Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club Reviews

Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 1
Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 2
Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 3

Lydia · Married on 06/15/2013

We had our wedding and reception at Gettysvue. Lindsay and the team there are amazing!!!!!!! As a bride that planned my own wedding and lives out of town, it would not have been the day it was without Lindsay. She is on top of every detail leading up to the day and makes sure that the day of goes smoothly, too. Gettysvue is gorgeous...the grounds, the ballroom, the bar area, even the locker room and lounge area where the wedding party gets ready is beautiful!! We couldn't have been happier! All of our guests have said how beautiful it was, how perfect the location was, and how incredible the food was!! As you know, most people come to a wedding to eat and drink....so if the venue is pretty, but the food is awful...guests will remember the awful food more. At Gettysvue you get both - beautiful venue and AMAZING food!!!!! Thank you Lindsay and Gettysvue for an absolutely perfect wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Kate · Married on 05/18/2013

Everything was wonderful! Lindsay was great! We had an amazing experience! Thank you!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Lindsey was excellent to work with, the food was wonderful, and almost all our guests stated that it was the best wedding reception they had been too. So glad we were able to have our reception there.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Kristin · Married on 04/27/2013

Lindsay Morgan of Gettysvue Country Club helped make my event the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Katy · Married on 05/12/2012

Lindsay is the catering/wedding coordinator at Gettysvue. She did an awesome job helping me plan and get everything set up for the wedding. She was also able to order additional rental stuff from the rental company for me so I just told her exactly what I wanted and it was there perfectly for my big day. Everything went great and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day. And our pictures on the golf course turned out great!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Mary · Married on 09/24/2011

Lindsay and her team were so helpful, exceeded our expectations, and really made our reception perfect. She was easily accessible during the planning process, and answered all of my questions very promptly. The food was great and the venue was beautiful. We were thrilled with the whole event.

Sent on 11/09/2011

trish · Married on 08/20/2011

Our daughter had her wedding reception at Gettysvue in August. It was the perfect site for their reception! The staff was incredibly knowledgeable, gracious, and so helpful throughout the entire process. We were especially impressed with their event manager...Lindsay was fabulous!!! In addition to the wonderful facilities, the food was delicious and displayed beautifully. I would like to thank everyone at Gettysvue for helping to make the evening PERFECT and I highly recommend them for your event!

Kathy · Married on 06/18/2011

Lindsay was amazing to work with. There ws nothing "hidden". The contract was clear. She helped with suggestions, and provided the sample fare. We took care of our own decorations, entertainment and program. We had control over every aspect. Gettsvue provided the venue, and the staff. There was absolutly no glich our our perfect day! Thank you Lindsay and the staff at Gettysvue!

In fact, our wedding guests were so impressed that we now schedule our corporate Christmas Party at this facility...TOP NOTCH!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 02/14/2011

We had our wedding reception here only. Gettysvue is a beautiful facility with a variety of locations for good wedding portraits. We had a full buffet with an open bar. The food was absolutely delicious! It was a better value to have a set add-on fee per guest for the open bar as opposed to paying “by the drink” so we were glad that this option was available. There were a wide selection of menu options to choose from for the buffet which were all very good when we sampled them. The chef even made an appetizer special for us that was not on the menu for no extra cost! The event coordinator (Lindsay) and the staff were amazing! Lindsay, in particular, was very detail-oriented and would respond to emails & questions quickly. She was extremely helpful with suggestions & recommended an excellent DJ. She was very knowledgeable about all aspects of hosting/coordinating our reception (& also knew what to do when I got a lipstick smear on my dress, thank goodness!) The staff was very attentive to our guests. Everyone had a great time. We could not be happier with our wedding reception at Gettysvue Country Club and definitely recommend this venue.

Vivian · Married on 10/06/2018

I recently had my daughters wedding reception at Gettysvue and it went amazingly well. The staff was extremely helpful with the setup and provided excellent service during the event. The food was well prepared and enjoyed by all. They were very flexible to work with and allowed me to share ideas while providing ideas of their own to make the reception run smoothly. Taylor, the event director, was a joy to work with while providing professional support. While concerned that I could not get all 150 guests in one room, it did not seem to have been a problem with guests. They all were able to gather in the main dining room for toasts, cake cutting and dancing. Gettysvue also offered vendor selections to fill in gaps. The Gettysvue clubhouse and grounds provides a beautiful locale for wedding portraits. I could not been happier with my daughters wedding reception. I highly recommend Gettysvue as a choice for a wedding reception venue.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Cory

Cory · Married on 10/27/2018

Stunning Venue

I booked this venue early last year with a different planner so when I found out there was a new one halfway through I was a little nervous. Taylor came on and she was amazing and extremely helpful with the entire process. She was nice to accommodate meeting times and answered any random question. The day of my wedding was perfect and the staff was so amazing! I did not have to worry about anything! They even took polaroids for my guest! This is such a stunning venue and with everything included I would choose it over and over again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 4
    Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 5
    Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 6

Alice · Married on 09/16/2017

The entire staff at Gettysvue made my wedding day so smooth and stress-free. They exceeded our expectations and my reception there was perfect! The event coordinator Carrie was so pleasant to work with. She made the entire planning process so easy!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/18/2015

Lindsey and her staff at Gettysvue were outstanding. I did not have to worry about anything and everything went smoothly. I can't think of one thing other than the threat of rain during the ceremony that did not go as planned. Even with the threat of rain, LIndsey was quick with an alternate plan for our ceremony.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Gettysvue was an absolutely beautiful location for our wedding reception. The views are amazing and there are so many locations for beautiful pictures. The staff is very helpful, especially the events coordinator, Lindsay. The amenities, service, and overall location were great. We could not have asked for a better day!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Heather · Married on 05/12/2018

We chose Gettysvue for three reasons: (1) the venue is beautiful, (2) the price was great (surprisingly to us) and (3) it's really a one-stop shop. We lived in Pittsburgh, PA when we first started wedding planning. Planning from a distance can be a challenge, but Gettysvue made it easy.

Pros: We didn't have to find vendors for tables, chairs, catering, bartenders, etc. Gettysvue had it all! Carrie was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive to emails and always accommodated me when I wanted to stop by. She was extremely organized and made sure everything went according to schedule. The bartenders and servers were on point and make sure everyone had a good time (responsibly, of course). Finally, before you count out a country club because you think the cost is too high, do the math. When we looked at what we'd be spending with an a la carte venue + catering + rentals vs. Gettysvue's all inclusive model, the costs were pretty similar.

Cons: The changing/locker room areas are not very picturesque. That was not an issue for us, however if you are planning to have photographs taken of the getting ready process, it may be something to consider. Also, if you are planning for a large crowd, Gettysvue may not be for you. We ended up with about 105 guests, but I think it would have been cramped if we had many more. Plus, if you have more than 75ish, your guest tables will have to be split between the main ballroom and the bar. Again, not a huge problem overall, but it does silo your guests a bit. Finally, the food at the wedding was not up to the standard of our food tasting. I understand it's much more difficult to get everything perfect with that many guests, but it's something to keep in mind.

All that being said, Gettysvue is a wonderful venue for a medium-size wedding, and what's included with your cost is 100% worth it. Would certainly recommend!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2011

Gettysvue is beautiful and the staff, especially Lindsay, are fantastic. So helpful and they have great suggestions! I would recommend Gettysvue 100%.

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/16/2011

Loved this venue! Everything went perfect and the staff were very friendly and on top of making sure everything ran smoothly!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Lilly · Married on 05/14/2011

Over all it was a great experience and yes they were very flexible with last minute changes etc. The food was good and the scenery outside for pictures was awesome. Lindsey, although very busy, did a great job.

Sent on 11/09/2011

We had our wedding reception for ~140 people at GCC. The rooms and the decor are beautiful, and the atmosphere is classy but comfortable - exactly what we were looking for. We got ready in the locker rooms before the ceremony and took pictures on the golf course. This worked out very nicely, and it was a beautiful setting. During the reception, I liked that there were different rooms and that we could set up different things in each one, but it did make certain events that everyone wants to see a bit more tricky since all the people had to crowd into the main ballroom. Lindsay Newman was good to work with throughout the planning process. She was very willing to help and very easygoing, though we did have to reiterate some of the details of what we wanted a few times for her, and a few things we'd talked about didn't make it to the event. All the food at our reception was wonderful (so I'm told), and the lunch we ordered for our attendants while they were getting ready was delicious. This is certainly a perk of Gettysvue. The price for food is pretty steep, especially with the extra service charge of 20%, but it's fairly comparable to what you'll find from most caterers of this quality, I think. One downside of Gettysvue's catering is that even though you order and pay for all the food, you don't get to keep the leftovers. They packed us up a few individual plates at the end, which was nice, but it's a shame to pay so much and have so much go to waste. During the reception, Lindsay and the other staff managed the food and drink stations, but my parents still had to point out to the staff several times when drinks or food needed to be replenished. Probably the best thing about Gettysvue is the rental price. They were far less expensive than some of the other venues we looked at, and far nicer at that. Certainly a good option to consider for special events.

Sent on 07/30/2014
  • User3205482 · 2+ years ago

3.0

The venue was beautiful and still glad we chose it but several employees treated us differently since we were not members of the club. We didn't feel welcome by everyone but still a beautiful wedding and place for our reception. Overall it still turned out nice.

Sent on 05/25/2014