Gil's Elegant Catering Reviews

92 | Grand Prairie, TX

92 Reviews for Gil's Elegant Catering

Gil's was wonderful!! Brenda was a delight to work with. She accommodated our special requests and went above and beyond to make sure my daughter's vision for her reception was exactly what she wanted! Gil's had "events" that we were invited to that were set up like a reception at different venues in town. That was so nice to be able to see exactly what our reception would be like and be able to taste different foods. And the food was amazing!! Could not have been happier!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2014

Oh my goodness, everyone loved our food. It was so delicious and it looked so pretty. Gil's really went above and beyond to do what we wanted. They even when off menu to create some appetizers I really wanted!! Thank you so much! the food was wonderful!!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Danielle · event on 12/16/2013

Gil's was an excellent choice to cater our corporate event; they were professional, friendly, very responsive and the food was excellent - beyond our expectation. I received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and the presentation was great as well. We will definitely use them again for future company events.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Ashley · Married on 12/14/2013

Gil's did an excellent job! Loved the sangria! The attendants took amazing care of the bride and groom - always making sure we had what we needed.

Sent on 12/23/2013

M · Married on 12/14/2013

We were recommended Gil's Elegant Catering by our venue and our wedding planner, and we couldn't have been happier with the responsiveness and professionalism displayed by their point-of-contact (Jackie Hickey) as well as their servers/manager/chef on the day of the wedding.

We went with a basic Italian dinner buffet, and our food was hot and the chicken, tender! The manager was thoughtful and wanted to get the food plated for us, the married couple, but since we were already in line, we decided to serve ourselves.

Every step of the way, Gil's showed us that they were thoughtful, experienced professionals--down to the details of providing us with a fruit and cheese tray before the reception, then packing up the cake with a fork and knife for us to savor later. We would recommend them and their services to anyone who is considering Gil's.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Kelly · event on 12/13/2013

Couldn't be happier with Jackie & Gil's! I've heard nothing but great comments about the entire process - from set-up, to service, to the actual meal. Great job!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Gil's Elegant Catering's reply:

Thank you so much!! It was such a pleasure working with you all to plan this fun Holiday party at Victors Event Room. I hope we can do it again next year! Cheers - Jackie

We hired Gil's based on our wedding planner's recommendation, and I am so glad we did! Food is one of the most important choices at your wedding, and I was so glad that our venue allowed us to hire our own caterer. Gil's provided both flexibility and quality. For our winter wedding, we wanted delicious comfort food, so we chose action stations with beef, salmon, grilled cheese, soup, mashed potatoes, veggies, and a salad bar. In addition, Gil's provided an amazing hot chocolate and coffee bar with to go cups and all sorts of yummy toppings. We also used their bartending services. We received so many compliments on the food! The staff brought a plate with a little bit of everything to me and my new husband so that we didn't have to carry our plates. We heard so many stories from people about how you won't eat on your wedding day because you'll be so busy, but they made sure we ate. Our wedding took place during the huge ice storm in DFW, and Gil's showed up completely prepared and on time. The comfort food we chose certainly fit the bill for the weather! At the end of the night, Gil's gave us a nice little cooler with snacks and leftover food for a late night picnic! If you are lucky enough to choose your own caterer, you cannot go wrong with Gil's. Their food is delicious, and the staff is extremely professional.

Sent on 12/29/2013
  • User3701900 · 2+ years ago

The food was good and the service was also. I didn't even notice them the night of the wedding, which is how it should be. Decent prices compared with some other caterers.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Loryn · event on 11/07/2013

I am extremely satisfied with the company, and they are my first choice whenever a catering need arises.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Jenny · Married on 11/02/2013

Delicious food and great service! Such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2013

Brenda was wonderful to work with. She was great about making recommendations for our menu and listening to what we wanted. She suggested the vendors we used for the cake, photographer, dj, alcohol and florists. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and professional. Our wedding was beautiful, food delicious and so much fun thanks to Gil's!!! The Gil's staff was wonderful at the dinner/dance. So helpful and allowed us to have a stress free evening. We can't say enough nice things about them!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Landa · event on 10/24/2013

Everything was perfect... the food was amazing, the staff was attentive, and the overall event was fabulous.

Donna · event on 10/23/2013

Congratulations Gil's Elegant Catering! Our event was the best ever and a lot of that had to do with your amazing food and service! Jacueline Hickey was the best coordinator I've ever worked with and the service team was amazing. The leader of the service team (can't recall the gentleman's name but he gave me a card with Luis Elizalde's name, so perhaps that's him) was amazing. I would not hesitate to use you again and again. Our event moves across the country every year. Next year we are in Chicago. If you are there, let me know!

Lennon · Married on 10/19/2013

Gil's was great! All of our guests have raves about how this was the best wedding food they have ever had! Everyone was very professional and very attentive the night of! Thank you!!

Lisa · event on 09/30/2013

We had a limited budget to work with and Gil's was able to create a menu for our group that was plentiful and delicious! The event staff were very pleasant and catered to our needs. I have planned many events over the years and I greatly appreciated the fact that I was able to enjoy the event without having to follow-up with any unmet needs.

Sent on 10/23/2013

liz · Married on 09/07/2013

The one constant comment at my daughter's wedding was about the food and how great it was. I personally thought it was the best wedding food I have ever had. Gil's staff did an awesome job. We almost doubled our guest list at the last minute and they had no problem with handling that.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Karen · Married on 09/07/2013

Gil's Elegant Catering provided superior food and service at the wedding reception of our daughter and new son in law. Brenda, the director of catering, was so helpful in creating the perfect menu and service plan. Our complements go to Luis. The steak and chicken were unbelievably tender and cooked to perfection. In addition, the presentation was impressive. I read so many articles that said don't expect a four star meal at a wedding reception. Well, I think it is fair to say you can EXPECT that from Gil's Elegant Catering. It was delicious and our guests commented the same. The wait staff were attentive and anticipated the needs of our guest throughout the evening. The dinner was served hot in a timely efficient manner, glasses were refilled and the tables were cleared effortlessly. The bartender staff were pleasant and professional. Honestly, the best word I can think of is AMAZING. Gil's Elegant Catering exceeded our expectations Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • User3511328 · event on 08/24/2013

Everyone enjoyed the food and the event went very smoothly. Everyone liked that they were met as they were coming in to the facility with Canapes and wine. Luiz the floor manager went above and beyond helping out when there was a mix-up at the beginning of the event (not Gil's fault). Thank you for doing such a great job!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/20/2013

Gil's was awesome... Everything was perfect and organized and I got so many compliments on the food... Couldn't be happier with the service and everyone who helped!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2013

Perfect! Gil's helped us create the perfect menu for our brunch theme! We were able to do a tasting before locking down the menu! I loved that they also brought all flatware, dishes, and stemware!

Many of my guests commented that this was the best wedding food they have ever had! They even pack a "to-go" bag for the bride and groom, because you will NOT get to eat during your reception!

Price was wonderful and we couldn't have done better!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Gil's Elegant Catering's reply:

Lauren - Im so happy you loved it all. We had a great time at your wedding and thank you again for choosing Gils!!! Cheers to you!

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

Gil's did such a great job at our wedding! Jackie is so fun and helpful to work with and she takes care of everything! Their food is amazing, we got lots of compliments on it! The staff set up a little table in the bridal room of our reception site for us to take a few minutes to relax, eat, drink, and be alone before we went out to mingle and dance, which was perfect! They also packed a little cooler with more food and some cake to put in our car for when we got back to the hotel, and it was exactly what we needed. Thank you!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Stacey · Married on 06/01/2013

Brenda and the team at Gil's were just excellent. I was able to customize our menu beyond just the package I was originally presented. Brenda goes far and above what I expected of a caterer. Many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was at our wedding. I loved working with Gil's!

Sent on 06/28/2013

We decided to create our own entrees and sides and price shop from that point between caterers. Gil's created what we asked for and it was delicious when we taste tested at their location. Their location is in between Dallas and Fort Worth in an industrial area which explains why they are able to price their food so low.

We continued to shop around for other vendors (floral, DJ, etc...) and everyone kept saying how Gil's had the best service. We signed up for several open houses they had and their food continued to stay really good and their servers friendly.

At our wedding people ranted and raved about the quality of the food, the abundance of food (trust me we didnt have a huge budget), and how attentive the servers were. They had food at our table for us the second we sat down and made sure we were accommodated. My guests say they felt the same way.

Jackie Hickey was our captain and she did a phenomenal job. Everything went perfect, and they might have been our best vendor. I would use them again for any event I have in the future.

Sent on 02/11/2013

beverly · Married on 04/28/2012

Probably the best wedding reception food I have ever eaten! 170 guests and the buffet style food was hot/warm and very tasty. The pork tenderlion carving station was delicious; the pork was so tender you did not need a knife to cut it and the raspberry chipolte sauce was perfect. The lobster tortilleni was very tasty, as was the stuffed chicken, southwest salad, and twice baked potatoes. The crab cakes and chipolte pork on sweet potato pancake appetizers were excellent.
    The staff were right on top of things at the reception; making sure there was always warm food on the buffet; cleared plates as needed at the tables, and attended to the guests wishes. They were very attentive to the bride and groom and also parents thruout the evening.
    Jackie was great to work with; she was always available by phone and would offer suggestions as needed and always willing to make changes if we desired. Very reasonable pricing; we did compare with other caterers and Gil's got our vote on every thing we were concerned about. Tastings were also available; they worked with our busy schedules.
    Many of our guests complemented Gil's on their food and service; it was a great dining experience.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Laura · Married on 03/24/2012

Gil's was excellent! Very professional. The food was DELICIOUS! Everyone raved about it.

Sent on 03/25/2012