Ginger Cafe Reviews

4 | Sunnyvale, CA

4 Reviews for Ginger Cafe

• Viet-Thi

Viet-Thi · Married on 01/13/2019

Excellent, best wedding vendor hired!

I cannot give more praise for Ginger Cafe for out-performing and going above and beyond for our wedding day. Our guests still rave about the food and service, even a month after the wedding. Guests who have attended multiple weddings before, including some of our elderly, said that it was the best wedding food they've ever had at a wedding. Even guests who don't like chicken raved about how tender the chicken was. We had a mix of Chinese and vietnamese guests and their food was a perfect fusion of both cultures. We had sea bass, short ribs, hai Nan chicken, and even our vegetarian guests loved their dishes. The portions were large too, they even packed leftovers for guests to bring home. Their piglet custard bao was a hit with our younger guests too! Service was also the best, they worked efficiently and very well with my day of coordinator. Every single server was approachable and pleasant. My day of coordinator was extremely impressed with how they worked, and commented on their integrity. Hands down the best vendor we hired. Incredibly transparent with everything they charged and even so, it was a bargain for the amount and quality of food and service provided. Our wedding was a stand out because of Ginger Cafe and we give our highest recommendations and praise. Do not second guess it, if you are in the market for a unique, modern and flavorful Asian style banquet dinner, book Ginger Cafe for your wedding!!!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Carmen · Married on 07/26/2015

We worked with Bo and Tuyen to get Asian banquet family style food for our wedding, and it's been the best experience ever, hands down our best wedding vendor experience. They were so flexible and very knowledgeable about event timing and also how each course's flavors played off of each other. They really made it easy, put us at ease, and all our guests raved about the food at our wedding! Highly recommend them for any event!!!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Alice · Married on 09/10/2011

If I could give 10 stars to Tuyen, Bo and their team, I would. My guests LOVED the food. One of my friends actually asked for a business card during the reception!

If you like your emails responded to within 24 hours, Ginger Cafe is for you.
    If you want someone who will work with you to make your day go smoothly, Ginger Cafe is for you.
    If you want good Asian food, Ginger Cafe is you! (I had 10 courses!!)

My husband and I could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Tuyen was very responsive to all of our questions. Working with him was an absolute pleasure. I initially thought that they would have a full kitchen to use at the venue, but when the plans changed, it wasn't a problem. Tuyen and his crew was able to cook outside and the food was still delicious. Even my mom was happy with the food, and she is a tough critic!

Ginger Cafe/Tuyen was very flexible with the menu and helping us with our needs. We ended up with ONE vegetarian out of about 200 people, and Tuyen was able to make them a special dish, without any problems.

I honestly could not recommend them enough. I emailed them a lot (since I was planning the wedding from 500 miles away), and Tuyen was always patient with me. I changed the menu a lot, and Tueyn always worked with me. They did whatever they could to make sure that everything ran smoothly. Ginger Cafe is easily my favorite and easiest to work with vendor during my wedding process.

Sent on 09/30/2011
  • User2043866 · 2+ years ago

I used Ginger Café for my wedding caterer and I couldn’t have been more pleased with my choice. When planning my wedding, one of my top priorities was food. Although less than half the guests attending my wedding were Asian, I wanted something that represented my heritage but would also be a memorable and unique food experience. Mission accomplished with Ginger Café.

From my first contact with Tuyen, he was extremely responsive and always helpful. I decided to go with Ginger Cafe after a few other tastings because of the value and the flexibility I had with customizing the menu. The menu is very reasonably priced for the variety of food offered and the quality of the ingredients. The pricing was very transparent and Tuyen was extremely accommodating of our menu modifications and vegetarian meal requests!

The best part of the decision was the rave complements we got of the food. After the wedding, the first thing out of everyone’s mouth was how good the food was. In fact, so many guests mentioned the food that we received complements on all of the courses. Each course was mentioned as a favorite by a different guest. To put this in perspective, we’re self-proclaimed foodies and keep similar companies. Our tables were named after our 16 favorite restaurants and probably added up to about as many Michelin stars. Obviously, we’re not claiming any stars here, but this is wedding food cooked in a portable kitchen. The point is, we’re a bit of a tough crowd and these guys hit it out of the park!

Finally, Ginger Café focuses on food preparation and really excel at on-site catering, including cooking delicious food on-site (which for us involved a portable kitchen, outdoors.) They do less around marketing such as building beautiful websites and fancy sales collateral. However, the team was absolutely professional, accommodating, communicative, and executed our catering to exceed our expectations.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Ginger Cafe's reply:

Thank you very much of your thoughtfulness by posting your review on wedding wire. Our team enjoy working for you and thanks again. Tuyen