Gambino's Bakery Reviews

Gambino's Bakery 7
  • Amy

Amy M. Randall 路 Married on 04/25/2019

Mrs. Amy Walker

Our Wedding Cakes was amazing 馃槈 and my groom 馃さ馃従 cake was also yummy 馃構 and everything came out perfect and beautiful for our big day 馃懓馃徑馃さ馃従馃尯馃挄馃拫

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Gambino's Bakery 19
    Gambino's Bakery 20
    Gambino's Bakery 21

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review and share pictures:)) We love all the photos!! We appreciate you selecting our bakery to be a part of your wedding. Congratulations again!!

Amber 路 Married on 02/03/2019

The best!!!

Gambinos made the most amazing cake for our wedding. I cannot recommend them enough. We went to several other places for tasting, and there is no comparison. We had a 2 layer cake, with chocolate cake and strawberry filling for one layer and butter cake with pineapple filling for the other layer. The butter cake with pineapple filling was out of this world, it went so fast! The chocolate with strawberry filling was also amazing. They were so easy to work with. I showed them a few inspiration photos and they created such a beautiful cake. I got so many complements on it.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much Amber for taking time to write us a review. It always makes our heart happy when we exceed our customers expectations. Thank you so kindly!!

Jen Wellock 路 Married on 11/19/2018

Parents' 50th Anniversary party.

I hosted a destination 50th anniversary party for my folks in New Orleans and needed a reliable source for their cake. I wanted it to be somewhat like what they had at their wedding 50 years ago, but it also had to be delicious! Gambinos was responsive and delivered a fantastic looking cake and it was also delish! (You know it's good when you catch the catering staff snagging pieces behind the bar after the guests have all been fed, and they tell you it's fantastic!). I went with traditional buttercream silver cake, with lemon in one tier and raspberry in the other. They also provided a separate Doberge cake and decorated it as well. 5 stars!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Thank you Jen!
    We are so appreciative of you taking time to write us this review. We loved working with you and are so glad you enjoyed the cakes!

Kim Clancy 路 Married on 11/17/2018

Outstanding

Our wedding cake & groom鈥檚 cake were phenomenal. Not only did they look great they tasted even better! I got exactly what we asked for. My husband and I were very satisfied with outcome of the cakes.

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Gambino's Bakery 22
    Gambino's Bakery 23

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so kindly Kim. We are so happy that you both loved your cakes. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day. Congratulations again! Happy New Year too!

Stephanie Thomas-Julian 路 Married on 11/09/2018

Such a beautiful experience

The experience was beyond wonderful. With such a big company and a special day you always look forward to the mishaps. The cake was the start of a beautiful day and the end of the day with a great taste.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! We enjoyed working with you and look forward to making more cakes for you in the future.

Tonia 路 Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent easy to deal with

Everything was wonderful. Great people to do business with!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so kindly Tonia! We appreciate you taking time to write us a 5 star review. Congratulations again!! Happiest New Year!

Betsy 路 Married on 08/04/2018

I worked with Jackie Sue and Gambino's for my wedding cake on advice of a newlywed friend and could not be happier with their result. Whenever we talk about our wedding with anyone who was there, they will almost always bring up how good our cake was. Jackie was really helpful and fast with getting back to us, and also coordinating details. Our cake was delicious and beautiful and everything we wanted. Thank you so much.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Betsy, thanks a bunch for taking the time to write such kind words! We are so happy to hear that the cake was a hit! Congratulations again!

Jenna 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Beautiful/Delicious Wedding cake!

Our Wedding cake from Gambino鈥檚 was a dream come true! Exactly what I had envisioned. Plus it was totally delicious!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Gambino's Bakery 24

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much!! We are so happy you enjoyed both cakes.
    Happy 6 month anniversary! Happy new Year too!!

Lauren Barrilleaux 路 Married on 04/15/2018

Phenomenal!!!

We used Gambinos for our wedding and they exceeded our expectations! Not only was our cake delicious it was also absolutely beautiful! It was everything we wanted and more! We would highly recommend them for anyone in the market for cake vendor! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review!! We appreciate you taking time to write it! congratulations once again!! Happiest New year!

Mallory 路 Married on 02/17/2018

Gambino's made the absolute perfect cake for my wedding. The consultation was extremely easy, and the delivery process was perfect. As a bride, I am extremely happy with my overall experience with Gambino's, and I will recommend them to any bride in the area in the future.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Hi Mallory!
    Thank you for the awesome review! We are so excited that you were so happy with the cake and our service from start to finish! We look forward to having you as a future customer for all your cake needs.
    Adrienne

Tim 路 Married on 12/10/2017

We enjoyed a cake from Gambino鈥檚 at a friend鈥檚 wedding and knew we wanted one for ours. We were not disappointed! Jackie was easy to work with and helped us find a great cake within our tight budget. Not only did it look great, it was delicious!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Tim! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! We are so happy that you loved everything about the cake! We would love to see any pictures from the wedding featuring our cake!
  • W

William 路 Married on 12/01/2017

From day one I wanted a wedding cake from Gambino鈥檚 and I got my wish! Jackie was quick with replies when I sent an email and then going in the store to see our cake come to life was just perfect! The cake turned out way better then I could ever imagine! It was not only beautiful but tasted heavenly as well!! Definitely go with Gambino鈥檚, you won鈥檛 be disappointed!

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Gambino's Bakery 25

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thanks William for such a sweet review! We enjoyed working with you through the entire process!! Congratulations!
  • Anita

Anita 路 Married on 10/28/2017

The cake was more than I could ask for! It was a show stopper! Not only did it look great, but it tasted delicious! The baker added more flair that I had anticipated. And they were super easy to work with. BEST PRICE!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Gambino's Bakery 26

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Hi Anita! Thanks for the sweet review. We loved working with you from start to finish and hope to work with you again for all your future celebrations. Your cake was definitely the talk of the bakery!

Kathleen 路 Married on 10/21/2017

The cake was beautiful and everyone enjoyed it.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much!! It means a lot to us when our brides and grooms are happy. congratulations once again,. Happiest New Year!!

Alison 路 Married on 05/20/2017

Delicious & beautiful wedding cake!!! Our guests raved about how amazing our cake was so we were beyond pleased! Highly recommend for any wedding cake needs!

Alison & Kevin

Sent on 05/27/2017

Hello Alison,
    We are so happy that you enjoyed your cake! We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. I will make sure our staff sees your review. It makes us happy when you are happy. Thank you for including us in your wedding day! Congratulations again!! We really appreciate your business.
    Cheers,
    Jackie-Sue
  • Mariam

Mariam 路 Married on 03/04/2017

The cake was beautiful and was exactly what we wanted. It tasted amazing too and stayed fresh for a long time. I didn't get to try the other tiers until a couple of days after the wedding and it was still fresh. I highly recommend getting your cake from Gambino's!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate your business. All of us at Gambino's Bakery are so happy that you were pleased with everything. Thank you again! Congratulations!!!

Alyssa 路 Married on 03/04/2017

I went to a couple different places to try cakes, and this definitely topped everyone! The cake turned out absolutely beautiful and on top of that it tasted amazing!! It is a little pricey... but all wedding cakes are lol If you need a wedding cake in the New Orleans area, get it from Gambino's!!!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much!! We love that you were pleased with your cake including the taste and the design. Thank you for allowing us to be at your wedding! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review too. Congratulations!

Stacey 路 Married on 12/16/2016

Jackie Sue with Gambino's was very quick to respond to email requests for a quote for my wedding cake. She listened to Evermore Weddings and Events, Cathy Jane's direction and took the ball. It only took one proof and bam! it was the most magical wedding cake ever. It was better than expected! Thank you so much Jackie Sue and Gambino's for making my wedding cake PERFECT!

Stacey & Betsy Kimball-White

Sent on 01/10/2017

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to write us such a lovely review. We are so happy that we could be a part of your wedding. It really is so wonderful to be included in your wedding. Thank you all!! Congratulations to you both!

Lindsey 路 Married on 11/18/2016

Our Gambino's cakes were beautiful and delicious! We received compliments on both the entire night. Really. Of all the gorgeous decorations, lovely ceremony, MY DRESS... I heard more about those yummy cakes! Every detail reviewed during our initial appointment were precisely applied to the finished cakes for our wedding day. They were on time, professional and incredibly friendly. I have no idea how they do it all, but Gambino's was definitely my favorite vendor to work with. Thank y'all! I wish I could give more that 5 stars.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Lindsey, thank you so much for your kind review. It makes our team so excited to hear back from our brides. We really appreciate you taking time to write us such a lovely review. Congratulations again to you and your husband!!

kim 路 Married on 11/17/2016

We used Gambinos in Lafayette, La. They did my Bridal Shower Cake, Bridal Cake, and Groomsman Cake they came out just like the pictures we sent them. The cake flavor and filling was delicious.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Kim! We appreciate you letting us know how we did.
    We appreciate you letting us be a part of your bridal shower and your wedding day. Thank you!
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 11/05/2016

We came in with pictures of the bride and groom cake we wanted and they did an immaculate job at recreating our vision into a delicious edible piece of true artwork! I loved every detail about my bridal cake and people are still talking about it, it totally stole the show at my wedding. Not only did it look great, but it tasted even better!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us such a lovely review! It is our honor to be a part of your wedding day. Thank you for including us :) Congratulations again!

Sima 路 Married on 07/09/2016

I grew up having Gambino鈥檚 cakes for my birthday and other special occasions and knew that when it came to our wedding, I wanted to have a Gambino鈥檚 cake. But sticking with planning protocol, we lined up a few tastings and wanted to make sure we could get what we wanted within our budget. Our first stop and last stop was Gambino鈥檚. The cakes are just delicious (we highly recommend the german chocolate cake). Jackie-Sue and the Gambino鈥檚 team worked diligently with us to get us what we wanted within our budget and the cake was even more beautiful than we imagined. They even worked with us wanting to make our own cake topper and helped us integrate that into the cake in advance to take it off of our plates. If the cake and service isn鈥檛 enough to convince you鈥 walk into Gambino鈥檚 and take stock of their years of service sign, which recognizes staff that have been with the bakery for 57 years, 40+ years and 30+ years. Gambino鈥檚 staff is family, and you can鈥檛 go wrong with letting their family help celebrate the start of your new family.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you soooooo much for such a kind review. We know how busy our brides are today so we appreciate you taking time to write us such a beautiful review. It really makes our hearts smile when we can be a a part of your wedding day. We will definitely share with our entire team your comments. We take great pride in our family at Gambinos so we especially love your comments. Thank you so very much!! Congratulations again!
  • User4956859 路 2+ years ago

I am reviewing the Lafayette, LA location. Eli and Cathy are such a pleasure to work with. They were very excited to discuss details and truly made me feel important to them. They reviewed everything for accuracy and are very organized. I provided photos of what we wanted.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts on our service and product. It makes our hearts smile when our customers take time to write is such a lovely review. Congratulations again!!

Susan 路 event on 02/09/2016

So impressed with the service from Gambinos! Our King Cakes arrived in Canada very quickly and in perfect condition.We loved the cake! It was so fresh and the flavour was wonderful, Praline will always be our first choice. Thank you for the new memories we are making with our family because of your talents and service!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Paulette 路 Married on 01/23/2016

Fresh and delicious cakes....perfect and exactly what we ordered. The groom's cake was a replica of an art sculpture that my husband and I created....he was thrilled with his cake. Can't wait to eat the top layer on our anniversary!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Gambino's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Paulette! Your feedback is very important to our team!! Congratulations again!!