27 Reviews for Garden Court Hotel

4.7
27 Garden Court Hotel Reviews

FABULOUS ROMANTIC .....A WONDER GROUP OF PEOPLE TO DO BUSNISS WITH......WILL USE THEM IN THE FUTURE

Profile Picture catherine, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I recently got married at this hotel in June, 2015. We hosted a mid-sized (about 70 people) wedding ceremony and reception. To make it short, we had a highly positive experience working with Garden Court Hotel. Kelly was our event manager. From the beginning of the planning to the actual wedding date, our impression of Kelly was professional, experienced, friendly, and meticulous. She worked with us very efficiently to get all the details right. Often times she made great suggestions which we took and ultimately made the event felt more complete to us. On the wedding date, pretty much all the important things went as planned and we were able to relax and enjoy as much as we could, thanks to the organized efforts of GCH. We were happy with our decision to go with this venue and would recommend it to our friends. Garden Court Hotel is an exceptional venue with excellent service for a very reasonable price.

Profile Picture Henry, 6/2/15, 2 Reviews
1.4

Our wedding was in October of 2014. We booked the venue two years in advance and received updated estimates throughout the two years. For the final deposit they require you to pay an overage of $1000.00 incase you go over during the day of the event. Our coordinator miscalculated our total and a week after the event we inquired about when we would be getting our deposit back since we did not go over our allotted amount. We received an e-mail back saying they were actually going to charge us an additional $30 over the full amount and deposit. We were incredibly confused and my husband finally figured out that they never included sales tax in our original estimate. They never apologized for the mix up, and never offered to fix it. The day of the event, our coordinator also did not pass out our favors to our guests, after I reminded her as we were walking out of the hotel room to grab them. She insisted she would come back and get them, and never did. Overall, it's a beautiful hotel, but they have horrible customer service and it is over priced for what you get.

Profile Picture User3346324, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Garden Court and had our close family and bridal party stay at the hotel as well. The property itself is beautiful, all of the rooms were luxuriously appointed, many with balconies overlooking their lovely courtyard. The dining room for our dinner had a balcony where we placed our bar, and they decorated the table tops with the linens of our choice and fresh flowers (which we had not ordered - that was a pleasant surprise). The staff was incredibly professional, from the front desk to the waiters, bartender, cleaning staff - and most of all the coordinator Kelly, who took care of us from beginning to end. Their menu options for the dinner were much more unique than what we expected from a caterer, they have a great wine list, and everything turned out delicious (we got lots of compliments from our guests). They were also very accommodating of guests with special dietary needs and even a last-minute addition. They also upgraded our room and surprised us with a heart made of rose petals outside our door on our wedding night. So many nice touches like that made it an absolute pleasure to work with them.

Profile Picture Esther, 5/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a wonderful location, and the service was impeccable. We were married here in November 2012. Our wedding coordinator was Sandy, and she did a great job keeping us together during a mad weekend of wonderful wedding activities! I appreciated her ability to listen, think though our plans with us, advise us on ideas about our ceremony and keeping me calm when we were running late! The photographer was patient and thorough, Reverend Walter was the kind of guy you'd go to church to hear and the whole event was heralded by friends and family as one of the best weddings they had ever attended. We loved it! Thank you Garden Court Hotel and him staff!

Profile Picture Bella Tracy, 11/2/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff and coordinator at Garden Court are more than welcoming; they left my husband and I ecstactic on the first day of our lives together! Every detail we had in mind was not forgotten and we were more than impressed with the reception room.

Profile Picture c, 9/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Super friendly staff and the wedding of our dreams. Also, the free 7 night stay at a sister hotel in Spain was delightful! Highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/25/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

THE most amazing place to celebrate your wedding! The location, layout, planning process, service, and location are unbeatable. This hotel has expert staff to help you with every detail- and can be very creative if you are on a budget. I would do my wedding again a million times at The Garden Court Hotel!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/19/11, 1 Review
4.3

We heard so many positive comments about our reception at the Garden Court. The venue is beautiful and unique, staff is exceptional, and the entire evening went off without a hitch. We would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Kirsten, 6/25/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You will love this place!
The pictures will come out picture perfect. You will look like you've wed in some where in Europe. Their beautiful building will enhance your picture quality. All my friends, colleagues and families loved our wedding picture. They were surprised to find out it's Palo Alto, CA!
You will have the most responsible and professional people for your wedding.
I highly recommanded for you to try their lobby reception.
You willl not only will meet their charming event managers but you will get to try their award winning food and wine selection.
The menu and wine selection changes every week and you can request the food you like in advance. And you will have the most helpful attentive server you will ever meet "Victor"! All other servers and managers doing their best for smooth operation and serve your guests, Victor will make sure you get treated well. He will take good care of you.
And your event managers are available by phone or email. They will work with you and will do all their best to make your day the happiest day of your life.
They sure did for mind! Thank you Kelly ( who left GCH), Jesse, Jennifer and Vitor! Million thanks!!

Profile Picture Yvette, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Garden Court Hotel was a beautiful venue with an amazing courtyard setup, especially with the lights on at night. We had several folks mention how much enjoyed the food and the overall ambiance of the hotel. With a photo booth, bar, and a couple of other stations set up outside, our guests spent almost the entire evening outdoors!

The staff was all very friendly and went out of their way to help us enjoy the evening. Kelly, the event manager, was amazing! She was responsive to all of our emails and was very accommodating, especially when it came to helping us stay within our budget. With her help, we were able to plan a wonderful reception almost entirely remotely. Thank you Kelly!

The only thing that we thought would be a problem (but wasn't) was that they don't offer any open bar options. But, we ended up spending about what we would have spent elsewhere with an open bar, and everyone had PLENTY to drink!

Profile Picture Hanna, 9/4/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Garden Court Hotel was a great place to hold our wedding reception. Our ceremony was right down the street at the First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto, so it was a really convenient location for our guests (almost all were from out-of-town). I worked with mostly Jesse and occasionally Kelly - both were amazingly helpful and responsive. It definitely helps to have someone at the reception venue who is so on top of things - relieves a lot of your stress. All of our guests commented on how nice and extremely helpful everyone was at the Garden Court Hotel was during their stay. It is definitely a bit on the pricey side, but the downtown location is worth it. Our biggest constraint on hotel was the rates that our guests would pay. We did not want the cost of the hotel to be a big burden on our guests, and they were flexible in negotiating better hotel room rates for our guests since we knew we could guarantee a significant number of rooms. We probably could have negotiated lower fees and rental rates, but decided to prioritize lowering our guest room rates.

The food was pretty good, but not great. I was a bit surprised at that given how high a quality everything else was. It wasn't a deal breaker, but given the relatively higher average food costs per guest and the constraint of having to use the in-house caterer, I expected higher quality food.

The only thing I would mention is to stay on top of your invoices. I had read this in a few other reviews. We were overcharged by a good deal, and it was only because I went through the final invoice very carefully that I found the mistakes. And as other reviews had mentioned, it can take a while to correct and get your amount due, though it wasn't unreasonable (within a week or two).

Overall, a wonderful place to have a wedding reception. I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/21/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We really enjoyed our experience at The Garden Court Hotel. It was an excellent venue for a wedding reception with lots of out of town guests. The staff were so attentive and accomodating to our many special requests. They were mindful of our budget and guided us through the many decisions we had to make. The only snag was a bum speaker that we rented which they offered to refund us for. The guest rooms are lovely and so is the event space. We highly recommend having your event here.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 7/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kelly, the event manager at Garden Court Hotel, was wonderful to work with. She was always prompt and extremely thorough and helpful. Her responsiveness was impressive and she helped the wedding day run smoothly. Thank you SO MUCH KELLY! You were awesome and we were so lucky to have worked with you!

Not only was the venue beautiful and the perfect spot for our intimate reception, but the quality of service provided at the Garden Court Hotel was impeccable and outstanding. From the day we arrived at the hotel for the wedding weekend until the very last hour of our stay, we were very well taken care of and the service was truly sincere and above and beyond anything we have ever experienced at a hotel. We felt like the entire staff in the hotel knew who we were and made sure we were comfortable and happy.

Thank you, Garden Court Hotel, for truly exceeding our expectations and providing not only a beautiful venue for our wedding but great service to us and all of our guests!!

Profile Picture Julie, 12/12/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Garden Court Hotel was the perfect location for our wedding. I wanted an elegant wedding, and GCH provided the atmosphere for elegance without being over the top. The food was wonderful, the service is amazing. The staff accommodated our every need, before and during the event. Our event coordinator Kelly was awesome and gave us good advice before the event to make sure everything was taken care of for the day of. I highly recommend Garden Court for your wedding.

Profile Picture Diane, 10/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

the Garden Court Hotel venue, staff, professional planners and wedding coordinators are a total solution of highly skilled professionals who take real ownership of one of a bride and groom's most memorable life moments.

From "Where do I begin?" to running the gauntlet of roses ro your get-away limo, Garden Court is fabulous.

Profile Picture Liza, 10/17/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding reception at the Garden Court was wonderful!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/20/09, 1 Review
4.2

This is a boutique hotel just off of University in downtown Palo Alto. The reception room is romantic with large arched windows and a very large balcony for people to get some fresh air.

In 3 words: Elegant, upscale, and quiet.

Parking is difficult.

Profile Picture Jane, 8/29/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved working with Kelly (the event manager), she was very friendly and professional, responded to all of our questions and concerns in a timely manner. She went over the colors of the linens in details with us, and the menu options. I really appreciated her patience and positive attitude. Great venue, great staff, great food :)

Profile Picture Yachen, 8/16/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding at the Garden Court Hotel and I could not have wished for a better day or location. I had one month to plan my wedding so you can imagine the pressure and the work that I was up against. However, through it all I never felt stressed or overwhelmed when planning my wedding.
Kelly Tsutsumi was such a gem and was amazing in our planning process. She was so accomidating and was on the ball with everything. Always answering my endless questions and making sure we did not go over budget. No detail was over looked and she was there every step of the way making sure our wedding went smoothly and the way we wanted.
We had our ceremony and reception at the Garden Court Hotel and the way the staff accomidated our guest while setting the room up was ideal. Our guest never felt like they were being pushed around. Everyone was relaxed, comfortable and most importantly happy.
The banquet manager (shoot forgot his name) did a fab job in running the show. Asking about the speeches, the dances and the cake cutting. Kept us on track which was needed!! He always made sure everything was ok and if he could do anything more for us.
The staff was so friendly and accomidating to all our guests!
Our guest are still talking about our wedding and how perfect the venue was. My husband and I could not be happier! I would HIGHLY recommend you having your wedding at the Garden Cout Hotel!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 7/3/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Kelly Tsutsumi was such a wonderful Events/Banquets Manager to work with. She was very professional and knew how to manage a bride and groom's worries and stresses. She had a calm presence about helped me relax and feel confident as we progressed to our wedding week/day.

The staff from the concierge, waiters, down to the valet and maintenance associates provided exceptional service, no matter what time of the day it was.

Truly, a class A venue, apart from the Italian/Tuscan charm of this hotel, our guests shared that the cuisine/food we served was one of the best they have ever had.

Profile Picture Dahl Maronilla, 5/30/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

This was the most amazing Venue! Not only was it beautiful, but the services were amazing! Every Wednesday from 5-7 they have free food and wine tastings to help you chose what you want for your reception, they give you a free nights stay on your wedding day and 7 nights free at one of their international hotels to use within the 1st year of your marriage too.

Our Reception coordinator was amazing and always very helpful even after my 300 questions. We really don't have enough great things to say about our reception and the Garden Court Hotel!

Profile Picture Nikki, 5/24/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We would HIGHLY Recommend the Garden Court. The food was exceptional, as was the service and staff. It was all perfect, and we couldn't have ask for anything better. We have had so many compliments on how perfect everything was!

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/2/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The event manager, Kelly, was more than helpful when it came to suggestions and flexibility when it came to using the Garden Court Hotel for my ceremony and reception. She understood the vision of what i wanted in a ceremony and reception and delivered! I would, and have, HIGHLY recommended using this hotel for special occasions such as your wedding to many friends and family! 5 stars all the way for the Garden Court Hotel and the event manager, Kelly!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/2/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Garden Court Hotel was exceptional for our wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, the staff responsive and professional, the food exceptional.

Profile Picture Tracy, 11/1/08, 1 Review