Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up Reviews

Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 6
Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/06/2019

Great for my small group

Everything was great from my hair and make up trial, all the way to the big day! They were super responsive to numerous emails throughout the wedding planning process, and accommodating a last minute addition. Since I did not have a wedding party, I also needed to find someone that didn't require me to have 10 people getting hair an make up done, so if you have a small group, they are an excellent choice (although I'm sure they'd do big groups well too!)

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Angelika

Angelika · Married on 05/25/2019

FANTASTIC to work with!

Gabby and Martha were truly fantastic to work with!

From their initial reply back, I could tell that they were the consummate professionals, genuinely cared about their craft, and were warm as can be.

MY MOH, bridesmaid, and MOB all looked exquisite!! Their H&MU truly did last all night long - 14+ hours and counting! My mom received so many compliments on her hair, including, that she looked like she should be on the cover of Vogue (which she naturally loved)!

My bridesmaid, who flew in from LA, and is pretty hard to please, LOVED her hair!! Her make-up also looked gorgeous with her skin tone.

All the girls looked elegant and received so many compliments all night long from the wedding guests.

Gabby is a high-touch communicator and both the sisters are sweet as can be. They arrived early on the wedding day and were ready to rock and roll. We were on schedule all-day and Gabby and Martha made the H&MU process a breeze!

Truly a pleasure to work with on your wedding day!

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 12
  • Krystal

Krystal G · Married on 05/25/2019

Great experience, flexible

Gabby and Martha were great to work with. They were flexible on timing, details and styles. I am beyond happy with how my hair and makeup turned out on our wedding day. I am also happy with how all of the bridesmaids turned out. Everyone had different style requirements and Gabby and Martha got them all right.

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Marlayna

Marlayna Vaaler · Married on 03/16/2019

Martha and Ilda Made Everyone Feel Fabulous

I was married on March 16, 2019, and Martha and her associate Ilda did my hair and make up as well as my mother and now mother in law's...and Martha also did my hair and makeup trial a few months before. Martha was wonderful throughout the process and able to easily adapt to any special requests, Gabby was incredibly responsive and helpful in getting all the logistics set up, and they were both just really easy to work with. Plus the fact that they will travel to you and make it so that you have no hair or makeup worries for the day was truly invaluable! I will miss working with them!!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 13
    Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 14

J.j. Jackson · Married on 11/09/2018

I loved them!

Gabby was so wonderful responding to my emails and answering my questions. They were really nice and arrived on time and were very professional and very friendly. All the women were just really great and so talented. I could NOT be more happy with them and TOTALLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Veronica · Married on 08/12/2018

I am not one to wear a lot of makeup or do more with my hair than a bun, but I decided for my wedding that it would be best if I had some professionals help me out. Gabby & Martha had gorgeous pictures online and great reviews so I decided to go with them. They are so nice and easy to work with. The trial was easy to schedule and went really well. They come to you on your wedding day, which was great, considering we had to start things early (8:30 am) to get my hair, my mom’s hair, and the bridesmaids done in time for the afternoon wedding. Martha and Ilda were fabulous. They are so sweet and funny and they really did an amazing job with my makeup and everyone’s hair. My hair and makeup looked even better than the trial. I actually want to start wearing more makeup now after looking at how amazing the wedding photos were. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Jason · Married on 06/16/2018

Just wanted to say thank you for providing a great service for our wedding! My wife loved her hair style and it stayed set throughout the whole day (even after hiking around for photos for 3 hours and then dancing).

Cheers,

Jason

Sent on 06/21/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2018

Gabby and Martha made me and girls look absolutely gorgeous! Everyone was over the moon about our looks. And I kept changing what I wanted w/ both hair and makeup even day-of, and they never batted an eye, just adjusted and moved forward. Never mind the fact that they are both so much fun to be around! I’m absolutely in love with working with these two fabulous ladies. Don’t hesitate to contact them!

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 15

Alexandra · Married on 11/05/2017

Gabby and Martha, you are an amazing team! Your work is flawless, fresh and natural. Our hair and makeup for my daughter’s Quinceañera surpassed my expectations. Your work ethic, flexibility and tremendous talent is one to admire and beat. Over the years, I have come to realize that it is difficult to find #1 quality, #2 carisma and #3 professionalism...I am convinced you have all three. Thank you so much for making us look and feel like a $Million Bucks$.
    Karla Martinez

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up 16

Su · Married on 10/25/2017

I was so happy with my make up and hair for my both bridal photoshoot. Gabby and Martha did a really good job. We had both sunrise photoshoot sections and they woke up super early in the morning and set up for everything and very professionally. It was so impressive. Thank you very much for your great job!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • User6526388 · 1+ year ago

Gabby and Martha were amazing from the very beginning until the end!!!! I had a trial with another makeup artist/hairstylist (not gabby or martha) a few months before my wedding and it was a disaster. About 30 minutes after the trial, my hairstyle started to completely fall apart, and I new I had to find someone new. I contacted Gabby and Martha after finding out they had done hair/makeup for a friend's wedding and the pictures were beautiful! Because I live on the west coast I couldn't do a trial until the week before my wedding, but I completely trusted them and they did not disappoint!!!! I ended up having a hair/makeup trial with Gabby and Martha a few days before my wedding and all I had to do was give them a simple description of what I wanted and they completely nailed it! It is incredible how they knew exactly what I was imagining in my head and made it come true with such ease. They made everything extremely simple and professional. They brought all of their equipment and even came to me for the trial, which was fantastic! They were easy to communicate with and sent very timely email responses to all of my (lots!) of questions. I was very nervous about having makeup, because I almost never wear makeup and I wanted it to look natural (many wedding pictures I look at it looks like the bride has WAY too much makeup and I didn't want that to happen). I couldn't have asked for them to do a better job, and they really listened to me and took direction (they weren't pushy about anything and when I said I did or didn't want anything, they listened). On the day of the wedding, my hairstyle and makeup lasted the entire night, and I was so thrilled and couldn't have been happier!! Thank you so much gabby and martha!!!!

-Jamie

Sent on 04/21/2018

Molly · Married on 10/07/2017

Gabby and Martha Hair and Makeup was one of the BEST choices I made during my wedding planning process. Hair and makeup was a tough decision for me- I get very nervous about what goes on my face as I used to struggle with acne and have some scarring as a result. During my trial, Gabby and Libby listened to all of my concerns and my hopes and dreams for hair and makeup, and they made it a reality. My skin absolutely glowed, every makeup choice Libby made complimented my natural look and made it perfect. Gabby is an absolute miracle worker with hair. I have coarse, difficult hair, but she gave me the up-do of my dreams. My bridesmaids were so happy with their hair and makeup as well- they all looked so gorgeous. Gabby and Libby took the time to listen to what my mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother wanted for hair and makeup and did it perfectly. We got so many compliments about how beautiful everyone's hair and makeup was. Brides, you MUST MUST MUST book with Gabby and Martha. They are truly the experts who can make your bridal dreams a reality. This was simply one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. Thank you for EVERYTHING, Gabby and Martha!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

Gabby and Martha (and their team) were so great!! First, Gabby is super responsive, which is always appreciated. Second, my fiance and I were having a brunch wedding (with me not realizing how long hair and makeup takes), and Gabby worked so hard with me to figure out how to we could get everyone ready in time *without* starting at 4 AM. Gabby also worked with me to figure out the location change, because we couldn't get into our venue until 7:30 AM, but we had to get started on the hair and makeup before that. (Gabby and Martha brought another stylist and an assistant to help keep things moving.)

My parents came with me to my hair and makeup trial, and Gabby and Martha were so gracious and accommodating. Gabby even did some trial stuff on my mom while I was working with Martha on my makeup, which was so nice of them.

The reason I chose Gabby and Martha was (a) the good reviews (obviously), and (b) because of the tight time schedule, I wanted people who were used to working together (as opposed to getting separate/standalone hair and makeup people). And post-wedding, I feel pretty vindicated. :-) (We did run a little behind schedule, but given the location change plus the cramped quarters at the venue, that was to be expected.)

Most importantly, of course, I looked amazing, as did the other gals in the wedding party. ;-) I'm very happy that I chose Gabby and Martha!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Martha · Married on 07/29/2017

Gabby and Martha did an absolutely amazing job on me and my bridesmaids at my wedding. My bridesmaids all wanted different looks, and Gabby and Martha made them all look amazing. I was nervous about wearing a lot of makeup, but I could barely tell I had it on and loved how I looked, and my hair got so many compliments! I could not have been happier!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

C · Married on 07/09/2017

Gabby and Martha were incredibly professional, talented, and fun to be around! I, as the bride, enjoyed the process of first corresponding with them via email, meeting in person a few months prior to the wedding for the hair and makeup trial, and finally, having them work with me and my family on my wedding day. I felt at ease -- they truly love what they do. They worked with a small handful of women very close to me, including my mom, sister, and mother-in-law. All of us were beyond satisfied with the results. We highly recommend working with Gabby and Martha!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Gina · Married on 07/01/2017

I booked Gabby and Marthas services while I was still in the Philippines. They were very patient in answering all my questions. They were very accomodating.
    Martha was a wonderful make up artist to work with, she is very professional. She is a natural artist. She really knows how to make women beautiful. She did my sisters, nieces and my makeup. We had the airbrush makeup and our faces looked flawless, it was fabulous.. It lasted all day and all night! Thank you so much Martha! You made that day extra special for us all...

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • I

irina · Married on 06/10/2017

I found Gabby and Martha at the very last minute after my first two wedding trials failed ( I am picky) and they were absolutely amazing! They were professional, knowledgeable, warm, and TIMELY! They didn't waste time talking about weather and other nonsense for 40 minutes (unlike previous vendors) before diving in and making things happen fast! I have very straight and thin hair, and I don't know how they did it, but my gorgeous curls (and my whole make up) lasted the whole day! And this is on top of the fact that it was a very very hot day and I sweated and cried like crazy! It was such a blessing to work with both of these ladies, who took the stress of make up and hair completely out of my wedding day! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Carolyn · Married on 05/28/2017

Gabby and Martha did a phenomenal job with our wedding hair and makeup at a very fair and reasonable price! I am so happy that we found them and recommend them enthusiastically. They handled makeup for 9 different women (including the mothers), and hair for 6, and everyone looked just beautiful. They timed our day out perfectly - we were never in a rush or scrambling to finish hair and makeup - and their artists gave everyone the hair and makeup look that worked best for them (no cookie cutters!). Gabby and Martha were extremely professional and very responsive throughout the planning process and the artists did a BEAUTIFUL job with all different types of hair, and a variety of makeup levels - they were amazing!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/20/2017

Gabby and Martha are GREAT! My hair and makeup was amazing! My wedding was in the morning, so makeup / hair start time was very early. They showed up at my house on time and ready to work. I was done ahead of schedule and looked great. You can't do wrong with selecting this sister team for your special day!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Phoebe · Married on 05/13/2017

If you are looking to book a hair stylist for your wedding look no further - BOOK THEM.

I had originally hired another hair stylist for my wedding and two weeks before my wedding had a very bad hair trial experience. I immediately did a yelp search looking for someone that was available on the day of my wedding to do my hair along with 7 bridesmaids and found Gabby and Martha. They responded to me immediately and were able to do a hair trial a few days later.

Martha came to my home to do the hair trial and took the time to do three different styles so I could be 100% sure about what looked best on my wedding day. I had never been more relieved. My hair looked and felt perfect. It was exactly what I wanted.

On the day of my wedding Martha and her assistant showed up on time, and did an impeccable job on the entire wedding parties' hair.

I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Gloria · Married on 05/07/2017

Gabby and Martha were, hands down, one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. Both were incredibly skilled (artists, for sure) and did both my hair and makeup that far exceeded any of my wildest dreams.

They were super quick, funny and warm, and absolute geniuses with both hair and makeup. I am giddy about seeing my pictures, and am forever grateful for Gabby and Martha making me look and feel absolutely beautiful.

Best hair and makeup in DC!!!!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Jasmine · Married on 05/06/2017

I loved Gabby and Martha! From my trial to our wedding day, they listened to all my concerns and made my vision come true. Wedding day, they were timely and professional. They did hair and makeup for myself, four bridesmaids, and my mom and everyone said they loved everything about their hair and makeup. They also covered up a medium sized tattoo on my upper back. At the end of the night, my hair and makeup still looked flawless! Their energy was a great way to start my wedding day and I appreciate not only their hard work but their excitement and I'm just so happy to have had them! Any bride should feel assured they are in the best of hands possible for their wedding day (or any big day!)

Sent on 08/10/2017

Phyllis · Married on 04/29/2017

My daughter in law treated the whole wedding party to this wonderful service. We had fun, looked amazing and I recommend these ladies highly. They ask what you feel right about and gonfor it.

Sent on 05/02/2017

andeliz · Married on 04/16/2017

Working with Gabby and Martha was so easy. They are true professionals. They carefully listen to your requests and their execution is terrific. I have seen them 4 times and each time my hair and make up turned out better than expected. For my wedding day, I was nervous my updo would not hold out all night and it did - for more than 12 hours without moving. My makeup was also lovely. I received many compliments!

Sent on 08/16/2018