Gabby Chapin Photography Reviews

Gabby Chapin Photography 1
Gabby Chapin Photography 2
Gabby Chapin Photography 3

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

We're so so glad we went with Gabby! Being from out of town, we had to pick from a number of photographers based simply on their website and correspondence. However, it was immediately clear that Gabby's professionalism, super friendly personality, and her amazing gift with the camera set her apart from the rest. Choosing her to take our engagement photos has been the best decision we have made so far on this wedding planning journey! Given we were in New Orleans for vacation and unfamiliar with the area, we contacted her via email and she was able to suggest a few locations. She made the session fun and we were very relaxed and ended up with lots of natural shots (which we love!) At the end, she turned around the photos in record time and made the entire experience extremely enjoyable.

If you are looking for a photographer that is prompt in response, friendly and knows how to capture the best moments, then look no further - Gabby!!

Juliet · Married on 03/09/2018

I feel like it was fated for Gabby and I to meet! I labored so much over the photographer choice more than any other vendor, and honestly please just book her now and save yourself some time. We couldn't have been happier with the work she created with us, for our engagement shoot and the wedding. Everyone (I mean everyone) who has seen our wedding photos has commented on how beautiful they are. Not only are they visually stunning, but something about the quality of her work feels so warm and natural, yet well-defined and professional. The colors are beautiful, too! I love how she captured moments I didn't even realize she was capturing! Her second photographer was wonderful as well. Gabby herself has been so fun and charming and professional to work with; it has felt like a true collaboration. I find her pricing to be on point, too. I'm not going to let our relationship end now, by hiring her for some business portraits soon (and remaining friends :). You won't regret booking her.

Morgan · Married on 09/30/2017

Gabby was simply incredible. She was a breeze to work with, and very professional. She captured the emotions of the day perfectly! Also, the lighting in our outdoor pictures were stunning!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Gabby Chapin Photography 4
    Gabby Chapin Photography 5
    Gabby Chapin Photography 6

Gabby Chapin Photography's reply:

Aw shucks! Morgan, you and Brian were so awesome to work with! Your wedding was hands down one of the most unique and fun parties I've ever attended. Coming from New Orleans, that means a lot. :-D Thank you so much for bringing me to Georgia to photograph your wedding!

Juia · Married on 05/13/2017

I had the honor of assisting the beautiful Edmondson Wedding couple for their BIG day. The bride was tickled pink to have G. Chapin Studios to do the photography for their special event. After meeting them I can see why. Everyone on staff was very professional and responded in a rapid fashion to any request the wedding couple may had. They made the process so easy and smooth. Not only they were very professional but also friendly and took care of all the photography details. I personally recommend this company to anyone looking to have a stress-free experience as we are sure to end up with lots of memorable images from them.

Kristin · Married on 02/10/2017

Gabby was so enjoyable to work with. I really don't enjoy having photos taken but she made me relaxed and comfortable. She was very flexible and able to work with our strange ever changing schedule as we live out of town. I love that so many things were included in our package. I would not have not engagement photos if they had not been included but I am sure glad I did. She is a great vendor and partner to have during your wedding!

Sharon · Married on 12/19/2016

Gabby is so wonderful! She went along with my husband and I for our elopement in New Orleans. Gabby made us feel so comfortable and was so friendly. I wanted our pictures to not be overly posed and she totally understood what I was looking for! The pictures are like a documentary of our trip to the courthouse and walking around the French Quarter after. The pictures really are perfect!! I'm so glad we choose her!

je · Married on 12/01/2016

Gabby did our engagements, rehearsal dinner and wedding. She was one of the first vendors I booked and I knew as soon as I saw her website and met her in person that she was going to be amazing! And she was...our pictures have been so beautiful and timeless and I can't wait to see the rest! SO many people in our wedding party came up to me and told me how sweet and easygoing Gabby was. Loved having her around and will definitely be recommending her to anyone in need of a photographer! :)

Danielle · Married on 05/14/2016

Great experience!! She is a talented photographer, so friendly and just an overall nice person!!! Can't wait to use again for family photos. Would definitely recommend!! :-)

Sent on 08/01/2016

Danielle -
    Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't wait to see you again for family photos! - Gabby

Catherine · Married on 04/02/2016

I can't recommend gabby enough! She blended seamlessly into our day. Her photos were organic and never forced. She captures the joy and emotion of the day while making sure you are relaxed and present in every moment. We never felt like we were taking pictures which was the best part. Most importantly, her images are stunning. You will not find a better photographer in the city! And a major plus, her professionalism is top notch! Nothing but praise for this talented lady!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Catherine -
    Working with you was a dream. You are so kind and generous to say such nice things! Thank you for inviting Daniel and I to photograph your wedding. It was a true pleasure and I hope to see more of you in the future.
    Cheers!
    Gabby

Jenny · Married on 09/26/2015

Gabby is incredible, as is her whole team, Daniel and Jennifer, it was so fun to work with you. Just talent and personality all around, and I can't wait to get our photos! Starting with the Boudoir shoot, Gabby made me feel comfortable and sexy. it was actually so fun and empowering to do. For the whole wedding weekend she was everywhere and doing everything, even with her big beautiful baby-belly!
    During the ceremony I didn't even know they were there (maybe I was distracted) but guests told me they were in all the right spots for great shots.
    you guys really are the best and if I have any other photo needs in the US you will be my go-to...unless you want to fly to Israel :-)

Sent on 10/14/2015

Jenny -
    You flatter us in all ways and YES, I want to fly to Israel! Yes please. Daniel, Jennifer and myself all enjoyed photographing your wedding and felt so blessed to travel from Louisiana to beautiful Vermont to do so. We can't wait to share the final images with you, there are so many! We're happy to serve you, Tom, and your families any time we can. Thank you so much for giving us the pleasure of being a part of your wedding weekend. It was epic.

Much Love,
    Gabby

Nikki · Married on 08/08/2015

Gabby is such an amazing photographer! I could not have imagined working with anyone else on our wedding day. I can't wait to work with her again in the future! :D

Gabby is an amazing photographer. She shot our engagement and our wedding, and we absolutely love her. She takes amazing photos and knows how to catch great moments and amazing light. She doesn't force any "moments" like some other wedding photographers I have experienced, everything she captures is completely genuine and I wouldn't want it any other way. We will cherish our photos FOREVER! I will absolutely keep in touch with Gabby, and look forward to working with her again in the future when we start our family for a family shoot!

Angella · Married on 04/25/2015

one word: INCREDIBLE! I haven't even seen all of my photos and I can't wait to see how much more creative Gabby can get with them. Gabby is a creative sorts that does not allow her mind to stagnate and bore. From simply the sneak peak, Gabby has already gone above and beyond my expections (which is rare) lol. Thank you thank you thank you miss lady and I can't wait to see what more is to come of this project. I hope its one of many to come!

Gabby did an incredible job of capturing our "wedding day story" through photography. She made us feel relaxed in front of the camera and has a brilliant eye for wedding photography.

Jackie · Married on 09/20/2013

When it came time to pick my photographer for the big day, I knew there was no better option than Gabby. As a friend that I hadn't seen since high school, I knew that she would do the best job possible. And in no way did she disappoint. She was there to offer any insight in the months leading up to the wedding, and she really came through on the day of. She was invisible when she needed be, and offered advice when necessary. She really made me feel calm, and most importantly, "stunning," as all brides should feel on their wedding day. Even though I have only had a glimpse of a few photos, I know that they will all be wonderful and truly reflect how I was feeling that day. Thanks Gabby!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jackie -
    You and Brad make such a handsome couple. I couldn't have had a more relaxed atmosphere to work in and I am so excited by your kind words in this review! Thank you so much!!! - Gabby

Jeff · Married on 06/09/2013

Her talent, professionalism and personality made her a blast to be our wedding photographer! We have her photos up all over the house and are constantly reminded of how amazing evening!

Marla · Married on 05/04/2013

Thank you Gabby for the fantastic photos. The previews are spectacular. We can't wait to see all of the pictures. We enjoyed having you as our photographer and received many comments from guests at how impressed they were with you. Thank you for meeting with us the day before the wedding to choose the best sites for pictures. The bride appreciated your willingness to travel to Baltimore to photograph her special day. It was fun to have you be part of my daughters wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Gabby Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this! I had such a lovely time at the wedding and I can't wait to show you all the photos. They will actually be ready for Jamie + Eric when they return from their honeymoon!!! ♥

Kat · Married on 03/23/2013

I love Gabby!! She was one of the best parts of our wedding and I'm so grateful to have found her! Her photos are hands down the best purchase we made towards our wedding. Gabby is a very positive, communicative person, and my experience with her was above and beyond my expectation. She really listened to what I was looking for, and what was important to us, and delivered just that, and then some. I've gotten so many compliments on how breathtaking the pictures are. Now that our wedding has passed, I'm so glad we have her wonderful pictures for years to come!

Gabby photographed our rehearsal dinner and wedding and she did such a fantastic job! I was planning the wedding from afar, so finding someone who was easy to communicate with via email and very responsive was important to me. Gabby is extremely responsive, and I ended up really enjoying emailing and planning with her because she's such a positive, cheery person. She was ready to help with any questions I had and she really listened when I explained which pictures were important to us, and which weren't. The actual experience of working with Gabby at our wedding and rehearsal dinner could NOT have gone better. She was totally on top of everything, and I loved having her positive energy around us! And truly the best part is that we got the most breathtaking photos!! Gabby is an artist about her work, and she truly cares about the people she's working with, and that's the kind of thing that really comes across in her photos. I'm so grateful we'll have her pictures to show our kids!! I would recommend Gabby to anyone, without hesitation.

I cannot save enough wonderful things about Gabby. I contacted her after my original photographer had to void our contract because she found out she was due around the time of my wedding. From my first contact with Gabby she was friendly, responsive and extremely helpful. She was in the process of getting married herself which I think gives her a special insight into the whole process. Being an out of town bride it was hard to make decisions without having actual meetings with vendors but I could read Gabby's personality through her emails and knew that I had made a great choice. She is laid back but professional and very creative. I was just able to review my gallery this week and I am extremely pleased with the results.

Pictures were not a huge concern for me (which I'm sure is not what any photographer wants to hear) so I was hoping to find someone that did great work but was also affordable. Hiring a photographer for $3,000 was not something I could stomach. Gabby appreciates that her clients are on a budget but looking for quality work and prices her services accordingly.

I think what struck me the most is that you could tell she genuinely cared. I would get emails out of the blue just checking in to see how I was doing. No other vendor I worked with gave me that amount of personal attention. While it was not something I needed or expected, it was an unexpected surprise.

I truly enjoyed working with Gabby, I would highly recommend her to anyone and I would be more than happy to answer any questions or share any additional information about what it was like to work with her.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Gabby Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such kind, wonderful words of review! :-) It was an honor to be your photographer for such an important moment in your life and I hope you treasure your photos for years to come. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/15/2012

Gabby, I cannot sing your praises enough! Your talent has surpassed my wildest imagination! Your personality and remarkable eye for your art not only come through in your photographs, but it rubs off on those you shoot. I couldn’t have prayed for anyone better or anyone more fun to work with on the one day a woman dreams about her entire life. *Okay, sometimes it’s the second day ;)
    Gabby makes everyone so relaxed and comfortable on a day when most folks tend to get nervous and wound up. By her amazing gift of shooting at just the right moment and the way she goes about capturing a bride & groom to where it’s natural & down right romantic, any bride would cherish the chance to work with her! Even those of us that are not the most photogenic, it takes someone with a true gift to be able to create the kind of timeless memories that Jim & I now share.
    Gabby Chapin is a photographer who cares not just about the day of, but about what a couple wants out of their special day. She emailed and called me, just wanting to chat & get to know us a bit beforehand. I think her passion for her art & her warm, loving personality set her apart from all the rest which can really put a bride at ease! She came prepared; with an actual list of things we’d talked about throughout our correspondence weeks before that I’d said I liked!
    Another fantastic part about our day was that Gabby let us determine the course of events, while at the same time, helping keep everything on schedule so we didn’t get carried away or miss any important aspects of that wonderful day. She didn’t have to spend time moving people into “the perfect setting for the perfect picture” because with her talent, she didn’t have to! It’s like she doesn’t need to force anything and whatever she feels would be fun, beautiful & work best for the couple, she’ll do while keeping in line with her artistic eye. I am still in awe of her! Cheers, Whitney & Jim

Dori · Married on 06/15/2012

After my sixth photo session, in a two year time span, I think it’s safe to say what an AMAZING photographer I think Gabrielle Chapin is. This has caused me to become a G. Chapin addict!! Gabby is so artistic and very talented, always willing to go out of her way to accommodate me. Whether it’s driving over an hour away to Nottoway Plantation or trekking around the Audubon Zoo, she’s willing to go that extra mile to make the photos perfect. Gabby is very down to earth and such a sweet person that she was even able to get my husband to relax and enjoy himself. We started with a boyfriend shoot, a special mother’s day shoot with my sister, moved on to my engagement photos, bridals, and then wedding reception. The latest was a just for fun shoot with my husband and I because I couldn’t resist. I love the different feelings of emotion that wash over me each time I look at my online album for the first time. Not only is Gabby a great photographer I am lucky enough to call her my friend and am thankful to share all of my best moments with her.

• Jen

Jen · Married on 05/27/2012

Gabby is wonderful! She captured our day perfectly in every way. She loves to incorporate the customer's style with her own to produce unique photos for any occasion. She does everything possible to ensure she captures every aspect of the occasion and uses natural light marvelously! Her ability to take pictures of ordinary things and make them appear completely different is unmatched, and her pictures are breathtaking. I would recommend her above all else! And to boot, her prices are unbeatable!

Morgan · Married on 05/19/2012

Every bride has one thing that means more to her than anything- for me, that thing was the photos. After much research and stalking the sites of many talented individuals we decided to go with G. Chapin Studios. There was one shot in particular that grabbed my eye- a couple wrapped in a blanket, kissing. A simple photo, but my heart did a little flipflop and in that moment I felt the love this couple shared- and knew that’s what I wanted people to feel when they saw our photos. We have been to so many weddings where the photographer is in your face, overwhelming and adding a mildly frantic feel to what should be a peaceful and joyous day. We can only describe Gabby as everything but- she was calming and funny, and while she was capturing all the important pieces of our special day, she was also sort of ninja-like in the way she moved and was fairly invisible. Gabby has an incredible eye; the shots she got are unique, fun, and a reflection of our personalities. Looking at them now, we feel like we are right back in the moment as they capture the emotion of the second they were shot. You can feel the love and laughter, and sense the movement! There are so many words we could use to describe these images…none of which are boring! My (now husband, yay!) is very photogenic, but also a bit camera shy—Gabby met with us a few weeks beforehand which I think attributed to him being much more comfortable and thus looking amazing in all the photos! Our at-first-sight was fantastic (best part of the day) and Gabby even managed to get shots of us as we shared a bit of alone time before the ceremony (A ninja I tell you)! My only sad bit for the day was that we didn’t get a few of the staged shots I had hoped to including one with my husband and I with my mom- a photo we will never be able to recreate. That being said, my advice for future brides is to take the time to double check the list of “Must have photos” after all the staged shots are finished so you aren’t left weeks later realizing you missed an incredibly important one. With that being said, that was the only glitch...well that, and the fact that we love every single photo and are really struggling with choosing our most favorites!!! We definitely look forward to having Gabby capture all the other special moments in our life and have already recommended her to several friends! She is a really incredible...talented, sweet, amazing...a great addition to our wedding!

Andrea · Married on 05/05/2012

Gabby couldn't be more of a doll and a pleasure to work with! I was so busy with everything on my wedding day and didn't even realize what was going on around me that I was immensely grateful to have Gabby around to pick up on all the details I would have otherwise missed. She was a pleasure to work with and I love her work.