Girl Meets Boy Reviews

14 | Naples, FL

14 Reviews for Girl Meets Boy

Andrew Van · Married on 05/18/2019

Boy meets girl DJ - phenomenal

We had a great experience with Derek and Heather. Everything was perfectly executed and Derek was on point all night and was super professional and easy to communicate/work with. He completely understood what were looking for but also make helpful suggestions along the way to streamline the night and keep things flowing.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Nicolle · Married on 12/02/2017

Heather and Derek made my weddding amazing!!! We met before hand which I hear is pretty rare :-) we went over a lot of stuff but they were also super flexible with all of my crazy bride last minute changes! They were patient, kind professional and charismatic. I felt like I have known them my whole life! They not only did my ceremony but they played live at my cocktail hour and DJed the reception. everybody was just raving about how wonderful they were! They even worked with my officiant so we could have a surprise song to play at a specific moment during the ceremony and it was awesome! Thank you guys so much... you deserve all the praise and then some!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Theresa · Married on 03/04/2017

We couldn't be happier that we booked Derek and Heather for our wedding! They totally made our wedding perfect. The dance floor was completely packed for the entire reception. They played our ceremony and cocktail hour and then we used the full band for the reception (5 piece). Once we told them our general vision for the wedding, we totally trusted them and they knew exactly what to do. They were so extremely accommodating and fun to work with. They learned our first dance and even let our musician brother in law play a special song with them. All of our guests have been raving about how great they were. Best decision we made for our wedding was booking them!!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Ann · Married on 03/04/2017

Don't even hesitate...forget any other options. Derek and Heather are going to do whatever it takes to make your wedding party phenomenal. From the ceremony, through cocktails and the reception, they did not disappoint! Professional, accommodating, great to work with and downright AWESOME! Oh...and don't hesitate to add a sax! Truly made the party a HUGE success! Thank you Girl Meets Boy! We want an encore!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Anna · Married on 01/22/2016

If you want live music AND a DJ - JUST HIRE GMB ALREADY! I had very little requests in music for Derek and Heather, a few of them were actually songs I wanted them to learn to play at my wedding (4 to be exact) the rest I just trusted in their judgement as musicians and entertainers. I was SO IMPRESSED by how they delivered each music requests with passion and everyone loved them all night! A lot of people came up to me and told me they loved all my music requests and I just smiled - because I told Derek and Heather to "Do what they do best". I had live music during my ceremony (They sang 3 songs for our ceremony that I requested and they sang our first dance song as well) and they played live music throughout my entire extended cocktail hour (90 minutes). They were amazing MC's and really kept my guests' and my own considerations in mind when selecting music to play. I am SO GLAD I hired GMB for my music and I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/29/2016

GMB4 played our wedding and made the night even more perfect than we could have imagined!!!! Derek, Heather and their bandmates are phenomenal!!!! They are SO talanted and that is just the start!! Derek organized and made my timeline for the entire evening, they learned every song I requested and played it live, they were flexible and attentive and they had our dance floor PACKED from the very first song!!! We would recommend GMB for any occasion, you will NOT be disappointed!!! Thank you GMB4!!!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Clay · Married on 04/25/2015

Derek and the band are awesome! He MC'd the reception and the band rocked the house. They are excellent musicians and singers. They go with the flow well and are perfect for weddings. Derek played and sang during our ceremony and was flawless.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Eric · Married on 04/11/2015

Boy meets girl rocked the house. They are great people to work with. Their vocals, instrumentals, and dj'ing made our wedding perfect.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/21/2015

I have been watching this band play for years so obviously when it was my own wedding I had to have them play! They are always the best! You have to pick boy meets girl!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 11/23/2014

Derek was INCREDIBLE!!! Things got crazy the last couple weeks before the wedding and I did not give him as much info as I should have (didn't even tell him what time during my 9min processional song to start it) and he handle everything perfectly!!! He was soo talented with his live music and extremely experienced in reading the crowd and making sure everyone was having fun!!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Ann · Married on 05/31/2014

Derek Trenholm and his band were fantastic!! Not only did Derek meet us for coffee well in advance of the wedding (yes, really!) to meet the bride and talk about the music, but he seemed to really CARE about what we were looking for. He actually did two of our daughter's weddings and made it fun, festive, provided fantastic music, and kept it classy!!! He was an energetic Emcee and kept things moving and kept the crowd dancing...We love to see him around town....he really "MADE" both weddings!! By the way, he is as nice and personable as he is talented!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Kristin · Married on 03/22/2014

When my husband and I got engaged, we knew that we wanted to hire Derek and Heather for our wedding. Since it was a second marriage for both of us, we had a smaller wedding ceremony and the reception was held at our home. We hired Derek as a solo guitarist (Heather was already booked). Derek played for our ceremony and our reception. Leading up to our wedding, Derek was extremely responsive via e-mail, text and phone and he even came to our house to meet with us the week before the wedding. Derek not only provided song suggestions but he also offered to learn songs he didn't know. In addition, Derek helped coordinate the small details and was willing to act as an MC to keep our party going.

I was somewhat concerned about having live music in our backyard but Derek did an amazing job at keeping our guests entertained - he even interacted with our guests and took song choices from them which everyone loved. We had so many compliments from our guests about how awesome he was!

My husband and I have been watching Derek and Heather play for many years and they are incredibly talented. They are an infectious couple and you would be lucky to have them for your special day. LOOK NO FURTHER - Derek and Heather are the best! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars!

Thank you Derek and Heather for making our wedding perfect!

Kristin and Brian

Sent on 03/23/2015

Nancy · Married on 04/28/2012

This band plays it all and plays it all very, very well. Very professional, courteous and fun. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/19/2012

Missy · Married on 03/28/2015

Derek of GMB did a great job! Music is important to us, so it was an important element of our wedding. He gave us so many songs to choose from, and tried very hard to make sure he didn't play anything we didn't like. It was awesome to have both live acoustic for our ceremony/cocktail and DJ for dinner/dancing. It really was the best of both worlds! He even played my favorite Clapton tune, a special request :) From beginning to end, the music was great. Thumbs up!

Sent on 04/13/2015