Genesis Wedding Planning Reviews

14 | Brooklyn, NY

14 Reviews for Genesis Wedding Planning

Amanda Lee · Married on 07/20/2019

Shirley was amazing!

My husband and I were so glad we hired Shirley to be our day of coordinator. She helped us sort through details prior to the wedding, and was familiar with the Sheraton as a venue. She also came to the rehearsal and met all our family members. On the day of, she coordinated everything from setting up the venue and decorations, to the order of our photos, to even decorating the wedding cake when she realized it didn't have flowers on it! Things flowed much more smoothly because Shirley was in charge, and managed everything. If you're looking for a coordinator, then we would highly recommend that you hire Shirley!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Hana · Married on 11/05/2016

What's amazing about Shirley is how much she truly cares so much about her clients- both my husband and I could really feel that she treated our special day as if it was her own.

We gave her the very difficult task of planning & designing two weddings- one of which was for 800 guests! Through out the planning process, she was always accommodating and easy to communicate with. She took time to understand what both of our visions were and how we could bring it to life. The day of our wedding, she pulled everything together seamlessly. It's been a month and a half since we got married, and our guests still talk about how memorable everything was!!!!

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better person to help us. THANK YOU SHIRLEY for our magical day!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Marisela · Married on 10/09/2016

Shirley was a blessing to have as my wedding coordinator! We clicked right away when we first met. She really impressed me by her organization, flexibility, professionalism, everything!! She was very informative with a lot different thing's and for sure kept me calm on the wedding day. I'm so happy and glad I chose for our special day!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kevin · Married on 09/17/2016

Honestly, I was not sure if I wanted to get a day-of coordinator. I really thought that we can handle all of the logistics ourselves. But my wife seriously wanted to get one, and I really couldn’t be happier with that decision. We had a typical Chinese banquet in Flushing, New York. The only problem is that I don’t speak a single word of Chinese. Not only Shirley coordinated with the vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly, but she acted as an informal translator between us and our Chinese vendors.

When it came to wedding day, everything ran smoothly. She made sure that the food came out on the right time, the DJ played the right music, the guests are happy, etc. My wife also had an emergency wedding dress situation – no one knew how to bustle her dress! We needed the dress bustled right before our first dance, or we would be tripping all over each other. Shirley and her assistant were super helpful and were able to successfully help my wife bustle her dress. Saved the day! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Mo · Married on 09/09/2016

Shirley is amazing! I hired her to coordinate on the wedding day. She's immensely thorough and super detail-oriented. I wish I had hired her from the get-go, that would save me so much time and energy!

I simply can't say enough good thing about her. I'd recommend her to everyone who wants a peace of mind on your big day. You won't go wrong with her!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Christine · Married on 09/03/2016

Trust me, going with Genesis Wedding will be the best wedding planning decision you make, period! I knew from the beginning that I would want a day-of coordinator to make sure our wedding day goes smoothly. Unfortunately, Shirley was already booked for our date by the time I found Genesis, but we decided to go with Genesis anyway for the wedding design package which included stationery and reception decor. We seriously loved literally everything that Shirley & BK produced for us, and our guests raved about everything they did as well, not knowing that it was all Genesis' work. Compliments poured in months before our wedding about how unique and personalized our invitations were, and we're still hearing about how impressed our guests were when they saw our logo and theme tied into our beautiful reception decor. Every detail was absolutely perfect and we've received requests from our guests for referrals to Genesis. I think that alone speaks volumes about Genesis' work -- other people liked it so much, they want it for their own weddings!

Shirley truly goes above and beyond to make wedding planning easier on her brides and grooms. Even though we didn't hire Genesis for wedding planning, she gave us advice about our seating chart and table arrangements, and helped us with some questions we had about Chinese etiquette. Shirley even helped us look for chair cover rentals a couple weeks before our wedding when we realized the venue's chair covers wouldn't work. We ended up booking with a vendor that we found ourselves, and Shirley still generously offered to pick up and drop off the covers all the way in Brooklyn so that we would have one less thing to do before the wedding and could immediately go on our honeymoon.

Working with Shirley is more like working with a friend than a vendor. She really cared about making our day the best that it could be. My only regret is that I didn't find Genesis sooner, so that I could have had Shirley be our coordinator too!

Sent on 10/16/2016

They could fulfil your dream, the only thing you need is just speak out.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Working with Shirley was a great experience! We wanted to serve Chinese food family style for the main reception meal. Shirley contacted several restaurants, arranged multiple dinners and meetings, and helped us choose Fu Run. The whole experience went so smoothly and all of our friends and family raved about the delicious food.

The day of, Shirley did a great job of working with all of our vendors. We met a week in advance to review the day of plan and the list of vendors. She made sure to follow up and everyone arrived without any issues. She worked with everyone behind the scenes, so we could enjoy our day and spend extra time with our friends and family.

We feel so lucky to have found her! We highly recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding in Flushing, Queens or the NYC-area.

Sent on 11/26/2015

Our wedding was on 5.2.15. Genesis Wedding provided us with excellent services since day one till the wedding day. They are very cooperative and creative. We had several meetings to discuss our wedding theme and ideas. They brought our wedding ideas into reality, and it came out very unique and memorable. I LOVE MY WEDDING SO MUCH! Genesis Wedding is the best choice!!!!! I will definitely recommend them to friends and family. My husband and I are grateful to have Genesis Wedding to be part of our special day! **THUMBS UP**

Sent on 06/08/2015

Cody · Married on 09/07/2013

Our wedding was on 2013-09-07. Genesis Wedding made our wedding special and unique. From the preparation to the wedding day, Genesis Wedding oversaw every aspect. They were professional, but very personable when dealing with our desires and we appreciate every detail. We loved our wedding and it was great to have Genesis Wedding to be our wedding planner.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Carrie · Married on 11/22/2014

Genesis Wedding went thru the whole planning process with us, along with setting a unique theme, invitation design and production and venue decoration including church and banquet. We love the way that the invitation and venue decoration were tailored with the unique wedding theme that we brainstormed together! It was a memorable wedding for us! The team is very responsive, dedicated and talented. Highly recommend if you want an unique and memorable wedding!

Sent on 03/15/2015

You have done an incredible job – the design, color, decoration perfectly matched what we wanted. You are such a great help. Thanks for calming my nerves and being accommodating all the time! We couldn't do it without you.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Hanna · Married on 09/27/2015

Shirley did a great job decorating the venue and she made sure that my parents, who don't speak English feel comfortable and everyone at the wedding has a good time. She traveled from Queens, NY to West Orange, NJ to offer her assistance both on the rehearsal day and the wedding day. She's very responsive and flexible which makes working with her very easy.

Sent on 11/25/2015