69 Reviews for Gabelli Studio

Destination / Travel (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Matted Prints (1)
69 Gabelli Studio Reviews

My wedding was 8/9/18 and we are in awe of how our day went. A lot of that we attribute to John & his team. From start to finish, John & Christina were prompt in responding to our questions/emails. We have gotten so many compliments in service since our wedding day and we haven't even seen the photos yet! From start to finish working with Gabelli team has been great. There are a lot of awkward photographers out there and we were not impressed by any, but as soon as we met with John our minds were put at ease. He did our engagement photos in Central Park and made us feel very comfortable. Photography is the most important aspect/detail of a wedding to invest in so I suggest that you don't cut corners with this one and go with Gabelli, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture A, 8/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Thank You Cards

We got married on Friday, June 29th at the Park Chateau and had the best night of our lives and so happy we have wonderful photos to help relive the entire day.

I first met John and Christina at a vendor show the Park Chateau hosted for their brides and grooms. I instantly felt comfortable and a good connection with the two of them. Flipping through some of their work just ensured that I didn't need to look any further for photographers. That week I called Christina and was able to book everything. Throughout the planning Christina was my go too girl. She was wonderful! I would email her my concerns/questions and appreciated her prompt responses.

On our wedding day we worked with John, Jim and Gabby. All wonderful and a BIG part of our special day that we will always remember. They were all on time, professional but mostly fun! We cannot thank the entire team enough for helping us plan, shoot and sweat on one of the hottest days, all to make our day special.

We cannot wait to get all our photos back and make our album! I highly recommend Gabelli Studio for future brides & grooms for all your photography needs! They were the best!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/29/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Thank You Cards

We are extremely happy with Gabelli Studio- We dealt directly with John, Christina, and Jim. They were all amazing! John took beautiful engagement pictures for us, Christina was always there to answer our questions, and both John and Jim were amazing on our wedding day. I am very particular and wanted certain pictures, and they made sure to keep that in mind throughout the day. we can't wait to see all of our photos- the ones we previewed look beautiful.
-XOXO, Amanda and James Amore

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/25/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gabelli did the most amazing job photographing our wedding. They caught so many amazing moments without us even being aware and the quality of photos we got back are truly off the charts. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Christina, in the office, is so helpful, kind and responsive. John and Dan photographed our wedding, they worked seamlessly with everyone and when our wedding was delayed due to rain, Dan stayed far later than he needed to and was able to get so many memorable shots toward the end of the night. I can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

It was an absolute pleasure to work with John and the rest of the crew at Gabelli. He was able to get to know us from the engagement shoot, which made the day of the wedding comfortable, fun, and easy. John took the time to learn all of the names of the bridal party so they felt comfortable with him as well. He remembered all of the must have pictures and through out the night made sure that we got them all. We wouldn't have chosen or trusted anyone else for our special day.

Profile Picture Janet, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We used Gabelli Studio for our wedding and cannot express how amazing the whole team was to work with. We are so grateful we chose them as they went above and beyond to work closely with our venue to make sure everything went perfectly. Christina always responded to emails and calls quickly, answering any questions or concerns in detail and organizing our schedule for the day. She made the whole process go so smoothly! The day of our wedding, John and Jim made sure the whole wedding party was relaxed and had fun while taking our pictures throughout the entire day. Everyone was personable and accommodating as our wedding party was quite large! Many of the bridesmaids and groomsmen have been in multiple weddings and couldn’t get over how easy the Gabelli team was to work with. We cannot thank you enough for capturing our special day and for the memories we will have for years to come.

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

We could not be more thrilled to have chosen John Bacolo and Gabelli Studios for our photography and videography for our wedding on June 3rd 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. From our first meeting, through our wedding day, we never had a doubt that we had chosen the best team in the business, and now, looking at our breathtaking photos we cannot even put into words how grateful we are to have chosen the Gabelli Studios team to document our wedding day. Christina, the studio manager, was so thorough and responsive to answer any and all questions we had, and made a timeline for us in advance of our day so that we knew exactly what to expect. Day of, John and the rest of the team made us feel so at ease and comfortable in front of the camera - we had so much fun taking photos, and STILL got to participate fully in our wedding day. The entire team so beautifully and artistically captured our entire day – even catching some moments with guests that we had missed. Looking through our photos was like re-living our wedding day all over again. We cannot thank you enough for everything – and we will look forward to working with you again for other milestones in our life together!

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event/Day

To the wonderfully talented Gabelli team:

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for recommending Cava Winery, in Hamburg, NJ. They were AMAZING and soooo accommodating. They literally let us take over. We were inside, at the bar taking pictures with their wine barrels (haha) walking through the vineyard... SO so so accommodating. And they were closed to the public, since it was a weekday. So we didn't even have to deal with customers getting in the way. I would STRONGLY recommend using them if you have another bride interested in a similar location.

Secondly, I don't think I can even find the words to describe how utterly blown away we were with Jim. To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the shoot; I am much more comfortable behind the scenes. =) Well, once we got started, I realized how easy Jim was going to make the entire day. It was actually so much fun. Justin and I can't stop talking about it and laughing about how much fun we had. I am so grateful for Jim's ability to build rapport with us so quickly to allow us to let loose and have fun, but at the same time, maintain the perfect level of professionalism. Also, we spent almost 2 hours taking photos, and I know that is not standard. We are aware of Jim's dedication to get as many shots as he could, it was obvious he was not focused on the time at all (which flew by... again, thanks to Jim!). I haven't even seen the pictures yet, but I am 10000% confident I made the right decision.

I CANNOT wait for the wedding day!!!! I know Jim is going to be a breath of fresh air on what can be a very hectic/chaotic day.

Thanks again!

Profile Picture Nikki, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

Where do I begin? Having to choose someone photograph the most important day of your life can challenging....but not after we met John and his team from Gabelli Studios! From the initial meeting, I knew my wedding photos and wedding day were in great hands! John and Jim both photographed our wedding and we could not be more pleased with their professionalism and being experts at their craft!!
For some, it might be a little awkward or uncomfortable to be photographed (especially the kissing part! Lol!) but John and Jim are so awesome to work with that it made it fun!!!!

Everyone in the office is also great! Christina is the best and made sure our day/night was organized and perfect!! I look forward to working with others when we get back our proofs and start to choose our album!!

Do yourself a favor and hire Gabelli Studios to photograph your wedding, party, whatever event you have! You will not be disappointed....it was the best decision we made!!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gabelli Studio was without a doubt the best part of our wedding! From the very beginning, they were responsive to all of our emails and phone calls. They worked closely with us and our venue to make sure our pictures went perfectly. John, Michael, and Tab were on time the day of the wedding and took over 1,700 pictures! They were creative and also took any suggestions we made. Our pictures look absolutely perfect and we have gotten so many compliments on them. They felt like more than a photography studio to us; they felt like our family! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding!

Profile Picture Andi, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

From the moment we called Christina to make an appointment and walked into Gabelli Studio to meet with John we knew we wanted John to be the photographer on our wedding day. Everyone at Gabelli Studio is genuine, kind, professional, and compassionate. Christina has been so helpful and sweet since the day we met her. John has true talent and compassion for photography. We recently had our engagement session. John made us feel like we’ve known him for years. Even on the windiest day in October he captured the most beautiful pictures that we will cherish forever. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking breath-taking pictures of us during our engagement session. You are beyond talented. We made the absolute best decision when picking Gabelli Studio to be our wedding photographer. We feel lucky and blessed to have you be apart of our special day. We cannot wait for the wedding!

Our wedding day was on August 20, 2016
My husband and I cannot put into words how amazing Gabelli Studios is. The moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he had to be our wedding photographer. We booked Gabelli Studio over a year in advance! He is compassionate, down to earth and incredibly talented! The entire Gabelli Staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. It was truly a pleasure to work with them. Christina is an absolute sweetheart. She answered every phone call and email so quickly. She sat with us to explain every question we had in detail. We cannot thank her enough! The day of our wedding we had John, his assistant Jim and another photographer Kyle. All of them were extremely personable, talented, accommodating and flexible. The whole Gabelli team is truly spectacular. We cannot wait to see our pictures and use Gabelli for all the years to come! Thank you from the bottom of our heart for capturing the best day of our lives. You were apart of making our wedding day a dream come true.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/20/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Absolutely loved everyone we worked with at Gabelli- they went above and beyond to make sure our pictures were perfect ! So happy they were apart of my special day! They made it that much more special.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Gabelli studios was such a pleasant experience. My husband and I are completely camera shy and were not excited about the prospect of wedding photography. We were both happily surprised at the amount of fun and humor Jimmy brought to both our engagement shoot and wedding photographs, not to mention truly beautiful photographs. No one at the studio ever tried to push and fancy extras on us and were completely respectful of our taste and preferences. At the wedding, the photography team did an excellent job of being discrete but totally attentive. Our guests loved the crew and how friendly and professional they were. We really had an unexpected blast working with these guys due to our camera phobia :) Thank you Gabelli for capturing our very special day. (We love you Jimmy!!!)

Profile Picture Alessandra, 11/1/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Like every Bride, their photographer is THE BEST EVER. Well, with Gabelli you can expect just that and more.

Scheduling an appointment was easy. I had a conflict come up and was unable to attend the initial appointment that would determine if we would sign the contract or not. My mom went to the appointment and met with John and Jim. My mom fell in love so we went with them. She scheduled our shoot with Jim. First the engagement shoot which we had to reschedule our shoot last minute and Jim was VERY accommodating.

So being a Bride and a perfectionist I was slightly nervous that I never met my photographer and he was about to shoot one of the biggest moments of my life. The pictures were breathtaking. Jim created a professional, fun, and memorable experience.

Christina at Gabelli helped put our save the dates together and we came up with an unforgettable magnet. The studio is gorgeous and Lisa is a creative genius. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing team!!

The day of the wedding Jim arrived with his team. We also choose to have videography through Gabelli. I was running about 45 minutes late, which created some tension for everyone but the staff at Gabelli. They stayed so calm, cool, and happy throughout the whole thing. I REALLY appreciated that. The last thing you want when your already stressed on your wedding day is your vendors adding to it. They took the stress away. At the end of it all the entire Gabelli staff has become like family. Oh and their work?? PHENOMENAL and ONE OF A KIND! I loved them so much I plan to use them for any special occasion going forward :)

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/8/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

They made us feel so comfortable during our wedding. They didn't rush us around to take pictures they went at a steady base. Would highly recommend there work to anyone

Profile Picture User4375709, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to use Gabelli as our wedding photographers! They are absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he just HAD to be our photographer! He is so nice and down to earth that he made us feel so comfortable with him right from the beginning! From getting to know us at our engagement session, to meeting with us as many times as we needed to before the wedding, he truly made us feel special! The entire staff at Gabelli is so warm and friendly, that it truly is a pleasure just talking to them. The day of our wedding, we had John, his assistant, and another photographer -- all of which were more than accommodating and flexible! The whole Gabelli team is truly the BEST!!! and we cannot wait to see our pictures from the wedding a few weeks ago!!! I just know they are going to be spectacular!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We used Gabelli Studio for photography and videography for our June 2015 wedding and it was the best decision we made while wedding planning! John, Christina, Michael, Jim and the rest of the team are amazing to work with - always attentive, genuine, helpful and enthusiastic when answering questions and helping you prepare.

We received all our pictures and videos and are so thrilled with them. John, Jim, Michael and team did an amazing job capturing our day and made us feel so comfortable/have so much fun in the process.

We highly recommend Gabelli Studio to anyone who is looking for professional, beautiful and timeless photography and videography for their wedding.

Profile Picture Samantha , 6/13/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Thank you so much to the entire Team at Gabelli!!! John and Christina were so amazing to work with and I cannot wait to see all of our fabulous pictures. John was so professional and made us both feel at ease throughout the entire process as well as the day of. His work is truly amazing and I know he was able to capture our emotions that we were both feeling that day. The studio is so cute and I loved going there just to see the beautiful images of past weddings on display. Thank you, thank you, thank you and we can't wait to put our wedding album together!!!

Love
Kristin & Pete
The Scat's

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot even express how amazing Gabelli Studio has been. After interviewing photographers all over NJ and NYC, I was starting to think I would never find the perfect photographer, and then I found John at Gabelli Studio. I came in on a rainy, dreary day to their beautiful studio and was greeted by wonderful Christina who always has a huge smile on her face! She automatically made me feel at home, and then I met fantastic John! After talking with him and seeing how enthusiastic he is about his work, and admiring how beautiful his work is, I knew that I had to have him as my photographer! He did my engagement shoot, my bridal shower, and my wedding, and I plan on using him for everything else I have in my life. They are truly the best photographers and videographers out there. They are also the nicest and most professional people to work with. I also was so hesitant about having a videographer and did not decide until shortly before my wedding on April 11, 2015 to have one. Gabelli never pressured me to use Jim and his crew and I was so nervous there would be wires everywhere and cameras in my face, however, I did not even notice them! They were so non-invasive and I am so glad they were there to catch every minute of my special day!! I truly can't thank Gabelli Studio enough for catching every moment of my special events and producing such beautiful work. I literally get the chills when I look at the pictures and I am so excited to share them with future generations to come. Thank you for everything!! Love, Lisa & Russell

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We used Gabelli photography for our daughters wedding as well as her shower. Words cannot describe how wonderful they are to work with. The entire staff is so professional and so easy to work with. John is a true artist and I promise you that there is no other photographer around with his level of talent and his ability to make you feel so at ease that you actually enjoy having your picture taken. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Profile Picture Mary, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Hiring Gabelli Studio was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Aside from the fact that they are some of the nicest people that you will ever meet in your life, their photos are amazing (natural looking and not overly-posed or overly edited). They led us through the entire process (engagement photos, booking the videographers, etc) without a hiccup and on the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was right. Even my friends and family complimented the team on not only their professionalism, but also their general attitude towards the whole day. They were the ones that kept our wedding day running smooth, even though we couldn't take pictures where we had planned due to the weather. Christina, the studio manager, is an absolute gem to work with and she'll always greet you with smile. I couldn't recommend a single vendor more than I would recommend them!

Profile Picture tiffany, 4/4/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I are so thrilled with our decision to use Gabelli Studios for our wedding photography. The entire staff at Gabelli is so awesome to work with. They are genuinely excited about your wedding and capturing the moments of your special day. Photography was very important to us and I did a lot of research on various photographers and styles. When I found John from Gabelli I was done looking. I loved every picture he took. Nothing looked too posed. His photography is very natural looking and he captures the emotions the people in the photos are feeling. His pictures will be cherished by my family and I for many years. My husband and I got married on 3/27/15. John and Jim photographed our day. They were very professional and made taking pictures so easy and fun. I have only seen a few pictures so far. Our wedding was actually featured on NJ.com and the Star Ledger. John was so nice to submit photos to the newspaper very quickly for the article. I didn't realize that the photos that were used were actually untouched photos... they looked stunning!!! I could not believe it when Christina, (who works for Gabelli and is an absolute sweetheart and pleasure to work with), told me that the photos are untouched. I was so thrilled with the untouched photos I just cannot wait to see the final product with retouched photos! I can't imagine the pictures getting anymore beautiful. John also did an engagement shoot with us with turned out amazing. We had a really fun day going to Liberty State Park and getting some awesome pictures in front of the NYC skyline! We love Gabelli studios and are so happy with their services. We highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for professional and timeless photographs for their wedding. Thank you Gabelli! - Love Jess & AJ

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gabelli Studio captured our dream wedding perfectly. Jim and his team were hardworking and made sure every shot we could think of was covered. I had always known I wanted to use them as my photographers and I was so pleased I did. I was WOWED by every frame they gave me and can’t even narrow down my favorites because there are so many. Thanks for getting all the best shots and working so hard to make sure it all looked beautiful!

Profile Picture Erica, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

While it may seem cliche, I wholeheartedly feel that hiring a photographer you trust and admire is one of the most important things you can do as you plan your own wedding. I had the pleasure of meeting John Bacolo of Gabelli Studio while working as an event coordinator during a June 2012 wedding. Aside from being charming and professional, I saw first-hand how organized and extremely talented he was. Luckily, we stayed in touch ... so when I became engaged in May 2013, Gabelli Studio was immediately my first choice for photography.

Although a splurge for us, hiring this team has been worth every penny already. You can't put a price tag on NOT worrying whether or not your photographer will show up on time, get the right shots or achieve the "look" you want. As a type-A personality and event designer by trade, it was amazing to NOT have a worry in the world that day when it came to photography. When John showed up that morning, I felt a sense of calm and trusted him to capture the day. To date, I have only seen ONE sneak peek of our wedding day via Instagram and SEVERAL guests have told me they wish they had hired Gabelli for their weddings just based on that one photo. I can hardly wait to see an entire day's worth of pictures when we return to the studio to work on our album!

I love these guys, especially Christina who is equally awesome to work with, and consider it a blessing that they had my date available so we could collaborate on my own wedding vs. client work. I would encourage every couple to discover Gabelli and their range of talents when shopping for photography & video. Make an appointment, visit the studio and see what they're all about. You'll be blown away by their portfolio - past and present - and fall in love wth their dynamic and work ethic. I'm so thankful they captured our day and can't wait to work together again in the future.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/3/14, 11 Reviews