3 Reviews for Ginger Cafe

3 Ginger Cafe Reviews

We worked with Bo and Tuyen to get Asian banquet family style food for our wedding, and it's been the best experience ever, hands down our best wedding vendor experience. They were so flexible and very knowledgeable about event timing and also how each course's flavors played off of each other. They really made it easy, put us at ease, and all our guests raved about the food at our wedding! Highly recommend them for any event!!!

Profile Picture Carmen, 7/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I used Ginger Café for my wedding caterer and I couldn’t have been more pleased with my choice. When planning my wedding, one of my top priorities was food. Although less than half the guests attending my wedding were Asian, I wanted something that represented my heritage but would also be a memorable and unique food experience. Mission accomplished with Ginger Café.

From my first contact with Tuyen, he was extremely responsive and always helpful. I decided to go with Ginger Cafe after a few other tastings because of the value and the flexibility I had with customizing the menu. The menu is very reasonably priced for the variety of food offered and the quality of the ingredients. The pricing was very transparent and Tuyen was extremely accommodating of our menu modifications and vegetarian meal requests!

The best part of the decision was the rave complements we got of the food. After the wedding, the first thing out of everyone’s mouth was how good the food was. In fact, so many guests mentioned the food that we received complements on all of the courses. Each course was mentioned as a favorite by a different guest. To put this in perspective, we’re self-proclaimed foodies and keep similar companies. Our tables were named after our 16 favorite restaurants and probably added up to about as many Michelin stars. Obviously, we’re not claiming any stars here, but this is wedding food cooked in a portable kitchen. The point is, we’re a bit of a tough crowd and these guys hit it out of the park!

Finally, Ginger Café focuses on food preparation and really excel at on-site catering, including cooking delicious food on-site (which for us involved a portable kitchen, outdoors.) They do less around marketing such as building beautiful websites and fancy sales collateral. However, the team was absolutely professional, accommodating, communicative, and executed our catering to exceed our expectations.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User2043866, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

If I could give 10 stars to Tuyen, Bo and their team, I would. My guests LOVED the food. One of my friends actually asked for a business card during the reception!

If you like your emails responded to within 24 hours, Ginger Cafe is for you.
If you want someone who will work with you to make your day go smoothly, Ginger Cafe is for you.
If you want good Asian food, Ginger Cafe is you! (I had 10 courses!!)

My husband and I could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Tuyen was very responsive to all of our questions. Working with him was an absolute pleasure. I initially thought that they would have a full kitchen to use at the venue, but when the plans changed, it wasn't a problem. Tuyen and his crew was able to cook outside and the food was still delicious. Even my mom was happy with the food, and she is a tough critic!

Ginger Cafe/Tuyen was very flexible with the menu and helping us with our needs. We ended up with ONE vegetarian out of about 200 people, and Tuyen was able to make them a special dish, without any problems.

I honestly could not recommend them enough. I emailed them a lot (since I was planning the wedding from 500 miles away), and Tuyen was always patient with me. I changed the menu a lot, and Tueyn always worked with me. They did whatever they could to make sure that everything ran smoothly. Ginger Cafe is easily my favorite and easiest to work with vendor during my wedding process.

Profile Picture Alice, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews