Gibson Photographics Reviews

Reviews

100% Recommended by couples

Kristin Sent on 12/04/2018

Amazing, wonderful, fun

Christy did our engagement and wedding pictures and they were both AMAZING!! I can’t stop getting compliments from people!
    She is so fun and easy to work with and completely understands exactly what you want.
    She will definitely be my go-to girl for everything else in the future!
    Haley Sent on 08/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy is an amazingly talented photographer and I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else there on my wedding day!! She is such a pleasure to work with and the photos we have so far are unbelievable. Christy is professional, super responsive, and she has a great eye for using the best features of the venue in her shots! I would highly recommend her!
    Lauren Sent on 08/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with Christy was an absolute pleasure. We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with her and everything turned out beautiful! Neither my husband nor I love taking photos but Christy made our experience fun and enjoyable. I would recommend her in a heartbeat for anyone looking for a fantastic photographer for their wedding.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Antoinette Sent on 10/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy was incredible to work with. After booking my venue a photographer was the next on my list. The first time I met with Christy I knew she was the one I wanted to work with. Her ability to understand and execute my vision is what set her apart from the others I met with. She just seemed to get me and my fiance. The engagement pictures were included in the package we chose and she was flexible in traveling to our location that was about 90 minutes outside of Columbus. The pictures came out amazing which made us more excited for the wedding pictures. And the wedding pictures didn’t disappoint either. She was able to keep us on time and get all the shots we wanted. Both Christys (second shooter) went above and beyond to get some great candid shots. Her pricing was fair and well worth the investment. She clearly communicated everything I needed to know so there were no surprises during the planning process or the big day. The pictures were done is a reasonable amount of time considering our wedding was during a busy time and she had a lot of other weddings around the same time. We never felt we were not a priority and she was very responsive whenever I had a question. She was so great to work with and I can’t wait to work with her again!
    Megan Sent on 11/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Christy's are an amazing team! They made our wedding photo experience so easy and we felt so comfortable during the process. They even pushed us a little bit (every great model needs a push, right?) and our pictures were AWESOME. Definitely recommend. 10000%
  • Amanda
    Amanda Sent on 10/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't say enough amazing things about Christy Gibson! She is a sweet and fun person, and her warm personality shows in her photography style. Christy was very easy to work with in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding; I instantly felt comfortable with her both on the phone and in person. She fit in very well with our families, too! Everyone loved her and felt comfortable having her snap photos. We received a sneak peak a few days after our wedding and cannot to see more of what Christy captured for our day. Thank you so much, Christy!
  • Tarrah
    Tarrah Sent on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy (and Christy) are literally THE BEST! My husband and I are both awkward with attention and they both made us feel super comfortable. Christy G did our engagement pictures 2 years ago and we are STILL obsessed with them. She was very "go-with-the-flow", had great suggestions and was just so friendly and personable that it was like an instant friendship. For our wedding day, Christy even drove around our hotel to scope out cool places to take pictures. I am still waiting on them but the sneak peaks prove that they will be amazing. We can't wait to use Christy for all of our milestones to come!
    Amanda Sent on 09/20/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't say enough good things about Christy! She is so warm and personable - it felt like a close family friend was taking our pictures. Christy did our engagement pics as well as our wedding. My hubby has an unusual schedule and we had to reschedule our engagement shoot a couple of times, but Christy was so flexible and understanding. Our pictures turned out amazing! And Christy even had a sneak peek of our pics on facebook the next day! On our wedding day, Christy was so great at keeping us on schedule, and making sure she got the shots that I really wanted, and didn't waste time on a bunch of posed family/wedding party pictures that I didn't really care as much about. I cannot wait to see them all! Of the ~30 she's posted on facebook I am absolutely blown away by how beautiful they are! If you are looking for a photographer, I promise you won't regret going with Christy!
  • User2208730 Sent on 07/02/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Love love love Christy! She did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. She is the sweetest person you will work with. She listened and made sure our day went smoothly. Her work is amazing! Everyone has given me such high compliments on both engagement and wedding pictures. Her gazebo shot she did of us reminds of pictures in bridal magazines. She is very talented but most of all is a great person to work with! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!
  • User2146192 Sent on 05/25/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If I could give ten stars for value, I would have. Christy listened to my wants and needs from the first meeting. We met at a location that was convenient for me; that went a long way in my book. I absolutely love her work. I loved her pictures from previous weddings and I love the sample pictures from mine...I can't WAIT to see the rest. She uses light in such artistic ways; it makes her photos so unique and beautiful. I can't say enough about how happy I was with choosing the Christy's. They made my wedding day so fun and memorable.
    Shannon Sent on 12/14/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had a great experience with Christy and her team! She did our engagement and wedding pictures and made everyone feel so comfortable. The entire planning process went so smoothly and took stress off of us during planning. Having all of the pictures after the wedding made printing and sharing them so easy. We love our pictures and have received countless compliments on them. The pictures were the perfect mix between posed pictures and candid ones. The night session at the reception pictures were amazing and we framed all of them! I cannot say enough good things about choosing Gibson Photographics for your wedding pictures!
    Cassie Sent on 07/12/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I cannot use enough words to explain how much my family enjoyed working with her. She captured our beautiful day SO well and was an absolute joy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend this photographer for weddings or any other needed photography. She is so talented!
    Amy Sent on 06/10/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved all of my vendors, but this one in particular. I chose Christy Gibson based on her reviews here on wedding wire, and boy were they right! Christy turned out to not only be our photographer, but someone we would consider a friend too. She captured so many precious moments during our engagement sessions and the wedding, plus I surprised my groom with a boudoir shoot the night before our wedding also! Christy and Christy 2 always made us feel comfortable, relaxed no matter what the environment. Their artistic eye and uncanny ability to catch those special moments is definitely one of their specialties! Highly recommended to absolutely anyone looking for a top-notch photographer.
    Kristin Sent on 10/08/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We originally found Christy Gibson of Gibson Photographics on WeddingWire last year when we were starting our planning. We met with her for a consult and knew that we'd get along great :) We had our engagement photo session a few months prior to the wedding so we could get a feel for Christy's style and she could get a feel for us as a couple, and she was wonderful to work with! We knew we'd be in good hands at the wedding. When the wedding day came this past weekend (10/5/13), Christy and her assistant (also Christy) were amazing -- they even helped my bridesmaids figure out how to tie the back of my dress correctly! The weather was really spotty on the day of the wedding and Christy was totally flexible about us moving the ceremony indoors, but still managed to shoot nearly all of the photos we wanted outside at the Darby House before the rain started up again. Several times during the evening, she offered to take guests' cameras to snap pictures for them so they could be a part of the group photos too. Christy and her assistant were super friendly throughout the whole 8 hours! Although it's too early to have the photos back, I know we will have amazing photos of our big day :)

Side note: Christy has a big heart -- we've had some serious medical issues hit our family in the time that we've known her, and she was always there to listen to our concerns about how those issues would impact the big day! It's obvious that wedding photography isn't just a job to Christy, she's truly passionate about getting to know each and every one of the couples she works with so that she can truly capture their story and their personalities in her photos.
  • User1106262 Sent on 03/09/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy Gibson was recommended to me from a friend. I checked out her website and really liked what I saw. We scheduled a meeting with her and immediately knew we wanted to use her. We clicked right away and after having us hang out with us all day, I think she is the type of person that gets along with everyone! Christy and her assistant make everything so effortless. I am not usually comfortable with all eyes on me or even taking pictures but they were so relaxed and easy to work with that I didn’t even think about everyone looking at me. They also help you stick to your schedule which was a HUGE help! The day is such a rush anyways so having them keep me on track was amazing. Christy also has a very good working relationship with Buckeye Entertainment which we used for our DJ and Photo booth. They both worked together to keep the reception moving on time and they were able stay in sync during the special moments like cake cutting and dances. We just received our sneak peak from Christy and honestly every picture is amazing. I highly recommend Gibson Photographic and will be using them in the future for family pictures!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Sent on 03/31/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The first time I met Christy, I felt as if I knew her forever. She is the best to work with, and always on top of her emails. Christy is not only your photographer but she's very good at helping everything stay organized on such a hectic day (and the many hectic days leading up to the big day)! She is extremely affordable and her pictures are unbelievable! I could literally go on and on about how great she was, but I'll just say that I will highly recommend Christy to anyone and everyone in the future.
    Ashley Sent on 11/05/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Totally worth the price you pay for her! She captures your special day like none other and we had a blast doing it. Christy did both our engagement and wedding photos and we love, love, love them. They were absolutely perfect!

Gibson Photographics's reply:

Ashley! Thank you SO much for the kind review! You guys were so much fun to work with! We will never forget our time with you!
    Cathy Sent on 10/12/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When we started to look at photographers I was SHOCKED at the cost. We were also apprehensive, though, about going with someone on the opposite side of cost spectrum. After we met Christy, we realized that we were getting an amazing bang for our buck. We booked Christy nearly a year in advance. Over the year, she was there to answer any questions we had and was able to make recommendations for other vendors. Christy was very flexible. We had to adjust our time schedule several times due to the health needs of my in-laws. The day of the wedding Christy was a calming force. She kept checking in with me to make sure I was okay and to ask if I needed a break. During the ceremony and reception she and her assistant took a TON of pictures, yet it didn't even seem like they were there. We just got back the preview of some of the pictures. They are amazing. I am so thankful for Christy, and her assistant Maria, for helping to make my day amazing.

Gibson Photographics's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We had so much fun with you! I am so glad we were there with you! xoxoxo
    Kristal Sent on 07/20/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy is absolutely amazing! We were lucky enough to have Christy do both our engagement and wedding photos! She is SO easy to work with, and made both my husband and I feel at ease. She is not only a great photographer, but is also great at helping to answer any questions related to planning the wedding and at keeping the bride sane during a very stressful time! She was outstanding at communicating with me, often returning e-mails within the hour! Her assistant for the wedding was also amazing! They had great ideas and worked so well together making the whole picture taking process so efficient (which was important since it was 105 degrees on the day of our wedding and we wanted outside photos)! I can't recommend her enough!
    Jenny Sent on 07/11/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Photography was the one thing I cared most about for our wedding because I wanted to capture the day as perfectly as possible. From the second I met Christy I knew she was the one for us. I could go on on about how wonderful she is but I want to touch on some really important things every Bride should know. She is such a beautiful person inside and out and I will cherish every email, phone call and moment I was able to spend with her. First of all her work is beautiful, period. She gets to know her couples personally so their style and personality is captured in her work. Everyone has a different style and she is able to capture this with everyone which makes her so diverse. Her communication is impeccable, she responds to emails almost instantly. She takes notes on everything! For example, I had a few ideas for our engagement session as well as wedding day that I wanted to do and she wrote everything down to make sure we got everything. She even brought a folder the day of the wedding with everything we discussed at previous meetings. She returns sneak peeks of pictures very quickly. The day after we got back from our honemoon we were able to see our sneak peek! She is so incredibly talented and has built her business from the ground up. She truly loves what she does and you can see it in her work; she goes above and beyond to make her couples happy. You cannot go wrong with Christy! Don't make the mistake of choosing anyone else!
    Paula Sent on 10/22/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy was amazing! She was so incredibly fantastic to work with and just looking at our sneak peek... the photos look amazing! we planned our wedding long distance and she was very accommodating. i would recommend her in a heart beat!
    Laura Sent on 09/20/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy was absolutely amazing to work with! We have been so happy with all of our photos and her wonderful personality just made her a pleasure to be around the whole day! We will be happily recommending Gibson Photographics to future brides!
    J Sent on 10/06/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    One word. AWESOME! I read someone elses recommendation on her, I totally agree and will restate it. Girls, if you don't hire her right now and you are missing out. She is so friendly and just down right excited to be able to work with you. I told her I couldnt pay the full price for the package I wanted and she worked with me to get me what I could afford. She was on time and the second photographer was great as well. We liked them so much we had them sit with our guests for dinner. I have no doubt our pictures will be fantastic when we get them back! Thank you Christy!
    Erin Sent on 04/06/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Christy is an amazing, amazing photographer, and person. She has a great eye for photos, and how to get the great shots. I was recommended to Christy by a friend, and once I met with her we didn't even look at anyone else 1 interview with a photographer, and she was the right one! She was so personable and easy to talk to that she made the choice so easy, she was excited for our Nintendo themed wedding and willing to work with whatever we threw at her. Her value is amazing, you can't find quality like hers for the price she offers. She is with you through the whole process talking, about how things will run and making it feel so less stressful than the wedding planning normally is. We had so much fun with our engagement photos she had great ideas, I actually did a private session with her for a gift to my husband, and it was a really great experience, and he loved the photos, the professionalism she had when doing that shoot was stellar. Our wedding day she was on the game taking great pictures of those candid moments of getting ready, her assistant had awesome photo ideas for the guys, Christy was on chairs getting pictures from above, she was on the floor getting pictures of one of our guest doing the worm she never stopped, and for that I got so so many wonderful photos that I cherish and love, and have been hanging around the house. I can't wait to work with Christy again when she does my maternity photos< I am not pregnant yet, but I already know who will take those photos>. She did such an amazing job that my maid of honor will be using her for her wedding this summer. Christy your an amazing artist, photographer, and now I can call a friend thank you for making wonderful memories for us.
  • Emily
    Emily Sent on 06/07/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I could not be happier. Christy was so kind and helpful during the entire wedding process. Not only that, she's an AMAZING photographer. We are SO happy with our photos - the creativity, style, and variety are perfect. Just check out her website and you will see what a great artist she is. We had to plan our Columbus wedding from Washington, DC, and Christy was so flexible and easy to work with. Christy shot our engagement photos and our wedding photos. You will not be disappointed!
illustration stars