Gari Melchers Home & Studio Reviews

Gari Melchers Home & Studio 6
Gari Melchers Home & Studio 7

Alexis Hayden · Married on 06/08/2019

AMAZING venue, better people

Gari Melcher’s Home and studio is beautiful, but the real reason this venue is getting such a great review is because of Meghan. Meghan went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I’m sure it’s not in her job description to cater to the brides every want and need but that’s what she did. Not only did she cater to me, but she was always one step ahead. Wonderful venue and wonderful person!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Teresa · Married on 03/03/2018

This was the perfect place to have our party. Everyone was accommodating and pleasant to work with.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Debbie · Married on 01/06/2018

I had the honor of not only planning my moms wedding but to meet some amazing vendors in the process. Meghan was amazing to work with and could not have been happier with the venue. The grounds are beautiful for pictures and the inside space is perfect for a beautiful view and reception.

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 8
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 9
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 10
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 11

Mark · Married on 10/21/2017

Superlatives don't cut it. The simple truth is we had our dream wedding at Gari Melcher's Belmont. The venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the support throughout the entire journey ... all exceeded our wildest expectations. The grounds speak for themselves; history, beauty, tranquility. The pavilion is classy, comfortable, and transitions from formality to straight up fun without skipping a beat. Let's face it ... weddings are beautiful. When fortune smiles, though, and you get to have yours at a place like this, well, that's pure magic.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 17
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 18
    Gari Melchers Home & Studio 19

Craig · Married on 04/01/2017

Very nice and historic local venue. Has a lot of character and is a perfect size. The grounds are elegant and couldnt have asked for anything nicer. Pefect place to host any type of get together.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Andrea · Married on 04/26/2014

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at Belmont and we couldn't be happier with how everything went. The grounds are great and you can get wonderful pictures if you are lucky enough to have a beautiful day, like we had. Everything from the coordination of the vendors to the wedding procession to the reception went off without a hitch. We even had a special Korean ceremony during the reception and it went very well! Betsy LaBar, Belmont's event coordinator, was awesome! As some people have mentioned this venue may not be for everyone since they are a historic house and museum and do have a few restrictions that some venues that are strictly event halls don't. However I'd say it really only depends on how important open flame candles and similar kinds of things are to you. The setting itself was much more important for us, and Belmont in the spring is stunning.
    Thank you Belmont, for help making our special day so special!

Sent on 05/26/2014

D. · Married on 05/26/2018

The outdoor setting and gardens were beautiful and intimate for an outdoor wedding. It was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. Belmont is a great value and Meghan was always attentive and cooperative. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Lindsay · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I booked and planned our summer wedding in four months. We were very pleased with the flexibility and excellent service provided by the staff at this beautiful venue. The planning process was simple and everything worked out according to plan.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Krista · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

This is a fabulous venue. They do a great job of accommodating your needs, but they are strict about what happens in the reception hall because there are millions of dollars worth of artwork inside.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2011

2.5

We didn't look any were else after we saw Gari Melchers. It is the most beautiful spot in Fredericksburg. It is a historic museum, so there are a few restrictions, no flames, no flowers or paper on the ground and a restricted list of caterers. None of this bothered us. Betsy was with us each step of the way and helped us to plan what we wanted to do without causing damage to the museum. We were even able to have the gallery open for our guests durning the cocktail hour.

Sent on 09/16/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2013

4.2
      3.0

Gari Melchers is a beautiful venue and I was very happy that I choose to have my ceremony there! The only complaints I have is that I wish I was provided with more direction for the rehearsal. I felt that I had to lead it myself while the staff just took directions. Also, the event coordinator sometimes took a bit too long to respond.

Sent on 06/14/2013

4.2
      3.0

We hosted a rehearsal dinner for 60 people at Gari Melchers Home and Studio, we loved it! Betsy Labar was wonderful to work with, she was helpful in dealing with our supply rental company and helped with set up and taking down the room. Belmont will only let you choose the caterer from a preapproved list which is good and bad, the caterer we used was perfect for what we needed and they knew the space so that ended up being fine for us. If you don't want one on their list, then it doesn't work as well. That being said, for a dinner of the size we wanted in the Fredericksburg area, Belmont was great.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Jocelyn · Married on 11/04/2017

2.4
      2.0
      2.5

The grounds of this venue are beautiful but I would leave it at that. I would definitely not hold my reception here again, the walls inside are yellow and the layout is small. They also have a lot of restrictions about how you can decorate. I found the coordination day of not very helpful, I was running the show basically even though i provided a very in depth schedule for day of. My family ended up cleaning at the end of the night when that should have been provided by the venue. Overall I would not select this venue again.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Gari Melchers Home & Studio's reply:

We are saddened to read your review.

We offer two wedding packages- “basic,” no day of coordination and “day of,” which includes day of coordination. Brides that are looking for full day of coordination are able to select that option upon signing the contract. In this case, the “day of” package was not selected. However, our special event staff’s goal is to make sure our clients are satisfied and always jump in to help if needed.

Our event contract states all of our regulations, including removal of decorations after the event. Our staff always helps clients and their families pack and load all of their belongings at the end of the night. We never ask or expect our client to clean the venue, our staff does the cleaning when all guests and clients have left.

In this instance the couple opted out of a venue tour before signing the contract, although we provide plenty of photos on our social media channels and website.

Our event staff stands by our commitment to go above and beyond at every event to make sure our clients leave happy.