Genevieve Hansen Photography Reviews

23 Reviews for Genevieve Hansen Photography

• Shantel

Shantel Montgomery · Getting married on 09/07/2021

Amazing Photographer!

I can't recommend Genevieve enough to capture your most special moments. Genevieve recently took our engagement pictures in the mountains and they turned out better than we could ever imagine! All of our photos are so classic and timeless, which we love! This was our first time taking professional photos so we were a little nervous and didn't know what to expect. Genevieve made us feel at ease and gave us simple and clear directions on how to pose. She was so patient and easygoing. I can't wait until she photographs are wedding this summer- I know our pictures will be gorgeous!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Shantel! I'm so glad you love them as much as I do! I'm looking forward to photographing your wedding as well!

Lane Ryan · Married on 02/29/2020

Organized, thoughtful, flexible

Genevieve was wonderful! She did an amazing job of keeping our wedding day on track, capturing the pictures my husband and I wanted, and delivering classic photos. She worked well with our large families and knew how to make us feel comfortable. We are so thankful we found her!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Lane! I appreciate you taking the time! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your wonderful family!
  • Brittany

Brittany Beeg · Married on 08/02/2019

Beautiful, Light and Airy Photos

Genevieve is so professional, organized and talented! Her portfolio demonstrates how well she captures each special moment and captures the light to make everything look perfect. I so appreciate how Genevieve organized the bridal party and family members for portraits so we could remember everyone who attended, but also keep everything on time. It helped keep the stress off me so I didn't have to think about wrangling stray family members for photos. She was even gracious enough to capture a group photo of all 175 guests! I would highly recommend Genevieve to anyone looking to capture their special day. Thank you for all your hard work!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Brittany! You guys were a dream to work with and such a beautiful wedding day!

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2018

Photography

Genevieve did an amazing job!! She knew all the highlights of our venue, and she helped us prepare for a seamless wedding day! She is very professional, and we love our photos!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

Hire Genevieve if you want beautiful, perfect photos

Working with Genevieve was wonderful from start to finish. She was great at helping direct us through the whole wedding planning process, and asked lots of great questions to make sure we got all the pictures we wanted. Our photos turned out absolutely GORGEOUS. I love all 2000 of them equally and can't figure out how I'm going to pare them down into just one photo book. She did a great job of making sure we got the standard photos as well capturing all of our little intimate candid moments. Just hire Genevieve. She is amazing.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie! I really appreciate you taking the time to review me! It was wonderful working with you!

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

Genevieve photographed our engagement session and our wedding in Colorado and we could not be more pleased with our photos, her and the whole process! She was easy to communicate with and met with us before we booked her to get to know each other. Our photos were sent to us right on time and the blog post she wrote with them was very special. These photos are something we will keep for a lifetime and are so happy how they turned out.. I would definitely recommend Genevieve!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Vinieysha · Married on 06/03/2017

Our Engagement shoot came out so great! We had so much fun. A few laughs here and there. You made the experience amazing Thanks again!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Vinieysha, thank you so much for taking the time to review me! I really appreciate it!

Everyone has a piece of the wedding planning that is important to them. For my fiancé it was food and for me it was photography. My cousin got married a few years ago and it was their biggest regret when they decided to hire a friend to take pictures for them and now they don't have those special memories. I was also really cautious finding a photographer because ones I have had in the past were horribly expensive, require additional costs to print the photos, and there was nothing they took that I really loved. My fiancé and I went to the bridal show and were overwhelmed with the amount of photographers there but there was something about Genevieve that really stood out to us. She wasn't pushy for a sale, she listened to us, her husband was hilarious, she was relatable and kind, and her pictures were gorgeous. As we continued to see others there, I became more and more sure that she would meet my expectations and she went above and beyond. Communication was so easy with her and she would respond back to us almost immediately. She helped us pick out outfits, gave us a guide on different places that she recommended with examples, and she also gave us a picture of exactly where she would be in the location (which sounds silly, but made that day a lot less awkward). Throughout the whole shooting process, she was able to make us laugh and tell us how to move our postures and body parts to look good. We had an absolute blast, and her creative visions turned out to be perfect pictures. She magically was able to capture those moments that you share with your significant other when you look into each other’s eyes or push back their hair, those moments when you remind each other that you love them. Also, I had been insecure about my body for some time due to health issues and I almost cried when I saw the pictures because her recommendations actually made me look (and feel) beautiful.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much for your recommendation! I really, really appreciate it, and I'm so glad you had a great experience!

Nicole · Married on 12/18/2016

She was really flexible and truly understanding of the importance of engagement photos and representing each individual relationship.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Genevieve did our wedding and was absolutely amazing! Not only was she responsive before our wedding, but she was great the day of at getting everyone organized. She really focused on what was important to me and my husband which we appreciated.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing me! It was wonderful to work with you!

Christina · Married on 06/28/2016

Genevieve did both our engagement session and our wedding day photos. My husband and I have received many compliments on our pictures. She is an artist who is detail oriented but was also flexible and willing to try new things to capture our day. I can't say enough great things about her!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Christina! I appreciate you taking the time to review me!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2016

My fiancé and I used Genevieve for our engagement photos last year and our wedding photos last June. She is AMAZING!! From the very beginning, she was extremely helpful. She is very quick to reply to emails and always willing to answer any and all questions we have. We did our engagement photos at Tempe Center for the Arts on a weekday evening. She arrived before us to scope out the area and find some good spots for photos. By the time we arrived, she knew exactly where she wanted to go and gave excellent directions the entire shoot. It was a horribly windy and hot day so I was a little worried that the photos would be hard to capture but she was a great sport, and extremely patient with the weather conditions. The session was technically scheduled for 60 minutes, but we were there for well over an hour because she didn't rush us, and didn't stop until she was sure she got everything she needed. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the whole photoshoot. The photos were about a three week turnaround and turned out absolutely INCREDIBLE!
    For our wedding, she was always available via phone or email to answer questions and even sat down and had a phone call with me to go over the photography schedule four months before the wedding. She then met with us to touch base and go over everything about a month prior and I never once doubted her ability to capture every part of our big day. Day of the wedding, she was extremely professional, and blended into the background to get her photos. She arrived on time and had scoped out the site beforehand so she knew exactly where she wanted to take us. We stayed on schedule and she was great at directing my whole wedding party and families during portraits. I cannot sing her praises high enough. Her pricing is unbeatable and the quality is better than anything I could have imagined. If you do not hire Genevieve, you are missing out!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Deborah · Married on 03/26/2016

Genevieve is stellar! Super professional, friendly and easy to work. We did our engagement session with her, and she knew just the right time of day for optimal lighting + the location of our shot well enough to suggest nearby locations for additional picture taking. We chose her originally because of the warm, relaxed but finished appearance of her photos. She has great creative instincts and her prices are competitive too. Overall we are very happy and recommend her highly.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Shiloah · Married on 11/11/2015

Genevieve is INCREDIBLE! My fiancé and I were looking for candid, professional shots with an artistic flare... what Genevieve delivered was magazine quality and professionalism that is second to none. What she was able to create was pure magic!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

Genevieve Hansen is absolutely amazing! She photographed our wedding this past September and she captured our day better than I had ever imagined. She is incredible at wrangling guests in for the pictures they are needed for. I would 100% recommend Genevieve Hansen photography to any of my friends/family! Our photos turned out incredible and she really made us look good. Thanks a ton Gen!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Taylor · Married on 06/12/2015

I found Genevieve on google and am so grateful that I did! She captured so many beautiful moments from our wedding that we will cherish forever. She was sweet and professional and worked around what I wanted and within my budget. I would highly recommend this talented lady!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Genevieve is an absolutely amazing photographer. We had her do both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. The quality of the photos is stunning and Genevieve herself was awesome to work with. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Noemi · Married on 10/25/2014

I fell in love with her work and knew we had to book her for our wedding. Besides being talented at what she does, she is very sweet and professional.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Genevieve Hansen Photography's reply:

Hey Noemi! It's been a while! Thank you for coming back and reviewing me! I so appreciate it!

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2014

Genevieve was very accommodating in helping us find a perfect photo package for our budget. She was extremely pleasant to work with and very professional. Genevieve was very prompt to answer any question or concern we had regarding the photography process. She was great and I highly recommend her for your next event!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Clara · Married on 07/31/2014

We loved working with Freebird Photographic. Genevieve is so fun and professional. She flew out to take our engagement photos, and I couldn't imagine better pictures. They are beautiful, colorful and tasteful. I would recommend her 100%!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Addison · Married on 05/20/2014

My wife and I were thrilled after working with Freebird Photographic. Genevieve is easy to work with, she made us very comfortable, we were able to be ourselves, and though friendly she was very professional. Her image quality is exceptional and the photos felt natural. I would definitely hire her again, and I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/28/2014
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 11/21/2013

FreeBird photographic has photographed me and my husband several times and we are always very satisfied with the photos. She knows the look we are going for and friends always comment on how beautiful our pictures turn out. It was totally natural that we would go back to her for this and I would hire her a million times over. Even months later friends are still telling me how beautiful my pictures looked.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 06/19/2017

Genevieve was so wonderful! She was very attentive to get to know my husband and I as a couple, and it really showed in the pictures. Very professional, and BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Sent on 07/27/2017