GEM Global Event Marketplace Reviews

1 User photo

GEM Global Event Marketplace 1

Melanie Dorcy · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful Vendor

Lena and her team were wonderful! Lena is so easy to work with, patience and accommodating, and always with solutions when an original vision would not workout as planned. She was creative and offered fair pricing, even working things out to fit into our budget. I highly recommend Lena and her team!

Sent on 11/14/2018

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Melanie, You make it so easy to go over the top!! Your creative vision is the beginning and we are so happy to have your trust in bringing it to life!!! Can not wait until the next event!!! Blessings, Lena

Ruby · Married on 04/27/2018

Lena is officially my hero! She brought my entire vision to life after having only met at the venue once. I was so nervous that it wouldn’t meet my expectations but GEM far exceeded them! We rented chivari chairs, our rustic sweetheart table, a street light, pipe and drape, and then best of all - our barrels with string lights! GEM’s rentals completely transformed our ballroom into a magical place. I am forever grateful for their help in making the wedding reception of my dreams!

Sent on 05/28/2018

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Ruby, Thank you! That makes me so happy to hear. I saw your pictures and I love that we were able to capture your vision ! Many blessings to you and Caio! You were a stunning bride! I loved your dress, it was so you! Lena

Madison · Married on 12/30/2017

Great to have both catering and rentals from one vendor. Food was delicious and servers were helpful and friendly. Would use them again!!

Sent on 01/08/2018

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

You did such an amazing job planning for your sister's wedding! I know by the amazingly long hug and a thousand thank you's at the end of the night that I received from your sister that you and we made her dream wedding come to life! Your family and friends were the kindest people I have ever met at an event! I will never forget the Tent side panel congo line of Canadians when the cold wind shifted! You will be great in this field I look forward to working with you in the future again hopefully very soon!

Stefanie · Married on 12/08/2017

Working with GEM was a TRUE gem. They truly go the extra mile. Let me give you an example of their exceptional service. The week of our wedding the forecast was tracking to be a wet, cold, windy day as a cold front approached SWFL. I called GEM to discuss the possibility of putting up a tent for our reception. They immediately drove from downtown Ft. Myers to Captiva Island (1.5 hours) to measure our reception space to find the best solution. They truly go above and beyond for their customers. In the end, a tented reception was not the look and feel we were going for and luckily the weather held out and we didn't need one. They are extremely professional, easy to work with, and very responsive. You will not be disappointed. If you choose GEM, you will no doubt have a beautiful wedding. Lena will take care of you!

Sent on 12/17/2017
    GEM Global Event Marketplace 2

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

I know it was a little stressful playing the waiting game with the weather, but we were just so thankful and happy for you both that the weather just turned out to be that beautiful. I know that being in nature and it's beauty is what you both truly wanted. We are just so happy for you and Steve! And thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. These really matter to our future clients. Praying for a lifetime of adventure and happiness for you both Blessings, Lena

J · Married on 12/08/2017

Thank you to the GEM team! A perfect event!

Sent on 01/02/2018

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Always a pleasure to provide Catering to this wonderful group and make the end of the year special for them! Thank you!

Heather · Married on 11/18/2017

Chris & Lena were amazing to work with. They made sure we could do every personal touch to our wedding as possible. It was so important to us to have a biergarten set up (my husband being from Germany) and Chris went out of his way to track down the German beers we wanted and researched pretzel recipes so we could get it exactly how we wanted (plus, the rest of the food was delicious too!). The rest of the team catered so much to our guest and we honestly could not be happier with our day turned out.

Sent on 11/22/2017

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Heather it was truly our pleasure. Your family was so sweet and kind to work with. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts for the warm words of appreciation for our staff during your greeting at your wedding. It was appreciated more than you know. Blessings and many years of happiness! Chris and Lena

Denise · Married on 11/08/2017

We have used GEM for all of our events now, and I am very pleased with their services, they always live up to my expectations and have a willingness to adapt.

Sent on 11/15/2017

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

We love the challenge you always give us to bring your themed client events to life. We all have so much fun and they just get better and better!!! We are very thankful for the relationship that has developed over the years and looking forward to many, many more!!! Chris and Lena

Diana · Married on 07/25/2017

From the time we first met with Chris Lackey until the completion of our daughter’s wedding, we had good communication both with Chris and with our servers. Everything was as expected and according to schedule. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! We have no complaints and highly recommend Global Event Marketplace!!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you so much for a wonderful review!!! Chris

kaylie · Married on 05/13/2017

GEM was absolutely amazing to work with, and so incredibly kind and made our wedding so perfect. Without their amazing company, we wouldn't have had such a fantastic wedding. They make sure everything is what you exactly wanted, and are always incredibly prompt and always answer messages and inquiries. Will use them again, and will tell all of my friends getting married (or putting on events!) to use them, too!

Sent on 06/14/2017

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you so much! We can't wait to meet all of your friends!

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

I used Global Event Marketplace for help with my wedding rentals and for catering and am a client for life because of their amazing services and AWESOME food! Chef Chris Lackey is great! Before ever visiting their warehouse, I was very impressed with how quickly they responded and scheduled an appointment with me. Their prices and inventory were FAR superior to any other event company I had found (and I had done my research) so it was a no brainer to book with them. Above their great prices and selection, Chris and Lena Lackey are 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet and are super easy to work with. I really enjoyed my experience with GEM and would highly recommend them to anybody!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Jessica, Thank you for the opportunity and we look forward to a very long relationship with Neal Communities and any other special events in your life! Blessings, Lena

Jasmin · Married on 12/02/2016

I would have to say you shouldn't event heatistae on hiring this phenomenal team. They arrived right on time, helped us set up, helped us clean up after the event was over. They made our life super easy! Their food was beyond delicious, their stuff was super friendly, they are seriously such a well orginized team. We thank you for making our event the best event ever!! I would definitely hire them again in a heart beat. Plus there chair selection is super cute. Thank you again !!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you Jasmin, Illuminary was so much fun to be a part of out on Beautiful Sanibel Island. We wish The Bean much success in the New Year!! We are ready when you are for the next event!! Blessings, Lena

Jennessa · Married on 11/20/2016

We are so thankful and grateful for Chris, Lena, and all their staff at GEM. They were able to make our vision of our special day, become everything we had envisioned and more. Starting with a 200 guest count, and half way through the planning expanding that number to 400, we know this wasn't the easiest task, but they didn't blink an eye and made it all happen. The first day we met, we knew there was something unique and special about them. They were not just a vendor doing a service for us, but they truly cared about what it was we wanted for us, and they were willing to do anything and everything to make our day exactly how we wanted it, no matter what it took!!! From months of planning to the final break down and even the day after, they were there for us every step of the way. They made the planning simple and allowed us to leave the stress behind. Their services are incredible in all areas... and not to mention the food is absolutely amazing!! We aren't sure how to thank them, but we are honored to now call them our friends! We would highly recommend them to anyone needing any of their services!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

We are the ones that are honored to be called friends! You both are the best and we are so happy to have executed your vision.. you gave us a few challenges but in the end flawless beauty!!! In every way! Blessings, Chris and Lena

Suzie · Married on 11/05/2016

They are an amazing company and wonderful to work with!!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Suzie, Thank you so much!! I saw pictures and everything looked amazing! Blessings, Lena

Teal · Married on 11/05/2016

Overall one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding! The food was amazing and having a day of coordinator is absolutely necessary! Lena and Chris we so sweet and helpful with the whole process. I would highly recommend GEM to everyone they can take care of so many of your weddingneeds from planning, rentals, catering, coordinating and so much more.

Sent on 12/27/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Teal, Thank you so much! Your family made your wedding so special and full of details. It was our pleasure working with you and Tyler to piece together your vision. Blessings, Lena
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 10/22/2016

I was so blessed to have found Lena and GEM. She is such an angel and helped us out so much with the wedding planning. She had so many amazing ideas on how to completely transform our reception room. She even found our perfect ceremony spot. The day of the wedding all the staff super friendly and working hard, including Lena who was climbing pillars. Any questions we ever had Lena would always be so quick about answering them. It was honestly one of the most stress free parts of my wedding because they were on top of it. GEM was truly the best!

Sent on 11/05/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Maria, Thank you so much for this heartfelt review! I loved getting to know you and your mom (I will miss her texts LOL) and I am so happy that when your day came it was everything you dreamed of!! Blessings Lena

Kendall · Married on 07/15/2016

Lena was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was knowledgeable on all the products and responded in a swift manner. I would recommend working with Global Events Market place, especially Lena, on any special occasion.

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

What can I say - Lena, Chris, and their staff are simply amazing. We asked them to provide all rental items and cater three different events in the span of 3 days for our outdoor wedding on Sanibel Island at the Sanibel Moorings two weekends ago, and they delivered top notch services. They had everything organized so meticulously that I felt like a guest at my own wedding. The food at the rehearsal dinner, the wedding reception, and the post-wedding brunch was divine and we've received multiple compliments on every item served. Furthermore, they were so considerate and even hurried to get our reception tent up in case it rained out the rehearsal dinner by the pool---so that we could have two different location options for our event. They went above and beyond to provide stellar customer service throughout the wedding planning process, and Lena always listened/read my panicked middle-of-the-night Emails with grace and patience. Finally, Lena set up the reception tent so beautifully that I almost cried when I first saw it. To be quite honest, I am a perfectionist (a nice way to say high-maintenance), and GEM exceeded my expectations TENFOLD.

We cannot recommend them enough for your wedding. Everything was perfect because of their professionalism and dedication to customer service, and we are beyond grateful to them for making our dream wedding come true (outdoors in June in SW FLORIDA to boot!).

Sent on 06/20/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Laura, Wow ! Thank you! Your families were so amazing throughout the 3 days. Just gracious, wonderful people. You and Chase are blessed to be combining such an amazing group of people. Thank you so much for sharing your story with Team GEM of the vision you had for so long for your dream wedding and how they took part in making it a reality for you :-) That was so special for them, truly. Blessings to you both !! Lena

Alex · Married on 05/28/2016

Lena and Chris were an absolute dream to work with. They were so organize and extremely helpful during the whole process. We had them handle the majority of the wedding including the tent, dance floor, chairs, tables, food and more. Everything was setup up beautiful and the food was so amazing.
    They also helped us with recommendations for other vendors, and we were extremely happy with each of their recommendations.
    Our wedding day was a huge success and we owe most of the thanks to Lena and Chris!
    My wife and I would recommend Global Event Marketplace to any bride and groom!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you Alex!! From start to finish the details were amazing! A very memorable day for us all! Blessings, Lena

mary · Married on 05/21/2016

I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding. GEMglobaleventmarketplace did an amazing job and went above and beyond to put this together in ways I couldn't imagine. They treat u like family instead of just another client!!!! They did my catering as well and omg I could not get enough.( we had chicken and beef flank steak, corn bread, beans, salad, mac n cheese, the best..... chicken n waffles, cheese burger sliders, bbq meatballs the best...... Definitely made with care and passion for what they do. Lena and Chris and her staff was always there to answer any question I had or thoughts I came up with or concerns. When they say trust me, trust them because nothing but tears of joy and happiness came with this experience!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Praying blessing over you, James and the kids. It has been so great to get to know you both and we consider you part of the GEM family for sure :-) Looking forward to staying a part of the family for a long time.. Elizabeth's wedding next and then a Sweet 16 and the list goes on and on... we are going to know each other for a very long time :-) XO XO

Brittany · Married on 05/07/2016

The staff at GEM is open for communication and opinions to help make your event fantastic! They are the best group of people to work with. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 05/23/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you Brittany!! Looking forward to next year!!

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am for Lena! I had no vision of what I wanted for my wedding day, that is until I met with Lena. She helped me every step of the way! Everything we rented from GEM was beautiful, the catered food was outstanding and everyone she recommended to us was fabulous!! Lena & Chris made our day eveything we could've ever hoped and dreamed of!

Sent on 05/17/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Kate, we are so happy you found us and made us a part of your special day! Praying many years of love and laughter for you and Scott. It was such a pleasure getting to know your family. Blessings, Lena

Barb · Married on 04/30/2016

All the items we rented were in very good shape.. No Worries Planners did all our arrangements but very happy with what they delivered!

Sent on 06/11/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you Barb ! We love working with Paige at "No Worries Weddings". Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for GEM!!

Sara · Married on 02/20/2016

GEM was phenomenal! Lena and her husband truly made our special day spectacular. From start to finish, Lena was on top of everything. Our venue was actually my parents farm, so Lena not only helped us with all of our rentals but her husband was also our caterer. OMG, chicken and waffle appetizers were a hit! They were so responsive throughout the entire process and helpful. Also, the day before we decided that we needed heaters and they supplied them at no extra charge. They are all about doing nice things like that to ensure that you enjoy the day. Such a sweet, positive energy from this group. Book them for any of your event needs and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/29/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Sara, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truley our pleasure to get to know you and Steve and we are so honored to be a part of your amazing day! What a special evening to share with your family at beautiful one of a kind Brantley Cypress!! Your wedding will be the first of many! Blessings to you both!!

Angie · Married on 02/19/2016

Lena and her team at GEM are so wonderful! We were referred to her by our friends who are using her services for their upcoming wedding, and I'm so glad they shared with us! We gave her a clear budget and a not so clear vision of what we wanted for our wedding day, and she made it happen! She was so patient with us in the planning process, and she truly cares about each person she works with. Everyone raved about the food and the service was wonderful. Our server Mona went above and beyond for our group making sure everything was spotless before they left. Everything was executed perfectly and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything. I have already referred Lena and her team to other brides and I can't say enough great things about her! I will definitely be calling her in the future when it is time to plan the next big event. Thank you so much Lena, Mona, and everyone at GEM for the outstanding job you did for our wedding day!

Sent on 03/10/2016

GEM Global Event Marketplace's reply:

Thank you so much Angie for a wonderful review and the opportunity to be a part of your very important day! Thank you also for all of the referrals already :-) Blessings to you and Allie and to an amazing life together!!