Girl Meets Cake Reviews

116 Reviews for Girl Meets Cake

• Lola

Lola A. · Getting married on 10/09/2021

Creativity at it's finest

Misty was a delight during our cake tasting. She was super excited to work on our two cakes after we gave her the details of our multicultural two day wedding event. Misty is a joy to be around and that energy shows in her work. I can't wait to see her final creations. Misty is an amazing, quality, and professional baker, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Vivian · Married on 11/28/2020

Absolutely Wonderful!

Misty bakes her cakes with love and we truly appreciate her kindness and the way she does business. Our wedding cake was delicious and we loved celebrating our special day with her cake! We highly recommend everyone to order from Girl Meets Cake. She is amazing!

Sent on 12/22/2020

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Vivian!! It was an absolute pleasure to make your cake. I was so impressed with how you guys handled all of the last minute Covid restrictions that you had to deal with. I was able to catch a glimpse of you both when I was leaving and WOW!!! You are gorgeous inside and out. All of my best to you & Michael ~Misty
  • User5456872 · Recently married

Misty was a delight to work with. The bride and groom picked out a combination of cake designs and flavors.
    The cake came out gorgeous! It was delicious as well! Misty is very accommodating.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! My most favorite thing to hear is that the cake was delicious & gorgeous - that is always my goal!! It was such a pleasure and I am so glad everyone was pleased.

Lindsey K. · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing experience! Delicious cake!

Misty was an incredible vendor to work with for our wedding. The cake was gorgeous and so many people came up to me and said how great it tasted. One guest said, “I’ve never been to wedding where the cake was actually delicious.” The tasting was professional and we got to try so many different flavors. We received all of our documents on time and she got back to us within a day or so. She was accessible and punctual on the day of the wedding. 15/10 would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2019

Misty was a life-saver!

Misty at Girl Meets Cake saved the day when I called her just 11 days before my wedding needing a new wedding cake since my other vendor fell through. We spoke on the phone and within a few minutes we had a plan for her to make my wedding cake. She was so helpful and delivered the most gorgeous cake - it was exactly as I had dreamed it would be. My guests at my wedding couldn't stop talking about how good the cake was *especially the Carrot Cake layer*! I highly recommend working with Girl Meets Cake - you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie M. · Married on 08/31/2019

Elegant, custom-flavored cake, great value and service

We loved working with Misty! She did a custom flavor for us - cardamom-orange with amaretto buttercream and a cherry filling. The cake was four-tiered and elegant. It was our only dessert (we ordered extra sheet cakes to feed all 300 guests). We loved it, felt great about the value, and enjoyed the process.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your review & the gorgeous photos Natalie!! I am so happy that you guys loved your cake. Thank you for opening my eyes to the amazing flavor combo of cardamom-orange! It will absolutely be added to my flavors list next year. I wish you both the best - it was an absolute pleasure. ~Misty

Caroline · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Cake

I would highly recommend Misty for your wedding. She did such a great job and very affordable! I loved the way the cake turned out and it was classic yet gorgeous! And it tasted amazing! One of my family members who is really into wedding cake said it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! You won't be disappointed in Misty, she really does such an amazing job!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Caroline!! I enjoyed meeting you & making your cake. It makes me so happy to know that you loved it & I will take "best wedding cake" every day of the week!! Thank you again & I wish you both the best. ~Misty
  • Eunice

Eunice · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing cake!

I called around 20 cake places and Misty was by far the most responsive, enthusiastic, but most importantly - the cake was absolutely delicious! We had cake enough for 125 people and only 110 guests, and ALL of the cake was gone by the end of the wedding. The value of her cake is also the best you will find. She is fair with her prices (actually she's generous haha), cake tasting is so easy and great, and her flavor options are awesome. We had a vanilla cake for one tier, chocolate for tier 2 and 3, buttercream frosting, raspberry puree, and a buttercream outer frosting. All of our guests specifically came up to me to say how much they enjoyed the cake. 10000000% recommend. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Ginny

Virginia F. · Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious and perfect cake!

Not only were Misty's cake the most delicious cakes I ever tasted, it was absolutely beautiful! She even made a custom cake topper that I couldn't find anywhere and it was perfect. I had a last minute request to add some cupcakes and she was so easy and accommodating. I couldn't speak more highly of Misty and her delicious cakes! Absolutely perfect in every way!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review Ginny! I am so glad that you loved your cake & cupcakes. I enjoyed making everything, especially the cute bunny toppers! ~Misty

Rita S. · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

Misty was amazing!!! the cake was beautiful and the flavors were amazing! Misty went above and beyond to make sure she delivery the cake of our dreams.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Stacy · Married on 08/25/2018

I loved working with Misty at Girl Meets Cake. She took our ideas and helped us build them into something magical. On the wedding day, people were awed by our cakes, and they tasted great, too. I would love to use her again for other parties. She's not just a great baker - she's fun to talk to as well!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/03/2018

First off, I want to say that Misty is super sweet and was so accommodating to what we wanted! My then fiance and I were super surprised by how much wedding cakes cost when we first started doing research for our budget. It was shocking and we really didn't know if we could afford a cake. So we then decided to stick with only cupcakes because they were less expensive. I joined a wedding Facebook group for my area and I kept seeing Girl Meets Cake pop up as a recommendation. I went on her website and reached out to her telling her my vision of a cake and cupcake combination for our wedding that was within our budget. She set up a meeting with us and her presentation was very professional, we were really impressed with the set up. Not to mention we got to taste 5 different flavors of very yummy cake with leftovers to take home! What she charges is very affordable and the designs of the cakes/cupcakes are beautiful. Our guests loved all the flavors so much that they went back for seconds. Not only did we end up with deliciously decorated cupcakes on our wedding day, we were able to have a 2 layer octagon cake with a separate anniversary tier to take home! Everything turned out fantastic and I would definitely book with her again!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredible review Nancy! I enjoyed working with you so much & these positive words were just the "icing on the cake"!! Congratulations & I'll see you for your anniversary!!

Maryann · Married on 05/19/2018

We went to Girl Meets Cake with some ideas for what we wanted, and Misty brought them together to finish the design to be better than we imagined. The tasting portions were very generous and really helped us in picking out a cake that was both delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thanks you so much Maryann! I appreciate your review so much!!

Dee-Dee · Married on 12/15/2017

Misty was referred to me by a friend and I am so glad that we found her. She is so talented!!! I was in a rushed situation and needed a cake for a retirement party. Misty only had a few days notice and she was as calm as could be. Unlike me who was going to lose it... Very, very easy to work and make the time schedule work. I was able to give her our Party theme and the colors and she immediately sent me some photo ideas. Misty knew exactly what we were needing. It was overwhelming for me to pick flavors so she did it and WOW....If you don't know what goes well together, let her pick them for you! It was the best cake that I really have ever had. It was moist, the frosting was so good and the attention to detail was amazing. She did a Double Chocolate Cake with Caramel Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting. It was wonderful. I would recommend Girl Meets Cake for any event. Her cake was the centerpiece of our table and it was just so pretty. Her prices are so reasonable and you get so much for your dollar. We will be back Girl Meets Cake.... Love the work you do....

Sent on 01/28/2018

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Dee-Dee! I loved making the cake and am so glad that it was a hit.

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

I loved my wedding cake so much and the cost was very reasonable not to mention the cake was so delicious. Misty is the sweetest person I have ever met I will definitely go back if I need a cake for anything

Sent on 11/19/2017

Kirsten · Married on 11/04/2017

OMG is it amazing cake. Girl Meets Cake owner Misty made the entire process just perfect. My fiancé went into the tasting wanting only plain white cake and we walked away with something much different and just beautiful. We are not frosting people so we ordered a naked cake covered in fruit. We did two tiers of classic vanilla cake and one of double chocolate. Chocolate buttercream on the chocolate layer with a raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting on the vanilla cake – one strawberry filling and one blackberry filling. I honestly wish on the wedding day I had eaten more cake. It was just fantastic cake. Guests could not stop telling us how great the cake looked and tasted. I cannot wait for the need to purchase another cake from Girl Meets Cake – do we need to wait for our anniversary?

Sent on 12/14/2017
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so glad we found the extremely talented Misty to make our wedding cake! She was very easy to work with and understood our vision to create the most beautiful 3-tiered semi-naked cake for us. It was also incredibly delicious! The bottom and top tiers were Lemon cake with Raspberry filling and Vanilla Buttercream, and the middle tier was Classic Vanilla cake with Strawberry filling and Lemon Buttercream - YUM! Misty also offers amazingly good value for money when compared to other cake vendors at her high level. I would strongly recommend her to any future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Linden · Married on 08/12/2017

Misty was an absolute pleasure to work with!! She was willing to listen to our ideas as well as making great suggestions on what type of cake design we wanted that would best fit our theme/venue. She asked all the right questions, and was very responsive to all e-mails and phone calls. My husband and I could not pick one flavor and she was able to accommodate us by baking all of the flavors we liked in one cake, all the while keeping it within our budget! She is amazing. The cake turned out stunning and meshed with the ambiance of our wedding so well. I highly recommend Misty/Girl Meets Cake to anyone who is looking for flexible, high-quality service and amazing cake!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you for the great review Linden! It was an absolute pleasure!

Minh-Thanh · Married on 07/29/2017

My wedding was on July 29th and I can't tell you how satisfied I am with Misty's service. She is awesome. Her cake is really yummy. Her decoration skill is just amazing. Her price is definitely super affordable. She is very flexible and easy to work with. Love her!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you Minh & Thanh! It was an absolute pleasure working with you both. I appreciate your kind words so much & I am very happy that you loved your cake. I wish you both all the best!! - Misty

Rina · Married on 07/29/2017

Do NOT look for any other cake vendor!! Misty is extremely talented and makes gorgeous cakes for all occasions. Previously to meeting Misty I was told by a cake vendor that they would NOT do something that I wanted for my cake. I was quickly told “No” but when I met Misty it was great to hear “of course we can do that”. Not only are Misty’s cakes beautiful but more importantly they are absolutely delicious! Our guests raved on how yummy our wedding cake was and I am going to make sure to get cakes from Misty for all of our special occasions! Thanks again Misty!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

WOW!! What an awesome review! Thank you so much Rina. I enjoyed making your cake so much - you know my love for naked cakes & all of the fruit added made for a perfect summer wedding cake. I am thrilled that you loved it. I wish you guys all the best. ~Misty

Michael · Married on 07/15/2017

An exceptional, local cake artist. Very affordable, especially considering the prices we saw going around Northern Virginia. The tasting was easily the best part (of course), and she was beyond willing to work with our budget to get as close to what we were looking for with plenty of options. In our case, she exceeded every expectation. The end product was gorgeous (and delicious!), and the guests could not stop raving about it. You will not be disappointed! Do yourself a favor, and help out a local business while you're at it!

Carrie · Married on 06/15/2017

I have used Girl Meets cake for over 8 yrs...she's done all of our special cakes including all of our daughter's birthday cakes. She is amazing!!! The cakes (and fondant) are sooo good! I just tell her my ideas and she creates the perfect cake. I would not use anyone else. She is the best!

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie!! I love making your cakes - you guys are the absolute best!!

Andrew · Married on 05/21/2017

Misty is an extremely sweet lady who baked us a beautiful cake! She was very flexible and easy to work with, and she provided us a spectacular cake at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Marie · Married on 04/07/2017

Seriously the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. She was so accommodating to our budget and to our requests. I can't even describe how tasty the cake was,we had two layers and two different flavours, and all of our guests agreed that they were both delicious. My husband and I always reminisce about how good it was, and we're super excited for our anniversary because we froze some if it for that occasion. The cake looked beautiful too Just perfect.

Jenna · Married on 09/25/2016

We loved our wedding cake and working with Misty! She did such a great job taking our vision and bringing it to life. She made our tasting so much fun and really created a beautiful part of our wedding day!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna!! It was a pleasure working with you guys & making your wedding cake.