Gatsby Sound & Lighting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Ariel S. Married on 05/07/2022

Nothing short of perfect

When I say nothing short of perfect I mean it in every way!! He blew us away with everything that night; to the ceremony, the coattail hour, & the dinner /reception!! The photo booth is a big big hit!! Our first dance was walking on the cloud & it was stunning!!!
  • Ali
    Ali L. Married on 03/25/2022

Amazing job all around!

Jared and his team did an amazing job, from the ceremony to cocktail hour and our reception! Jared was incredibly responsive and informative. He directed my husband and I and assisted in picking songs when we weren’t sure. I would choose them over and over again and recommend him and his team to anyone looking!

Gatsby Sound & Lighting's reply:

Thank you SO SO much....It was such an honor to be a part of your special day and I'm so happy that we were able to celebrate with you. Best of luck to you and Nick!
    Amanda D. Married on 12/12/2021

Amazing DJ!

Jared was a dream vendor to work with. He was super friendly and kind answering all of our questions when looking for a DJ. Once we booked him, he shared an app with us so that it was super easy to add songs and info about our wedding as we thought of things. About a month out, Jared reached out to set up a meeting to go over our wedding details. He again reached out and confirmed a week out. He was super proactive to make the planning process super easy. He was at our venue and set up well before our cocktail hour. He was super professional the entire wedding and read the vibe of our wedding guests. Everyone loved the music and it was a great time. 10/10 would recommend to friends and family!
  • Z
    Zachary Z. Married on 12/11/2021

An amazing experience

Jared was amazing to work with, he made the process of coordination before the wedding extremely easy with a great pre-planning app.

On the day of he was set up punctually and professionally and knocked it out of the park. He played the exact kind of music we wanted, controlled the flow of the reception perfectly, and took curveballs in stride. His up lighting was also great and made the space. He has our highest recommendation.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 12/04/2021

Hire him now

We had to postpone our wedding due to covid. Jared was extremely understanding about moving our date. Throughout the two year process, he remained quickly responsive and we had multiple meetings that he proactively planned for us.

Jared was friendly and fun to work with. His planning app was quite helpful to customize songs you want to play and do not play, organize the day, and easily find suggested songs when you were struggling. I was also a fan of his white and gray equipment which was clean and professional.

When I first reached out to Jared I explained to him my passion for electronic music, DJ hobby, and that hiring a DJ was something I was nervous about. While Jared was transparent that he doesn't typically play electronic music, he was confident he was the right fit for us. Jared helped make sure there was music for everyone, give us some tips I didn't realize we needed, and when it came to the dance music for the remainder of the night, he sounded great and had all of my friends and family on the dance floor. The experience and vibe with him as a DJ was honestly better than I could have ever imaged. Everyone had such a good time and was singing and dancing all night. I would recommend him to anyone no matter what your music style and would certainly hire him again.

Thank you so much Jared!

Gatsby Sound & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much! I had a great time and met a lot of your guests who were amazing as well. Truly wish you both the best and thank you again for such a glowing review!
  • Scott
    Scott C. Married on 11/13/2021

DJ Gatsby at our Gatsby themed wedding...how perfect!

Jess and I would like to publicly thank you for making our wedding so very special. Every nuance that my wife asked for was present during our ceremony, and the reception....people were absolutely blown away! Not only was the low-lying fog effect perfect for our first dance "on a cloud", but your indoor fireworks were an amazing addition....and expertly timed. Your transitions were spot on, and kept the night moving along with precision. You felt the room and added the appropriate dance numbers at the most appropriate times. Your sound system was crystal clear, and even last minute additions were handled flawlessly. Thank you for your professionalism and your demeanor. It is widely appreciated that your DJ can make or break your wedding reception....you made our day perfect. Thank you.
    Scott and Jess 11/13/21
    Kasandra R. Married on 10/29/2021

Made planning the playlist easy and made sure my guests were dancing all night.

This Dj is top notch. Made planning my song list so easy. Very prompt with responses and my guests are RAVING about the fun they had on the dance floor. I highly recommend!
    Jeremy Married on 10/22/2021

Fantastic Experience!!!

We hired Gatsby Sound and Lighting for our wedding event in October 2021. Working with Jared was an absolute delight, he was extremely professional, knowledgeable and responsive in all of his communications with us. The day of the wedding, he worked closely with our reception wedding coordinator, photographers and videographer to adhere to proper timelines and to ensure everything ran smoothly. He was able to choose lighting that matched my wife's theme and decors, also setting the perfect mood for the evening. Hiring his services was one of the best decisions we made for our event, because he made everything simple for us. He also was flexible in terms of changes to the timeline coming up and handled specific requests we had that he was unfamiliar with. I really could not recommend DJ Gatsby (Jared) and the services provided by his company more. I will be personally recommending him to anyone I know who I think could benefit from his service for years to come. On a side note, the photo booth was an awesome feature that I would strongly recommend opting for if any kids are around. Everyone had a blast and he helped make our day perfect! Thanks again Jared! - J&J
    Natalie M. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing DJ!!

DJ Gatsby aka Jared was awesome! From start to finish! He listened to my husband I regarding how we wanted our special day to go and understand the vibe we were going for. He played all the best music music and kept EVERYONE up dancing from beginning to end! I recieved countless compliments on how great the music was and awesome of a DJ he was. If you are on the fence with picking out a DJ- go with Gatsby Sound and Lighting- you will have the best time!!!

Gatsby Sound & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much! You guys were such a pleasure to work with and I couldn't be happier the way everything went! Congratulations again!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa D. Married on 08/28/2021

Best dj ever

My husband and I cannot thank Jared enough for a fantastic evening!!

Everyone LOVED the music and had a great time dancing! The dance floor was filled at all times! I couldn’t imagine having chosen a better DJ because Jared was the best and was a great fit for our special day!!! Any questions we had prior to the wedding he answered quickly and kept in touch throughout our planning process.

I HIGHLY recommend him as a wedding DJ to others!! He knows how to read the room and picks the best songs for your group.

1000/10 😊
    Adrianna Married on 08/22/2021

Incredible dj-no need to look any further

For real, there is no need to look for another DJ. From the moment you book Jared is there to work with you. He creates a site online where you can see your contract, including all the details of your contract, Where you can pay for your services, even setup a payment plan, Even communicate with Jared on this site, and create your timeline of songs for your entire wedding. From the song you walk down the isle to all the way to what song you want your last dance to be. Jared is an incredible DJ and exceeded our expectations and let me tell you... I set the bar high! Jared read the room and played songs according to what you and your guest enjoyed. Jared, thank you for everything! We are so honored to have met you and your wife. I will only EVER recommend Gatsby Sound & Lighting!
    Kelly N. Married on 07/30/2021

Jared is amazing to work with!

Jared was the perfect DJ! He read the room perfectly when fading songs out when appropriate, music selection, etc. He did an awesome job announcing our bridal party and ensuring that the events of the night transitioned smoothly!
    Tori K. Married on 07/17/2021

Best DJ ever!

Jared was a wonderful pick to DJ at our wedding! We have 2 calls to discuss specifics before the wedding! He has an app you can use to choose the songs you want to play for different parts. He was very patient with mine and my fiancé’s indecisive-ness! Followed all of our requests! And our dance floor was full all night!! I heard lots of compliments from the guests on our DJ. I would definitely recommend him :)
  • Maria
    Maria M. Married on 06/26/2021

Exceptional

Jared Was Amazing To Work With. He Made Sure Our Wedding Dance Floor Was Always Packed. He Played All The Songs We Wanted and More. He Made All Our Guests Feel Included and We Couldn't Thank Him Enough For Making Our Wedding Reception A Dream Come True.
    Arielle O. Married on 06/25/2021

Excellent!!

To say our wedding day was perfect couldn’t be more true. This is greatly due to the ease we had planning with DJ Gatsby. Jared was very easy to work with, professional, and played the exact type of music we wanted. Due to Covid, we were forced to reschedule our wedding twice, and he was extremely flexible and made sure we knew exactly what needed to be done and when. We received a ton of compliments on the music for our wedding, and he kept the dance floor full with a wide range of people. I would highly recommend him for any occasion you need!
    Sarah Married on 06/05/2021

Excellent DJ!!!

DJ Gatsby was awesome and far exceeded our expectations! He worked with us and made the transition easy when we had to postpone our wedding due the the pandemic, and he was flexible to last minute changes days before the wedding. From the ceremony music, to intros, DJ Gatsby was on point with every cue. He read the crowd well and built in intensity as we transitioned from yard games and hanging out, until the sun started setting and it was time for the party to move to the dance floor. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how awesome our dj was. I would recommend DJ Gatsby for any event. If you’re looking to have the best time with no hassle, he’s your man!
  • Allyson
    Allyson Married on 05/29/2021

Excellent DJ - highly recommend

We hired DJ Gatsby without having ever heard of him. He traveled over an hour to dj our wedding and we were so happy with his show. He uses an app to help map out the night in music. Overall, we had zero complaints.

We highly recommend this DJ.
    Dakota W. Married on 05/23/2021

Wedding and Reception

We hired DJ Gatsby for our wedding and his team did an amazing job ! From the very beginning to the very end, it was an extremely professional and great experience ! I would highly recommend him for any event you have in mind !
    Sara B. Married on 05/22/2021

Sara-bride

Amazing service. Very accommodating even with us having to move our wedding date with covid, and then even a year later have to move it to an outside venue. Always responsive. Awesome app to pick songs. Would highly recommend!
    Sara C. Married on 05/15/2021

Best DJ Ever!!!

DJ Gatsby was amazing at our wedding yesterday! Super easy to work with and nailed the vibe we wanted for our reception. We're so happy that we were lucky enough to book him! Very highly recommend him!! 10 out of 10 and all the stars!!!
  • Jackie
    Jackie Married on 04/10/2021

Jared was so easy to work with. He was so organized and detailed!

Music was such an important part my my big day and Jared was AMAZING! From the first conversation he put my mind at ease with how organized and detailed he was. You could tell he really wanted to make sure he gave me and my husband the day we wanted. The ceremony music was perfect and when it came to the reception he did such a great job of reading the crowd. I am a Latina and he made sure to throw in some Salsa and bachata for my side while mixing in song that everyone could dance to. If you are looking for someone to keep your guests and yourself dancing all night look no further!

Gatsby Sound & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much! You two were so great to work with and I had just as much if not more fun than you and your guests!
    Laurie Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Jared was absolutely fantastic all around! Not only did he do an awesome job at our wedding, he was so great to work with and very helpful throughout the planning process! We will definitely use his services again for our next party!!
  • Kelli
    Kelli M. Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing DJ and fantastic guy!

Jared helped make our day go so smooth! He changed things around to how we wanted the order and helped make sure every detail was taken care of. He reached out to us often to make sure we were holding up okay with planning a wedding during a pandemic, it was very comforting being in constant contact like that. All around it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend him again!
    Chelsea D. Married on 10/16/2020

Highly recommend!!

DJ Gatsby was incredible!! Between the planning process, the wedding day, and even my guests raving … it was a great experience!!

I would recommend entirely and could not be more pleased with how our day turned out!