Get in the Groove Entertainment Reviews

17 | West Hills, CA

17 Reviews for Get in the Groove Entertainment

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2017

Owner Andrew, MC David, and DJ Peter really made us feel at ease as we planned for our wedding. They're incredibly collaborative and cooperative, with MC David and DJ Peter putting on the show of a lifetime. The music mix was pretty eclectic considering the varying ages, and they got everyone on the dance floor with little effort. 10/10 would divorce my wife and marry her twice if we could book them again!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Brian · Married on 06/25/2016

I booked this this group because I'd seen them at another wedding and absolutely had to have them at mine. This group knows how to entertain a crowd and get them involved. The price is a little higher because there are two of them either at the mic or teaching new line dances to the crowd as well as a Photobooth operator. The line dances were my favorite part and this group is worth the money. Andrew knows how to read a crowd and decide on the fly appropriate music and when the program needs to be moved along. The crowd especially the kids really responded to Andrew & Brittany and really got into the choreographed dances. I still have guests coming up to me and raving about how much fun they had and some who have said that this was the best wedding reception they'd ever been to. While I wish I could take all of the credit, that is due in large part to Get in the Groove Entertainment! Thanks guys! Couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Carrie · Married on 12/19/2015

Could NOT be any happier with the GITG team for my son's bar mitzvah this past weekend! We had used them for several events at my son's elementary school, so I knew our DJ of choice (Peter) was great at song selection and getting kids on the dance floor and having fun. Wasn't totally sure of their specific experience with bar mitzvahs or getting adults excited about dancing, but I took the risk and it was absolutely the best decision I made for our event. Andrew (the owner) was very responsive to my initial inquiries and ongoing questions, while the entire team was very accommodating to specific requests, their set-up looked great on the stage, they are very reasonably priced, and most importantly, everyone had a spectacular time! The DJ is one of the most critical components of an event, and GITG filled every expectation and more! We hadn't picked a mother/son dance song yet, but Peter found me at the event, asked for my song selection, downloaded it on the spot and had it queued up within minutes. We had them for 5 hours, but they came an hour early to set up and test out our video montage. We also spent a little extra for 2 party wranglers, which is a must-have for events. Everyone raved about the whole crew all night long! Soooo grateful for their amazing services!!!!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Brenda · Married on 12/06/2015

Thank you so much for all your help in contributing to our party! Your segment was such a great success, and I had great feedback from the guests that your interaction with the children was awesome! Thanks again!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Get in the Groove Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Brenda. We had fun too!

Paula · Married on 10/17/2015

We hired Andrew, from Get in the groove entertainment as our Dj. We could not have asked for anyone better! He was professional,friendly and went above and beyond our expectations!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Get in the Groove was AMAZING! Several of my friends have since used them for their own weddings after seeing them at ours. They made our wedding-and so many of our friends! Can't go wrong with this group!

Sent on 10/12/2015

I am a wedding planner/coordinator and Get in the Groove is one of my top GO TO groups for event entertainment. They are reliable, responsive, sensitive to each event's needs, and of course they are fantastic at what they do. As an event professional I may look for slightly different things than a normal client would, and I can honestly say they are top notch in every category. I don't trust all vendors to make my event spectacular, but I do trust them - their entire group is awesome, no matter who I get!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Audra · Married on 11/29/2014

This company was extremely professional and passionate about making our wedding memorable for us as well as our guests. All the guests were on the dance floor enjoying the music and guided dances led by the DJ. We would highly recommend this company for any wedding or event.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Groove Entertainment was one of the best investments we made for our special day. The staff kept the guests involved, upbeat, and entertained. We were having so much fun making memories that will last a lifetime, that we didn't want the night to end. We will definitely celebrate with Groove Entertainment again.
    Thank you to Andrew and the Groove staff
    Brad and Barbara

Sent on 10/20/2015

Get in the Groove Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Brad and Barbara! We had a great time celebrating with you!

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2013

Andrew was absolutely amazing! He made my husband and I very comfortable through the entire process, and was a blast at the wedding! He made sure to understand the feel of our wedding, and was very helpful in choosing our songs when we were lost. Even my husband danced the night away, and he NEVER dances! Thanks Get in the Groove!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Get in the Groove Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Danielle! You guys we so great and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kate · Married on 07/30/2011

Andrew was amazing from our first interview to the last dance at our wedding. It's been 4 years since we got married and people still tell us he was the most fun DJ they've ever he at a wedding. For weeks after our guests told us "I can't believe he got my husband dancing, he NEVER dances."

Andrew doesn't just play songs, he's a performer, and brought an assistant who got people up and moving. I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kathryn · Married on 11/06/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Andrew and Get In The Groove Entertainment. For our wedding we wanted to make sure that it was a party for all of our guests and we knew that Andrew and his team were the ones to give us that. Prior to the wedding we had several meetings and phone calls with him and he was always prepared and made sure that he knew what we wanted our wedding to be like. I am the ultimate planner but he put me to shame at our final meeting with a complete timeline of the reception. I didn't have a day of coordinator for the wedding but you would never know that because he kept the reception running smooth. He made sure to play all the songs and types of music requested, made sure to get out on the dance floor with all of us and even was game for our unusual entrance song request, the opening guitar solo to Sweet Child of Mine :). You will not be disappointed if you hire Get In The Groove Entertainment they were by far one of the best things about our wedding.

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • O

Orlie · Married on 09/26/2010

D.J. Andrew exceeded my expectations! He not only played the songs I requested but made everyone want to get on the dance floor with fun (and cool) line dancing songs. His assistant danced his heart out and I loved how his website has options for hiring more dancers, a photo booth or light accessories. We recommend him highly!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Amanda · Married on 04/18/2010

I found Andrew and his team at Get in the Groove entertainment for my wedding and just from the first meeting I immediately felt comfortable and confident in his skill. He did an absolutely amazing job from the microphone and sound system for the ceremony to deejay at our reception. We have a couple requests for our reception and he listened and catered to exactly what we wanted. Everyone complimented us on the fantastic deejay and 5 years later we still have friends tell us he was the best deejay they have seen at a wedding! He is professional, polite and caring! I highly refer him to everyone !!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Get in the Groove Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Amanda for the great review. You guys were great to work with and we had a blast at your wedding!

Terri · event on 12/04/2009

Get in the Groove Entertainment was the perfect choice for many of our corporate events. Andrew and his amazing team were on time, very pleasant to work with, went over and above to make everything just the way you expected your event to be. Andrew was always available to answer any questions you might have and made your concerns his top priority. I would highly recommend Get in the Groove Entertainment for your next event.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Ruth · Married on 11/15/2015

WE HAVE BEEN TO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF EVENTS AND PARTIES OVER THE YEARS BUT GET IN THE GROOVE ENTERTAINMENT IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE REST IN TERMS OF QUALITY, ENERGY, PROFESSIONALISM AND SHEER NATURAL TALENT. THIS COMPANY ALWAYS GOES THE EXTRA MILE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTHLY FROM THE MINUTE YOU CONTACT THEM TO THE LAST SONG THEY PLAY AT YOUR EVENT.

WE HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE HAD THE OWNER, ANDREW AND HIS WONDERFUL ASSISTANTS SERVE AS EMCEE & DEEJAY AT MULTIPLE EVENTS FOR OUR FAMILY AS WELL AS MANY OTHER EVENTS FOR FRIENDS AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS. WE JUST HAD ANDREW DO OUR DAUGHTER'S WEDDING A FEW WEEKS AGO WHICH TURNED OUT SO BEAUTIFULLY!! MANY OF OUR GUESTS WERE ALSO AT HER BAT MITZVAH 14 YEARS AGO AND REMEMBERED WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD WITH HIM BACK THEN TOO!!

ANDREW, YOUR TIMING AND COORDINATION OF THE ENTIRE DAY WAS FLAWLESS!! STARTING WITH THE PROCESSIONAL & RECESSIONAL MUSIC, TO THE COCKTAIL HOUR TO THE GRAND ENTRANCES AND SPECIAL DANCES, TO THE MEAL AND PARTY ITSELF…..YOU KEPT EVERYONE SO WELL ENGAGED AND ENTERTAINED. WE DID NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT OR CONCERN OURSELVES WITH ANY OF THE DETAILS AS WE KNEW THAT YOU WERE TOTALLY ON TOP OF COORDINATING THINGS WITH THE OTHER VENDORS AS WELL.

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE USING GET IN THE GROOVE ENTERTAINMENT AGAIN!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Get in the Groove Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Ruth. We have loved every one of those events!

Brian · Married on 08/21/2006

Andrew was the perfect DJ for our wedding. Some of you may encounter DJs who won't play your specific music request list because the crowd "may not be into that", but Andrew was not one of those. Our music is a reflection of who we are. Not only did he play our list but he also incorporated his own music when he felt the party needed it, and his instincts were dead on as there was never a dull moment. He knew when to pick up the energy and went to mellow us out so we can catch our breath. And may I just say he created one of the coolest conga lines I have ever seen. It looks amazing on our video. I have even been to other events since then that have used his company and the DJs and dancers I saw there were excellent as well.

So if you are considering Get in the Groove Entertainment for your event, go for it. Thanks Andrew!!

Sent on 11/05/2015