Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering Reviews

Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering 6
Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering 7

Sean Glover · Married on 07/27/2019

Awesome People

My wife and I were so incredibly happy with how things went with our wedding. Brian, the manager of Events Catering was so accommodating to what my wife wanted. The food was INCREDIBLE. The price was all inclusive to include tables, linens, chairs, the catering, beer and wine, AND the DJ. All for under 12k! The staff is very professional and they helped make our day very special! We could not have been more pleased with this service!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Erin · Married on 10/20/2018

10/20/18 Darlington, MD Wedding

Brian and his team made our day unbelievable. He was so professional, easy going and our guests raved about the food. His staff also went above and beyond to help set up our chairs for our reception when we were running behind. I would definitely recommend Events Catering, and am so grateful to them for giving me such an amazing day!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing vendor! Dreams do come true!

Geneva farms made our dreams come true in our budget! I rememeber I first messaged them on Friday May 5th at 7:16 pm not expecting a response until the next day. We were scheduled to tour 3 different venues that day. Geneva replied in 25 minutes and we ended up canceling all tours and just went to Geneva. We immediately fell in love and had booked with them on May 19th. I love that the venue truly is all inclusive. From an amazing in house DJ, bakery they're affiliated with, offer a photographer, officiant, florist and all. Plus catering is done right there! I'll never forget that Mr.Pieper personally drove our price proposal to our apartment up 3 flights of stairs because he was unsure if we were apt I or 1. Who does that? He's amazing! They were so easy to work with from start to finish. My only complaint was on our wedding day the ceremony aisle was too small. But I can't fault the entire venue on that-just whoever organized the seating. Would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering 19
    Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering 20
    Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering 21

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2018

We loved working with the staff at Geneva Farms. Brian was wonderful! He made sure every request we made was handled. Really easy to work with and accommodating.
    Our guests said the crab dip during cocktail hour was delicious!
    My bridesmaids and mom said the staff did an excellent job packing up everything while my husband and I made our sparkler exit.
    My husband and I both enjoyed that everything was included with Geneva Farms. It made wedding planning much easier with everything included. The bakery, food, DJ and staff were all wonderful! I highly recommend Geneva Farms!
    BONUS: There is a silo with spiral stairs that produces some beautiful wedding photos.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Eric · Married on 04/23/2017

Events Catering made our event! Between the excellent service, assisting us in fitting our budget, and remaining easy to contact...we could not have asked for better service. During the event, they kept things flowing and ensured our guests, AND WE, were enjoying our time and everything was fully stocked. The food was amazing and the portions were great...big enough to where we brought food home for the next week! Seriously, do yourself a favor and book with these guys...you won't regret it and you'll be making the wedding planning that much easier!
    - Eric and Sarah

Sent on 09/12/2017

Katie · Married on 10/29/2016

When me and my husband first walked into Geneva Farms to check out the venue it only took us 1min to know this was it. It was very rustic and intimate feeling. We scheduled 2 years in advance to be less stressed which was a great idea for us. Mr. Peiper was wonderful to me through out my whole experience. I met his daughter Fran a few weeks before the wedding and she also was great. Our wedding was Oct. 29, 2016 and turned out better then I expected. It looked so beautiful and Mr. Peiper and Fran did everything to make sure it was perfect. The price was great. We did our ceremony there as well which also turned out perfect. I can't speak for the food considering I was too excited to eat. My guest ate and nobody has complained that I have heard. DJ Dan was also great. Very chill and is all about having your guest on the dance floor. I would absolutely do it again at Geneva Farms Golf club.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Marcia · Married on 09/05/2015

Our daughter's wedding was beautiful! Geneva Farms provides an ideal location for an outdoor wedding and the Harford Catering team did an exceptional job with the ceremony and reception. The price was reasonable with no hidden costs and the food was delicious! Our guests loved the setting and the atmosphere. Thanks again to Mr. Piper, the wedding coordinator and the really cool DJ! Planning the event went very smoothly and there were no issues.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2015

We absolutely loved our ceremony and reception at Geneva Farm Golf Club. We had ours outside behind the building. As an out-of-state bride, the staff dealt mainly with my mother for all of the planning. They had everything in the right place at the right time. I really loved that I did not have to pick a linens vendor or a DJ or a caterer in addition. They also recommended the bakery, photographer, and bus service and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Katie · Married on 08/22/2015

You will not find a better deal in Harford County! This venue is a must see if you are looking for your perfect wedding spot on a budget. Perfect venue with great good, and great staff!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

This wedding site is exceptional! The venue is beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was terrific. Mr. Pieper and his daughter were extremely helpful. They were available to answer any questions morning, noon, and night 7 days a week. DJ Dan was excellent! The food was wonderful and the bartender made excellent drinks. Best of all the prices were unbeatable! We were trying to have a nice wedding without spending a fortune. We were so happy to find this venue. They were able to give us everything we wanted in the budget we were hoping for. If you decide to go with this venue you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 05/16/2015

We had our wedding at Harford Caterers at Geneva Farms and it was phenomenal. The team was responsive and very flexible. We didn't have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding, it was completely carefree and stress free thanks to the team. The DJ was so much fun! The food and cake was great as well. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is planning a wedding. You cannot beat the price for all that is included.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Allison · Married on 05/09/2015

I would and do recommend them to anyone.Best price anywhere and wonderful to work with. They have everything right there and did it all for me. Experienced. Friendly. Flexible. Food was delicious.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Susan · Married on 04/04/2015

My reception at Geneva Farm was on April 4, 2015. Everything was perfect. All of my guests had a wonderful time and I continue to hear so many positive comments about my reception. The food was very good - especially the crab dip and the chicken marsala. The DJ was excellent. He kept my guests dancing and I appreciated the ease of his online service which I used to complete a planning form and a list of music that I wanteed played at my reception. My tables were set up exactly as I wanted them. I appreciate the staff setting up my centerpieces so that none of my family or friends had to miss my ceremony to do this or feel rushed on my wedding day. I would use Harford Caterers @ Geneva Farm again and I highly recommend them. Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Mary · Married on 03/18/2012

I had a wonderful experience with Harford Caterers at Geneva Farms Golf Club. They were wonderful and the staff was great. They let us come early to take pictures and I got great reviews from my guest about the food. The DJ also did a good job with the music. Overall The experience was good, and you can't beat the price. They offered a lot of options when it came to food and liquor. Plus the golf course is very pretty and was a great spot for pictures.

The only thing I didn't like about Harford Caterers was when it came to paying the final balance. I thought I would have gotten a paper invoice laying out everything, but Mr Pieper is old school, and did everything on a calculator. Not that I didn't trust his numbers, it just would have been nice to have everything on paper.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Alison · Married on 10/29/2011

When starting to plan our wedding we wanted an intimate venue with the ability to have the ceremony and reception in one location. Not only were we able to have the perfect date and time, but the service we received was amazing. It's a wonderful venue to use as it is family owned, which meant a lot to us.
    All-inclusive, worry (and drama) free, and affordable. If you want simple, easy, and stress-free this is the place. From center-pieces to the DJ (who is amazing) most everything is included.
    A friend who got engaged after us, picked Geneva because of the ease and affordability.

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • Roni

Roni · Married on 10/11/2008

Harford Caterers at Geneva Farms did an excellent job at making my wedding reception an experience I will always happily remember. They provided everything I ever wanted in a reception, from personalized service for me and my groom, to excellent service to all my guests. The food was average, appetizers were the best, the environment was outstanding, the music was excellent, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the staff was friendly and accomodating. I really could not have asked for a better experience. The price was excellent, especially when considering all the services provided.

Sent on 10/23/2008

Jessica · Married on 03/15/2008

This was beautiful golf course. All of our guest loved the country atmosphere. I recommend this for anyone getting married in the north of Baltimore, Maryland.

Sent on 05/23/2008

Kelly · Married on 12/01/2018

Total package for reasonable price!!

Geneva Farm Golf Course provides a venue that covers it all--from catering, to DJ, to bartender, etc--at a great price! Guests are still commenting on the quality of the food--we had a BBQ style. The scallops wrapped in bacon were a huge hit. We were able to set up decorations on Friday (based on our preference) but did not have to worry about setting up tables, equipment, etc as this was all taken care of. It was great to have the caterer, venue, wait staff, DJ, all in one and saved time in collaboration and planning. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding for this reason. Brian was great to work with and very flexible with meeting needs. He was easy to contact through email or message. Only one star removed for timing of the tasting, clarification of some details, etc which seemed to keep getting pushed back; however that was partly limited by our schedule as well. I would get married again in a heart beat and had an amazing experience with this venue. It made the planning process so simple and took a lot of stress off. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Meg · Married on 10/11/2014

When we set our wedding budget we never would have dreamed we would actually find a venue that met our needs both financially and aesthetically without having to compromise our wedding day wish list. From the first meeting to the clean up after our wedding the staff at Geneva farm supports you every step of the way. They welcomed our creativity and helped us bring to life the wedding of our dreams. Geneva farms provided us with wonderful recommendations for a florist (jonathans florist. His work was lovely and he was able to provide us with over 100 pumpkins and squash), transportation, bakery (we used our own but I'm sure there's would've been wonderful too) and rental vendor (chair covers and sashes). They provide in house catering, bar tending and the DJ. The only regret we have for that day is that it didn't last longer ;) My husband and I both say we wish we would've had one more hour for the reception. We had a blast without breaking the bank and have gorgeous wedding pictures to show for the next 100 years of marriage. <3

Sent on 04/25/2015

Jenn · Married on 06/02/2012

working full time and being a mom, I wanted to find someplace where the less I had to do the better...I found that with Geneva farms/Harford Caterers. What was included in the price: ceremony, reception, set up and clean up, open beer and wine, our choice of sit down or buffet dinner, DJ, and wedding cake. for everything, it worked out to be about $85 a guest which is reasonable. I really cant say enough good things about it. anytime I had a question, Mr Piper was just one phone call away, the DJ was awesome and Fran was on it! the week before our wedding, we gave them all of our decorations and I was so pleased when I saw the reception area set up; it was beautiful!
    what I would change with this vendor is add more time to our reception, our entire time slot was 1-430 pm which is not very long but we still had a blast. Also, they outsource the wedding cake through Fenwick Bakery and use them exclusively and I did not have a good experience with their cake decorator. although the cake looked good in the end, when we were discussing what I wanted my cake to look like, she refused to do anything that wasn't out of her 1980's cake portfolio and she acted like she could only do a basket weave.
    in response to other reviews about their flexibility; we had no issues there. they do weddings every week, Friday to Sunday so obviously people will need to work their meetings around that and if you are unable to do so, maybe you should reconsider having a wedding at all.
    and also to the people that didn't like Mr Piper...you must have been too sensitive because he was great! he was running a business and there's a reason he has been doing this for 30 plus years. his personality was definitely not unicorns and butterflies but he was kind and very helpful.

Sent on 06/08/2015

M & T · Married on 06/02/2012

3.0

Ron Pieper is a great guy! He was very responsive to all my phone calls and never wanted me to be stressed out. Even though I was hour late to the wedding, they still accomodated us and our wedding and reception was beautiful (we held them both there). They set everything up beautifully, the food was ok (the crab dip was outstanding, my husband and I are still talking about it!!). The cake was good, the DJ was EXCELLENT!!! We were able to dance and have a blast even after being an hour late, he accomodated us so well and got all the music we asked for. Overall my experience was very pleasant and I recommend them. For all the services they provide, you CANNOT beat the price!! My wedding day was a dream come true because of firstly, the Lord Jesus :), who provided everything we needed (money, dress, tux etc..), and secondly them who provided great service and a wonderful wedding day! --Many thanks!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Donna · Married on 06/06/2009

3.8
      2.0

Very organized caterer. They did a good job. They did always seem rushed, though. Everytime we met with them, I felt rushed. I guess they book a lot of business with no time to spare! At the end
    we were a couple of minutes behind schedule, and they were cleaning the floors and piling our stuff up at the door...that was a little embarrassing for us. But overall, we were very pleased with them.

Sent on 07/30/2009

Jen · Married on 10/01/2005

3.4
      3.5

Harford Caterers did everything they promised to do. The food was good. they decorated very nicely with the colors i picked out. I would deffinlty use them again.

Sent on 07/26/2008

Katie · Married on 03/10/2012

1.0
      3.0

I really liked this place for the amount of money which it cost. The only problem is that they were not flexible at all with anything. It had be their way or no way! If you needed to have an appointment time that didn't fit into their schedule you had to change your own schedule!

Sent on 04/03/2012

Geneva Farm Golf Club ft Events Catering's reply:

I am sorry that you found us inflexible. We were doing the best we could at the time. As you know, we are a family run business. The owner's wife was diagnosed with cancer in December of 2011. She was hospitalized in January of 2012 and remained in the hospital until April of 2012. She passed in July of 2012. At the time of your wedding, our schedules were very busy with taking care of of business needs and running back and forth to the hospital. We did not have a plan in place for something like this as it all happened so suddenly. Just remember - You never know what people are going through.