26 Reviews for Genya + Erik Shenko Photography

User Photos
Photos
26 Genya + Erik Shenko Photography Reviews

I used Shenko Photography for our engagement pics in Costa Rica, and Eric was so accommodating and friendly! I had emailed a lot of photographers and a lot of them did not want to go to the resort we were staying at because it was out of the way, or they were charging a lot of money, or they couldn’t come because it was during the Christmas Holidays. Eric came to the resort and made us feel so comfortable during the photo shoot, and he was very professional. My fiancé and I have never done professional photos before but you could definitely tell Eric had a passion for his job and he really wanted the best pictures, in terms of lighting and poses and everything! I would highly recommend him, and his wife to do your wedding and/or engagement photos or any professional photos you’d like done. I literally told my fiancé after he had left “I wish I had money to bring him out to Canada to do our wedding pictures!”, as his work was not only phenomenal, but you could tell he did the work out of passion not just money. Thank you Eric and Genya for making our pictures so awesome!

Profile Picture Rannissa, 5/25/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was amazing!!. The work of Erick and Genya was very good , very professional. Delighted with each picture.

Profile Picture Maricela, 2/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommend! Erik is incredibly skilled and his love for photography truly shows in his work. His use of natural light and composition is on point. We absolutely loved our honeymoon photos.

Profile Picture Marissa , 12/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We randomly stumbled upon Genya and Erik's website online and immediately knew that we wanted to work with them on an anniversary photoshoot in Tulum. They picked us up from our hotel early morning and we instantly felt great vibes from them, which eventually translated into our photographs. They are a lovely couple based in Playa del Carmen who work very well together to ensure that the photos turn out stunning and artistic (nothing generic about them) Genya actually broke her toe but that didn't stop her from showing up and giving us 100%, which we appreciated so much. Overall the photographs turned out beautiful, and the shoot was definitely a highlight to our trip in Mexico. We HIGHLY recommend booking them for a wedding shoot, or even just for an underwater 'trash the dress' shoot (which we did at one of the Cenotes). You will not regret the experience!

Profile Picture Hesa, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommended Genya + Erik. They are extremely professional and expert on capturing the most precious moments. We were recommended by my friend who had their destination wedding in mexico. We were so happy that we chose Erik as the pictures were absolutely fabulous!

Profile Picture TingTing, 8/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Shenko Photography for our wedding pictures. We had pre-wedding session to get to know our photographers more and warm up ourselves. The wedding day went so well and because of Genya and Erik we were able to enjoy the day without pressures. The underwater session is definitely a blast! Wonderful experience and I want to do it again! All the poctires turned out to be so nice. High quality and natural. Exactly what we want. We are really happy that we chose Shenko. It is one of the best decision we made for our big day!

Profile Picture Xuan, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Genya and Erik were wonderful to work with. We're so happy with the way that they captured the spirit of our wedding day. The faces and emotions of our family, friends, and loved ones were brilliantly photographed. Great attention to technical details while still allowing us to relax and be in the moment. Thanks!

Profile Picture John, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I hired Genya and Erik (Genya + Erik Shenko Photography) to work our wedding knowing that they have a talent for capturing the most natural of moments with a lens! Their photographs speak for themselves. The most important aspect of our wedding for us was capturing those unique moments with our dear people. The end result was something we will forever cherish... When we first saw our wedding photos, we were overjoyed with how beautiful and organic the photos were. Besides for being thrilled with their work of art, Erik and Genya were extremely pleasant to work with. Among all of the stress that my husband and I dealt with on our wedding day, photography was not one of them. Shenko photography allowed my husband and I to be ourselves throughout our photo shoot while capturing the most memorable moments. We couldn't be happier with their work.

Profile Picture POLOVINKO, 1/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can not recommend these guys enough!! we are so over the moon with the quality of our pictures, which are truly breathtaking! Genya and Erik are beautiful people, who were always on hand for the 18th month running up to our wedding, to answer questions and always put me at ease. They let your day just happen and capture it in motion, we have the most beautiful and honest pictures! An absolute pleasure to work with, and honestly I can't thank them enough. Always have a place in our familys hearts!! Sara & Dean Harvey

Profile Picture Sara, 10/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our experience with Genya and Eric was great! They are dynamic, enthusiastic and professional photographers with an excellent eye for composition and the ability to capture a perfect moment spontaneously. We love our wedding photos!!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Erik and Genya are and amazing photographs and artist, all the steps during the process where very clear and professional since the first moment, the result was more than we where expecting and we are very happy to take this moments back home, their underwater session are stunning.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I came across Genya & Erik's website and found exactly what we wanted. They have an exceptional ability to capture unscripted emotion in every situation. Our wedding photos are so beautifully honest and warm, they are just so... ''us''! And in addition to being outstanding photographers and artists, they are amazing human beings. Their professionalism, warmth and genuine enthusiasm for their work impressed us and everyone at our wedding who met them. My parents fall in love with this couple and many other friends were asking us about how they do to be at so many places at the same time. Erik and Genya documented our day as we were feeling it, but also they captured so many love-filled moments throughout the entire day that my husband and I can't remember. We can't stop looking at our gorgeous wedding photos. I absolutely recommend Shenko to anyone wanting fabulous, true, in the moment photos from a personable and professional duo.

Profile Picture Diana, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had the pleasure of meeting Genya for our wedding while searching for a photgrapher for our special day. From the start, Genya is quite the professional and understands the customer's needs. Her pictures were amazing and even looking back at them, those photos told a story! We knew we had chosen the best photographer and for any events needed for us we will strongly suggest her services and refer her to others who are looking for an awesome photographer!! Thank you once again..you are an angel!!

Profile Picture User7717124, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When planning our wedding in Mexico we knew we wanted to work with a local photographer as we were not interested in the services that the resort offered. In doing some research we came across Shenko Photography. We were instantly engaged from the quality of their photos, the way each photo tells a story and makes you feel as if you were there in that moment. My husband and I knew with a destination wedding we would have some family and friends that could not attend so having a photographer that would be able to tell the story of the wedding day was very important for us. When reaching out to Genya & Erik they were very responsive and began the relationship by asking us to complete a questionnaire to make sure we were the right fit for one another. This was a big surprise to us and reassured us that we wanted to work with individuals that really do care, that want what is best for you. Fast forward a year to the wedding week, Genya and Erik continued to be very responsive. We enjoyed our pre shoot the day before the wedding, Erik helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and was great at providing guidance. The day of the wedding was equally as comfortable! Upon receiving our photos we were shocked at the level of detail of each photo. Every intimate moment was captured, from getting ready to the reception, not one single moment was missed. The photos were organized in a way to tell the story of our wedding day which was nice. As we reviewed our photos we felt as if we were reliving that day. We loved working with Shenko Photography and thank them for all of their hard work!

Profile Picture Nasreen, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This adorable couple are fantasic! A magic photo shoot.

Profile Picture Ericka, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had an amazing experience at my wedding with them. Very professionnal and understand the need of a customer. The pictures were simply magical. I would defenately refer my friends and family.

Profile Picture User7717064, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are absolutely thrilled with Erik and Genya’s creativity, imagination and all the work they've put in to build the most amazing memories of our wedding celebration at Riviera Maya last April.
They made us all feel so comfortable, and at ease, without pushing us and our guests to do things in a diferent order than we wished or in different places. These guys were very flexible, comprehensive and creative at the same time – couldn’t ask for more!
From the moment they started taking photos of us getting ready they were so attentive to every detail and I knew - that pictures were going to turn out more than perfect.
During the reception they were really involved - climbing up to the top of the building to get the perfect shot of the dance floor and of all the ambiance. I remember that one moment that marked me when I was dancing with my dear husband and the picture that was taken with us so expressive in our flowing moves, looks as if we're flying or kind of hovering.
A lot of our guests complimented us on how much they loved our spontaneous photographers ?? Genya and Erik were extrememly friendly and a pleasure to be around.
We will remember them as we remember our wedding day and will definitely recommend Shenko photography to all of those who are ready to wed!!

Profile Picture Isadora, 6/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I are from Hong Kong and we travelled to Mexico Cancun for vacation in March 2015. We were planning to take some pre-Wedding photos and fortunately we found Genya and Erik over the internet.
We booked a cenote underwater + beach photo shooting with them. They were simply AWESOME!!
We are not good at swimming and posing for photos at all, however Genya and Erik were very patient and professional, they gave us the confidence.
They are both great photographer and instructor too! We received our pictures a few month ago and they are absolutely FABULOUS!!
A big surprise for us and we surely will make a beautiful album with the great pictures.
Truly recommended their services!!
Cheers
Johny

Profile Picture Erika, 5/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

A lot of our guests complimented us on how much they loved our spontaneous photographers. Genya and Erik were extrememly friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Profile Picture Diana, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were drawn to Shenko Photography for their documentary/photojournalism style, and the fact that they absolutely LOVE love and capturing it! Reading about Genya and Erik along with seeing their beautiful work really wanted us to try to work with them, along with their love of animals. It seemed like we were meant to work together - Shenko donates a portion of their profits to animal rescues in Playa del Carmen, and the rescue we volunteer for here in Minneapolis works very closely with the same rescues! It was pure chance that I came across Shenko.

Genya and Erik were really easy to communicate with and responded very quickly. We agreed on our package and were very happy they were available our wedding date. What we also really enjoyed was that our package included a pre-wedding photo shoot and meet and greet. We scheduled ours for the day before the wedding and it was a wonderful way to get to know each other before spending 8 hours together the next day, but also to get an idea what posing would be like and how we fit together taking photos. We didn't do an engagement shoot so it was really helpful for us, and I think made our wedding day move a lot smoother because we didn't have to take as much direction.

The blog post Genya and Erik posted was absolutely beautiful and it was a great way to start sharing our photos. We received our photo files exactly when promised and I can't even gush enough about how amazing they are. Genya really captured our day amazingly and understood what we wanted to capture in our wedding - life, love and fun. We can't thank you enough and highly recommend!

Profile Picture Marie, 1/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Genya and Erik after MONTHS of researching destination wedding photographers. I chose Shenko Photography based off of their competitive pricing, creative portfolio, and ability to combine an “engagement/practice” shoot, with our “Day Of” wedding shoot, and an underwater cenote shoot. Genya was also very helpful leading up to my destination wedding, as she is local to the Cancun area and very knowledgeable about vendors in the area that she has worked with (florists, event planners, etc). Other photographers in Cancun seemed to have automated websites and forms, and treated things like a “big business.” Genya and Erik had a personal approach and treated my husband and I like friends. When we finally met, it was very natural and comfortable – and this really showed in our pictures. The cenote shoot was by far our favorite (other than the wedding, of course!), and it was such a fun adventure (and the pictures are gorgeous). After our wedding, Genya also posted frequent pictures on Facebook while we were waiting for our final photos to be edited (they were delivered earlier than our contract stated which was a very nice surprise).

I would recommend Genya and Erik to any brides looking for a destination wedding photographer.

Love from Canada,
-steph and tim

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Initially we found an italian photographer for our destination Wedding in Tuscany, but later I saw Shenko Photography‘s pictures and it was love from the first look! We cancelled our previous contract and made our choice on Genya & Erik. I have to say, we never regret it! Guys are incredible! They both have passion to photography and this is reflected in every shoot. Important for us was to have "live" photographs with true emotions rather than "frozen" pictures. We discussed all our wishes with Genya & Erik and they listened to us carefully. Now, looking at our Wedding pictures we live through our emotions again and again. As well I would like to say that apart from being super - professionals, they are very pleasant, friendly and responsible people! They offered us pre wedding session in Florence, but we got lost in the city and came to the right bridge almost an hour later. As we had no phones with us I was very worried if guys are still waiting for us. And they were still there. They met us with a smile and made our day.
If you want great personal and professional approach with amazing emotional pictures of your wedding day, definitely go for Genya & Erik.

Profile Picture Aleksandra, 9/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the best decisions we made was to have Genya and Eric document our destination wedding. My then fiancé and I have fallen in love with Shenko style. They captured every beautiful moment of our wedding as well ad the trash the dress session. All the process of photo shoot was spontaneous and natural.
The endless compliments we received from family and friends were along the lines of "... these are the most breathtaking and creative photos I have ever seen..." Every single one of them. Still cant decide on a favorite.

We cannot recommend Shenko enough.They are no doubt masters of their work and their photography is flawless.

Thanks a million for a wonderful experience and memories to last a lifetime!!

Nelly and Yura

Profile Picture Nelly, 6/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shenko photo is a husband & wife team that we came across through a recommendation from another photographer. They reside in Cancun, Mexico and I was so happy to have found them! Photography was the biggest part of our wedding, for us. We love contemporary photography, and photos that catch those raw moments that we probably miss. I looked on their website, and their portfolio was amazing! All I kept saying was "ohhhh" and "ahhh" at almost every picture. I also loved that they shot underwater "trash the dress" photos! The communication with Genya & Erik was smooth since day one, and their packages and prices were extremely reasonable- way better value for the price than most other vendors in Cancun area. We met with them two days prior to the wedding and spoke briefly about what we wanted, other than what we'd sent them already through email. They were the perfect fit for us! They had a "stand back but get the shot' approach, which is what we wanted. We didn't want to spend a ton of time taking group shots and missing those impromptu moments that our guests had. The underwater shoot was so much fun! We went to a local cenote [freshwater pools that are famous for their underwater "caves"] and they led us every step of the way. It was very hard adjusting to the very cold water [yes, cold, in Mexico!] and learning how to "sink" ourselves. But, they were very patient and helped us to get the perfect shot! It was an experience we'll always remember. We received our images through an online gallery within 1-2 months, and also received DVD's in the mail. We were BLOWN AWAY by the shots they took, I am still in awe of them every time I look at them!!! I would recommend Genya & Erik to anyone who is getting married in Cancun/Riviera Maya. They do travel all along the coast, as we got married in Puerto Morelos and the cenote was closer to Telum. We couldn't be happier with their work!!! http://www.shenkophoto.com/destination-wedding-photography/

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)