Gina & Ryan Photography Reviews

62 | Burbank, CA

62 Reviews for Gina & Ryan Photography

62 Gina & Ryan Photography Reviews

S · Married on 12/22/2017

If I could give Gina & Ryan 10 stars, I would. They were by far the best, funnest and most personable vendors we had our entire wedding year (and we had some other pretty great vendors too, not to knock those other guys!), and my now husband and I kept saying the entire year that hiring Gina & Ryan was our best investment for the wedding. We are both super uncomfortable with being photographed, and Gina & Ryan both instantly made us feel like we were just hanging out with friends throughout both days (engagement shoot + wedding day). They have a very calm demeanor that helped keep us relaxed, and on our wedding day, I barely even noticed they were there AS our photographers, it felt more like they were guests at our wedding! My cousin (who was filming the entire night) even said during the ceremony that Ryan was completely conscious and considerate of his filming our ceremony, and made sure to keep out of his shot the entire time! They are both such genuine and incredibly warm people to be around, not to mention INSANELY talented and have an incredible eye. Before the wedding, I even had worries that my venue wouldn't photograph well because of the lighting, and I was able to express my concerns to them, to which they quickly replied with how they understood exactly what I meant, showed me how they planned to edit, and basically put all my worries at ease. Sure enough, the photos from our wedding day turned out AMAZING. We had the same day photo preview and had SO many guests compliment the photos that day. We've also received so many compliments about our engagement shoot and wedding day photos as a whole. These guys can't be beat, they are incredibly professional while being super fun at once. We are so lucky to have met such a lovely couple who went from our wedding photographers to our friends.

Christine · Married on 12/10/2017

O. M. G. My husband and I loveeee Gina & Ryan! Just everything about them was great! The photos they take are amazing. And they are just as great as the photos they take. It's nice to have a husband and wife team document your day. I feel as if they take photos as how they would have wanted on their wedding day which is a big plus. From the emails and planning, they were so responsive to everything. Even helped getting us some vendor referrals as well. Right when we met them, we knew they were the ones for us. We love the whole photojournalistic vibe and how they edit the photos and they delivered just that, if not more. I love how they are so honest too. They made us feel comfortable taking photos as well, and my husband and I rarely get our photos taken of ourselves. But they put us at ease. What we loved as well is that the day of the wedding, during dinner Gina will go and edit some photos that have been taken already. And she'll get to work. I dropped in to see how she was doing during dinner time, and she was so focused editing on her laptop. Later towards the evening, they'll put a a monitor that they bring themselves on a place where guests can see. She put the monitor on one of our bars, and then photos that they have taken OF THE SAME DAY will display on the screen. Love love love. Just above and beyond our expectations. Another great thing I loved was HOW FAST they were to get our family photos taken. I was dreading the family photos because my side and my husbands side have BIG families. They had a plan for it, and executed it well AND fast so that we allll could enjoy the rest of the evening. And all the photos that they displayed during the reception, they sent them to us the next day to hold us over until we receive the rest of them! And there were a lot to hold us over! We can't wait to see the rest!! Thank you so much Gina & Ryan!!!!

Gina & Ryan Photography 1
    Gina & Ryan Photography 2
    Gina & Ryan Photography 3

Cristina · Married on 10/14/2017

Gina and Ryan are not just professionals, they are artists. They tell a story with every frame. When my husband and I sat down to go through the photos they delivered, we felt as if we were watching our wedding video. Every shot is filled with emotion. Every photo is purposeful - every SINGLE one. Because they are truly creating something every second that goes by with their cameras in their hands. I could not recommend Gina and Ryan enough. You are guaranteed to love every photo and to love working with them! They made me and my husband feel like we had been friends for a long time when we met. Their services are worth every penny. When we renew our vows, we're definitely going with them again. :)

Gina & Ryan Photography 4
    Gina & Ryan Photography 11
    Gina & Ryan Photography 12
    Gina & Ryan Photography 13

Shir · Married on 05/13/2017

In our opinion, there is nothing more important than investing in a great photographer and videographer to help document your wedding day. Gina & Ryan's work immediately resonated with our style, and when we were looking into working with them, my husband and I met them for beers and that sealed the deal. We loved them both as people and as professionals, and we were so thrilled to have them photograph our wedding day. They even provided a same day photo preview of some of the key moments of the day, and they were stunning. Their vintage and rustic style of photography was spot on with how we wanted to document our day. It all happens so fast and without the documentation, you do miss out on some of the details you spent a ton of time working on, and it's great to have it to look back on. I hope I have the opportunity to work with G&R again on something else in the future. They are the best!!

Mariclare · Married on 04/08/2017

Hiring Gina & Ryan was the easiest, and fastest decision we made when planning our wedding. A good friend of ours got married three years ago and hired them, and I knew ever since then that I wanted them to shoot our wedding. They are the sweetest people ever, and the love they have for each other is obvious through the chemistry they have when shooting. My husband and I are a bit "camera shy" but all that awkwardness goes away because it feels like you're just hanging out with old friends. Not to mention, they are extremely talented. There is something magical about the way they capture the emotions behind every moment, with amazing lighting and framing to boot. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, hire Gina & Ryan and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Nina · Married on 07/15/2016

Gina and Ryan were one of the best decisions my husband and I made while sourcing vendors for our wedding. They're awesome people, incredible photographers and they geek out over their dogs like we do about ours! :D

We are so happy to have been able to have them capture our day this past July. I'm particularly camera shy, but felt at ease, comfortable and like myself working with both Gina and Ryan. They were on time, fun, creative and even able to manage both of our huge families with grace. I appreciated their attention to detail and genuine concern to capture my husband and I as we are.

When we initially put together our photography shot list and shared it with Gina and Ryan, they were accommodating and still offered recommendations given time constraints, etc. Their recommended scheduling of planned photos was great and I didn't feel exhausted or worn down. Their easy going nature left us feeling fresh and happy to smile naturally. I can't thank them enough for being a part of our wedding!

Kat · Married on 06/28/2016

Gina and Ryan were such a solid score for our elopement on all fronts. They were prompt & professional in the inquiry stages up throughout contract time and were super flexible with adding a couple hrs to their day when we decided we wanted some more "get ready" and hangout after dinner shots. They both are more in depth than the title photographer will allow. They are storytellers & visionaries who happen to work with a camera. We can not wait for our friends & family to see our shots. Each of them has so much detail! We have looked through the pics several times just over coffee and each time we are blown away. I have made many decisions in my life where I'm trying to create a certain vibe that resulted in my hand slapped to my forehead - but this was BEYOND both of our expectations. We are like proud parents with our scrapbook lol! They have a skilled eye, are personable as all get out and their work ethic is on target. Loved working with them!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2016

We hired Gina & Ryan for our wedding this May and it was easily of of the *best* vendor decisions we made for that day. Since planned the wedding from out-of-town, we didn't meet them until the day of -- but they immediately put us at ease and were so fun to be around. Having two photographers meant that they worked really quickly -- with one documenting moms and bridesmaids getting ready and detail shots while the other got bridal shots. They captured absolutely *beautiful* pictures of everything -- from getting ready, to the first look, to crazy dance moves and more. While they are both so fun, they also got things done! I was impressed by how well they were able to organize everyone (e.g., bridesmaids, groomsmen, immediate family) and that they made it so easy that it didn't even feel like we were taking that many pictures (though now we have > 700 shots!). Thank you to both Gina and Ryan for making our wedding day special and really capturing so many beautiful moments from it. We will cherish these pictures throughout the rest of our lives together. :)

• MisRed

Lacey · Married on 04/09/2016

We've finished our engagement session and have booked Gina and Ryan for our wedding. Our engagement photos are spectacular. I'm an actress and I've modeled plenty over the years. I'm pretty picky. Let me tell you, our photos are astounding and the best photos I've ever seen of me or my fiance (neither model nor actor). They offer the perfect advice before your session too so you go in feeling pretty confident.

If you're concerned about your photos looking too "pose-y" or like something your parents did- these are the people to hire. They immediately put you at ease. They are incredibly friendly people who really care about capturing your story. My fiance was concerned about being in front of the camera with me and you know what? His worries disappeared into thin air.

They are total pros and great communicators. Emails, phone calls, everything was quickly responded to. Contract and info spelled out to a T. Photos promptly made available. I cannot express to you how happy all this makes me.

A few of my bridesmaids have seen the engagement photos and I've already heard things like, "Hell yes, I'm gonna look great in aaaaall of your wedding photos." (True story, quoted from today.)

Also, they're interesting people. Essentially, you can't go wrong hiring this pair of photographers.

Susannah · Married on 01/30/2016

I absolutely cannot recommend Gina and Ryan enough! From the first time we met them, through engagement photos, our many questions, our wedding day, and the gorgeous prints and album, Gina and Ryan were always exceptional. We were blown away by the creativity and authenticity of their work. They perfectly matched the vibe we were looking for and never strayed into "cheesy wedding photo land." They capture real moments and real emotion. They always find the best settings and lighting and are down for adventures. We took them to the top of a parking garage and they took us under a street in downtown LA to capture our gorgeous pictures. We have gotten endless compliments on all of our photos. Their albums are clean and beautiful and they do a great job of creating layouts and selections to follow the story of the day. Not only is the work phenomenal, Gina and Ryan are always responsive, helpful, and had answers to all of our questions throughout the process. They became not only our photographers but our friends (because they are just an all-around fun couple!). Best wedding vendor award! Thank you so much, Gina and Ryan!

Andrew · Married on 12/12/2015

Gina & Ryan are deserving of a million stars. They literally just shot our wedding 2 days ago and they were so amazing I had to write a review for them the first chance I could. They are some of the nicest, calmest, easy going people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I was so nervous to have cameras around all day while us girls were getting ready, but with Gina & Ryan I hardly noticed the cameras. They floated around the room, engaging in conversation with everyone, it felt like they were friends, getting ready with us. Every single person in our wedding party commented on how amazing the two of them were, it was just incredible.
    My now husband and I were not interested in doing a first look, until days before our wedding when we received an email that the 6th street bride (which happened to be down the street from our venue) was being torn down in a month and it could be a great photo opportunity if we were interested. We looked at the photos and knew we had to do it. I am so happy we changed our minds, it was absolutely incredible and the few photos we have seen so far are more than I could have ever imagined.
    At the reception when they set up their preview of photos, our friends and family lost their minds. Every single person came up to me astonished at the AMAZING photos flashing across the screen. I had friends begging me for their contact info that night.
    We are so grateful we found Gina & Ryan and our wedding would not have been the same without them, they are truly one in a million!

Erika · Married on 10/03/2015

Everything about them met our expectations and more!

• Michael

Michael · Married on 09/26/2015

Me and my wife had an amazing engagement session in Santa Monica on Monday. Gina and Ryan are nice, funny, and very professional. They understand that it could be awkward sometimes during the photoshoot and that actually made the session a lot more comfortable for me.

Thank you two again for a very enjoyable experience! We will definitely recommend you guys to our friends!

My fiance and I had our engagement photos taken with Gina and Ryan, and have booked our wedding too. We were both very nervous about having our photos taken, but Gina and Ryan are total pros and put us completely at ease. I can't wait to shoot with them at our wedding.

My favorite thing about G & R is how they work together! They have a really organic way of shooting at the same time, making sure to capture traditional portraits while also snapping more artistic shots. They're very creative and very smart about light, props, and using the environment.

Christina · Married on 09/06/2015

Gina and Ryan are the the most professional people that we worked with in the wedding industry! I could not recommend them enough. They make the whole process very exciting and easy. My husband and I do not enjoy taking photos in general and they made us at ease because they hold that special aspect that they are in fact crazy in love with each other and it shows through their artwork. Their style is raw and modern and they will capture those moments of happiness that you thought were just internal. For my details check out my review on Yelp under user Christina C. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Kelsey · Married on 08/29/2015

Gina and Ryan are ROCK STARS!!! I wish we could give them 10 stars. Seriously. Not only are they incredibly talented with their photography skills but they also had a way of making my new husband and me feel at ease in front of the camera. My husband does not feel the most comfortable getting his photo taken but Gina and Ryan make it feel like you're hanging out with old friends. They shot our engagement photos in Venice Beach and our wedding in Pasadena. Our engagement photos had the laid back beach-vibe we were envisioning while also capturing stunning pictures of us and the environment. On our wedding day they were incredibly on top of everything without showing one once of stress (even with my gigantic family picture of 40 people!). They utilized the entire venue space which we wanted to show off because it had so many great pockets and totally nailed the images. We honestly could not be happier with how the day went and how the pictures turned out. THANK YOU GINA AND RYAN!!! We are forever grateful.

Brittany · Married on 07/04/2015

If 10 stars were an option, that is what I would rate these two! Professional, caring and talented beyond belief. We were impressed with their energy/processionalism from the moment we met them. Everyone that attended our wedding commented on how incredible Gina and Ryan are and those complements have kept coming since we received our photos. These two are truly gems and made all the difference in our special day.

Lijen · Married on 05/16/2015

Gina and Ryan were awesome! They were great to work with and very professional, yet laid back. They work really well together and have a great dynamic, really good teamwork and coordination and seem like they are always in sync and efficient. They're also really cool and down to earth people, they seem relatable and were easy to get along with. Above all, our wedding photos turned out amazing! We love their style, they're really great at composing their pictures and awesome at catching great candid shots. They were two of the most professional vendors that we worked with for our wedding and we are so glad that we found them because are pictures are DOPE!

Kaley · Married on 10/16/2014

From start to finish, we had the BEST experience with Gina and Ryan. They took the time to ease us into the shoot so we felt completely at ease and we could not be more in love with the results. Picture 5 Stars is not enough:)

Chris · Married on 09/30/2014

Gina & Ryan are the wedding photography dream team. An amazingly fun couple, bounding with creativity and with an eye for detail. We were so impressed with the photos they took of our wedding. They captured it all, from intimate, natural moments right through to the choreography of big group shots. We also opted to do our photo printing with them; the results were archival quality print work, bounded in an album that we will treasure for life. Gina & Ryan put you at ease the whole time. They do a free engagement shoot with you ahead of your wedding so that on the Big Day, you are truly ready for your close-up and know how to work the camera. The results for the engagement shoot were also stunning; we did ours in Venice, Los Angeles, taking in the canals before sunset shots on the beach. We wholeheartedly recommend Gina & Ryan for your wedding day. They are the best!

Mickie · Married on 09/27/2014

We feel privileged to have had Gina and Ryan photograph our wedding. We selected them after seeing their work which showed a mix of art and life. Our experience with the two of them was amazing. They made us feel so very comfortable. We benefited from their professionalism, attention to detail, and the creativity they provided from the time we first met to when we received our wedding photos. Their unique approach and personal warmth delivered beautiful photos showcasing the love and joy our family felt on our wedding day. I/We highly recommend Gina & Ryan Photography.

Alli · Married on 09/25/2014

We truly enjoyed our time with Gina & Ryan! We are so in love with the results of our engagement photo shoot. If you are looking for a great couple to help bring your vision to life, we would highly recommend their services!

David & Sheila · Married on 09/01/2014

Gina and Ryan are a power duo! They are amazing photographers, very professional business people, and just really good and down to earth individuals. We couldn't be any happier with everything they did for us, from the initial consultation, through the engagement session, and all of the wedding prep/details/demands. Gina and Ryan have a unique eye and sense for how to bring out the best in someone. Their shots are unique and genuine. When they explained to us that the shot they look for is the smile or laugh after the corny pose, that's when we knew they were for us. They pay attention to all of the details and make a sincere effort to be creative. The turn-around on their work was exactly as promised, if not earlier, and there were never any unexpected surprises. They went above and beyond what we expected from a wedding vendor. They sent us little gifts along the way (reminding us to take a breather, to have some fun during the planning process, etc.) and packaged everything very professionally. They responded to all of our inquiries, checked in on us from time to time, and followed up to make sure we were happy with everything. We couldn't be any happier going with Gina and Ryan. They are the best.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/30/2014

We cannot say enough about Gina & Ryan. The only comments we heard about our wedding pictures were that they were the most beautiful anyone had ever seen.

Gina & Ryan captured the feelings of every moment, whether that be excitement, drama, laughter or nostalgia. And all with the most beautiful color. They made our backyard wedding look like a Kennedy event.

On top of it all, they were charismatic with each other and could read each others' minds, which kept us feeling like they themselves were having fun and everything was under control. Which is a lot to be able to say on the most stressful day of your life.

We wholly recommend that you book them before they become impossible to get.

5/5 stars! Ryan and Gina are AWESOME to work with in so many aspects. They drove to our area to do our engagement shoot so we could get comfortable with their style before the wedding. They hung out with us after and had drinks/dinner. They sent little care packages with notes and gifts (succulents, starbucks gift card, etc) during our planning process to help ease the pressure. They finished processing our pictures VERY quickly. Oh, and their pictures? GORGEOUS! They captured every little detail we wanted and more! I'd highly recommend their services.