Galaxy Restaurant and Banquet Center Reviews

15 Reviews for Galaxy Restaurant and Banquet Center

• Lauren

Lauren Forquer · Married on 10/05/2019

Worth every penny!

The Galaxy staff was absolutely accommodating in every way! It was clear that they enjoy what they do and take pride in it. They made sure everything went perfectly smooth on our day and we did not have to worry about anything! David, Cassie and Stephanie responded promptly and eased any worry I had. I 100% recommend the Galaxy to any couple looking for convenience, beauty and fun! We got nothing but good compliments!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Lori

Lori H. · Married on 06/30/2018

Wonderful staff made our guests feel welcomed!

The food was amazing and the staff was consistently pleasant to everyone and ready to help. It was a stress free reception - everything was beautiful and did I mention how great their staff was?

Sent on 01/14/2019

Joyce · Married on 06/06/2017

I have attended many functions here. Including other banquets and wine tastings. My family also eats at the restaurant often. I can not speak highly enough of the staff and the wonderful food. The staff handled the reception so smoothly that I did not have to worry about a thing. This was a fantastic experience from start to finish. I worked mostly with Jessie.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner and after party at The Galaxy. The rehearsal dinner was so great. The food was delicious and the wait staff were awesome. They also booked a band for after our reception so our guests could continue enjoying themselves. The bar staff and bar manager were phenomenal. Our family and friends had all positive things to say about the entire place!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Beth · Married on 05/21/2016

If you are even thinking about a wedding venue..don't look any further..every aspect of the evening was perfect!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't say enough good things about David and Jessie at the Galaxy-they were so helpful with planning our reception, and my emails were responded to promptly. David and Jessie made sure that my new husband and I were comfortable, had drinks and got a chance to eat and enjoy our night! They also worked with our other vendors to coordinate set-up times. I didn't have to worry about a thing, and I had a blast at our reception. I highly recommend d this team!

Sent on 10/16/2015

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Galaxy. They were so helpful with all aspects of planning my reception. The food was amazing (guests are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food), and they even prepared separate meals for 3 guests with food allergies/special diets. David Cavalier, the banquet manager, is fantastic. He worked with me to make sure everything was perfect, and Jesse and Leah were there for me every step of the way to answer any and all annoying questions I had (and I had many). The staff set up all of my decorations, which I brought in and designed myself, including centerpieces, items for the bathrooms, specific instructions for the head table, etc. Everything was perfect. The fact that there are two hotels within stumbling distance was very nice for all our guests. After the reception we walked to the other side of the facility for their sports bar, where the party kept going until way too early in the morning. David and his staff were there during the entire reception, and ensured everything went perfectly. The next morning after checking out of the hotel we went back to the Galaxy, where everything was carefully packed and waiting for us to take home.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Galaxy Restaurant and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your reviews online. We appreciate all your positive comments and are very pleased that we met your expectations in every way. Sincerely, Galaxy Management.

Emily · Married on 09/08/2012

I held my wedding reception and rehearsal dinner at the Galaxy. I can't begin to explain how fantastic the venue is as well as the employees. They put a supreme effort into every detail and strive to make the event perfect-which it was!! The atmosphere is phenomenal and the food is amazing! Every one of our guest raved about the dinner. The staff is excellent and accommodated every one of our needs. I can't do justice through this review on how fabulous the Galaxy is!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Diana · Married on 10/03/2009

David, Glenda, and the rest of the Galaxy staff made our wedding and reception absolutely wonderful! Everyone we spoke with was polite, helpful and easy to work with.

We used the Galaxy for both our ceremony and reception (something I'd encourage other couples to do, as it saved us a lot of time and money). The food was delicious, everyone complimented us on our choices. David made sure to meet with us to go over every detail, including some things that I wouldn't have thought of on my own, but I was glad he asked about them!

If I could do it differently, I wouldn't. The Galaxy helped us have a beautiful, special wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Emily · Married on 06/07/2014

The Galaxy was fantastic! My husband and I truly felt like we were in good hands with their planning help. The food was delicious, the bar was great, and we had a chocolate fountain which was also wonderful. The decor was beautiful, and they have a gigantic dance floor (which was still full for most of the reception). They helped make our special day truly amazing!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I both had our prom here so we knew the Galaxy was the bestpl to have our wedding reception. David was great and made sure everything ran smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing. :-) Great job Galaxy staff!!

Sent on 03/26/2014
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Marie · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Fast Responses

They were knowledgeable about everything that I had questions for and reasonably priced.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Kerrie · Married on 10/20/2018

bride who had wedding reception at The Galaxy

The food was wonderful as was the staff and service. Only thing my husband and I didn’t like was we had a plated dinner and at the end of the night we didn’t get to take food home of the guests who didn’t show. We were told 3 different stories by 3 different people as to what happened to the food. Last story we got was they don’t send left over food home because of food regulations. What’s odd was our wedding guests got to go boxes for their meals if they werent finished.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2005

4.2
      3.5

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with The Galaxy while planning our wedding reception. Their food was of the best quality and the service was helpful and effective. I would refer anyone planning or considering a wedding reception in the Akron, Ohio area to check them out. I'm certain that you will be impressed.

Sent on 11/17/2008

Laura · Married on 04/18/2009

4.2
      3.5

The Galaxy was wonderful! My husband and I were planning our wedding from Washington, DC, and it really helped that the Galaxy knew their stuff. Everything was perfect. Dave was great with on-site help. We never had to worry about anything and the food and staff were the best. Worth every penny!!

Sent on 05/18/2009