34 Reviews for Gavin Roy Presents

Liability Insurance (1)
Flat Screen (1)
Projector (1)
34 Gavin Roy Presents Reviews

OMG Gavin was the best of the best! He was so fun to work with and seriously kept the crowd going all night long. He was so great to talk to on the phone and collaborate with. Seriously if you are choosing a DJ in SB, I don't know why you would go with anyone other than Gavin. We loved working with him so much!! Not to mention of all our vendors couldn't wait to work with him too.

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/2/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin DJed our wedding at the Riviera Mansion and I cannot express enough what a great job he did. He has a portion of his website where you can select songs and give him a good sense of the music you would like played. Gavin flawlessly chose music that fit the event throughout cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and many of our guests commented on how great the music was. Gavin was also flexible to some last minute suggestions and changes. We could not recommend him highly enough. Thank you!

Profile Picture Mark, 7/15/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

GAVIN ROY IS AMAZING!!! We first hired him to DJ the wedding. Then added his photo booth service. Come to find out we needed a PA system at the courthouse last minute and last last minute added a slide show during the reception. And Gavin came thru with everything PERFECTLY. His response time was super fast and day of he was On time with everything. We couldn’t have gone thru the day without him and his team! I seriously cannot say enough great things about Gavin Roy! Thank you again!!!

Profile Picture JULIE, 6/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, One Event Per Day

Gavin is an amazing DJ!! And I'm not just saying this - when was the last wedding you went to when you even realized the music playing during dinner was great?! We had Gavin at our June wedding and we couldn't be happier. He did a great job introducing the bridal party and speeches, he kept us on schedule, and had a great energy to him. We gave him a completely unfiltered list of song requests from our guests and he managed to please everyone and pick the very best requests mixed in with top hits and songs that kept even my older family members on the dance floor! We didn't stop dancing for one second, and there were never any awkward lulls like at most weddings when a bad song comes on. So many of my guests later commented on how great our DJ was, and that it was one of the best dance parties at a wedding they had seen in a long time! High-five to Gavin for being seriously great at what he does!

Profile Picture Melinda, 6/24/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Could not have asked for a better DJ. Not only was he referred to us by two separate people, but after our intro phone call he completely put us as ease. He was knowledgeable about the flow of the ceremony and reception and knew our venue like the back of his hand (Riviera Mansion). He played both popular and old music and set a more peaceful tone during dinner and then got EVERYONE on the dance floor until the very last song. I can't thank Gavin enough for setting the mood for our wedding.

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We would recommend Gavin Roy Presents to anyone! We had DJ Bennett, my husband chose him because they have similar taste in music, he understood the vibe we wanted and kept everyone dancing all night! They were very easy to work with and professional.

Profile Picture Tawny, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down the BEST vendor we used. They were very responsive. Loved that they took the time to really understand what we wanted for our wedding. Our goal was a fun dance party and that is exactly what we got. Gavin played everything from oldies to country to rap. Our guests danced the night away. Many have told me how much they loved the music selection and "was the most fun wedding they have ever been to." At multiple points throughout our reception, everyone was on the dance floor including grandparents. They are VERY reasonably priced and even include a photobooth if wanted. If you want your reception to be a highlight- you want Gavin Roy Presents. You will be VERY VERY happy with them. I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture jenna, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Gavin is the best!! My best friend who works in the wedding industry referred him our way and we made the best decision. My now husband who is quite the music snob at times was really worried about having a "typical DJ" that would play basic wedding songs all night. We chatted with Gavin several times on the phone and met with him a week prior to our day. He listened to us, made suggestions and put together the most awesome play list. He followed our do not play list and honestly kept the party going all night!! Our guests raved about the music. He has a talent of keeping the party going but also listening to our needs regarding what we wanted our vibe and style to be. We had some tall asks and he delivered. I highly recommend Gavin. He is well known in the area so book in advance. Thanks again Gavin!!

Profile Picture kristina, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews

Guest Address List
Hotels
Timeline
Vendor Reviews

Joseph (aka DJ Flamezz) DJ'd our wedding and did a fantastic job. He did our ceremony sound as well as our reception. He was really good at following our "must play" and "do not not play" lists and fitting in songs that worked with the mood of the crowd. Joseph was very professional and obviously has a lot of experience working at weddings and events. Gavin was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding, taking phone calls with me to answer questions or plan our playlist as well as meeting with me at the venue before the wedding to go over our timeline and setup for the day. They have an online portal that makes it really easy to create a playlist and timeline for your event. Gavin Roy and his team offer great service at a fair price and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Linnea, 4/23/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System

We had Gavin Roy DJ our wedding in Sept 2015 and he was fantastic! His team is super responsive and he made himself available to chat by phone several times before the wedding to discuss our preferences and get a better feel for the type of music we wanted to hear. On the day of, Gavin was great. I had a number of people come up to me to comment on the music and how our DJ was really impressive. That's always great to hear as a bride. He kept the party going throughout the event and also did a great job MC'ing for speeches, announcements,etc...I feel lucky to have had Gavin as our DJ. He's incredibly talented!!!

Profile Picture Sireenah, 9/12/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance
4.7

Gavin was an awesome DJ for our wedding at the Canary Hotel. He made sure everyone was having a good time, and knew exactly the types of music to play and when they would be the most appropriate. We had mostly family attending so we wanted music that could please all generations, especially for dancing. Almost everyone was dancing throughout the night, so I would say it was a huge success! The online tool was very nice for setting up a playlist of songs, and also for picking songs to use for important timeline events. Our ceremony was perfect. Music wasn't too loud at any point and we had zero complaints even from older family. I was pleasantly surprised that colored lights were part of the experience, it made it a lot of fun. Also, if you happen to be having a wedding at the Canary, you can rent lanterns through the company. They look beautiful and are a memorable detail. Thanks Gavin!

Profile Picture User4379904, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin was wonderful from start to finish. He was amazing with helping us brainstorm music and was, very communicative and flexible. What I thought was a nice touch is that before we booked We met with him to discuss music and our styles so we could feel comfortable with him. Gavin is simply the best. Our guest raved about the music and were dancing all night! Gavin was so friendly through email, phone and in person. Also, I thought the price was extremely fair and I felt that we got amazing value out of Gavins service. I highly highly recommend Gavin Roy presents and Gavin and would love to work with them again on future events. Thank you so much Gavin!

Profile Picture Kay, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

My fiancé and I booked DJ Bennett through Gavin Roy Presents. He was very professional, listened to what we had in mind, and read the room and mood perfectly the day of our wedding. All the guests said they loved the music, and I have no doubt that was because of D.J. Bennett's craft. He showed up on time, ready to go, and had a wonderful attitude, even when guests were hounding him with requests (we told him to limit these, so that the flow would be better). Overall, we were extremely satisfied!

Profile Picture User5385780, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin and his team were amazing to work with! We had a Mariachi Band and a DJ and both were awesome! Everyone loved the Mariachi band and they surprised us by singing "At Last" by Etta James at the end of the cocktail hour. It was one of our favorite parts of the day! DJ Bennett was great and really got the crowd going! Our dance floor was filled the entire night thanks to him! Gavin also suggested we use some uplighting for our reception since he had worked at the venue before, and he was so right! It really made the space feel much more intimate and was so beautiful! We would have never known to do that without his suggestion! He was so responsive to work with and was open to having multiple calls with us to make sure everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for music, lighting or sound needs!

Profile Picture Catie, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used DJ Bennett for our wedding and reception at the Canary Hotel. The ceremony music and miking were flawless. We were happy with his music choices and the flow of the evening through dinner and the reception. There was one minor hiccup with the Anniversary Dance, but other than that we were happy with the entire evening.

Profile Picture LISA, 5/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not have been more pleased with the DJ we had at our wedding! I have been to weddings where the DJ can put a damper on the fun and ours didn't disappoint! I even got messages from friends afterward complimenting how amazing the music was! He was very professional and very respectful of all of our requests. I would highly recommend Gavin Roy Presents!!!

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin and his team were amazing to work with for our Memorial Day weekend wedding in Santa Barbara. He was always very prompt and clear in communication, and took a really active interest in our satisfaction. We interviewed a number of his DJs, and found that we fit really well with Spencer- who was also amazing to deal with, and clearly understood our song preferences (and got our guests on the dance floor really early as we'd hoped!). Gavin also helped us when we later wanted to add a flamenco guitarist for the ceremony, and a jazz trio for the cocktail hour- all were excellent musicians from what I heard :) Highly recommend giving Gavin and his team a call!

Profile Picture Abbey, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin Roy is an incredible DJ and kept the energy of the wedding going the whole time. He had great advice for us about music choices and his website is really easy to use. Gavin is not just a "wedding DJ" who works part time, this is his passion and his career and it really shows. I would highly recommend him and his team for booking your entertainment services. He also worked really well with my other vendors and our venue which made for a very smooth and enjoyable event. Many of my guests said they had never danced so much at a wedding, including my 95 year old grandma!

Profile Picture User4018570, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I booked Gavin Roy Presents for our wedding - Gavin did the DJ'ing and he was absolutely phenomenal!

We met with Gavin about a week prior to our event and went over songs and genres we both liked. We also had specific song requests from our parents which Gavin did a great job incorporating into the evening at appropriate times.

My main goal was to have as many people dancing as possible - as soon as we finished the first dance everyone was out on the dance floor!

I highly recommend Gavin we had a wonderful experience with him.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin is my absolute favorite DJ. He was able to mix well my parents requests, as well as all my favorites, and my husbands favorites which are all very different Genres, and he made it all work well together. we had a day to get together to meet and talk about the music selections but he also has a great interactive website where you can save which songs you wanted for each part of your wedding, and he had the top suggestions too! He was great at getting the party going but also introducing toasts and grand entrances in a fun but classy way. I hate when DJ's are too cheesy and Gavin definitely is not! He had great equipment and made sure to match all the sound requirements of the area especially because it was a private estate. Highly recommend Gavin and his team!

Profile Picture Jenni, 9/12/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gavin was fantastic-he personally DJ'ed our wedding and last minute, we decided to add in saxophone, percussion and drums to accompany the DJ which was a fabulous addition. It was the perfect combination of live music combined with our favorite songs. My family is British and Jewish and my husband's family was Greek so Gavin played the right balance of music that appealed to all age levels and cultures-the dance floor was packed from beginning to end. We easily could have danced for a few more hours! Thank you for making our wedding so special. Book Gavin asap-there is a reason that he is so highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/16/14, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jerry with Gavin Roy Presents was amazing at our August 9th wedding! Leading up to the wedding we had 1 meeting with him and a few phone conversations. Jerry had a great, calm nature and was just the vibe that we were looking for. We did not want a cheesy DJ and Jerry was definitely NOT that. He was very professional and made the wedding seamless. He played the music we requested and mixed it up when needed. We had to add microphones and speakers to our ceremony (outside) very last minute and they made it work, no problem. I would recommend DJ Jerry to anyone looking for a classy, professional, and fun vibe!

Profile Picture kate, 8/9/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We met Gavin at a bridal show and compared to the other vendors present, Gavin took a real interest in us, asking about our general music preferences etc., We decided to work with him and were lucky enough to have him as our DJ. He not only played the selected tunes, he did several mixes that were seamless. He also checked in with us through the evening to ensure he was covering all we needed (from an announcement perspective). Gavin also did our lighting...turned out beautifully! The up-lights complemented the room decor and mood perfectly! Would suggest you have a convo with Gavin to see if he is a good fit for you! Cheers...

Profile Picture Neelu, 7/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I was very particular about the kind of music I wanted for our event. I prepared a detailed schedule of songs before I even called Gavin Roy. They listened, they understood, they made great suggestions, and they put me at ease! DJ Dylan was on time, VERY professional, hit every queue and played every song, making it was a wonderful evening! I hope I'll have the opportunity to use them again.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have been more pleased with the fantastic job dj hectic did and the entire Gavin Roy team for their effort in making our wedding so special at the Montecito Country Club. Everything from the guitarist at the ceremony to the non stop jams at the reception were very much appreciated along with the professionalism of the entire staff. We received many positive enthusiastic comments from our guests and even hope to see Gavin Roy being involved in some of their future wedding plans as we would highly recommend Gavin and DJ hectic!

Profile Picture User3088225, 2+ years ago, 1 Review