Genya + Erik Shenko Photography Reviews

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 6
Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 7

Karina Calvo · Getting married on 01/15/2024

Encantadora

Me encanto las sesiones con ellos son súper amables y trabajan espectacular

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 17

Rannissa · Married on 05/25/2019

I used Shenko Photography for our engagement pics in Costa Rica, and Eric was so accommodating and friendly! I had emailed a lot of photographers and a lot of them did not want to go to the resort we were staying at because it was out of the way, or they were charging a lot of money, or they couldn’t come because it was during the Christmas Holidays. Eric came to the resort and made us feel so comfortable during the photo shoot, and he was very professional. My fiancé and I have never done professional photos before but you could definitely tell Eric had a passion for his job and he really wanted the best pictures, in terms of lighting and poses and everything! I would highly recommend him, and his wife to do your wedding and/or engagement photos or any professional photos you’d like done. I literally told my fiancé after he had left “I wish I had money to bring him out to Canada to do our wedding pictures!”, as his work was not only phenomenal, but you could tell he did the work out of passion not just money. Thank you Eric and Genya for making our pictures so awesome!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 18
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 19
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 20
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 21
  • F

Fabiola May · Married on 12/04/2018

Excelente!!

Me encanto toda la experiencia!! Las fotos súper chuzas

Sent on 11/04/2018

didi · Married on 09/01/2018

I loved the photo session we had, we felt very comfortable and happy with this moment so early that we can keep it forever.

the photographers very professional, polite, helpful and their treatment we loved. we are sure that they are the best option for our photos.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Sandy · Married on 08/21/2018

I am so in love with my wedding photos, Erik! We appreciate you giving us your time to make sure we had the most memorable pictures of our wedding day. I will cherish this day forever! So glad you were a part of it! Sandy Moncada Playa2018

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Maria

Maria Pia Aristimuño · Married on 06/11/2018

Amazing experience!

Our experience with Erik was excellent. He is very professional, make us feel very comfortable during all the session and we had loads of fun! Erik is very kind and has lots of ideas to make beautiful photos and videos in his very original way! We definetely recommend them!!! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Amy · Married on 05/08/2018

Immediately we felt comfortable with Erik, who was truly an artist with the camera. His use of natural lighting and camera angles made our wedding pictures look absolutely sublime. He went above and beyond when he drove us out to a secluded beach during a rainstorm to capture some stunning shots. He will find the beauty even in the simplest of moments. In particular, one of my favorite photos was taken while I was adjusting a hanger strap on my dress :)

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 22
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 23
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 24

Maricela · Married on 02/28/2018

It was amazing!!. The work of Erick and Genya was very good , very professional. Delighted with each picture.

Sent on 03/22/2018
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 25
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 26

Kym · Married on 12/17/2017

Shenko Photography are absolutely brilliant!! We were getting married in Costa Rica but were based in London so we had the task of finding a photographer over the internet. I thought it would be a nightmare but Shenko Photography quickly caught my attention and we’re booked within a couple of days. Erik was really nice, he wanted to hear all about our relationship, where we met, our background etc which I felt was really thoughtful. The day before the wedding Erik came to the venue and we had another lovely chat and did a test shoot which really prepared us for the big day. Neither my husband and I enjoy having our photographs taken but Erik made us feel completely at ease. He was very efficient on the day, very thoughtful and worked really hard to find interesting angles, lights and locations. The final photographs are BEAUTIFUL, we absolutely love every single one and will be forever grateful to him for capturing our big day so gorgeously.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Marissa · Married on 12/06/2017

I highly recommend! Erik is incredibly skilled and his love for photography truly shows in his work. His use of natural light and composition is on point. We absolutely loved our honeymoon photos.

Sent on 03/30/2018
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 27
  • Nicki

Nicki · Married on 11/24/2017

Great at capturing the moment

Genya was wonderful. Her style was candid photojournalism which was perfect for us, but I am sure she would be great at more posed or traditional styles.
    The most important thing for us was capturing the fun moments in the ceremony and the memories of celebrating with all of our friends. We also got some beautiful shots of the decorations which is a wonderful memory of the details of the day.
    It was a big event for a destination wedding (50 people) but still felt special and intimate. She did a great job fitting in.
    We had a wonderful, magical day and she did a great job capturing that.

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 32
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 33
    Genya + Erik Shenko Photography 34

Genya + Erik Shenko Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your words, Nicki!
    Your wedding was full of emotions and it was so easy to document it all from the beginning to the end!

Hesa · Married on 09/07/2017

We randomly stumbled upon Genya and Erik's website online and immediately knew that we wanted to work with them on an anniversary photoshoot in Tulum. They picked us up from our hotel early morning and we instantly felt great vibes from them, which eventually translated into our photographs. They are a lovely couple based in Playa del Carmen who work very well together to ensure that the photos turn out stunning and artistic (nothing generic about them) Genya actually broke her toe but that didn't stop her from showing up and giving us 100%, which we appreciated so much. Overall the photographs turned out beautiful, and the shoot was definitely a highlight to our trip in Mexico. We HIGHLY recommend booking them for a wedding shoot, or even just for an underwater 'trash the dress' shoot (which we did at one of the Cenotes). You will not regret the experience!

Sent on 10/25/2017

TingTing · Married on 08/29/2017

I highly recommended Genya + Erik. They are extremely professional and expert on capturing the most precious moments. We were recommended by my friend who had their destination wedding in mexico. We were so happy that we chose Erik as the pictures were absolutely fabulous!

Sent on 12/27/2017
  • X

Xuan · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Shenko Photography for our wedding pictures. We had pre-wedding session to get to know our photographers more and warm up ourselves. The wedding day went so well and because of Genya and Erik we were able to enjoy the day without pressures. The underwater session is definitely a blast! Wonderful experience and I want to do it again! All the poctires turned out to be so nice. High quality and natural. Exactly what we want. We are really happy that we chose Shenko. It is one of the best decision we made for our big day!

Sent on 03/07/2018

John · Married on 04/15/2017

Genya and Erik were wonderful to work with. We're so happy with the way that they captured the spirit of our wedding day. The faces and emotions of our family, friends, and loved ones were brilliantly photographed. Great attention to technical details while still allowing us to relax and be in the moment. Thanks!

Sent on 03/17/2018

POLOVINKO · Married on 01/12/2017

My husband and I hired Genya and Erik (Genya + Erik Shenko Photography) to work our wedding knowing that they have a talent for capturing the most natural of moments with a lens! Their photographs speak for themselves. The most important aspect of our wedding for us was capturing those unique moments with our dear people. The end result was something we will forever cherish... When we first saw our wedding photos, we were overjoyed with how beautiful and organic the photos were. Besides for being thrilled with their work of art, Erik and Genya were extremely pleasant to work with. Among all of the stress that my husband and I dealt with on our wedding day, photography was not one of them. Shenko photography allowed my husband and I to be ourselves throughout our photo shoot while capturing the most memorable moments. We couldn't be happier with their work.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Sara · Married on 10/20/2016

I can not recommend these guys enough!! we are so over the moon with the quality of our pictures, which are truly breathtaking! Genya and Erik are beautiful people, who were always on hand for the 18th month running up to our wedding, to answer questions and always put me at ease. They let your day just happen and capture it in motion, we have the most beautiful and honest pictures! An absolute pleasure to work with, and honestly I can't thank them enough. Always have a place in our familys hearts!! Sara & Dean Harvey

Sent on 01/24/2017

Leslie · Married on 10/12/2016

Our experience with Genya and Eric was great! They are dynamic, enthusiastic and professional photographers with an excellent eye for composition and the ability to capture a perfect moment spontaneously. We love our wedding photos!!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Jonathan · Married on 10/08/2016

Erik and Genya are and amazing photographs and artist, all the steps during the process where very clear and professional since the first moment, the result was more than we where expecting and we are very happy to take this moments back home, their underwater session are stunning.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Diana · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I came across Genya & Erik's website and found exactly what we wanted. They have an exceptional ability to capture unscripted emotion in every situation. Our wedding photos are so beautifully honest and warm, they are just so... ''us''! And in addition to being outstanding photographers and artists, they are amazing human beings. Their professionalism, warmth and genuine enthusiasm for their work impressed us and everyone at our wedding who met them. My parents fall in love with this couple and many other friends were asking us about how they do to be at so many places at the same time. Erik and Genya documented our day as we were feeling it, but also they captured so many love-filled moments throughout the entire day that my husband and I can't remember. We can't stop looking at our gorgeous wedding photos. I absolutely recommend Shenko to anyone wanting fabulous, true, in the moment photos from a personable and professional duo.

Sent on 12/18/2016

We had the pleasure of meeting Genya for our wedding while searching for a photgrapher for our special day. From the start, Genya is quite the professional and understands the customer's needs. Her pictures were amazing and even looking back at them, those photos told a story! We knew we had chosen the best photographer and for any events needed for us we will strongly suggest her services and refer her to others who are looking for an awesome photographer!! Thank you once again..you are an angel!!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Nasreen · Married on 07/30/2016

When planning our wedding in Mexico we knew we wanted to work with a local photographer as we were not interested in the services that the resort offered. In doing some research we came across Shenko Photography. We were instantly engaged from the quality of their photos, the way each photo tells a story and makes you feel as if you were there in that moment. My husband and I knew with a destination wedding we would have some family and friends that could not attend so having a photographer that would be able to tell the story of the wedding day was very important for us. When reaching out to Genya & Erik they were very responsive and began the relationship by asking us to complete a questionnaire to make sure we were the right fit for one another. This was a big surprise to us and reassured us that we wanted to work with individuals that really do care, that want what is best for you. Fast forward a year to the wedding week, Genya and Erik continued to be very responsive. We enjoyed our pre shoot the day before the wedding, Erik helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and was great at providing guidance. The day of the wedding was equally as comfortable! Upon receiving our photos we were shocked at the level of detail of each photo. Every intimate moment was captured, from getting ready to the reception, not one single moment was missed. The photos were organized in a way to tell the story of our wedding day which was nice. As we reviewed our photos we felt as if we were reliving that day. We loved working with Shenko Photography and thank them for all of their hard work!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Ericka · Married on 07/23/2016

This adorable couple are fantasic! A magic photo shoot.

Sent on 01/30/2017

I had an amazing experience at my wedding with them. Very professionnal and understand the need of a customer. The pictures were simply magical. I would defenately refer my friends and family.

Sent on 01/29/2017