Foxchase Manor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Rama Married on 03/27/2022

Fond memories

I have fond memories of my experience with Fox Chase Manor. We planned two events in September 2020, but ended up celebrating these events on two different dates stretched into 2021 and 2022 due to the long pandemic. Throughout our journey, we had the most wonderful support from everyone at Fox Chase, especially from Penny, Sammy and their staff. It was a delightful experience to visit Fox Chase Manor for all our planning sessions and we are absolutely thankful to Penny for entertaining us innumerable number of times whenever we had questions. The venue is very beautiful with plenty of parking and outdoor space. It is also conveniently located in the suburbs of Washington DC making it easy for our out of town guests to reach this place. I cant wait to celebrate another event at Fox Chase Manor!

Thank you Penny, Sammy and the Fox Chase team!

Rama,
    Thanks so much for sharing! We really appreciate it, and are so glad to hear you had wonderful events with us!
    Akuender D. Married on 11/06/2021

Our wedding 11.06.2021

My husband and I were so pleased with our choice in having our wedding celebration at Foxchase Manor. The whole team from Sammy to Penny to the admin team were very flexible, responsive, and professional. It was such a joy to work with them. If you want a memorable wedding celebration, you should choose Foxchase Manor.

-Akuender + Martin Dot

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with our team!
    Amy Married on 10/30/2021

Best Venue and Service!!

Foxchase Mannor is a beautiful venue for any event. My husband and I had our reception at FoxChase and were nothing short of amazed. The staff was friendly and efficient especially Penny who we worked with to book the venue. She was very professional and knowledgeable. A BIG thank you to the entire staff of FoxChase for helping us plan and execute the event of our dreams!! I would highly recommend using FoxChase for your next event!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you Amy!! We really appreciate it! We are so glad to hear you had your dream day with us! We love Penny!
    Elizabeth Married on 10/23/2021

Daughters half saree function

We had our daughter's half-saree function here and we couldn’t have been happier with the outcome!
    We got introduced to Amara while looking for venues and he has been very helpful throughout the process. Penny was our event coordinator and she was fantastic at explaining everything and with communication. The venue was lovely, the staff were friendly and very attentive and not to mention the excellent level of service! They also recommended Nadia, their in-house decorator who did excellent job with the decoration. Nadia was accommodating based on our need and budget. Also the food was from licensed caterer and when we talked to Amara about exploring different options, he was very helpful through the process.

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in search of all the above.

Elizabeth,
    Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience and event!
    Blissful B. Married on 10/10/2021

Wonderful South Asian- Western Wedding at Foxchase!

Background: Due to health circumstances and doctor recommendation, we needed to plan a wedding in just two months and have it be close to home, in the Northern Virginia area. We called our close local family and friends (due to COVID-19, and also to minimize risk, it was impossible for our families overseas to attend) and had a total guest count of ~135 guests (I know that seems large for a Western wedding, but it's intimate for an Indian one!) My family is Indian (North-Indian on one side, South-Indian on the other) and my now husband's family is Western. My family's side also had two days of festivities prior to the wedding to plan, so all in all, we knew from the start that this would be tough to pull off!!

Foxchase Manor made everything so easy given our situation. We didn't have the time or money to hire/debrief a wedding planner for a Hindu ceremony & Western-style reception, so the venue providing an on-site wedding coordinator to help with layout and venue requirements was essential. Dawn was fantastic and highly responsive to all requests, and asked great questions related to timing, use of space, etc.

We went with Foxchase's Gold Package, and were originally going to go with the in-house caterer, but we did not like their in-house Indian food. Dawn saved the day by letting us know that we could use one of Foxchase's external partners for food, and that in fact, most Indian couples choose to do this. She arranged a complimentary tasting with Bombay Tandoor in Tysons, and we liked the food there much better. Our guests on both sides let us know that the food was enjoyable, and we got the "best wedding food" accolade from some of our guests.

Foxchase has you provide the alcohol yourself and then provides bar staff. I thought the bartender did a great job, and generally, the Foxchase servers seemed polite and well-mannered. We had some wedding crashers come over from an event happening on the other side who joined in the drinking and dancing (lol) and Dawn dealt with this quickly and professionally.

We went with one of Foxchase's preferred vendors, Nadia from Enchanted Events, for decor and the decor was fantastic. Foxchase also made it easy by already having all the chairs/linens/napkins/plates so we could just choose it with Nadia and Dawn present and be done.

For AV/lighting/DJ, we went with the all-inclusive package from Foxchase. This is the only thing I would reconsider - while we got there eventually, this vendor was overbooked so I didn't think we were quite getting the attention we needed, and had to really push to get things done. We ended up choosing the songs in the playlist entirely ourselves because the DJ wasn't understanding our style, and in the beginning, the room looked smoky/hazy which was hiding our decor in the photos (this was apparently done to help the lighting, but we didn't like this effect, so had them stop creating haze.) All of our guests danced, and had a good time (and we hardly left the dance floor ourselves), but if I had to do it again, I would have picked a vendor that was familiar with the venue but maybe not the premier partner.

All in all, we had so much fun with friends and family, and this was a memorable event for us. My fiance says he just wants to relive the night over and over!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, we really appreciate it! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience!! Thank you for choosing Foxchase to host your special event!
  • Tamara
    Tamara S. Married on 10/02/2021

Best venue in Northern Virginia!

I got engaged June 2019 and started looking at venues in northern Virginia shortly after. I had several venues on the list, but by the time I toured Foxchase I knew that this was the venue I wanted. It is a beautiful, spacious venue with two large ballrooms that can hold hundreds of people each, as well as a beautiful lobby. They are very affordable especially in comparison to some other locations. They have inclusive packages that already come with nice chairs and table settings, as well as the option to add things that were important to me like a large white dance floor and a stage. We also booked Gala cuisine (which is their caterer) and the food was excellent - everyone loved it! My only suggestion would be to search around for lighting/sound before booking the company they have a deal with, since I did not love my lighting.
    Customer service from Foxchase was excellent and they were always very responsive. The venue was very flexible when I had to change our wedding day TWICE because of COVID, and it was much appreciated. I primarily communicated with Penny who I booked as my 30 day coordinator, however she was my right hand throughout the whole process. She is extremely detail oriented and worked hard to ensure we had the most wonderful wedding, but also too away a lot of the stress that comes with last minute coordination of things. I cannot thank her enough! I strongly recommend this venue to anyone hosting a wedding in the DMV area.

Tamara,
    Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with our team and a wonderful wedding day!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Married on 09/25/2021

Hands down best venue and staff!

I must say Foxchase was the perfect fit to what we envisioned for our wedding day. When we booked Foxchase, like many bride & grooms, the pandemic was not part of our plans. We are very thankful of the understanding and flexibility with postponing our wedding date. Penny was our coordinator and she has worked really close with us and was always ready to help. Throughout the whole process Penny was fast at answering our questions, provided guidance and genuinely cared about us. Penny was on top of things and even introduced us to one of the owners who also answered some more questions we had had. Foxchase staff were very nice, attentive and professional the day of our wedding. Penny will forever have a special place in our hearts and we are very happy we got her as our coordinator for our big day. We highly recommend Foxchase Manor and staff to anyone planning a wedding or a special event.

Wendy,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had a perfect day! Penny is wonderful!
  • Ben
    Ben H. Married on 08/28/2021

Elegant Venue and outstanding Service

If you are looking for an elegant, DIY, and accommodating venue, Foxchase Manor is the place to go! Not only is the venue beautiful, stunning, spacious and grand, the service provided by Penny (Venue coordinator/Rep) and staff is exceptional.In addition, what makes Foxchase Manor a great place for a wedding is the flexibility to utilize all of their services, a portion of their services or do everything on your own including food and alcohol. With a large ceremony and reception came many unique and detailed requirements. Although it took a lot of coordination, in the end Penny and the team met and exceeded every requirement, including going above and beyond capturing significant moments for us after the primary photography team departed as we extended the evening. As for the value, the venue is a great value for the cost. We received a lot of positive feedback on the taste, abundance and quality of the food. Highly recommend the venue and the wedding coordination services of Penny. Foxchase books very quickly so plan early.

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing, we really appreciate it and are so glad to hear! Penny is wonderful!
  • Tracey
    Tracey J. Married on 08/20/2021

Great venue , highly recommend!

Truly the wedding of my dreams thanks to Penny and her team! We also loved the florist Sherri from Fresh Bouquet and Nadia from Enchanted Design who helped with the breathtaking draping and decor. They all went above and beyond. The venue is beautiful and spacious which we absolutely loved and appreciated. The decor , flowers , stage , lighting was all so elegant and exactly what we wanted. Penny took the time to listen to us and make sure everything was executed just the way we wanted from start to finish. She helped us with questions and recommendations early on which helped us feel comfortable and never alone in the process , I highly recommend working with her!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are so glad to hear you had the perfect day with us! Penny is great!
  • Laura
    Laura M. Married on 08/08/2021

My wedding was something out of a magazine!

Words cannot express my gratitude for Penny Shafazand and her staff. My wedding was something out of a magazine! I came to Foxchase Manor with a simple idea and then I was introduced to Penny who worked her magic to make my wedding day just perfect! She helped me pick out top notch vendors an organized everything. I had nothing to worry about. Penny was there for me through thick and thin when I kept having to reschedule my wedding because of the pandemic. I started planning my wedding in May 2019 for May 2020 and my wedding did not happen until August 8, 2021 because of the pandemic. Foxchase was amazing working with me to change my wedding date four times and not charging me any extra change fees because of the pandemic.

Please don’t hesitate to hire gala cuisine at Foxchase for your catering needs. Their food was amazing as my wedding guest are still raving about it. Believe it or not food plays one of the biggest parts of your wedding and gala cuisine is the best.

If you think you don't need a wedding coordinator, think again and if you think you can go with just any one THINK AGAIN! Penny is a top-notch wedding coordinator and I am incredibly lucky to have had her help. She always made us feel as though she had everything 100% under control. Trust me, you want her as your wedding coordinator! It's like she was reading my mind! I loved everything she came up with! She respected my input and added her special designer eye to my ideas. I am very thankful and appreciative to Penny and Foxchase Manor as my wedding day ran so smoothly. Every moment was perfect.

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you had such an amazing experience!! Penny is wonderful!
    Layan S. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing Experience

Just had my wedding here and it was truly the most amazing night of my life. Throughout the planning process, no matter how stressful it got, Penny was so amazing and responsive to all of our needs. She always went above and beyond to make us happy and we appreciated it so much! It was a night we will never forget and a big reason for that is due to Penny.

Layan,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had such an amazing experience! Penny is wonderful!
    Ruba S. Married on 06/08/2021

beautiful experience

the event planner, penny, did a great job at accomodating last minute changes and making sure everything is perfect and everything runs smooth.

Ruba,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with our team and a perfect event!
  • Raj
    Raj S. Married on 05/30/2021

My daughters Hindu wedding

I wish I could give them more than 5 stars! From start to finish, Fox Chase Manor made our daughter’s wedding dreams come true. Sammy and team are amazing at what they do. They are prompt, knowledgeable and beyond helpful. The venue is breathtaking. If you are looking for a wedding venue in the DMV area, this is it. No need to look further. You won’t regret it!!!!
    We held our daughter’s wedding at Fox Chase Manor this May, and we are still getting raving reviews from our guests about the venue, the food and the “service with a smile.”. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but everyone at Fox Chase made it so much easier with their guidance, organizational tools, suggestions, responsiveness, and positive attitude. Once I arrived on the day of our wedding, I was able to just relax and enjoy the experience as the Fox Chase team ensured everything went smoothly. I would recommend Fox Chase Manor to any bride and groom, or anyone searching for a venue for a special event.
    This was the perfect venue for our daughter’s wedding. We had few of our ceremonies outside in the terrace area as this was an Indian Hindu wedding. Sammy and his team are amazing, and they helped us throughout the planning process and answered all the questions I had until the day of wedding. Trust me, I had a lot of questions, and emailed/texted them back and forth so many times. They were very professional, nice, and easy to talk to. I will have to mention Sammy by Name, as he is an incredible guy and a perfect gentleman who was always prompt in returning calls and answering our questions patiently. We had to move our dates due to Covid by a year and Fox Chase was very understanding and helped guiding us enduring this process. Sammy’s recommendation for catering was perfect and our guest enjoyed both the venue and food. We got a wedding package at Fox chase Manor, so that included appetizers, food/drinks, table linens, chairs, etc.
    Just want to say a big thank you to Fox Chase (especially Sammy and the staff) for making our daughter’s wedding perfect. Highly recommend checking out Fox Chase Manor for weddings, any events/large gatherings.

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience and dream wedding day!
    Rama T. Married on 04/25/2021

Memorable experience

We had been to a South Indian Wedding event several years ago at Fox Chase and we loved it. So when we started planning our son's wedding event, Fox Chase was the first venue we looked at - and very happy to have performed the event there! The venue is beautiful, big and has ample outdoor space. It also has plenty of parking making it very convenient for guests. The Fox Chase team of Penny, Sammy and Turon were always helpful and responsive to our questions and provided us great support. We have one more event planned at Fox Chase and we are eagerly looking forward to celebrating the event after the pandemic has been resolved. Thank you Fox Chase team for making our event memorable!

Hi Rama,

Thank you so much! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience! We really appreciate it! Thank you!
  • Eunetra
    Eunetra A. Married on 02/13/2021

Best Wedding Experience

From start to finish Foxchase Manor was more than accommodating and flexible to all of our wedding needs, budget, floorplan, vendors literally every aspect of a wedding they can accommodate. I had no idea that there would be so much hands on deck staff the day of my wedding and there was. This made me feel even more secure and happy than I already was. Everyone was attentive the entire evening. I am pregnant so to have so much support is a cerling that I can’t describe. The venue is so beautiful, the lighting, the chandeliers serve as great complimentary decorations. The showroom linens and napkins are filled with options. Coming from someone who originally didn’t want a wedding reception go with Foxchase Manor...you will not be disappointed! Great value great investment! A successful COVID-19/ winter storm wedding!

Thank you guys for everything!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear you had such an amazing experience! :)
    Dj Jay S. Married on 11/07/2020

Pretty Flexible Venue

I had the pleasure of working with both Sammy and Penny from Fox chase Manor for my brother’s wedding reception on 11-07 2020. The venue itself really is quite beautiful and all of our guests commented on how breathtaking it was. The great thing about this venue is that it can really be a one stop shop. They provided our linens (which were all lovely), our food (which everyone raved about. During our journey we worked closely with Penny who was great as we prepared for the details of the day. Everything was handled and planned by Penny and we didn’t have to worry about anything on our special day. She has great service and even treated us with extra care during a wedding Reception. It was all because of the event coordinator Miss Penny. We would always like to hold events here in future also if needed. Highly recommended for wedding events.

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Hello! Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience!
  • Vikram
    Vikram B. Married on 09/25/2020

My Wedding

Sammy & Penny were wonderful, helped me in every way possible to my wedding party a dream come true! please book with Fox Chase, wonderful hall, best staff, Thank You!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Hello! Thank you! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience! Thank you for choosing Foxchase Manor to host your special day!
  • O
    Okai I. Married on 09/05/2020

Phenomenal

Sami, Ms Peggy and the entire staff of Foxchase were very professional and excellent during my event. They were very knowledgeable, helpful and provided world class customer service. I will highly recommend this location to anyone for any event. Great people. I love them!!!

Okai,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with us!
    Sonya M. Married on 08/21/2020

COVID wedding

Under the circumstances that we were for COVID-19 I was very pleased with the service, the food was amazing very organized I would definitely recommend this venue.

• Tien
    Tien B. Married on 08/08/2020

Foxchase helped us have our dream wedding!

We decided to have our wedding at Foxchase manor after considering countless other venues because of how beautiful the space was, how easy it was to work with the team, and how many people the venue could accommodate. Our assigned coordinator, Penny, reached out to us months before the wedding and was extremely competent. She helped us plan and execute the wedding to perfection. She responded to our texts within minutes, and was always flexible and ready to work with us/other vendors to make our day perfect. This was especially critical because we were planning a wedding in the midst of the pandemic, so everything was extra stressful. Penny and the team from Foxchase made everything feel so easy.

She even helped us quickly set up an outdoor ceremony, which was a decision we made at the last minute (literally 1 month before our actual wedding date). On the day of, all of our vendors had no problems figuring out where and how to set up, and the rest of the staff was very attentive to us for the entire night. I absolutely loved working with the team at Foxchase and would highly recommend Foxchase Manor to anyone looking to have the perfect wedding!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful wedding planning experience with us! Thank you for choosing Foxchase Manor to host your event!
    Arvachi P. Married on 06/08/2020

Dream come true!

Foxchase Mannor is a beautiful venue and the staff was friendly and easy to work with. Penny was the one we worked with for our wedding weekend and she is very efficient, professional and knowledgeable. Ours was a pandemic wedding in which they were able to accommodate us and Penny worked closely with our vendors to make sure we can still had our dream wedding. I would highly recommend using FoxChase for your future events!

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing Arvachi! We are so glad to hear you had your dream day here with us!! Penny is the best!
  • Joanne
    Joanne T. Married on 05/23/2020

AMAZING wedding venue

I would like to extend my gratitude to your venue for the successful event that we had on 04/02/2022. Our wedding party wouldn’t have been successful without the excellent food and courteousness of your staff.

We received a lot of compliments for the event and it is all thanks to your venue and excellent team. Thank you for making the event a complete success!

Joanne,
    Thank you so much for sharing! We really appreciate it, and are so glad to hear you had a wonderful event!
  • Claudia
    Claudia V. Married on 05/11/2020

Sweet 15 quinceanera

I want to thank Foxchase for making this dream so special for my daughter, her dream come true, every detail was handled with very trained people very kind especially Penny who was from the beginning to the end on every detail, her experience made that day go by without any stress or worry. I am immensely grateful to make that unforgettable day that was reflected in our memories and the beautiful photos that came out with all the decoration of the place is for me a pleasure to recommend Foxchase Manor and Penny as a coordinator.
    Constance Y. Married on 03/14/2020

Excellence on Display

Where shall I begin? Everyone who worked with us was fabulous. We could not have been more pleased. The reception was lovely, great food and a beautiful venue. The staff was professional, courteous and went out of their way to ensure our reception went smoothly. Well done! #teamfinks

Foxchase Manor's reply:

Hello! Thank you so much! We are so glad to hear you had such an amazing experience! Thank you for choosing Foxchase Manor to host your special day!