Garnish RVA Reviews

Garnish RVA 2
  • Mandy

Mandy Stone · Married on 09/29/2018

Stone wedding

Absolutely hands down amazing food and service

Sent on 11/25/2018

Leigha · Married on 03/31/2018

Everything about the food was beyond amazing! Our trial went so well - full course meals and happy bellys at the end. We even had a few alteration requests after, which they made with no hassle at all. On the day of, they didn't bother us with questions - which was so lovely! They dealt with the alcohol (which we bought and gave to them the night before) setup, pouring and breakdown.

Every guest gushed over the fact that we had a meatball bar - best choice over all!! <3

Sent on 05/02/2018

Kelsea · Married on 07/29/2017

We looked into many different caterers for our wedding day 07/29/17, but we were so excited when we found Garnish Catering! Louis is amazing! He really got to know us which helped him personalize everything to our style. He was always very responsive and easy going. He answered so many questions for us and gave us much advice from the time we booked him until our big day.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Sharon · Married on 06/24/2017

Garnish coordinated between my sister and I for my wedding date, and they were very quick! We had a short time before the wedding and the team really pulled together a wonderful spread! The food was delicious and everyone commented on it! They also provided linens, and worked with us to figure out what would work best. The staff is so professional and are such wonderful people!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Carolyn · Married on 11/12/2016

Louis and his team are so wonderful. They spent many hours with us planning/providing tastings/arranging the layout of the venue to advising us on the amount of liquor/wine and beer needed. Our daughter's ideas changed a few times but Louis was always the professional and honest in his advice. The food was fabulous and the venue awesome. We would definitely use Garnish again without any hesitation! They made our daughter's wedding reception an event to remember!

Sent on 11/20/2016
  • j78963

Julianne · Married on 10/06/2018

The food, though

It was so good.

Garnish worked with us, two very picky eaters, to create a menu that we loved but was still classy as it comes. Garnish had never done an Italian soda bar before, but we requested one and they delivered! Caleb was our contact during planning; he was very helpful and responsive, even through several rounds of menu revisions (sorry dude!). The staff were wonderful on the night of, always making sure we had enough to eat and drink. I would hire Garnish again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/04/2018

K · Married on 09/03/2016

We found Garnish RVA through our wedding planner and he also happened to be a preferred vendor for our reception venue. From the get go, Louis was easy to work with. His goal is to cater the menu to the couple, which is a really great experience. No cookie cutter wedding food with three entree options to choose from. Garnish with make everything you can possibly imagine or come up with, which was a really fun experience. Louis was also really wonderful with helping us stay within our budget and figuring out bar options.

At and after the reception, all of our guests were raving about the food. I had at least 6 people come up to me to tell me how wonderful the crab cakes were (and they were awesome!), including a friend from MD who could go to a five star restaurant and complain about the food (this actually happened once). Guests were hunting down the waiter who was passing out the crab cakes, so I'd say they were a hit. The rest of the food was also amazing, especially the biscuit bar and the pimento cheese. The staff was wonderful and very professional and I would absolutely hire Garnish again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2015

Garnish catered my wedding a few weeks ago and we couldn't have asked for better service. Louis walked us through each step of the process in the most helpful way, answering questions that weren't always even related to the catering. He really knows weddings! From how much alcohol to purchase, to what linens look best, Louis helped us through so many details. And throughout the process they were so helpful in working with our budget, too.
    On top of all of his extra help, the food was incredible. We knew it would be after that first tasting, but seeing it all come together day-of was so special. When we first talked on the phone, Louis tried to get an idea of our family heritage and how to include the foods we know and love in the menu. It was perfect!
    Garnish is a company that cares about service and quality. We couldn't have possibly asked for a better caterer!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kari · Married on 06/16/2018

We loved working with Louis at Garnish. He totally customized a wedding menu for us- asking about our favorite foods and favorite restaurants. We settled on a updated southern fare, since that fit with the rest of our theme. I'm only sad I was tied up the day of our wedding and didn't get to try any of the appetizers the day of.

We received many complements on the food (especially the beef short ribs!)-- the dinner was served family style and came out quickly. All foods served were the correct temperature with generous portions. The servers moved through the meal quickly, so that we had plenty of time for dinner and dancing.

Louis allowed us to bring our own alcohol, which saved us a lot of money and let us pick things that we truly enjoyed. He designed signature his and hers drinks for no extra charge. The bartenders were awesome!

Garnish took care of cutting our cake and packaging extras- again, making it easier to arrange for one less person day-of.

It was also convenient that Garnish arrived linen rentals, table rentals, glassware, silverware, and china. One less thing to arrange with other vendors.

At the end of the event, they did the vast majority of our take-down for us, even though that wasn't specifically in our contract.

Overall, we felt like the money spent on catering was well worth it!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Garnish RVA 3
    Garnish RVA 4

Johanna · Married on 09/09/2017

Garnish did full service catering our wedding last Saturday. Louis and his team did a great job! Louis is personable and passionate about food. He created a custom menu with our vague direction to combine Southern, Italian, and Japanese flavors. This included some great dishes like sweet potato biscuits with country ham and roasted Italian herb chicken. We planned the wedding from across the country in MN and we were unable to sample the menu beforehand. Nevertheless, Louis and his team pulled through. Everything I was able to try was flavorful and well-prepared. The most amazing parts of Garnish's performance on the day of our wedding were their setup and breakdown processes. I remember standing in our reception tent at the end of the night saying goodbye to guests and by the time I looked around again, everything was cleaned up. It was magic. I only docked a star for a couple small pieces. For example, we had at least two brief conversations about having navy or burgundy napkins. On the day of, our napkins were gold. Not sure what happened there. I also wished he had set aside some appetizers for the wedding party because I didn't get to have any of them. Like I said, small things that didn't take away from the day at all and I totally could have asked more questions about instead of hoping he'd read my mind.

Sent on 09/14/2017