Gance's Complete Catering Reviews

59 | Binghamton, NY

59 Reviews for Gance's Complete Catering

Gina · Married on 06/04/2016

Glances to the rescue! Two weeks before my daughters wedding we discovered our previously booked caterer was a fraud. A quick Google search yielded Gances and one phone call later, we were in great hands. At our remote state park with few amenities, Gances made it happen in a beautiful way. Delicious food and elegant, professional set-up.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Alexis · Married on 06/02/2016

Everything for my mother's retirement party was PERFECT! Working with Santino & Ruth was a delight! The food was amazing -- people are still talking about it -- and they were so accommodating (especially for a picky eater...my husband!). The staff was helpful, professional and made sure everything was taken care of. I highly recommend their services for any event! Kudos to you all and your outstanding business!

Sent on 06/12/2016

From the second I contacted Gance's about our wedding they have been extraordinary! Ruth was always professional and prompt in correspondence.
    The day of our wedding Claire kept everything and everyone on point, the event staff attentive to every guest. And the most important part the food was simply fantastic! All our guest raved about everything they served and how much there was! Our dj commented that out of the dozens of weddings he does a year this buffet was by far one of the best.
    If you want to truly enjoy your day Gance's will make that happen! I can't thank them enough!
    Nancy B.
    5-28-16

Sent on 05/29/2016

Marley · Married on 05/14/2016

Gance's Gatering went above and beyond for our wedding! They were the friendliest people to deal with and when your planning a wedding that isn't always the case. Ruth and Santino always answered any questions we had promptly and didn't act like we were bothering them. They helped us pick a menu that suited us and our budget and everything was amazing! We still receive complaints about the food at our wedding and are so glad we chose Gance's for our wedding catering. We would highly recommended to anyone, thank you helping us enjoy one of the best day of our lives :D

Sent on 08/06/2016

David · Married on 01/09/2016

Gance's Complete Catering exceeded our expectations in all areas. The food was fabulous and the service was amazing.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2015

I loved having Gance's Complete Catering for my wedding caterer! They took care of rentals, set-up of tables, friendly service, and the best part is the food! We had the chicken Marsala and it was mmmmmmm YUM!! I would recommend Gance's to everyone for their next catered event!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Ruth, Santino and Danielle were wonderful. We wanted a tapas dinner for our wedding reception, and we were targeting 10-12 different food items, small plates, the whole intent being for people to share, try different things, and overall keep a low key atmosphere. Well, the staff at Gance's was great. Ruth and Santino provided a lot of guidance, asking the right questions and helping us figure out the logistical details. Unlike other places who refused to provide this level of variety for such a small wedding (50 guests), Gance's was happy to help us and gave us the professional service and responsiveness that I would have expected for a 300 guest-wedding. And they accommodated our very non-traditional venue - the North Point shelter at Taughannock State Park (basically a big barn with no water or gas). On the day of, despite raining and last minute changes to the schedule, Danielle handled everything professionally and brought the schedule back on track, to make up for the rain-caused delay. She and the other guys did a wonderful job arranging everything beautifully, and were attentive and courteous with the guests. They even accommodated my friend, who is a strict vegan, with her own meal and desert, prepared and transported separately. I can't say enough about how great they were! If I were to organize a comparable party in the area, I wouldn't hesitate even a second to call them!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Darin · Married on 08/08/2015

Very professional and the food was excellent. The Staff is very nice and are always on top of things. I'm overall very pleased with Gances.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Stefanie · Married on 08/08/2015

Gance's Complete Catering was an excellent choice for our outdoor wedding. They provided us with a 100% vegetarian menu (stuffed pepper, stuffed portobello, and lasagna). Even our meat loving friends LOVED all of the food! They were able to work well with the outdoor venue, which didn't exactly have easy access to water and facilities. They were very flexible and accommodating when things were running a little behind. All staff were friendly and great to work with! I would definitely recommend them for anyone's event!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Darin · Married on 08/08/2015

Food tasted great, set up was very nice and extremely friendly and flexible staff.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Mary Frances · Married on 08/02/2015

Our experience with Gance's was wonderful. The food was perfect, the service was professional (sit down service), and the price was very reasonable. I don't think there is any room for improvement with Gance's. I strongly recommend Gance's for any catering need.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Gance's catered my wedding that was outdoors. We had no water source and that was no problem for them. I chose to do buffet style which was delicious! Part of their services is setting up the reception area including table cloths and center pieces. They did a fantastic job. Danielle was my coordinator and was very easy to work with. She came to me throughout the night and made sure everything was fine. Her staff did a great job clearing the tables and I barely knew they were there. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Nancy · Married on 08/01/2015

I had Gance's cater my wedding in Trumansburg, NY. They were so amazing, everything was absolutely delicious and the staff was very attentive and friendly. They even helped out with the decor which was super helpful considering my husband and I planned and organized everything ourselves. I would definitely suggest Gance's for any event from formal to casual not only was the price completely reasonable they were really great work with and they made sure that I was completely happy with everything. They were also really flexible with me when I needed it, it was a really stressful time and they gave me some much needed slack.
    I even had them make me 2 quiches which they brought to the wedding for the brunch we threw at our house the next day. It was very last minute and they came through again. They did a great job!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Awesome service from start to finish!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kim · Married on 06/13/2015

We had Gance's cater our wedding in June 2015 and couldn't be happier! We were able to focus on getting married and they did the rest. The food was incredible! We had lots to spare, and it froze well, yummy!
    The entire experience from start to finish was excellent, they were very flexible in accommodating our tastings early on in planning the wedding. Ruth was extremely responsive with any questions we had, which was an issue we had with most of our other vendors; she also worked very well with the venue staff to make sure the evening went smoothly. They even included some craft beer they had on hand (even though we never ordered it), all the guests loved it!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Gances complete catering had great food and service, my experience with them was great and I would defenitley recommend them!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Johanna · Married on 05/17/2014

The staff was very professional, courteous. They also cleared and packed up all of the decorations. The food was wonderful, and it was as ordered. Great job by all. They provided the food at the Vestal Elks, the booking was done through the Elks, but followed to the T

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2011

Gances catering was awesome. The food was delicious and the people that work there are friendly and professional. I would highly recomment them to anyone!

Sent on 09/20/2011
  • O

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2008

Gance's is the perfect catering company for a bride on a limited budget. They will work with you to arrange a meal that will fit your projected costs. If you do not have a wedding planner working for you, it is to your benefit to use this company, as they provide full service staff for up to seven hours and a project coordinator to see that your reception meal runs smoothly. I chose their Grand Traditional Buffet, which is only $14.95 per person, along with the usual service fees and taxes, and we fed 190 people for actually just under $4,000.00. The buffet included two main entrees and three side dishes. Along with the buffet they provided sit-down service for the head table and they served a fruit cup, the bread & salad, water and coffee family style, and provided a cake cutting service free of charge. The project coordinater I worked with is named Tawny, and she was so convenietly available to me that she offered up her cell phone number the first day we began the planning process.

Sent on 08/25/2008
  • kimnpj07

Kimberly · Married on 06/07/2008

They have the best food and the most unique tasting cookies that are so delicious. All of their staff are exceptional and very nice.

Sent on 06/24/2008

John · Married on 10/08/2016

Gance's jumped into our wedding late (about 8 months prior to the event) after another vendor suddenly dropped out on us. We think in many ways that this was the best thing that could have happened for our wedding. Gance's was professional, attentive, and the quality of service was fantastic. The food was delicious as well - they even provided us with a tasting and had many options to choose from. Excellent value and wonderful people to work with. Definitely use Gance's for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Ruth and her team were great! They were very flexible and helpful when helping make decisions. They met every need and thought of things we would need we didn't consider.

Sent on 10/25/2016

June Turkington · Married on 10/20/2018

Great catering service for our outdoor wedding. Good value for money.

This catering service was excellent for our needs. We are from Canada and had no idea what to expect at my daughter’s recent wedding in East Branch N.Y. Everything was exactly as quoted, food was good, hot and very plentiful. Service was professional, on time and beautifully served.. I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

Hi June! It was our pleasure! Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it!! Hopefully you’ll be down in NY again and we can cater another event:-)

Nancy · Married on 07/25/2015

Wonderful! Danielle, (event coordinator) paid attention to detail in a kind, courteous, and professional manner. The entire staff provided excellent service. All dinners served were excellent and we had many compliments by our guests. I would highly recommend Gances for your catering needs.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Jayne · Married on 06/21/2014

We have nothing but extremely positive things to say about our event! Everyone raved about the on site barbecue and menu! The food was hot, delicious and well presented. No one went home hungry! The staff were courteous, professional and attentive to us and the guests. We had a small mix up with our linen order the day before but it was resolved immediately with the staff going out of their way to make things work out. Thank you Gances for helping to make our day so special! Jayne and Dave Edwards

Sent on 06/23/2014