Genya + Erik Shenko Photography Reviews

31 | Cartago, CR

31 Reviews for Genya + Erik Shenko Photography

31 Genya + Erik Shenko Photography Reviews

Rannissa · Getting married on 05/25/2019

I used Shenko Photography for our engagement pics in Costa Rica, and Eric was so accommodating and friendly! I had emailed a lot of photographers and a lot of them did not want to go to the resort we were staying at because it was out of the way, or they were charging a lot of money, or they couldn’t come because it was during the Christmas Holidays. Eric came to the resort and made us feel so comfortable during the photo shoot, and he was very professional. My fiancé and I have never done professional photos before but you could definitely tell Eric had a passion for his job and he really wanted the best pictures, in terms of lighting and poses and everything! I would highly recommend him, and his wife to do your wedding and/or engagement photos or any professional photos you’d like done. I literally told my fiancé after he had left “I wish I had money to bring him out to Canada to do our wedding pictures!”, as his work was not only phenomenal, but you could tell he did the work out of passion not just money. Thank you Eric and Genya for making our pictures so awesome!

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 1
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 2
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 3
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 4

didi · Married on 09/01/2018

I loved the photo session we had, we felt very comfortable and happy with this moment so early that we can keep it forever.

the photographers very professional, polite, helpful and their treatment we loved. we are sure that they are the best option for our photos.

Sandy · Married on 08/21/2018

I am so in love with my wedding photos, Erik! We appreciate you giving us your time to make sure we had the most memorable pictures of our wedding day. I will cherish this day forever! So glad you were a part of it! Sandy Moncada Playa2018

Amy · Married on 05/08/2018

Immediately we felt comfortable with Erik, who was truly an artist with the camera. His use of natural lighting and camera angles made our wedding pictures look absolutely sublime. He went above and beyond when he drove us out to a secluded beach during a rainstorm to capture some stunning shots. He will find the beauty even in the simplest of moments. In particular, one of my favorite photos was taken while I was adjusting a hanger strap on my dress :)

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 5
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 6
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 7

Maricela · Married on 02/28/2018

It was amazing!!. The work of Erick and Genya was very good , very professional. Delighted with each picture.

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 8
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 9

Marissa · Married on 12/06/2017

I highly recommend! Erik is incredibly skilled and his love for photography truly shows in his work. His use of natural light and composition is on point. We absolutely loved our honeymoon photos.

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 10

Emily · Married on 11/19/2017

We were married in Rivieria Maya in November and we hired Erik to photograph our special day. He was the BEST wedding photographer we could have ever asked for! He was very flexible and accommodating, and met with us (very last minute) when we came down for a quick weekend to plan our wedding. He took our photos that weekend so he could get to know us and so we could get more comfortable with taking romantic beach shots :) Erik then met us the night before our wedding so we could take some pre-wedding shots which was great. He is very creative and was able to capture very unique shots, while also getting the more traditional photos. His calming personality helped us stay grounded and comfortable throughout the wedding weekend. We got some beautiful shots (despite the rain right after our ceremony) and they sent the photos to us within a few weeks! The photos are wonderful and will be cherished for many years to come. Thank you Genya and Erik for contributing to an amazing wedding!

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 11
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 17
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 18
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 19

Hesa · Married on 09/07/2017

We randomly stumbled upon Genya and Erik's website online and immediately knew that we wanted to work with them on an anniversary photoshoot in Tulum. They picked us up from our hotel early morning and we instantly felt great vibes from them, which eventually translated into our photographs. They are a lovely couple based in Playa del Carmen who work very well together to ensure that the photos turn out stunning and artistic (nothing generic about them) Genya actually broke her toe but that didn't stop her from showing up and giving us 100%, which we appreciated so much. Overall the photographs turned out beautiful, and the shoot was definitely a highlight to our trip in Mexico. We HIGHLY recommend booking them for a wedding shoot, or even just for an underwater 'trash the dress' shoot (which we did at one of the Cenotes). You will not regret the experience!

TingTing · Married on 08/29/2017

I highly recommended Genya + Erik. They are extremely professional and expert on capturing the most precious moments. We were recommended by my friend who had their destination wedding in mexico. We were so happy that we chose Erik as the pictures were absolutely fabulous!

• X

Xuan · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Shenko Photography for our wedding pictures. We had pre-wedding session to get to know our photographers more and warm up ourselves. The wedding day went so well and because of Genya and Erik we were able to enjoy the day without pressures. The underwater session is definitely a blast! Wonderful experience and I want to do it again! All the poctires turned out to be so nice. High quality and natural. Exactly what we want. We are really happy that we chose Shenko. It is one of the best decision we made for our big day!

John · Married on 04/15/2017

Genya and Erik were wonderful to work with. We're so happy with the way that they captured the spirit of our wedding day. The faces and emotions of our family, friends, and loved ones were brilliantly photographed. Great attention to technical details while still allowing us to relax and be in the moment. Thanks!

POLOVINKO · Married on 01/12/2017

My husband and I hired Genya and Erik (Genya + Erik Shenko Photography) to work our wedding knowing that they have a talent for capturing the most natural of moments with a lens! Their photographs speak for themselves. The most important aspect of our wedding for us was capturing those unique moments with our dear people. The end result was something we will forever cherish... When we first saw our wedding photos, we were overjoyed with how beautiful and organic the photos were. Besides for being thrilled with their work of art, Erik and Genya were extremely pleasant to work with. Among all of the stress that my husband and I dealt with on our wedding day, photography was not one of them. Shenko photography allowed my husband and I to be ourselves throughout our photo shoot while capturing the most memorable moments. We couldn't be happier with their work.

Sara · Married on 10/20/2016

I can not recommend these guys enough!! we are so over the moon with the quality of our pictures, which are truly breathtaking! Genya and Erik are beautiful people, who were always on hand for the 18th month running up to our wedding, to answer questions and always put me at ease. They let your day just happen and capture it in motion, we have the most beautiful and honest pictures! An absolute pleasure to work with, and honestly I can't thank them enough. Always have a place in our familys hearts!! Sara & Dean Harvey

Leslie · Married on 10/12/2016

Our experience with Genya and Eric was great! They are dynamic, enthusiastic and professional photographers with an excellent eye for composition and the ability to capture a perfect moment spontaneously. We love our wedding photos!!

Jonathan · Married on 10/08/2016

Erik and Genya are and amazing photographs and artist, all the steps during the process where very clear and professional since the first moment, the result was more than we where expecting and we are very happy to take this moments back home, their underwater session are stunning.

Diana · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I came across Genya & Erik's website and found exactly what we wanted. They have an exceptional ability to capture unscripted emotion in every situation. Our wedding photos are so beautifully honest and warm, they are just so... ''us''! And in addition to being outstanding photographers and artists, they are amazing human beings. Their professionalism, warmth and genuine enthusiasm for their work impressed us and everyone at our wedding who met them. My parents fall in love with this couple and many other friends were asking us about how they do to be at so many places at the same time. Erik and Genya documented our day as we were feeling it, but also they captured so many love-filled moments throughout the entire day that my husband and I can't remember. We can't stop looking at our gorgeous wedding photos. I absolutely recommend Shenko to anyone wanting fabulous, true, in the moment photos from a personable and professional duo.

We had the pleasure of meeting Genya for our wedding while searching for a photgrapher for our special day. From the start, Genya is quite the professional and understands the customer's needs. Her pictures were amazing and even looking back at them, those photos told a story! We knew we had chosen the best photographer and for any events needed for us we will strongly suggest her services and refer her to others who are looking for an awesome photographer!! Thank you once again..you are an angel!!

Nasreen · Married on 07/30/2016

When planning our wedding in Mexico we knew we wanted to work with a local photographer as we were not interested in the services that the resort offered. In doing some research we came across Shenko Photography. We were instantly engaged from the quality of their photos, the way each photo tells a story and makes you feel as if you were there in that moment. My husband and I knew with a destination wedding we would have some family and friends that could not attend so having a photographer that would be able to tell the story of the wedding day was very important for us. When reaching out to Genya & Erik they were very responsive and began the relationship by asking us to complete a questionnaire to make sure we were the right fit for one another. This was a big surprise to us and reassured us that we wanted to work with individuals that really do care, that want what is best for you. Fast forward a year to the wedding week, Genya and Erik continued to be very responsive. We enjoyed our pre shoot the day before the wedding, Erik helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and was great at providing guidance. The day of the wedding was equally as comfortable! Upon receiving our photos we were shocked at the level of detail of each photo. Every intimate moment was captured, from getting ready to the reception, not one single moment was missed. The photos were organized in a way to tell the story of our wedding day which was nice. As we reviewed our photos we felt as if we were reliving that day. We loved working with Shenko Photography and thank them for all of their hard work!

Ericka · Married on 07/23/2016

This adorable couple are fantasic! A magic photo shoot.

I had an amazing experience at my wedding with them. Very professionnal and understand the need of a customer. The pictures were simply magical. I would defenately refer my friends and family.

• I

Isadora · Married on 06/07/2016

We are absolutely thrilled with Erik and Genya’s creativity, imagination and all the work they've put in to build the most amazing memories of our wedding celebration at Riviera Maya last April.
    They made us all feel so comfortable, and at ease, without pushing us and our guests to do things in a diferent order than we wished or in different places. These guys were very flexible, comprehensive and creative at the same time – couldn’t ask for more!
    From the moment they started taking photos of us getting ready they were so attentive to every detail and I knew - that pictures were going to turn out more than perfect.
    During the reception they were really involved - climbing up to the top of the building to get the perfect shot of the dance floor and of all the ambiance. I remember that one moment that marked me when I was dancing with my dear husband and the picture that was taken with us so expressive in our flowing moves, looks as if we're flying or kind of hovering.
    A lot of our guests complimented us on how much they loved our spontaneous photographers ?? Genya and Erik were extrememly friendly and a pleasure to be around.
    We will remember them as we remember our wedding day and will definitely recommend Shenko photography to all of those who are ready to wed!!

Erika · Married on 05/05/2016

My fiance and I are from Hong Kong and we travelled to Mexico Cancun for vacation in March 2015. We were planning to take some pre-Wedding photos and fortunately we found Genya and Erik over the internet.
    We booked a cenote underwater + beach photo shooting with them. They were simply AWESOME!!
    We are not good at swimming and posing for photos at all, however Genya and Erik were very patient and professional, they gave us the confidence.
    They are both great photographer and instructor too! We received our pictures a few month ago and they are absolutely FABULOUS!!
    A big surprise for us and we surely will make a beautiful album with the great pictures.
    Truly recommended their services!!
    Cheers
    Johny

Diana · Married on 04/02/2016

A lot of our guests complimented us on how much they loved our spontaneous photographers. Genya and Erik were extrememly friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Marie · Married on 01/30/2016

We were drawn to Shenko Photography for their documentary/photojournalism style, and the fact that they absolutely LOVE love and capturing it! Reading about Genya and Erik along with seeing their beautiful work really wanted us to try to work with them, along with their love of animals. It seemed like we were meant to work together - Shenko donates a portion of their profits to animal rescues in Playa del Carmen, and the rescue we volunteer for here in Minneapolis works very closely with the same rescues! It was pure chance that I came across Shenko.

Genya and Erik were really easy to communicate with and responded very quickly. We agreed on our package and were very happy they were available our wedding date. What we also really enjoyed was that our package included a pre-wedding photo shoot and meet and greet. We scheduled ours for the day before the wedding and it was a wonderful way to get to know each other before spending 8 hours together the next day, but also to get an idea what posing would be like and how we fit together taking photos. We didn't do an engagement shoot so it was really helpful for us, and I think made our wedding day move a lot smoother because we didn't have to take as much direction.

The blog post Genya and Erik posted was absolutely beautiful and it was a great way to start sharing our photos. We received our photo files exactly when promised and I can't even gush enough about how amazing they are. Genya really captured our day amazingly and understood what we wanted to capture in our wedding - life, love and fun. We can't thank you enough and highly recommend!