Gil's Elegant Catering Reviews

92 Reviews for Gil's Elegant Catering

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Decision You Will Make on Your Wedding Day

Seriously!!! Wow! Gil's Elegant Catering blew it out of the park on my wedding day! From contacting Gil's to the tasting, everything was so easy and fun! Jackie at Gil's elegant catering went above and beyond. At the tasting we wanted to try the steak with a different sauce and they brought it out right away! All the food was delicious. All of my guests said they never had such amazing food at a wedding before. They personalize everything for you! Easiest and best decision you can make on your wedding day!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Megan Rommel · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing food and amazing service!

By far, the most impressive catering company we met with - Jackie is so professional, responsive and friendly, and answered any questions we had. She was so knowledgeable about how the evening would flow, and how food stations would work throughout the event, and provided us great advice during the planning process. The food is UNREAL - every item delicious, displays are beautiful, and the staff is so attentive. Everyone raved about the food. Gil's hosts public events to give you time to experience their food and service, but they also do private tastings - and Jackie provided everything we wanted to try, including creating her version of a unique St Louis tradition that my fiancé was adamant about having. Can't speak more highly of this company - don't waste your time anywhere else.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Annie · Married on 10/27/2018

Fantastic Service!

We hired Gil's for our wedding and they were absolutely fantastic! From start to finish, the service was top notch. Jackie was our point of contact and was very responsive throughout the whole process. We were able to do a food tasting prior to booking and knew from the quality of food and the service that we wanted to book Gil's. Our guests raved about the food and had nothing but great things to say about the staff. Book Gil's! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Kimberly · Married on 09/08/2018

Delicious food, fabulous displays, great service

Gil's was absolutely AMAZING! We had them cater our wedding at the Dallas Arboretum, and I cannot speak highly enough of them. They made the wedding day easy, and the food was fabulous. Delicious food, great display and great service! Brenda was my contact from the day I first requested information, and she was at our wedding making sure it was flawless. If my glass was empty, she was there filling it up. She even gave us a to-go box at the end of the night with some snacks, our wedding cake, and champagne to enjoy at our hotel afterwards! Everything was spot on and our guests raved about the food (and drinks) saying it was some of the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Overall, Gil's was one of the best vendors we picked for our wedding and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Cass · Married on 10/28/2017

My parents and fiance at the time all went to the tasting with me, and Jackie treated us like royalty. She asked questions, answered questions, and really let us design a custom catering menu with passed apps, some served and some buffet, served and bar-tended alcohol, cake cutting, and late night pass. We changed our bar menu a few times, and they were happy to accommodate us each time, and it turned out perfectly. The food and the service were above and beyond - I cannot thank Jackie and her team enough for providing such excellent service and great tasting food!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Joann · Married on 08/19/2017

Gil's was AMAZING! I cannot speak highly enough of them and how easy (and delicious) they made my wedding day! Ethel was on site the day of the wedding and she ensured everything went according to plan. If my glass was empty, she was there filling it up! Prior to the wedding day, we had a couple different taste tests with Gil's and they always accommodated our schedule as out-of-towners. Thank you Gils for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2017

Jackie, Alberto and the Gil's Team were so amazing to work with. From the responsiveness of emails from the get go, to the personal tasting with Jackie and Alberto, to the grand finale of our wedding, Gil's was absolutely top notch. Their food is phenomenal and very upscale. Our guests are still raving about the passed hors d'oeuvre and the melt in your mouth chicken piccata. Alberto and his team did the best job the day of the wedding. He always made sure my groom and I had what we needed food and drink wise. He was so attentive to our needs throughout the night. Look NO further, because Gil's is the caterer you need to use if you want the best food, drinks and service for your wedding!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Gil's for our wedding at the Dallas Arboretum and it was all so delicious! We received lots of compliments on the food - the fact that it was served promptly and was actually still hot! Brenda was so great to work with, made sure no detail went unnoticed, and was very clear about the whole process! She made the whole planning process a breeze! The night of the wedding, they also had a little to-go box for us with snacks, our cake, and champagne!
    The team for our wedding was so awesome and we could not be more pleased with our experience!

Sent on 06/26/2017
  • April

April · Married on 01/07/2017

We had a very hard time picking out our food for the wedding. So many caterers had confusing menu options or didn't really have what we were looking for. Then we met with Brenda and everything changed. Brenda is amazing and she was there every step of the way. Her menus and packages are super straightforward and there is no pressure at all. She did a great job explaining our options and giving her input. For example, we added salmon (based on Brenda's suggestion) for an extra $2 and it was a hit with all the guests. Gil's even threw in a free late night snack for all our guests for booking so early.

Gil's won't disappoint. They go above and beyond, the food was phenomenal (many guests saying it was the best meal they ever had) and their service is top notch. And they are extremely budget friendly. Brenda and her team are the real deal.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Mariya · Married on 09/04/2016

Brenda, Alberto, and the whole team did an amazing job with our wedding. They were very accommodating to customizing what we wanted and made it happen exactly that way. Everyone has told us over and over how great the food was! Presentation was beautiful, service was great, drinks and food were all great. They did a great job working with us prior to the event and delivered with perfection. Thank you!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kelsey · Married on 04/16/2016

Gil's was so easy to work with and all of the food/drinks were amazing! I would definitely recommend them for any catering needs!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/24/2015

Highly recommended. Brenda and Edith were on top of everything. There were a few minor bumps but all were quickly and well resolved. The food was delicious (I hear because if didn't eat any!). But they very kindly brought myself and my broom prepared plates to eat asap as well as some appetizers in a separate room before we entered the venue. They must have flawlessly done the toast and cake serving because I didn't notice a hitch. My wedding coordinator said they were very helpful in the breakdown as well.

Sent on 11/04/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Gil's for your wedding catering! All the staff is wonderful and very informative. Gil's offers multiple FREE open house events throughout the year. They're great way to try out all the foods before your tasting. We received so many compliments on the food at the wedding! Choose Gil's!!! The also have very fair pricing for such high quality food!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Traci · Married on 08/01/2015

We were so happy that we chose Gil's for our daughter's wedding reception. The food was phenomenal - from the appetizers down to the late night snack of milk and warm cookies. Our guests were blown away by the quality of the food and the service. Brenda and Edith were great to work with and always quick to respond to our questions. We would not hesitate to use them again!

Sent on 08/14/2015

They ran everything perfectly. Jackie and Edith is who I worked with and I have never been so stress free while arranging an event. There price point is really on point for how good the food is and they really go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect. If you are considering anyone else don't, they are who you want on your big day.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Gina · Married on 06/20/2015

Gil's catered my daughter's wedding reception at the Dallas Arboretum/Rosine Hall
    and it was SPECTACULAR! Everything was absolutely perfect!! We served salmon,
    chicken asiago, veggies, salad, rolls. The guests had nothing but praises to the chef.
    Gil's staff was also wonderful, professional, very easy to work with. They were flawless
    the entire night. I HIGHLY recommend Gil's to all my Brides. Wonderful service,
    Exquisite cuisine, great pricing, and Brenda is delightful to work with!
    Gina Hansen, Roses & More Florist

Sent on 06/29/2015

Awesome food, awesome service. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Blake · Married on 04/26/2015

My guests loved the food. Their panco crusted Mac n cheese got raved reviews that I still here about a month after the wedding! Loved the ribeye and chicken!!! Jackie is amazing and so is all her staff!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015

Gil's went above & beyond for our big day. We tasted their food a few different times and they allowed us to customize a menu with the items we liked best. The whole process was easy & stress-free and everyone is still talking about how delicious the food and their homemade sangria was. The whole team was so kind and we absolutely adore Brenda!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Becky · Married on 04/11/2015

We got married at the Dallas Arboretum, and Gil's was one of the preferred catering vendors. We spoke with all of the vendors on the preferred list, and even did a tasting with another one, but Gil's was BY FAR the best company! Other vendors charge for every single item (champagne glasses for the toast, coffee cups, napkins, etc.). Gil's included all of the rentals except table linens (and they were very clear about that at the start and provided a realistic quote for that cost). At our first meeting, it was clear that Brenda knew how to run a wedding. I trusted her immediately. The Arboretum has a very condensed and strict timeline (7-11pm), so it was very important that the reception be efficient and run smoothly. Brenda put together an awesome menu (the highlights for me were mesquite smoked salmon and loaded mashed potatoes). Our guests raved about how quickly they went through the buffet line and how tasty the food was. Even my vegetarian/vegan guests were happy with their special meals! At the end of the night, Marina (the catering captain) sent us home with cake, snacks, and champagne. I am so, so happy that we chose Gil's!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Gil's was amazing. Brenda had all sorts of ideas for food and the timing of the food at the reception. My husband had his homebrew at the reception and Brenda helped distribute it and set up a little tasting station. The food was delicious and there was a great variety for all different people. I would definitly use them again!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Dana · Married on 10/19/2014

The food was wonderful! We continue to get comments from friends and family about how delicious everything was. Service was wonderful and they are great to work with. Fantastic catering company that works to customize the menu for the special day!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2014

Great spread, excellent choices and an excellent staff!

We had Gil's cater our wedding reception and were very pleased with the experience, food and the service. The guests gave great reviews on the mac and cheese bar and we received many compliments on the presentations at the action stations they set up. Our guests also loved the late night snacks, breakfast tacos that were passed around at the end of the night. My favorite thing Gil's did was provide us with a take home of breakfast tacos, snacks and wedding cake at the end of the reception!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Bethany · Married on 09/05/2014

We hired Gil's to do our wedding and it proved to be a great choice! Jackie is a sweetheart and has wonderful ideas to compliment even unusual themes ( ours was a fifties retro theme). The food was spectacular and I have received numerous complements on it! The servers were extremely attentive and always busy at work enhancing the service. They served myself and my husband at our table and ensured we actually ate ( unlike many newlyweds) and made sure we and all of our guests were taken care of! If you are looking for 5 star service Gil's is definitely the way to go!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Lorry · Married on 07/26/2014

I wish I could give higher than a "5". Jackie and the entire team that was involved was wonderful.

Sent on 08/02/2014