Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club Reviews

Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 2
Gettysvue Polo, Golf & Country Club 3
  • the Grooms

Edward · Married on 05/19/2018

Carrie was great to work with at Gettysvue! She was so informative about vendors and current trends. Her calm presence kept us calm and we appreciate that. Chef Robert created some amazing food! Our guests talked for days about the food we had and how it was hands down the best food they've had at a wedding before. We are so happy with our day and what Gettysvue did to make it perfect!

Lynn · Married on 10/07/2017

Wonderful guidance and assistance for my son's wedding was received from the planning stage and throughout the entire event. The competence of the Gettysvue staff in managing all aspects of the ceremony and reception made it possible for the bride, groom, and their families to focus on the celebration and their guests. The event from beginning to end was a wonderful experience.

Alice · Married on 09/16/2017

The entire staff at Gettysvue made my wedding day so smooth and stress-free. They exceeded our expectations and my reception there was perfect! The event coordinator Carrie was so pleasant to work with. She made the entire planning process so easy!

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2017

Carrie was amazing and the reception was exceptional. Many commented on how good the food was. All servers were totally on top of all our needs. I would highly recommend Gettysvue to anyone needing a party venue.

Jane · Married on 07/01/2017

Gettysvue Country Club provided a magnificent event space for our wedding ceremony and reception! Carrie, the Private Event Director, was excellent to work with on planning our event. Carrie was a great partner in the wedding planning process, and helped me reached decisions regarding the structure and flow of the wedding events. The Restaurant Staff were amazing and the wedding guests loved all the food and beverage service. Gettysvue is a great wedding venue since they do not double book events on your wedding day. There is a large ladies lounge and gentlemens locker room for day-of prepping for the wedding. We were able to have an all indoor wedding ceremony and reception, which is very difficult to accommodate at other local venue spaces. It was also very nice to be able to have a venue that provided onsite food and beverage services. Gettysvue offers a lot of wedding package options to choose from, and are very accommodating to special requests as well. I felt like any wedding planning requests that my husband and I needed were met, and I never felt that we were limited in any way on making our wedding day how we wanted. Carrie also did a wonderful job working with our other wedding vendors and making sure vendor services were delivered properly. You will be very well taken care of if you plan your wedding day with Gettysvue, and I highly recommend it for private events!

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I married here on June 10, 2017. We had been planning our wedding for 14 months... and had nothing but wonderful, positive experiences the entire time. Lindsay Newman and Carrie Koller Waller are both a deam to work with. We worked with them together and individually. When we began the planning process, we were totally clueless. Lindsay provided us with so much reassurrance and advice-- with the best personality ever! Within the last couple of months of planning, Carrie responded to every call/email/text in a timely manner-- with the answers to literally everything. Nothing stressed her out and nothing was too far-fetched. She even went as far as drawing up a diagram of our reception (with correct measurements) to make sure everything fit and it was my dream wedding. It certainly was! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Gettysvue in a heartbeat.

Courtney · Married on 02/11/2017

Absolutely wonderful! So glad we had our wedding here! Very impressed!

Judy · Married on 12/17/2016

We have had 3 wedding receptions and a rehearsal dinner at Gettysvue Country Club! The most recent event was my last daughter's wedding reception in December 2017. We absolutely love the staff and their professional service. The planning stage is always efficient and accommodating, and all of my special requests were met with enthusiasm and a smile!
    The venue is beautiful in itself and requires minimal decorating, especially during the Holiday Season! I also loved having the separate rooms for guests to gather to eat and have conversation, and then the large dining area for dancing and listening to music! It all flows so well and makes for a great party! Gettysvue is always my first choice for not only wedding receptions, but bridal showers, graduation parties, and much more!

Tammy · Married on 08/08/2015

Lindsay is very helpful and experience with all of your questions and all of your needs. She was awesome.

Dena · Married on 07/02/2015

Lindsay at Gettysvue played such a huge role in making my day go so smoothly! She is wonderful!! She helped organize and plan every detail of the order of the ceremony and coordinated with the other vendors I was working with so there was nothing for me to worry about. She made me feel so at ease during the whole process!

Gettysvue provided the perfect, formal, yet casual atmosphere for our wedding and reception. The outdoor ceremony site is beautiful - we chose to use the draperies that hang from the staircase and it looked lovely! The reception site (the ballroom) was equally wonderful. It served as our backup ceremony site in case of rain. Luckily, it didn't rain on us, but I would not have been upset at all to use the ballroom's massive bay window with draperies as a backdrop to our ceremony. The reception space did not feel cramped despite 120 people due to the use of the grill and bar room for additional seating and the use of a separate room with gorgeous chandelier for the buffet. The food was delicious. My husband and I changed our menu from heavy appetizers to a true buffet a couple weeks before the wedding, and we chose our buffet menu largely without tasting any of the selections (based solely on our usual likes and dislikes). The chefs did not disappoint. Dinner was wonderful and all our guests thought so too.

Lindsay, the private events coordinator, was a great help and extremely easy to contact with quick response time! She primarily helps with coordination of the actual wedding day and any services provided directly through Gettysvue. For example, she met with us at the venue months prior to the event to do menu tasting with us. When life prevented us from making it to the group tasting, Lindsay scheduled a private tasting for us on a date/time that fit our schedules. On the wedding day, she instructed the bridal party when to walk down the isle, ensuring good spacing/timing, and she had full dinner plates waiting for my husband and I at our sweetheart table so we actually ate at our reception! Among other such services, Lindsay was always able to explain, answer, and help. She has done so many weddings at this particular venue that she really knows what she is talking about. I credit the smooth flow of our wedding day largely to her.

We used Gettysvue for our ceremony and reception. The venue is stunning and the photos are beautiful. The events coordinator is extremely helpful with not just the venue, but also secured our trolley transportation, dance floor, linens, etc. Their ballroom chairs are so nice, we had no need to rent beyond what Gettysvue has. The ballroom colors are beautiful neutrals, which allow for a wide range of event styling. The coordinator also provided event direction for our guests and ensured everyone knew what to do when. The venue was ours for the day, so decorating and band set up occurred throughout the day which led to a stress-free day for the bride and groom.

For the bridal party, the ladies' and men's lounges are perfect for day-of dressing. They also provided lunch service and ensured the bridal party had plenty of food and drink throughout the day. The bride had hair and make-up brought to the venue, and the lounge had plenty of room for services. On a special note, Gettysvue is very accessible and accommodating for those with special needs (such as wheelchairs).

Admittedly, we did not envision our marriage to take place at a country club. We assumed it would be too expensive and too formal, but we were wrong! When we learned all Gettysvue has to offer and all they do for their events, we knew this was our best option for a stress-free, beautiful, fun day. We would recommend Gettysvue to anyone!

Sara · Married on 04/18/2015

We are SO very glad we selected Gettysvue as our wedding venue! I cannot say enough about how perfect this place is! From our romantic outdoor ceremony to our beautiful reception inside in their grand dining room, it was truly the most we could ever hope for. You hardly even have to decorate because the rooms and hallways themselves are so classy and elegant. The food is top notch and you won't be disappointed from any of their dining options. We went to one of their tastings to sample some of their menu items and everything was delicious it was so hard to decide! Most importantly their service is spectacular and I cannot say more than enough praise to their private event director. Lindsay was a wedding super woman and I had a blast working with her. I knew from the moment I was introduced to her that I adored her and couldn't wait to have our wedding here. She keeps all the stress away from you and handles everything so well to make your big day smooth, and relaxed so you can focus on just celebrating you and your husband (: If we did it all over again I would absolutely choose Gettysvue a second time around!

Jamie · Married on 10/18/2014

Gettysvue is the PERFECT place for your wedding or reception! My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with everything about this vendor. Not only is Gettysvue a beautiful site as previously mentioned by other brides, but the staff there is 5-Star and so wonderful.

Lindsay Morgan Newman is the best of the best when it comes to helping you plan and execute your special day. Not only is she professional, dedicated, and extremely helpful with anything you may need, she is also genuinely an amazing person. I'd like to think I not only gained an excellent event coordinator during the process of planning my wedding at Gettysvue, but a special friend. Lindsay, and the rest of her staff, truly are one-of-a-kind and catered to our every need during our special day. Thank you all SO much!

The food there is also sensational, and all of our guests raved about how much they enjoyed dinner. The chefs at Gettysvue are passionate about their creations, and it shows in how delicious everything tastes. Every dish was phenomenal and we wouldn't have changed anything about what we ordered for our guests to eat that night.

Decorating the space in Gettysvue isn't hard at all because it is naturally beautiful, but we used Above the Rest Event Design, and they were terrific at creating an outdoor lighting experience that was magical for us.

Also, if you are looking for photographers that know the location well and that you will fall in love with, JoPhoto is for you. They are SO talented and will capture your day exactly how you want to remember it.

All in all, we are so pleased we chose Gettysvue for our wedding day, and can't say thank you enough to everyone there for making our wedding perfect from start to finish!

Melissa · Married on 09/13/2014

We chose Gettysvue mostly for two reasons. First, its a gorgeous site. It's in the heart of West Knoxville, yet somehow, no matter which way you look, you can't see "city" anywhere. The club itself is equally beautiful. The chandeliers, spiral staircases and huge windows made for perfect picture back drops. It is an active Golf Club, so locker rooms weren't private and every now and then you had to wait a minute for a golf cart to pass, but this didn't inconvenience us at all. The lockers may as well have been private, and we got a few extra congratulations from the members.

The second reason we chose GCC was the staff, specifically the event coordinator Lindsay Morgan Newman, although after the wedding, we have to also include the wait and bar staff as well. Having someone there to answer the numerous questions that popped up in planning, and reassuring me that everything was under control and we were in good shape was invaluable. I couldn't even begin to list the things she helped with on the day of the wedding, because they were taken care of without me even noticing.

We honestly can't think of any real complaints we had. The lighting in locker wasn't great for make up, but it wasn't an issue, we just brought a mirror into the sitting part of the locker room that had a ton of natural lighting. It was not the cheapest venue we looked at, but we feel like we got our moneys worth. The food was great, the staff was great, and the site was beautiful.

Christina · Married on 06/14/2014

Planning was easy with the help of Lindsay. Everything turned out exactly like I had imagined

Christina · Married on 05/03/2014

If you are looking for the perfect venue for a wedding reception.....Gettysvue is it!! We cannot speak highly enough of Lindsay, the event planner, and her team. The service was exceptional and all were very accommodating, the clubhouse and grounds are absolutely beautiful and the perfect spot for pictures, the location was very convenient and dinner was delicious! We had access to the entire clubhouse for the day which made getting ready extremely convenient, easy and fun! Lindsay made the planning process seemless; she created a timeline of events and was there to ensure everything went as smoothly as possible. Needless to say Lindsay definitely took quite a bit off our plates and we were able to enjoy our day, our guests and our reception stress free! Our guests are still raving about the food and how much fun they had. It was absolutely perfect, we wouldn't change a thing!! We sincerely appreciate all the time and effort Lindsay put into ensuring our Wedding Day was exactly like we dreamed it would be. We highly recommend!!

Jaimie · Married on 03/29/2014

This venue was great!! Our wedding was perfect and a lot of that goes to the staff at Gettysvue, especially Lindsay. I would recommend this place to everyone.

The facility is absolutely beautiful! There is lots of space available and a wonderful locker room that we were allowed to use to get ready! It's the little things that are needed to help an event run smoothly and Lindsay and the rest of the team knew how to put it all together.Lindsay is a huge help in coordinating such a large event. And I am very happy to have chosen Gettysvue to host my wedding and reception!

• F

Frances · Married on 09/08/2013

I am so glad that I chose Gettysvue Country Club for my wedding!! The events coordinator, Lindsay Morgan, did so much more than her job required to make sure that the day was everything that I wanted. I can't tell you how appreciative I am for all of the things they did for us in the days leading up to the wedding, and the day of! From doing the flowers for the cake, to making sure the festivities ran smoothly, and finding our first dance song. Nothing that she did went unnoticed and our wedding day was absolutely perfect! I can't even begin to express how truly grateful that I am for the stress that Lindsay relieved and all of the help that she provided in little details that I simply could not have done without her!! It was without a doubt the most beautiful wedding that I have ever seen! It was also nice that they offered catering, which was amazing, and party rentals so that we didn't have a huge list of added vendors. She even hooked us up with our AAA agent who helped us find some great travel deals for our honeymoon. I definitely recommend them to anyone who will be having a wedding or hosting an event in the future.

Lydia · Married on 06/15/2013

We had our wedding and reception at Gettysvue. Lindsay and the team there are amazing!!!!!!! As a bride that planned my own wedding and lives out of town, it would not have been the day it was without Lindsay. She is on top of every detail leading up to the day and makes sure that the day of goes smoothly, too. Gettysvue is gorgeous...the grounds, the ballroom, the bar area, even the locker room and lounge area where the wedding party gets ready is beautiful!! We couldn't have been happier! All of our guests have said how beautiful it was, how perfect the location was, and how incredible the food was!! As you know, most people come to a wedding to eat and drink....so if the venue is pretty, but the food is awful...guests will remember the awful food more. At Gettysvue you get both - beautiful venue and AMAZING food!!!!! Thank you Lindsay and Gettysvue for an absolutely perfect wedding day!!!

Kate · Married on 05/18/2013

Everything was wonderful! Lindsay was great! We had an amazing experience! Thank you!

Lindsey was excellent to work with, the food was wonderful, and almost all our guests stated that it was the best wedding reception they had been too. So glad we were able to have our reception there.

Kristin · Married on 04/27/2013

Lindsay Morgan of Gettysvue Country Club helped make my event the wedding of my dreams.