62 Reviews for GEM Global Event Marketplace

Enclosed Booth (1)
Flip Book (1)
Prints (1)
54 GEM Global Event Marketplace Reviews

Great to have both catering and rentals from one vendor. Food was delicious and servers were helpful and friendly. Would use them again!!

Profile Picture Madison, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Working with GEM was a TRUE gem. They truly go the extra mile. Let me give you an example of their exceptional service. The week of our wedding the forecast was tracking to be a wet, cold, windy day as a cold front approached SWFL. I called GEM to discuss the possibility of putting up a tent for our reception. They immediately drove from downtown Ft. Myers to Captiva Island (1.5 hours) to measure our reception space to find the best solution. They truly go above and beyond for their customers. In the end, a tented reception was not the look and feel we were going for and luckily the weather held out and we didn't need one. They are extremely professional, easy to work with, and very responsive. You will not be disappointed. If you choose GEM, you will no doubt have a beautiful wedding. Lena will take care of you!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Thank you to the GEM team! A perfect event!

Profile Picture J, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Chris & Lena were amazing to work with. They made sure we could do every personal touch to our wedding as possible. It was so important to us to have a biergarten set up (my husband being from Germany) and Chris went out of his way to track down the German beers we wanted and researched pretzel recipes so we could get it exactly how we wanted (plus, the rest of the food was delicious too!). The rest of the team catered so much to our guest and we honestly could not be happier with our day turned out.

Profile Picture Heather, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lights, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware

We have used GEM for all of our events now, and I am very pleased with their services, they always live up to my expectations and have a willingness to adapt.

Profile Picture Denise, 11/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

From the time we first met with Chris Lackey until the completion of our daughter’s wedding, we had good communication both with Chris and with our servers. Everything was as expected and according to schedule. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! We have no complaints and highly recommend Global Event Marketplace!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 7/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

GEM was absolutely amazing to work with, and so incredibly kind and made our wedding so perfect. Without their amazing company, we wouldn't have had such a fantastic wedding. They make sure everything is what you exactly wanted, and are always incredibly prompt and always answer messages and inquiries. Will use them again, and will tell all of my friends getting married (or putting on events!) to use them, too!

Profile Picture kaylie, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I used Global Event Marketplace for help with my wedding rentals and for catering and am a client for life because of their amazing services and AWESOME food! Chef Chris Lackey is great! Before ever visiting their warehouse, I was very impressed with how quickly they responded and scheduled an appointment with me. Their prices and inventory were FAR superior to any other event company I had found (and I had done my research) so it was a no brainer to book with them. Above their great prices and selection, Chris and Lena Lackey are 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet and are super easy to work with. I really enjoyed my experience with GEM and would highly recommend them to anybody!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I would have to say you shouldn't event heatistae on hiring this phenomenal team. They arrived right on time, helped us set up, helped us clean up after the event was over. They made our life super easy! Their food was beyond delicious, their stuff was super friendly, they are seriously such a well orginized team. We thank you for making our event the best event ever!! I would definitely hire them again in a heart beat. Plus there chair selection is super cute. Thank you again !!!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 12/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We are so thankful and grateful for Chris, Lena, and all their staff at GEM. They were able to make our vision of our special day, become everything we had envisioned and more. Starting with a 200 guest count, and half way through the planning expanding that number to 400, we know this wasn't the easiest task, but they didn't blink an eye and made it all happen. The first day we met, we knew there was something unique and special about them. They were not just a vendor doing a service for us, but they truly cared about what it was we wanted for us, and they were willing to do anything and everything to make our day exactly how we wanted it, no matter what it took!!! From months of planning to the final break down and even the day after, they were there for us every step of the way. They made the planning simple and allowed us to leave the stress behind. Their services are incredible in all areas... and not to mention the food is absolutely amazing!! We aren't sure how to thank them, but we are honored to now call them our friends! We would highly recommend them to anyone needing any of their services!!!

Profile Picture Jennessa, 11/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

They are an amazing company and wonderful to work with!!!

Profile Picture Suzie, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Overall one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding! The food was amazing and having a day of coordinator is absolutely necessary! Lena and Chris we so sweet and helpful with the whole process. I would highly recommend GEM to everyone they can take care of so many of your weddingneeds from planning, rentals, catering, coordinating and so much more.

Profile Picture Teal, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I was so blessed to have found Lena and GEM. She is such an angel and helped us out so much with the wedding planning. She had so many amazing ideas on how to completely transform our reception room. She even found our perfect ceremony spot. The day of the wedding all the staff super friendly and working hard, including Lena who was climbing pillars. Any questions we ever had Lena would always be so quick about answering them. It was honestly one of the most stress free parts of my wedding because they were on top of it. GEM was truly the best!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

What can I say - Lena, Chris, and their staff are simply amazing. We asked them to provide all rental items and cater three different events in the span of 3 days for our outdoor wedding on Sanibel Island at the Sanibel Moorings two weekends ago, and they delivered top notch services. They had everything organized so meticulously that I felt like a guest at my own wedding. The food at the rehearsal dinner, the wedding reception, and the post-wedding brunch was divine and we've received multiple compliments on every item served. Furthermore, they were so considerate and even hurried to get our reception tent up in case it rained out the rehearsal dinner by the pool---so that we could have two different location options for our event. They went above and beyond to provide stellar customer service throughout the wedding planning process, and Lena always listened/read my panicked middle-of-the-night Emails with grace and patience. Finally, Lena set up the reception tent so beautifully that I almost cried when I first saw it. To be quite honest, I am a perfectionist (a nice way to say high-maintenance), and GEM exceeded my expectations TENFOLD.

We cannot recommend them enough for your wedding. Everything was perfect because of their professionalism and dedication to customer service, and we are beyond grateful to them for making our dream wedding come true (outdoors in June in SW FLORIDA to boot!).

Profile Picture Laura, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Lights, Tent Accessories, Tents, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Showroom

Lena and Chris were an absolute dream to work with. They were so organize and extremely helpful during the whole process. We had them handle the majority of the wedding including the tent, dance floor, chairs, tables, food and more. Everything was setup up beautiful and the food was so amazing.
They also helped us with recommendations for other vendors, and we were extremely happy with each of their recommendations.
Our wedding day was a huge success and we owe most of the thanks to Lena and Chris!
My wife and I would recommend Global Event Marketplace to any bride and groom!!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Enclosed Booth, Flip Book, Prints, Props, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lights, Lounge Furniture, Photobooth, Signage, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding. GEMglobaleventmarketplace did an amazing job and went above and beyond to put this together in ways I couldn't imagine. They treat u like family instead of just another client!!!! They did my catering as well and omg I could not get enough.( we had chicken and beef flank steak, corn bread, beans, salad, mac n cheese, the best..... chicken n waffles, cheese burger sliders, bbq meatballs the best...... Definitely made with care and passion for what they do. Lena and Chris and her staff was always there to answer any question I had or thoughts I came up with or concerns. When they say trust me, trust them because nothing but tears of joy and happiness came with this experience!!!!!!!

Profile Picture mary, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Showroom, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Signage, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Vases

The staff at GEM is open for communication and opinions to help make your event fantastic! They are the best group of people to work with. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Centerpieces, Decor, Drapery, Lounge Furniture, Tent Accessories, Tents, Vases, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am for Lena! I had no vision of what I wanted for my wedding day, that is until I met with Lena. She helped me every step of the way! Everything we rented from GEM was beautiful, the catered food was outstanding and everyone she recommended to us was fabulous!! Lena & Chris made our day eveything we could've ever hoped and dreamed of!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Clean Up, Setup, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

All the items we rented were in very good shape.. No Worries Planners did all our arrangements but very happy with what they delivered!

Profile Picture Barb, 4/30/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

GEM was phenomenal! Lena and her husband truly made our special day spectacular. From start to finish, Lena was on top of everything. Our venue was actually my parents farm, so Lena not only helped us with all of our rentals but her husband was also our caterer. OMG, chicken and waffle appetizers were a hit! They were so responsive throughout the entire process and helpful. Also, the day before we decided that we needed heaters and they supplied them at no extra charge. They are all about doing nice things like that to ensure that you enjoy the day. Such a sweet, positive energy from this group. Book them for any of your event needs and you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sara, 2/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lights, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

Lena and her team at GEM are so wonderful! We were referred to her by our friends who are using her services for their upcoming wedding, and I'm so glad they shared with us! We gave her a clear budget and a not so clear vision of what we wanted for our wedding day, and she made it happen! She was so patient with us in the planning process, and she truly cares about each person she works with. Everyone raved about the food and the service was wonderful. Our server Mona went above and beyond for our group making sure everything was spotless before they left. Everything was executed perfectly and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything. I have already referred Lena and her team to other brides and I can't say enough great things about her! I will definitely be calling her in the future when it is time to plan the next big event. Thank you so much Lena, Mona, and everyone at GEM for the outstanding job you did for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Angie, 2/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lena was great! She helped with layout for the wedding and made the wedding so beautiful! She made sure everything was ready and made our day so perfect !

Profile Picture Lindsey , 11/28/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

It was a pleasure to work with Lena at GEM. She was professional, knowledgeable and very helpful, especially last minute when we had to order more tables, chairs, etc. for my daughter's wedding. I highly recommend this company and would use their services again in the future.

Profile Picture User6032340, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Lights, Tables, Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

I have worked with GEM for a little over a year now and their service is beyond excellent. They are prompt and aware of the event and ensure everything is taken care of. I never have to worry when I use them for rentals here at the club. They are the best in the area no doubt about it.

Profile Picture Bret, 11/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Decor, Drapery, Photobooth, Backdrop(s), Props, Delivery, Setup