was willing to listen to our ideas as well as making great suggestions on what type of cake design we wanted that would best fit our theme/venue. She asked all the right questions, and was very responsive to all e-mails and phone calls. My husband and I could not pick one flavor and she was able to accommodate us by baking all of the flavors we liked in one cake, all the while keeping it within our budget! She is amazing. The cake turned out stunning and meshed with the ambiance of our wedding so well. I highly recommend Misty/Girl Meets Cake to anyone who is looking for flexible, high-quality service and amazing cake!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you for the great review Linden! It was an absolute pleasure!

Minh-Thanh · Married on 07/29/2017

My wedding was on July 29th and I can't tell you how satisfied I am with Misty's service. She is awesome. Her cake is really yummy. Her decoration skill is just amazing. Her price is definitely super affordable. She is very flexible and easy to work with. Love her!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you Minh & Thanh! It was an absolute pleasure working with you both. I appreciate your kind words so much & I am very happy that you loved your cake. I wish you both all the best!! - Misty

Rina · Married on 07/29/2017

Do NOT look for any other cake vendor!! Misty is extremely talented and makes gorgeous cakes for all occasions. Previously to meeting Misty I was told by a cake vendor that they would NOT do something that I wanted for my cake. I was quickly told “No” but when I met Misty it was great to hear “of course we can do that”. Not only are Misty’s cakes beautiful but more importantly they are absolutely delicious! Our guests raved on how yummy our wedding cake was and I am going to make sure to get cakes from Misty for all of our special occasions! Thanks again Misty!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

WOW!! What an awesome review! Thank you so much Rina. I enjoyed making your cake so much - you know my love for naked cakes & all of the fruit added made for a perfect summer wedding cake. I am thrilled that you loved it. I wish you guys all the best. ~Misty

Michael · Married on 07/15/2017

An exceptional, local cake artist. Very affordable, especially considering the prices we saw going around Northern Virginia. The tasting was easily the best part (of course), and she was beyond willing to work with our budget to get as close to what we were looking for with plenty of options. In our case, she exceeded every expectation. The end product was gorgeous (and delicious!), and the guests could not stop raving about it. You will not be disappointed! Do yourself a favor, and help out a local business while you're at it!

Carrie · Married on 06/15/2017

I have used Girl Meets cake for over 8 yrs...she's done all of our special cakes including all of our daughter's birthday cakes. She is amazing!!! The cakes (and fondant) are sooo good! I just tell her my ideas and she creates the perfect cake. I would not use anyone else. She is the best!

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie!! I love making your cakes - you guys are the absolute best!!

Andrew · Married on 05/21/2017

Misty is an extremely sweet lady who baked us a beautiful cake! She was very flexible and easy to work with, and she provided us a spectacular cake at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Marie · Married on 04/07/2017

Seriously the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. She was so accommodating to our budget and to our requests. I can't even describe how tasty the cake was,we had two layers and two different flavours, and all of our guests agreed that they were both delicious. My husband and I always reminisce about how good it was, and we're super excited for our anniversary because we froze some if it for that occasion. The cake looked beautiful too Just perfect.

Jenna · Married on 09/25/2016

We loved our wedding cake and working with Misty! She did such a great job taking our vision and bringing it to life. She made our tasting so much fun and really created a beautiful part of our wedding day!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna!! It was a pleasure working with you guys & making your wedding cake.

Lindsay · Married on 09/04/2016

Wow! Misty blew me away with her ability to make my dream come true for my wedding. I had a vision of what I wanted, and she made it happen without any hesitation. Her creativity, talent, and clear dedication for what she does were extremely evident. She personally delivered our cake and cake jars and the presentation was unparalleled!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Priya · Married on 08/13/2016

Working with Misty was the best wedding experience we had. From our very first meeting we instantly fell in love and knew that she really understood our vision and could deliver on our big day. We initially met with Misty for our wedding cake but ended up hiring her for much more--cupcakes, cookies, cake and decorating our dessert room, etc. We could have never imagined how amazing she would make this important part of our wedding reception. She was accommodating, had wonderfully creative ideas and such a joy to work with, not to mention that the quality of her desserts are PHENOMENAL! All of our guests were RAVING about the delicious cake and saying that it was the best they have ever had. She is willing to go out of the box for you and will truly deliver on your big day. If you have the option to work with Misty and Girls Meets Cake, I would highly recommend you do-- we are so happy we did!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kimberly · Married on 07/31/2016

Misty was a pleasure to work with for our wedding cake. We were able to select from all kinds of amazing flavor options and she customized the design to our wedding colors beautifully. We will definitely go back to her for our one year anniversary for a very special creation.

Sent on 08/12/2016
  • I

Iris · Married on 05/07/2016

Misty is great! She is professional and friendly. She made picking a cake very easy! We did a combination of 3 tier cake with each layer a different flavor and cupcakes for kids. Prices are affordable! Very happy and everything went smoothly I arrived at the venue and the cake was nicely displayed. I did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you Iris! I loved working with you guys & wish you the best in your marriage.

I have used Girl Meets Cake multiple times for cakes (not wedding, but birthdays and graduation) over the years. With each cake, she continues to amaze me with her remarkable designs, and the cakes are absolutely delicious ... moist and decadent. The most recent cake was for my mother's 80th birthday. Our theme was hummingbirds. Misty loves the challenge of trying something new. She sent me sample pics and she worked with me to make sure she was incorporating everything I wanted into the cake. The end result was truly magnificent. The cake was gorgeous; all our guests raved over not only how beautiful it was, but how delicious it was. At each party I have, I always end up recommending Girl Meets Cake to our guests.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Lesley · Married on 11/14/2015

I'd highly recommend Girl Meets Cake to anyone looking for a wedding cake in the DC area. Our wedding cake phenomenal - it was absolutely gorgeous - everyone at our wedding kept commenting on how beautiful it was - and it was delicious as well. Misty is so easy to work with, she has a great eye for design, and our cake was quite affordable. We'll be going back to her for any other cake needs as well. :)

Sent on 11/23/2015