38 Reviews for Gina Clyne Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
37 Gina Clyne Photography Reviews

I love how Gina captured our wedding. I look back at the pictures and I’m instantly transported back to the loud, colorful, joyous weekend spent with family and friends in Mexico. She documented it perfectly – from the gorgeous scenery to the tiniest of details. I am amazed at how one person could capture so much without me once feeling like I had a photographer in my face. Gina puts everyone at ease. She’s able to wrangle people and move a timeline along while keeping everyone in the party vibe. She’s an experienced traveler which was another one of the many reasons why she was the perfect fit for our destination wedding. Also, she’s so lovely my parents still would like to adopt her. I’m honored to have Gina photograph our special day and I’m so thankful for the photos we will cherish forever.

Profile Picture Dana, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina Clyne is incredible and you should hire her immediately. What attracted us initially to Gina was her photo journalistic documentary style of photography which easily stood out in a sea of wedding photography websites. Thankfully when we met her in person, Gina proved to be very easy going and had a laugh that was not only infectious but put us at ease the day of which made being photographed by her a breeze. My husband and I cannot put into words how much we love our photos and we are so thankful we found Gina.

Profile Picture Mike, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina is so immensely talented.She photographed our elopement at San Francisco City Hall and followed us around as we explored SF for the day. She made us feel so comfortable and was able to perfectly capture the candid moments, personal moments, and authentically posed shots.

I am so glad that we chose Gina to be with us on our wedding day. Since we eloped, it was crucial to have a good personality fit as our 'third wheel'. Gina went above and beyond. She was our witness, she was our sounding board, she made us feel comfortable, made us laugh and coached us through things.

The photos that we received from Gina from our day together perfectly capture the happiness that was experienced. Whenever I look at them now, I grin ear to ear. It's such a great feeling having those special moments captured just as you remember them, and thats where Gina truly excels.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First off, Gina is a gem. Her photographs should really speak for themselves but if you need any more convincing, read on. We hired Gina for an exceptionally special occasion - our wedding. We communicated to Gina that we weren't into the whole corny, trite wedding photos where the couple is like looking deep into each other's eyes in front of a tree shaped like a heart or whatever. She started the process with a thorough questionnaire all about what we wanted for our day. She really guided us through our day and what we wanted to make it extra wonderful. When our day finally came, Gina was there snapping the most beautiful photos we have! She was professional but so friendly and warm and immediately put us (two camera shy introverts) not just at ease but smiling and dancing and having fun like there wasn't a camera in sight. It was a perfect day and she just made it better. Flash forward to having our photos delivered! We were truly in awe of Gina's work. and we weren't the only ones - our whole family has framed, shared and loved our photos.

We can't speak highly enough of Gina so I hope this review is sufficiently gushing.

Profile Picture Chris, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina is an incredibly talented photographer and such a kind, relatable person to work with! She photographed our wedding on a farm in Ojai, CA. My husband and I live in Seattle, so Gina and I talked on the phone leading up to the wedding to go over the flow of the day. We greatly appreciated her suggestion to take family & wedding party formals before the ceremony, which allowed us to seamlessly celebrate with our guests after the ceremony. We were so grateful for her flexibility and creativity as the wedding unfolded, scoping out the farm to find a perfect place to take our first-look and formal photos. Gina has such a calming presence, and we felt so comfortable around her, which really helped us to relax and have an amazing time!

The photos themselves are wonderful--they captured our joy, the personality and energy of our guests, and the natural ambiance of our wedding site. Gina caught so many sweet, funny, and honest moments! It was amazing to look through the collection and experience even more nuances and moments than we remembered in the blur of the day. The prints are gorgeous--I framed our favorites and they make me smile every time I see them. I highly recommend Gina!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina is an amazing photographer - her intuitive nature and awareness makes working with her on such an important occasion not only smooth, but enjoyable. She was always professional and during the event was so unobtrusive that I do not remember ever seeing her during the ceremony, which is important to me as photographers who do not have this skill can be very distracting.
We were so happy with images from the wedding that we have hired her for our second wedding celebration taking place in Jamaica in the fall. We can not recommend her highly enough, Gina is fantastic!

Profile Picture Alex, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina is incredible. If you need a wedding photographer, hire her. I promise you will not be disappointed. She was helpful and responsive in all of the planning, and carefully laid out our options and was enthusiastic and understanding about our vision. She is organized and knowledgable, which makes planning with her so absolutely effortless! The day of the wedding she managed to be what seemed like everywhere at exactly the right time in the most mind-bogglingly somehow un-invasive way. Gina captured all of the most perfect details and candid moments that combined to create a complete and comprehensive time capsule of my wedding day. Her enthusiasm for her craft, her talent and her intuitive artistic approach have me absolutely convinced that she would be excellent at capturing any event.

Profile Picture Emilie, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are at all interested in hiring Gina for your photographer needs - seriously, just do it. I found Gina on A Practical Wedding's vendor directory and I'm so so glad I found her. First of all, her prices are literally unbeatable, not even for a major city, just overall, unbeatable. And not only is she incredibly affordable, but she also makes a microloan through Kiva to a woman owned business, which is pretty awesome.

I hired Gina for my engagement and wedding photos for my "destination" wedding in LA. From the very first email, I could tell she was an awesome, down to earth person, and she was even better in person. My husband and I are not the outgoing type, so the engagement shoot was very nerve racking for us but Gina not only found an AMAZING location to shoot at - which was exactly what I was looking for, just couldn't find myself - but helped us to feel more comfortable in front of the camera. I'm not into the typical engagement photo shoots that are super posed and she helped us achieve exactly what we wanted.

For the wedding - I just want to start out by saying that multiple people came up to me to tell me how awesome my photographer was. How often does that happen?? Gina was there from the getting ready photos until the dance floor and every step of the way she was amazing! She was very professional, patient, and knew exactly what she was doing and she did it very well. I seriously, I wish that I could've invited Gina as a guest because she fit in so well.

Gina is a truly a great photographer, for both weddings/events and her personal work. I know friends and family that have paid 5x's+ more than what I paid for my photos and they weren't anywhere as happy as I am with my photos. Every photo I received from Gina was amazing and I *highly* recommend her!!

Profile Picture MICHELLE, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Gina for our courthouse wedding! We interviewed a few photographers, but we picked Gina because she seemed most like someone we would already be friends with. She has a very kind and calming presence, which came in handy because the courthouse was a madhouse that day (we'll be sharing our anniversary with a LOT of couples!). It was super crowded and crazy, which led to our timeline running longer than expected, but Gina took it all in stride, and our photos turned out great. Gina did a wonderful job capturing the story of our wedding, including many lovely candid shots of us and our families. She has a great eye for composition and small moments, and she is as adept at capturing humor as emotion. On top of that, she is as organized as she is chill (a rare combination), and very responsive with all communication, even after the wedding. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

IN THE NAME OF LOVE, STOP SEARCHING NOW. GINA CLYNE IS YOUR BEST OPTION. I searched high and low for a wedding photographer and I am 100% convinced Gina is the BEST. She will capture the moments that will tell the story of your wedding day, fit within your fair budget, communicate well with you throughout the process leading up to the wedding and the actual day, be organized, be professional, and be such a genuinely dear human being that you will be pinching yourself to be so fortunate to have her as your wedding photographer. I am! Her rates are FAR more affordable than others, while her quality of photography and photo-journalistic style is still far SUPERIOR than others. It's high value for a fair cost, I promise. Affordable, artistic, genuine, and on-point.

Profile Picture Natalie, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina's professionalism and work exceeded all expectations. My husband and I will treasure her work forever!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We found Gina through A Practical Wedding as a recommendation for an affordable photographer. It was true - her rates were potentially half of other photographers we spoke to. But cheating out wasn't our only objective - knowing that we weren't going to have a videographer, it was very important we found a photographer who was going to truly document the entire day top to bottom and that is exactly what Gina and her assistant, Shane did.

We first met Gina at a coffee shop to talk about our thoughts for our wedding. At this point we had met with 5 other photographers at the same coffee shop, and were getting a little exhausted. Everyone had beautiful photos to share, and some of them even shot our venue and knew the best angles, but it was really important that the person who was going to follow us around like a stalker on the most important day of our lives be someone we wanted to hang out with. Gina was 100% that girl. She's an artist and a journalist and an all around super rad chick. Over an hour of coffee we fell in love and the deal was done. We opted for Gina's biggest packages - 2 photographers for a full 10 hours and an engagement session all for less than $3000.

The engagement session was super fun. We had some loose ideas of where to go - strolling around our neighborhood, checking in at a favorite bar, going to a nearby park. She was up for it all. She didn't put us in weird forehead to forehead
poses. She just hung out with us for an afternoon and took THE MOST AWESOME PICTURES EVER. We got them back within a few weeks and love all of them.

We haven't gotten our wedding photos back yet (the wedding was just 3 days ago!) but the day went exactly like we wanted it to. She had a shot list of some family and bridal party photos, but our main focus was to be on candids and her and Shane were all over it like respectful paparazzi. We can't wait to see what comes back!!!

Profile Picture lisa, 11/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina took beautiful family formals and all our individual pictures for our wedding. We love the photographs. Gina is a joy to work with and we felt so comfortable with her. That energy really shows in our pictures. We couldn't imagine a better photographer to capture our new family. She turned the pictures around quickly and her gallery service is a breeze to work with. We highly recommend booking Gina for your event.

Profile Picture Shane, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina Clyne is a very talented photographer. Not only does she have a great eye but she has a calming personality. Her presence at my wedding ended up being one of the reasons the night turned out so well. She was always in the right place at the right moment, I never once had to think about where she was, she just knew where to be. Once we got our photos back we were extremely impressed by the quality and quantity of all of them. Now that our friend are getting married they are coming to us to ask for Gina's name because they remember what a great person she was to have on board and they love our wedding photos as much as we do.

Profile Picture Krista, 9/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina is AMAZING. From the moment we found Gina's website, we were pretty sure we'd stumbled upon someone fantastic. And when we had our first introductory meeting with her, we knew we had.

We threw an untraditional wedding: a Prom at a local high school. Some of the vendors we spoke with seemed a bit confused why someone would want to do something like that. Others seemed baffled by the seemingly circular logic of the idea: "Don't most proms these days try to imitate weddings?" But from the moment we told her, Gina *got* it. Truly. And even more importantly, got us.

She came prepared, having done lots of research beforehand on prom imagery -- both in the literal, Google image search sense, and in the fantasy prom sense of Sweet Valley High covers and John Hughes movies.

She showed up hours beforehand to scout the school and figure out the best places to inspire both of those ideas. And she worked with us in advance on timelines and family groupings so we were sure not to miss anyone or anything.

But most importantly, she brought a positive energy with her the entire night, that radiated from behind the camera to whoever was in front of it.

I cannot say enough amazing things about her -- her eye, her creativity, her preparedness and professionalism, and just her as a person. We feel so lucky to have found her, and are excited to glowingly recommend her to anyone who will listen.

Profile Picture Stuart, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was really hard to find a photographer that matched our personalities, style, and budget. We aren't into glamour shots or staged photo shoots. I found Gina originally on http://www.wpja.com/ looking for somebody to capture our wedding on 7.24.16 in Topanga Canyon. Gina was the first photographer who we met with and we booked her literally that same evening or the next day. My husband, who is highly skeptical and researches in detail everything before he makes a decision, also agreed to book her. WHY you may ask?

Well, Gina made us feel at home and at ease, as if we were just talking to one of our friends. We met up in a coffee shop in Echo Park. Her smile and laughter, her mission, you can tell she enjoys doing what she does, AND she has a passion for it. You can just tell she has the EYE to capture one of the best days of her lives, we trusted she was the person to do it. But that was then. Speed up to after our wedding now.

Gina and her assistant truly delivered some beautiful photos of our wedding. I got to see somethings that played out that we couldn't see in our perspectives that day and it truly was hilarious, priceless, and joyous. Gina and her assistant seemed to be everywhere that day without us even knowing! She captured friends and family having a great time, catching all their wonderful personalities. She also captured our personalities, bride and groom !!

I am amazed at every single photo, all 1400 of them that she took of our wedding! As I look through our photos, I can relive this wonderful day all of over again. I can see the love from our friends, families, and guests poured all over the photographs. No words can express how thankful we are to have Gina Clyne Photography be such a pivotal part of our day!

Profile Picture Truyen, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Gina through A Practical Wedding. At first glance, it was the exact style of photographer I had been looking for. Then I saw her rates, and I thought it must be too good to be true, but she truly delivered above and beyond.
Even though we live in San Francisco, the wedding was held in San Juan Capistrano, so I was not able to meet with her in person until the day of the wedding, but she was so great with communicating via email and on the phone before the wedding, that it felt like we had built a great relationship before we even came face to face.
Not only did the photographs turn out beautiful, she is also extremely well organized, making the day of the wedding go as smooth as possible, which was a huge life saver!
Oh and not only is she awesome and affordable, but if you go with her, she will make a Kiva loan to a woman from another country who is trying to grow her small business and improve her quality of life.
Basically, Gina is the best!

Profile Picture Natasha, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Gina! She was absolutely amazing to work with. When I was researching photographers for our wedding I was immediately drawn to her style of photography - more casual, relaxed, and was always ready to catch moments as they happened. She was so kind and professional and SNEAKY! I loved all the candid shots she was able to capture of us and all of our wedding guests! Before we received our pictures from her, there were so many shots I was wishing she had captured. I thought she had missed some moments but I was SO wrong (I told you she was sneaky). She literally photographed everything big and small and going through all the photos really helps us relive the amazing day we had :)

Profile Picture Leah, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I came across Gina Clyne's photography I thought for sure she was going to be out of our price range. Wedding planning has you scanning through mountains of photographers and with price costs that could eat half your budget. I was relieved to see Gina's prices were not only in our range, but her work also out shined nearly every photographer out there. After our first conversation I knew she was a perfect fit for us. She immediately understood our vision and brought her professional skills to the table. The day of the wedding went by in a flash. When we received our photos back I was overjoyed with how many beautiful, heartwarming and cheerful candids she captured without even realizing she was right there to catch them.
All our family and friends gushed over the photos. She not only captured my husbands and I most memorable moments, but also our guests and loved ones celebrating our day with us. It's the perfect album documenting our favorite day.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I hired Gina for my wedding this past March at Orcutt Ranch in the San Fernando Valley. All I have to say is she far exceeded any and all expectations I had for a wedding photographer. She was the most helpful and organized person before I even met her, constantly keeping up with me through email months before our wedding. On our wedding day, she was so punctual and she had such a warm aura to her that makes you feel totally relaxed in front of the camera. She took the most stellar pictures and she sent us our photos in a beautiful, unique personalized flash drive. On top of all of this, she is so so reasonably priced and donates to charity. there is no reason not to hire her for your next event.

Profile Picture Alexia, 3/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't be happier to have had Gina as the photographer for our March elopement! There are so many photographers to choose from, but what drew us to Gina was 1) her stunning and dynamic photos (of course), 2) that she is reasonably priced (and especially at a time when the Canadian dollar was so bad), and 3) Her mandate to make a Kiva loan for every wedding that she books.

Gina's general enthusiasm and openness was evident from our first email correspondence with her. She was always quick to respond, and she was just so helpful, even suggesting a few vendors that we were still missing. We eloped in Palm Springs, and were coming from quite a distance, so our wedding day was our first actual meeting with Gina. We were instantly comfortable with her - she reminded us of friends from home! Gina's photojournalistic style 100% suited our aesthetic. Her photos are able to tell a story and capture the emotions at that exact moment; a gift that comes with passion and experience.

Profile Picture Patric, 3/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gina was *the* perfect photographer to capture our wedding! It was a once in a lifetime kind of experience - we were in Goa India, with friends and family coming from all over the world for our 3 day love-fest and Gina captured every bit of the magic. She is curious and observant, which made her take pictures of details and moments that others would have skipped. And those were the best ones! We received so so many compliments about the pictures. In addition to producing a stunning final product, she was so accommodating and easy to work with. In India, things can start 1 (or 2 or 3!) hours late, which happened frequently throughout our events. Gina took it in stride, and was so understanding. I really can't recommend her enough!!!

Profile Picture Nikki, 12/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

we loved having gina as both our photographer and our guest. she was great! we had planned on a small wedding and only wanted someone to document the "important stuff" except I really didn't know what to expect. She came up with a time line for us and adjusted it according to our needs. She was really friendly and sweet and made all of us feel very comfortable and at ease. She was also very accomodating and took more group photos than was originally planned for. totally loved having her there.

Profile Picture jasmine, 11/11/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Gina is an excellent photographer. She will provide photos to you that make others jealous. Her photographic eye is very artistic so the result will be better than you imagined and nothing short of magical.

Profile Picture jessie, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gina was such a pleasure to work with! This email is long overdue but extremely appreciative and full of nothing but gratitude. I found Gina on the Wedding Photojounalist Association (WPJA) website. I simply clicked on her name and website because her starting price was in my budget. THEN -- I fell in love with her images, her captures and her "eye". She captured details of each ceremony, reception, party and gathering in such a unique way and almost the exact way that I envisioned.

I, of course, contacted several other photographers but it was her response time and personality that was the icing on top of her cake of talent. Finding the right photographer was high on my wedding priority list and she never disappointed me. She was always calm and responsive, positive and upbeat and also realistic. I informed her of some tribal dances from my culture that were going to be performed during our wedding and she researched a little about it and knew exactly what to capture and how!

My husband and I are NOT people who can pose naturally in front of a camera and Gina helped with that! She was able to get the "posed" pictures of just the two of us, capture all the moments in between and displayed such patience and calm assurance during my very hot, very crowded and very rowdy wedding! If I could do it all over again, I would definitely hire Gina again!

Profile Picture Charlene, 9/26/15, 1 Review