Gance's Complete Catering Reviews

56 | Binghamton, NY

56 Reviews for Gance's Complete Catering

• Joel

Joel Ihnotic · Getting married on 01/05/2021

The best experience we have ever had with a caterer

The Gances team did an amazing job catering for our wedding. The service was above and beyond what we expected and the food was delicious. We received countless compliments from our guests on the overall quality of everything. We would refer their business to anyone and everyone that is in the market.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate it. You guys are great, we wish you all the best!

Shelly Hutchko · Married on 10/13/2018

Mother of the Bride

We cannot say enough about our experience with Gance’s Catering. My daughter had secured another caterer and upon meeting with him, we were so disappointed. We made a call to Santino from Gance’s, and he met with us immediately! He sat with us and talked us through our options, he never pressured us or tried to upsell. He took the time to listen to our vision for the day and did everything he could to see it come to fruition.
    Santino was in constant communication with us... when we had a question (we had many), he responded almost immediately and always made us feel as if we were his only client.
    On the day of the event, the staff from Gance’s were professional and so accommodating. They went above and beyond, even making suggestions to help the event run smoothly, such as moving the coffee bar inside after the food was served. Not only did they suggest that, but they moved the entire coffee bar and set it up beautifully.
    We had passed and stationed appetizers and a buffet dinner. All the items were displayed beautifully and absolutely delicious. There was SO much food!
    I would recommend Gance’s Catering for any event and especially for something as special as your wedding. They did an outstanding job and I intend to work with them in the future for all of my catering needs.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

Thank you Shelly! This the reason we do what we do! Making peoples (food) dreams come true! The Gance Team
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely delicious

Their food was delicious and the service was incredible!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Missy L · Married on 10/06/2018

Such a great caterer!

They did such a fantastic job at my wedding! They made my plate before the buffet line, and gave us leftovers. So professional-I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Alyn · Married on 06/15/2018

We are very pleased that we choose Gance’s as the caterer for my Daughter recent wedding. They where helpful and professional from beginning to end.

Santino was extremely helpful and when you emailed him questions he often was back to you within the hour.

We enjoyed the tasting and it was very helpful in making our food chooses. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests.

Also I cannot say enough good things about our Catering coordinator Jasmine who help us cordinate everything with our venue and who was the at our event making sure everything ran smoothly she is just amazing.
    We absolutely would use Gance’s again and recommend them to family and friends.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Christina · Married on 12/09/2017

The entire Gance's team did an outstanding job catering the 2017 GHS Federal Credit Union Holiday Party.
    The food was beyond delicious and the service was amazing. Santino and his team worked diligently to ensure that our guests were completely satisfied and that the night was perfect.
    Thank you Gance's! We are excited to work with you again for our 2018 Holiday Party.

Sent on 12/19/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

Gance's did a fantastic job catering our wedding at Stewart Park in Ithaca, NY. The food was absolutely phenomenal and the service was really seamless. They handled so much behind the scenes for our special day! The only thing I would ask in the future is to set aside some appetizers for the bridal party or at least bride and groom - we were so looking forward to those and really sad we missed out on them. Our guests agreed that everything was amazing and so professionally handled. Steve in particular was excellent! We will recommend Gances to everyone!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Angela · Married on 09/16/2017

So accommodating and helpful during the planning process. Food tasted wonderful and service was great!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

Santino and his crew were excellent. From the minute I requested a quote from these guys, they made me feel confident that I was in good hands. I appreciated the responsiveness and how accommodating they were for us. They handled everything! I had my reception at Six Mile Creek Vineyard and this was the first time the owners worked with Gance's. They loved them. They were so easy to work with, they were on time, they brought enough staff to the reception, and made everything smooth sailing. I did not have to worry about a thing! And of course the food was great and they are very reasonably priced. I know the winery will be putting Gance's on their list of preferred caterers to work with. For all you future brides, if you want to remain stress free in regards to the food, pick Gance's. They were great with communication and very flexible. I never had to worry.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Gance's Complete Catering's reply:

thank you Allison! It was our pleasure!

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

Gances was a great choice of vendor for our wedding caterer. We were planning the wedding from another state and Santino made sure to accommodate our tasting on short notice while we were in town visiting for 2 days. They were responsive throughout the planning process, coordinated our rentals including the place settings, bar and bar bartenders, glasses, and station style dinner. They facilitated getting a second bar and staff for it the week of the wedding when we decided to make the last minute addition. We met with Rita the day before the wedding to go over everything in the venue. She was fantastic and ready for anything the day of the wedding. She made sure the dessert table was ready to go when we wanted it to and made sure our outside vendor donuts were displayed beautifully! She made sure my husband and I had plates as dinner started so we could maximize our time visiting with guests and still get to eat. We have heard numerous times that the food and the selection was great! The Vegetarians in the crowd were especially raving because there were a lot of choices that were fresh and delicious. Definitely worth every penny and a great value for the wonderful service. Thanks Gances! Next time we need a caterer in Binghamton we will use you again!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Brittany · Married on 08/15/2017

Gance's was amazing through every stage! They were so professional, the food was amazing and we got so many compliments from our guests. Thank you Gance's!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2017

I am so happy that we decided to go with Gances! From start to finish, we felt that Gances really cared about doing their very best for Steve and I! After dinner and throughout the reception and thereafter, our guests raved about the quality of the food and the service they received from the staff! I would definitely recommend gances to cater any event!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Erin · Married on 06/30/2017

Gances went above and beyond on our wedding day! The dance floor flooded and they worked to help move things while still keeping a beautiful and delicious buffet going! We got so many compliments on the food!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Maria · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Gances for our annual PTA Dinner Auction a few weeks ago in DeWitt, Ny. The event went extremely well but the most complimented part of our event was by far Gances complete catering. They did an AMAZING job. Everyone was amazing to work with. They walked in and we immediately did not have to worry about them at all. They were calm, they knew what they were doing, they were polite, and the food was AMAZING! As a control freak I will stress that we did not have to worry about them at all. They were complete professionals. We were told by mostly everyone that we have to have them back for our event next year and we will! Thank you Gances for an amazing evening. You were a huge part in making our night super successful! Xoxo

Sent on 06/11/2017

Emily · Married on 01/07/2017

They were very nice and easy to work with. The food was very good and all of our guests enjoyed it. We are very happy we went with a Gances for our wedding reception. We recommend Gances to anyone with a catering need!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Melanie · Married on 10/09/2016

Make sure you taste test the food with the caterers you are considering. Once we tasted Gances dishes we were sold!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Karlee · Married on 10/08/2016

Our daughter's wedding was last weekend (10/8/16) and it turned out wonderfully, in a very large part due to Gance's Catering. The experience, support and professionalism of Ruth and Santino shined throughout all the stages of bringing our big day together. We held a tent wedding in a field in a very rural area (water had to be brought in and a generator for electricity) and this did not present any problem or impact the high quality of service we received. Ruth and Santino were helpful, detailed, responsive and their prices were very reasonable given the quality of the food - which, by the way, was delicious! We had stations where chefs prepared individual pasta dishes and prime rib for each of our guests. It was very elegant and we received many many compliments and inquiries regarding the food, which made us proud and happy that everyone enjoyed their meals. My husband and I highly recommend Gance's for any type of catered event and will definitely be a repeat customer in the future.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

Gance's absolutely made our day! If I could give them more than 5 stars I would! I'm pretty picky and had a distinct vision of what I wanted for my big day. Gance's made that vision a reality and then some! From the pickle bar, to the elotes and the scrumptious roast pig it was PERFECT! We loved the food, the guests raved about the food and Ruth made everything perfect. I planned the wedding from Wyoming and by the time I arrived in New York I felt like the Gance's team was family. Their attention to detail was impeccable. Worth every penny!
    Thank you so much! Brad and Rachel

Sent on 01/05/2017

Alexandra · Married on 07/02/2016

Gance's was perfect for catering our wedding reception! We had the reception outside, which was not a problem as they had a tent with sides to do all the prep work out of the way of the guests. We worked with Ruth for the tasting, picking the menu, and she coordinated our event. She was awesome, giving great advice and always responded to emails quickly. She even offered to use compostable plates for the appetizers as my husband and I are trying to be more eco-friendly! The food itself was delicious, everyone loved it and the leftovers froze well and were still delicious after the honeymoon! We did buffet style and had a lot of leftovers, safe to say no one left hungry!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Robert · Married on 06/25/2016

Top Notch on all levels! Food was excellent, service was excellent, friends & family raving about it since the wedding day!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Carly · Married on 06/04/2016

Gances made our day possible. Our caterer bailed and they were able to make a menu around our budget in TEN DAYS. Extraordinary food, responsiveness, flexibility and so very professional. Highly impressed with this business!! Go to them!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Gina · Married on 06/04/2016

Glances to the rescue! Two weeks before my daughters wedding we discovered our previously booked caterer was a fraud. A quick Google search yielded Gances and one phone call later, we were in great hands. At our remote state park with few amenities, Gances made it happen in a beautiful way. Delicious food and elegant, professional set-up.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Alexis · Married on 06/02/2016

Everything for my mother's retirement party was PERFECT! Working with Santino & Ruth was a delight! The food was amazing -- people are still talking about it -- and they were so accommodating (especially for a picky eater...my husband!). The staff was helpful, professional and made sure everything was taken care of. I highly recommend their services for any event! Kudos to you all and your outstanding business!

Sent on 06/12/2016

From the second I contacted Gance's about our wedding they have been extraordinary! Ruth was always professional and prompt in correspondence.
    The day of our wedding Claire kept everything and everyone on point, the event staff attentive to every guest. And the most important part the food was simply fantastic! All our guest raved about everything they served and how much there was! Our dj commented that out of the dozens of weddings he does a year this buffet was by far one of the best.
    If you want to truly enjoy your day Gance's will make that happen! I can't thank them enough!
    Nancy B.