General Warren Reviews

27 Reviews for General Warren

• Stephanie

Stephanie Fortunato · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Venue and Experience

If given the chance to have our wedding all over again (wouldn't that be fun!), we would choose the General Warren Inne every single time. From the moment we booked the venue a year ago to the day after our wedding, we felt completely taken care of. We chose to have a small wedding (~60 people) and do a Saturday brunch. The space was perfect for this size. Both the outdoor ceremony space and indoor spaces are wonderful. Patrick, the proprietor of the GWI, was absolutely amazing. He and his incredibly professional staff were constantly on point. Communication was great and we were never worried about something not going right. Also, our cake was amazing, made by their in-house pastry chef Andy. He did a gorgeous job. We kept the bud vases with fresh flowers and candles that their florist does as our centerpieces rather than getting our own, and they looked perfect. Our guests are still raving about the day and so are we! Thank you GWI!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Kurtz · Married on 09/20/2019

Wonderful experience

This inn was superb for our intimate wedding. I can not say enough about Patrick and his staff! Friendly and diligent. Delicious food, great house wines and a bit of history. Highly recommend this place! Very very accommodating to us and all of our guests. I'm

Sent on 10/15/2019

sue · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful Venue for Rehearsal and Dinner!

We hosted a recent wedding rehearsal and dinner at the GWI for our son and daughter-in-law. We had over 2 dozen guests from out of town and this was our first experience dining at this establishment. From the first conversation with Patrick about the planning of the actual rehearsal on the grounds to choosing a customized menu for our event with Tim we were met with a pleasant, accommodating experience! Our guests were very pleased with the beauty of the grounds and restaurant... we had a lovely private cocktail reception on the beautiful outdoor Spring House terrace (the girls just loved the darling little stone house beside the terrace!) which became the site for a number of photos. Our bartender was very friendly and kind as were the ladies who served such delicious appetizers as the prime rib fingers and the garlic/fennel sticks with lobster cream sauce.
    Afterwards, we all ascended upstairs to dine in the bright and airy North Room which overlooks the terrace area and our guests were very impressed with their starters (particularly the snapper turtle soup and the french onion bisque...just amazing!)
    Our guests loved all the generously portioned entrees, including the grilled swordfish with blueberry salsa and filet mignon as well as the Jaeger Schnitzel, asparagus and mushroom risotto and the wonderful pan seared scallops.
    And no one turned turned down a chance to sample the lovely assortment of desserts including chocolate and raspberry mousses as well as sorbet and ice cream...so yummy!
    We would like to thank our wonderful waitress Celeste, who was a joy to work with...so calm, pleasant and personable, for providing us with a memorable experience that we will remember for years to come.
    The bride and groom loved it so much that they are planning on returning for their first anniversary!
    All in all, I highly recommend the General Warren for a welcoming experience in a charming, tasteful setting with a great staff and delicious food and spirits!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Jaimie

Jaimie · Married on 05/05/2019

Just the Best Day!

Tim was our contact at the General Warren Inne and he did an amazing job. All we pretty much had to do was show up. The Inne took care of setting up decorations we brought, handled the food, the cake, and the bar. All we had to do was collect decorations at the end. The day itself ran so smooth and Tim made sure everything went well. There were a few hiccups like massive rain and my arch being too tall. The Inne worked out a back up plan and managed to fit my arch inside. All in all it was a great day and I am so thankful we chose the General Warren Inne as our venue

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Bob

Bob · Married on 11/18/2018

Terrific Venue and Party!!

Patrick and his team provided us with an exceptional day for our daughter's wedding reception.
    Patrick was very communicative during the entire process and was very fairly priced for our event. I am a "foodie" so I was a bit nervous prior to the party, but my fears were alleviated quickly because I had numerous people come up to me during the party telling me how terrific the food was as soon as they started with the hors d'oeuvres.

Thank you for a terrific event!!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Ela · Married on 03/03/2018

We planned a small (11 person ceremony) in 6 weeks and Patrick made it so easy. Our family loved the food, the atmosphere and our cake was gorgeous. Big or small wedding, we highly recommend the General Warren!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Stacy · Married on 01/15/2018

We met with Patrick the proprietor to discuss holding an intimate wedding of 25. He had no problems accommodating our last minute, small party with various rooms to use, a customized menu and lots of special extras. He definitely made us feel at ease that our day will be special. We can't wait until January!
    The General Warren was the perfect location for our wedding. We were planning a small ceremony of 25 people for a Monday luncheon & had a hard time finding a place that was 1) open & 2) willing to host that small of a group. I sent an initial email & was pleasantly surprised when Patrick wrote back that it was not a problem. Once my husband & I met with Patrick, toured the Inne & sampled the food, we were sold! He met every request we had with good-natured ease. On our wedding day, we had the ceremony in the North room, the reception on the heated terrace & our luncheon in the Carriage room. The staff set up each room beautifully, were friendly, attentive & very accommodating. Everyone raved over the quaintness of the Inne, the food & the staff. We are so thrilled we chose this venue!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Maja · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding at the General Warren this past Saturday and Patrick and his staff exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable. The venue is unique, warm, classic and inviting. The food is refined, delicious, innovative, and yet familiar. The GW is incredibly accommodating to allergies and dietary restrictions of all kinds-and they know how to do it without compromising on flavor, quality and presentation.Patrick helped coordinate our wedding and worked incredibly well with all of our vendors. Our wedding was a blend of two cultures and Patrick and his staff pulled it off incredibly well. Everything was perfectly and impeccably executed. They truly went above and beyond for us in every way. The hospitality and attention to detail provided by the GW staff was felt throughout the planning and execution of our event. They cared for us like family and we are truly, truly touched. We would choose the GW again for our special day in a heartbeat. We look forward to finding more reasons to celebrate at the GW. Thank you so much to Patrick and staff! If we could give you more than 5 stars, we would.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot say enough great things about this place! We had our wedding here and it was amazing! Patrick is the best! He was sensible, professional, full of great ideas, and made our wedding dreams come true! We loved working with him! Our wedding was 50 people and it was the perfect location for ceremony and reception! Everyone raved about the food and service! It was the best day ever! Thank you!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Kayla · Married on 09/23/2017

We worked with Tim last year to plan our September Wedding at the General Warren. Considering how weddings are viewed as this big stressful event with so much to do--our wedding at the General Warren was a breeze. We had 50 guests for a Saturday evening wedding and were married in the side garden. Our wedding cake made by Andy at the General Warren was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I had pictured! Our guests still rave about how great dinner was and the cake. If you're looking to plan a stress-free but still sophisticated wedding, the General Warren is an amazing venue. Compared to others in the area, the General Warren is by far a hidden value and we would get married here again in a heartbeat. We're looking forward to spending our first Anniversary dinner back here this weekend--we loved it that much!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kris · Married on 06/17/2017

I cannot say enough about Patrick and the team at General Warren. My daughter and new husband live abroad, so as the mother of the bride I was responsible for all the planning. Patrick was a great sounding board and provided guidance regarding menu planning, decor, ceremony options and accommodations. He and his pastry chef helped us create the most beautiful and delicious cake and took the stress out of ordering it from a bakery and transporting it. The food was spectacular and our guests could not say enough about the generous portions, the creatively prepared entrees, and the availability of hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour. Several people remarked that they were so good that they were almost too full for their meal. Additionally the wine list is excellent and the quality and variety of beer and spirits was impressive. The bartenders ensured that everyone got what they ordered as soon as they ordered it. You can't beat the setting. We had the event Saturday afternoon which meant we had the entire site to ourselves. Our guests were free to mingle at the bar and on the outside deck and grounds. We had the main dining room for the meal and the smaller dining room at the back of the property for the cake display and photo booth. The service was impeccable. The team made sure that glasses were continuously filled, appetizers were abundant, plates were cleared timely and they paid special attention to ensure the bride and groom had time to themselves and got something to eat amidst the festivities. I HIGHLY recommend the General Warren!!

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Natalie62

Natalie · Married on 10/08/2016

How Perfect! How Patrick!

Compared to others, ours was a somewhat rushed wedding in a 7 month turnaround. GWI is completely equipped to deal with that. We weren’t having a huge wedding either: 75 people, which is perfect for the GWI. Patrick was very diligent with his emailing and fine attention to detail throughout the entire planning process. I have no idea how many couples he deals with at once, but Patrick has a way of making you feel important among the rest.

We had a Saturday afternoon wedding at the General Warren. So we stayed the night before and stayed night of in their beautiful and unique rooms, which really helped with my stress level. Both innkeepers are absolutely delightful. They also made sure we had coffee and something to eat both mornings. Patrick was there coordinating that morning, making sure everything went smooth amongst the chaos of getting ready. And the rain held off just in time for us to have our ceremony outdoors!

During the wedding and reception, Patrick and the staff at the General Warren were absolutely wonderful and completely experienced. They made sure everyone ate and everyone had a full glass. And how my guests raved about the food! The GWI was able to accommodate our vegetarian guests as well. Everyone had an amazing and fun time; our wedding had a life of its own at the GWI. Especially my Jersey guests were amazed by the venue and how it isn’t like the rest.

In the end, what we received for our wedding at the General Warren Inn and what we paid for: it was worth every single penny and then some. What you get in quality for the price you pay is absolutely worth it! We cannot wait to go back for anniversaries or a special getaway. I could probably go on for hours about the niddy griddy details of the amount of amazing this venue is.

Thank you Patrick and the General Warren Inn for giving us memories of a lifetime!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Marissa · Married on 08/13/2016

I highly recommend booking your wedding at the General Warren Inne! They went above and beyond for my bridal party, friends, and family. Many people came up to us during and after the wedding to ask how I found such a nice venue. The food was incredible! I had 80 guests at my wedding, and we all fit in the main dining room and patio. I used the patio for a table of teenagers (ages 13 - 18) who were more than happy to have a teeny bit of space from their parents. Tim, in particular, is absolutely incredible! He clearly loves what he does and is dedicated to making the day memorable and special. My bridal party, myself, and my husband stayed at the Inne the night before and the night of the wedding. We booked all 8 rooms, which was really nice! My other guests stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton, which is 1 mile away and got to and from General Warren via Homewood Suites complimentary shuttle. Book here for a smaller wedding! (under 120ish)

Sent on 08/28/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2016

I feel like the previous reviews have said it all. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious, and the price that we ended up paying was very reasonable. I must commend the staff of the General Warren Inne, and especially Patrick, for doing such a great job in keeping everything running smoothly. There were 3 weddings on the same day, including ours, and we didn't notice at all. When our guests stayed later than we expected and we thought we had to tell the shuttles to come later, Patrick already had it covered. We planned out wedding from across the country and it was stress free to work with the General Warren Inne from start to finish.

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • Sim

Sim · Married on 06/05/2016

My sons wedding was at General Warren Inne in 2010 it was wonderful. We liked it so much we chose the venue for our black tie wedding in June. Its a lovely venue plenty of photo opportunities at this pretty historic location. They recently renovated it looks wonderful. The food is fantastic. Patrick the owner is very accommodating . If you have your wedding on a Sunday you have the entire place all day. There are several lovely rooms in the Inne. We planning on spending the night along with several members of the bridal party.

Sent on 04/29/2016

My wedding reception was recently held at the General Warren. We booked the rooms for that entire weekend for ourselves and guests, as well. I must say, Patrick Byrne, the owner, along with his staff - management team, waitress/waiter, and Innkeeper were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK in terms of service, hospitality and, catering to our every need. We and the guests never had to ask for a thing. They anticipated our every need. I received endless complements from many of my guest - 68 total. Many guests have said that it was the best wedding they ever attended. We had our cocktails outside and then went in for dinner. The food was excellent, especially the Halibut. The bedrooms were clean, cozy and charming. We had the whole place to ourselves, as we were married on a Sunday. It was beyond perfection!!

Sent on 06/24/2016

The GWI was perfect for our intimate Christmas wedding. Staff was so helpful and attentive. Patrick worked with us from day one to make sure everything was just how we imagined. The restaurant is beautifully decorated for Christmas already. We rented out all of the rooms for some of our guests that night. It was perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Diane · Married on 10/19/2014

I knew from the first day I met with Patrick at the General Warren Inne that this would be the perfect venue for our simple but sophisticated wedding. The historic inn is beautiful and charming, the food is excellent, and everyone on staff is professional, friendly and so accomodating. Our day turned out perfectly and the common theme from our guest feedback was 'this was the most beautiful and perfect wedding we ever attended'. Everyone was complimenting me on how it turned out, however little did they know most of the planning was taken care of by Patrick at the General Warren Inne. They've hosted many weddings over the years and everything was laid out for me up front, which made for quick and easy decisions along the way and a totally stress-free planning process. It's like having a free wedding planner!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Janelle & David · Married on 09/12/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was amazing. The cocktail hour was located downstairs in the outdoor lounge, the service was great and then we rented out a room for dinner and the food and service was superb.

Sent on 09/23/2014
  • Bea

Bea · Married on 08/15/2012

The General Warren Inne was a perfect venue for our wedding. It was gorgeous and classy and very reasonably priced with lots of extras to put it over the edge like free centerpieces and a baker right on the premises to do the cake. Patrick went over and above with helping me with all of the little details as well as the big ones and the inne keeper was incredibly helpful and patient as well. She even went through the trash to find something I had lost on that day. I loved having my wedding here and all of my guests could not stop raving about the General Warren

Sent on 09/18/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2011

Elegant, delicious food, impeccable service... I cannot say enough about The General Warren Inn. We will continue to visit for years to come.

Sent on 03/06/2012

Kate · Married on 09/10/2011

The General Warren Inne provides the highest quality service, food and atmosphere without any fuss. We had both our ceremony and reception at the inne and the owner himself, Patrick, took care of us from day 1 and was involved very step of the way. His personal and professional service is what won my husband and I over. Patrick took time out of his day to meet with us and go over every single detail. He is entirely hands on, available to answer any questions, works with you to nail down the schedule, menu, etc. On the actual day of the wedding, Patrick is overseeing and coordinating everything...and I truly mean everything - from seeing that I was OK prior to the ceremony and organizing the bridesmaids and groomsmen for the processional to moving chairs after the ceremony and helping his staff serve food at our buffet stations. He is a man of expertise and he was absolutely integral to everything going smoothly on our wedding day.

Our guests cannot stop raving about the food at our wedding. Everything was cooked to perfection and beautifully displayed. My husband and I did not want to make the mistake of missing our own food, so we can speak from personal experience - the food is to die for!

The atmosphere is homey, natural and intimate. The outside back patio is beautiful and a perfect place to gather. We were pleased with everything that Patrick and the General Warren Inne had to offer and I highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom looking for an intimate, upscale, "backyard" affair. We had the entire inne at our disposal (back patio, inside rooms and lawns) for the day. The costs are reasonable and the level of service you get is priceless. We cannot wait to go back for dinner soon!

Sent on 10/08/2011
  • Y

yvonne · Married on 05/29/2011

If I could give the entire General Warren Inne a 10 I would . Patrick, the owner, will oversee your entire event and make sure it is PERFECT. He and his staff made our day perfect on 5-29-11. Also, the rooms at the Inne are magnificent, couldn't have been cleaner or more beautiful and the InneKeepers were terrific and helpful. If getting married there take advantage of staying there for the weekend, which we did. The will offer a contiental breakfast in the morning. Just first class all the way. The food was out of this world. You cannot go wrong with GWI.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Melanie · Married on 05/22/2011

I had a heck of a time trying to find reviews for weddings at the General Warren. They have wonderful reviews on their restaurant, and good reviews on their rooms, but nobody out there seems to want to talk about their General Warren Wedding. I will!

First of all, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. We had an outdoor ceremony, cocktails on the terrace, dinner in the main dining room, and dancing in the Admiral Vernon Room. The historic beauty of the Inne made our photos lovely and the cozy warmth of the Inne made our guests very comfortable.

We planned our wedding from out of state, and Tim and Patrick were very helpful and responsive in organizing our event. They were quick about returning emails and always available by phone. On the day of the event, everything went very smoothly thanks to them. All the props and cues were in place and on time, and Tim was always nearby to assist. I know brides are supposed to be crazy, but I never felt the need to be. :)

The food was phenomenal, and well worth the price. We wanted our guests to have a special dining experience, and boy did they get it! I love how they let our guests order from the menu as they sat down at the table, it made things easier and more like a restaurant experience than a cookie-cutter catering company. They really worked with us to choose the items we thought our guests would like best.

We were also very happy to have the rooms upstairs before the wedding for preparations and after the wedding for our out-of-town guests. I highly recommend renting out the entire Inne if you can, your friends and family will feel right at home having a room upstairs. The Ben Franklin room at the top was the perfect suite for our wedding night, in fact we stayed an extra night so we could relax a bit after all the busy social time.

In all, it was beautiful wedding location, easy to organize even long distance, and well worth the price we paid. It was the perfect venue for us.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Elise · Married on 04/28/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at the General Warren Inne. They were able to help us stay under budget, and were able to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options for our dinner menu. Patrick was easy to work with, and made sure we had everything we needed.

Sent on 05/06/2018