Gabelli Studio Reviews

Gabelli Studio 5
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 08/16/2019

Wedding Photographer Dream!

My friend used Gabelli Studio's for her wedding 2 years prior to me getting engaged. Once I got engaged, I knew their fabulous work and that I wanted to book their company. John is the absolute best in the field! He is personable, professional and so sweet. From our engagement pictures to our wedding day he made us feel comfortable and we had some great laughs with him. We recently just received our wedding flash-drive ( the coolest presentation of a flash drive) and out of the 3,000 pictures, we literally could not find one photo we did not like. John and Jim truly cared about capturing all the special moments of our wedding day. STOP LOOKING AND BOOK GABELLI!!

Sent on 10/06/2019
    Gabelli Studio 6
    Gabelli Studio 7
    Gabelli Studio 8
    Gabelli Studio 9
    Gabelli Studio 10

Gina & Geremy,

Thank you so much for sharing your big day with us! The pleasure is all ours. It's clients like you that make it all worth while. We look forward to your future in our Gabelli Studio family!

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2019

The Best!!

My husband and I shopped around for a photographer for our wedding and we met with John Bacolo at Gabelli Studios. John is so friendly and outgoing which made our decision so easy. I highly recommend Gabelli Studios. Having pictures taken can be awkward but John provides such a light, fun, and comfortable environment. During our engagement photo-shoot, John spent additional time with us, in spite of us running late due to traffic, to ensure he got great shots. Gabby Sebok is the BEST! She was ALWAYS available to answer all of my good (and bad) questions. She took the time to talk out ideas and timing of the wedding day which was really important to us as we opted out of doing first look. On our wedding day, the entire Gabelli team brought such a great energy. They arrived at the hotel to our chaotic room where we were getting ready and worked around the hair and makeup prep. The team is so much fun to work with- they are professional but not afraid to laugh and make the day a fun and memorable experience. Furthermore, our pictures were stunning! I highly recommend Gabelli Studios to anyone searching for a photographer/videographer for their wedding or special event.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Gabelli Studio's reply:

We want to extend the sincerest thank you from Gabelli Studio for all the kind words! It's been a delight to work with such a kind couple like you and Anthony. We are very excited to see you grow together in this new chapter of your lives!

Emily · Married on 07/12/2019

A true fairytale experience

Johns ability to photographer is truly a work of art especially when you book him for the Pleasantdale Chateau. Jim photographed our reception and he kept his eyes on us all night. When we walked Around the room taking selfies with our guests he was right there taking the photo with his camera. He literally would pop out of no where. My husband and I were so impressed! They say the best photographers are the ones that you don’t see and that couldn’t be more true about Gabelli. I cannot even tell
    You where they were set up in church which put me at ease because I did not want to distract from our church ceremony. I highly refer Gabelli studios. They are an excellent team!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Gabelli Studio's reply:

Thank you so much for taking your time to write these very thoughtful words! You and Michael have a great flare that we admire not just as professionals, but also as friends. We appreciate you letting us share in your big day!
  • Y

Yiwen Jia · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing and wonderful!!!

We booked Gabelli Studio for our wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau earlier in June 2019. Gabelli was one of the preferred vendors and based on my research on their portfolio of work, I could definitely see why it was a preferred vendor! I loved the quality, content, and context of their photos. Gabelli does an amazing job in capturing the most important moments and elements of a wedding day, whether the moments are planned or sporadic. The photography capture the essence of human emotion in all its joy for the bride and groom and their guests.

After our first meeting with Christina, who was so sweet and informative, we knew we wanted to book with Gabelli. Gabby was also so sweet to work with and answered all my questions promptly. We met with John, the lead photographer, a couple weeks before the wedding to go through the day of details, itinerary and timing, etc. John was super accommodating to the schedule and activities we had in mind and provided some suggestions as well based on his expertise and experience.

On the day of the wedding, John, Jim, and Lou did an amazing job capturing all the big moments of the day and identifying amazing places to take pictures of us, our parents, and our bridal party. I'd like to specifically highlight how accommodating and flexible they were in meeting our requests. I asked for additional and specific photos to be taken in different areas of our venue and they accommodated every single request. It goes to show how much they care about their couples and capturing all the public and intimate moments of the special day.

Beyond their skills as photographers, John, Jim, and Lou are so personable and have a great sense of humor, which is always such a positive when it comes to weddings as the day can be stressful for couples. My husband and I had a lot of fun during the photoshoot with Gabelli and we can't wait to see our photos in the coming weeks!

Thank you John, Jim, and Lou!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Gabelli Studio's reply:

Gabelli Studio would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for letting us share in your incredible day.

You and Yong were an absolute pleasure to work with for every step of the way. We love what we do because of couples like you!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/29/2018

Makes everything easy!

I loved working with John and Jim! They made the whole experience stress free! They were easy to joke with and made everyone feel comfortable. They did an amazing job making sure to get shots of everything. Their service is above and beyond what I could have asked for!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Lauren -

Thank you so much. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. Congratulations once again!

Natalie A. · Married on 08/11/2018

Loved them!

Gabelli Studios was the best choice I made for my wedding. My pictures are absolutely beautiful. John and his team capture great moments and know how to pose the perfect romantic picture. I am so pleased with my pictures! I wish I could show everyone how much of amazing job they really did. I was at ease knowing I had them taking my pictures, they know exactly what they are doing.

Sent on 11/15/2018

A · Married on 08/09/2018

My wedding was 8/9/18 and we are in awe of how our day went. A lot of that we attribute to John & his team. From start to finish, John & Christina were prompt in responding to our questions/emails. We have gotten so many compliments in service since our wedding day and we haven't even seen the photos yet! From start to finish working with Gabelli team has been great. There are a lot of awkward photographers out there and we were not impressed by any, but as soon as we met with John our minds were put at ease. He did our engagement photos in Central Park and made us feel very comfortable. Photography is the most important aspect/detail of a wedding to invest in so I suggest that you don't cut corners with this one and go with Gabelli, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/29/2018

We got married on Friday, June 29th at the Park Chateau and had the best night of our lives and so happy we have wonderful photos to help relive the entire day.

I first met John and Christina at a vendor show the Park Chateau hosted for their brides and grooms. I instantly felt comfortable and a good connection with the two of them. Flipping through some of their work just ensured that I didn't need to look any further for photographers. That week I called Christina and was able to book everything. Throughout the planning Christina was my go too girl. She was wonderful! I would email her my concerns/questions and appreciated her prompt responses.

On our wedding day we worked with John, Jim and Gabby. All wonderful and a BIG part of our special day that we will always remember. They were all on time, professional but mostly fun! We cannot thank the entire team enough for helping us plan, shoot and sweat on one of the hottest days, all to make our day special.

We cannot wait to get all our photos back and make our album! I highly recommend Gabelli Studio for future brides & grooms for all your photography needs! They were the best!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2017

We are extremely happy with Gabelli Studio- We dealt directly with John, Christina, and Jim. They were all amazing! John took beautiful engagement pictures for us, Christina was always there to answer our questions, and both John and Jim were amazing on our wedding day. I am very particular and wanted certain pictures, and they made sure to keep that in mind throughout the day. we can't wait to see all of our photos- the ones we previewed look beautiful.
    -XOXO, Amanda and James Amore

Sent on 09/17/2017

Stacey · Married on 07/22/2017

Gabelli did the most amazing job photographing our wedding. They caught so many amazing moments without us even being aware and the quality of photos we got back are truly off the charts. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Christina, in the office, is so helpful, kind and responsive. John and Dan photographed our wedding, they worked seamlessly with everyone and when our wedding was delayed due to rain, Dan stayed far later than he needed to and was able to get so many memorable shots toward the end of the night. I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Janet · Married on 07/15/2017

It was an absolute pleasure to work with John and the rest of the crew at Gabelli. He was able to get to know us from the engagement shoot, which made the day of the wedding comfortable, fun, and easy. John took the time to learn all of the names of the bridal party so they felt comfortable with him as well. He remembered all of the must have pictures and through out the night made sure that we got them all. We wouldn't have chosen or trusted anyone else for our special day.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Catherine · Married on 06/29/2017

We used Gabelli Studio for our wedding and cannot express how amazing the whole team was to work with. We are so grateful we chose them as they went above and beyond to work closely with our venue to make sure everything went perfectly. Christina always responded to emails and calls quickly, answering any questions or concerns in detail and organizing our schedule for the day. She made the whole process go so smoothly! The day of our wedding, John and Jim made sure the whole wedding party was relaxed and had fun while taking our pictures throughout the entire day. Everyone was personable and accommodating as our wedding party was quite large! Many of the bridesmaids and groomsmen have been in multiple weddings and couldn’t get over how easy the Gabelli team was to work with. We cannot thank you enough for capturing our special day and for the memories we will have for years to come.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Victoria · Married on 06/03/2017

We could not be more thrilled to have chosen John Bacolo and Gabelli Studios for our photography and videography for our wedding on June 3rd 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. From our first meeting, through our wedding day, we never had a doubt that we had chosen the best team in the business, and now, looking at our breathtaking photos we cannot even put into words how grateful we are to have chosen the Gabelli Studios team to document our wedding day. Christina, the studio manager, was so thorough and responsive to answer any and all questions we had, and made a timeline for us in advance of our day so that we knew exactly what to expect. Day of, John and the rest of the team made us feel so at ease and comfortable in front of the camera - we had so much fun taking photos, and STILL got to participate fully in our wedding day. The entire team so beautifully and artistically captured our entire day – even catching some moments with guests that we had missed. Looking through our photos was like re-living our wedding day all over again. We cannot thank you enough for everything – and we will look forward to working with you again for other milestones in our life together!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Nikki · Married on 11/12/2016

To the wonderfully talented Gabelli team:

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for recommending Cava Winery, in Hamburg, NJ. They were AMAZING and soooo accommodating. They literally let us take over. We were inside, at the bar taking pictures with their wine barrels (haha) walking through the vineyard... SO so so accommodating. And they were closed to the public, since it was a weekday. So we didn't even have to deal with customers getting in the way. I would STRONGLY recommend using them if you have another bride interested in a similar location.

Secondly, I don't think I can even find the words to describe how utterly blown away we were with Jim. To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the shoot; I am much more comfortable behind the scenes. =) Well, once we got started, I realized how easy Jim was going to make the entire day. It was actually so much fun. Justin and I can't stop talking about it and laughing about how much fun we had. I am so grateful for Jim's ability to build rapport with us so quickly to allow us to let loose and have fun, but at the same time, maintain the perfect level of professionalism. Also, we spent almost 2 hours taking photos, and I know that is not standard. We are aware of Jim's dedication to get as many shots as he could, it was obvious he was not focused on the time at all (which flew by... again, thanks to Jim!). I haven't even seen the pictures yet, but I am 10000% confident I made the right decision.

I CANNOT wait for the wedding day!!!! I know Jim is going to be a breath of fresh air on what can be a very hectic/chaotic day.

Thanks again!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Katie · Married on 10/28/2016

Where do I begin? Having to choose someone photograph the most important day of your life can challenging....but not after we met John and his team from Gabelli Studios! From the initial meeting, I knew my wedding photos and wedding day were in great hands! John and Jim both photographed our wedding and we could not be more pleased with their professionalism and being experts at their craft!!
    For some, it might be a little awkward or uncomfortable to be photographed (especially the kissing part! Lol!) but John and Jim are so awesome to work with that it made it fun!!!!

Everyone in the office is also great! Christina is the best and made sure our day/night was organized and perfect!! I look forward to working with others when we get back our proofs and start to choose our album!!

Do yourself a favor and hire Gabelli Studios to photograph your wedding, party, whatever event you have! You will not be disappointed....it was the best decision we made!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/15/2016

The moment I stepped into the Gabelli studio, I knew that John and his team would be exactly what I was looking for.
    I never considered myself to be photogenic until I had my engagement shots done with John. My soon to be husband and I were at such ease and had so much fun during our photo session. John made the whole process so much fun and was so creative with the way he had us pose in addition he was so great with understanding that we really wanted our shots to be done at the restaurant where we had our first date.

Christine, John’s assistant is one of the loveliest people that I have ever come across. She is always available for anything that I needed in addition to giving the best advise as she crafted our save the dates. I received countless calls and texts in regards to how beautiful our save the dates were and how talented the Gabelli team is.

On the day of my wedding , John and his assistant Jim made my wedding party so relaxed and we had nothing but fun during our pictures.

I truly believe that photos are the biggest part of a wedding and an investment since they last forever. Every bride wants a beautiful sunny day for their wedding and even if it rained on my wedding day, I knew that John would be able to capture us in the best light and capture who my husband and I are.

The Gabelli team made my dreams come true. I cannot wait to continue my relationship with them as I want the team to capture every milestone of our lives.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Andi · Married on 10/01/2016

Gabelli Studio was without a doubt the best part of our wedding! From the very beginning, they were responsive to all of our emails and phone calls. They worked closely with us and our venue to make sure our pictures went perfectly. John, Michael, and Tab were on time the day of the wedding and took over 1,700 pictures! They were creative and also took any suggestions we made. Our pictures look absolutely perfect and we have gotten so many compliments on them. They felt like more than a photography studio to us; they felt like our family! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

From the moment we called Christina to make an appointment and walked into Gabelli Studio to meet with John we knew we wanted John to be the photographer on our wedding day. Everyone at Gabelli Studio is genuine, kind, professional, and compassionate. Christina has been so helpful and sweet since the day we met her. John has true talent and compassion for photography. We recently had our engagement session. John made us feel like we’ve known him for years. Even on the windiest day in October he captured the most beautiful pictures that we will cherish forever. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking breath-taking pictures of us during our engagement session. You are beyond talented. We made the absolute best decision when picking Gabelli Studio to be our wedding photographer. We feel lucky and blessed to have you be apart of our special day. We cannot wait for the wedding!

Our wedding day was on August 20, 2016
    My husband and I cannot put into words how amazing Gabelli Studios is. The moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he had to be our wedding photographer. We booked Gabelli Studio over a year in advance! He is compassionate, down to earth and incredibly talented! The entire Gabelli Staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. It was truly a pleasure to work with them. Christina is an absolute sweetheart. She answered every phone call and email so quickly. She sat with us to explain every question we had in detail. We cannot thank her enough! The day of our wedding we had John, his assistant Jim and another photographer Kyle. All of them were extremely personable, talented, accommodating and flexible. The whole Gabelli team is truly spectacular. We cannot wait to see our pictures and use Gabelli for all the years to come! Thank you from the bottom of our heart for capturing the best day of our lives. You were apart of making our wedding day a dream come true.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/24/2016

Absolutely loved everyone we worked with at Gabelli- they went above and beyond to make sure our pictures were perfect ! So happy they were apart of my special day! They made it that much more special.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Alessandra · Married on 11/01/2015

Working with Gabelli studios was such a pleasant experience. My husband and I are completely camera shy and were not excited about the prospect of wedding photography. We were both happily surprised at the amount of fun and humor Jimmy brought to both our engagement shoot and wedding photographs, not to mention truly beautiful photographs. No one at the studio ever tried to push and fancy extras on us and were completely respectful of our taste and preferences. At the wedding, the photography team did an excellent job of being discrete but totally attentive. Our guests loved the crew and how friendly and professional they were. We really had an unexpected blast working with these guys due to our camera phobia :) Thank you Gabelli for capturing our very special day. (We love you Jimmy!!!)

Sent on 11/10/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

Like every Bride, their photographer is THE BEST EVER. Well, with Gabelli you can expect just that and more.

Scheduling an appointment was easy. I had a conflict come up and was unable to attend the initial appointment that would determine if we would sign the contract or not. My mom went to the appointment and met with John and Jim. My mom fell in love so we went with them. She scheduled our shoot with Jim. First the engagement shoot which we had to reschedule our shoot last minute and Jim was VERY accommodating.

So being a Bride and a perfectionist I was slightly nervous that I never met my photographer and he was about to shoot one of the biggest moments of my life. The pictures were breathtaking. Jim created a professional, fun, and memorable experience.

Christina at Gabelli helped put our save the dates together and we came up with an unforgettable magnet. The studio is gorgeous and Lisa is a creative genius. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing team!!

The day of the wedding Jim arrived with his team. We also choose to have videography through Gabelli. I was running about 45 minutes late, which created some tension for everyone but the staff at Gabelli. They stayed so calm, cool, and happy throughout the whole thing. I REALLY appreciated that. The last thing you want when your already stressed on your wedding day is your vendors adding to it. They took the stress away. At the end of it all the entire Gabelli staff has become like family. Oh and their work?? PHENOMENAL and ONE OF A KIND! I loved them so much I plan to use them for any special occasion going forward :)

Sent on 08/23/2015

They made us feel so comfortable during our wedding. They didn't rush us around to take pictures they went at a steady base. Would highly recommend there work to anyone

Sent on 07/26/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to use Gabelli as our wedding photographers! They are absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we met John, the owner of Gabelli, we knew that he just HAD to be our photographer! He is so nice and down to earth that he made us feel so comfortable with him right from the beginning! From getting to know us at our engagement session, to meeting with us as many times as we needed to before the wedding, he truly made us feel special! The entire staff at Gabelli is so warm and friendly, that it truly is a pleasure just talking to them. The day of our wedding, we had John, his assistant, and another photographer -- all of which were more than accommodating and flexible! The whole Gabelli team is truly the BEST!!! and we cannot wait to see our pictures from the wedding a few weeks ago!!! I just know they are going to be spectacular!!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/13/2015

We used Gabelli Studio for photography and videography for our June 2015 wedding and it was the best decision we made while wedding planning! John, Christina, Michael, Jim and the rest of the team are amazing to work with - always attentive, genuine, helpful and enthusiastic when answering questions and helping you prepare.

We received all our pictures and videos and are so thrilled with them. John, Jim, Michael and team did an amazing job capturing our day and made us feel so comfortable/have so much fun in the process.

We highly recommend Gabelli Studio to anyone who is looking for professional, beautiful and timeless photography and videography for their wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/15/2015

Thank you so much to the entire Team at Gabelli!!! John and Christina were so amazing to work with and I cannot wait to see all of our fabulous pictures. John was so professional and made us both feel at ease throughout the entire process as well as the day of. His work is truly amazing and I know he was able to capture our emotions that we were both feeling that day. The studio is so cute and I loved going there just to see the beautiful images of past weddings on display. Thank you, thank you, thank you and we can't wait to put our wedding album together!!!

Love