Funky's Catering Reviews

49 | Cincinnati, OH

49 Reviews for Funky's Catering

Brittany · Married on 07/14/2018

Funkys was amazing! From the taste testing to our big day! The food was amazing and the quality can’t be beat! The staff was top knotch and so accommodating! I would choose Funkys Catering every time!

Nancy · Married on 07/01/2017

Our experience with the Funky's staff from taste testing to reception was exceptional. To start with the taste testing, we felt like royalty, and the food was exceptional. The hardest thing was deciding on what we were going to serve at the reception. Kristin was our captain at the reception. Our meeting with Kristin before the wedding put us at ease. We went over all the details at the reception, including singing happy birthday to a guest, which Kristin brought a candle for her piece of cake. Comments from the guests regarding the food was: best beef I have ever had, wish you could order this in a restaurant, best food I've had at a reception. The servers were very professional and efficient. We would not have changed a thing. Funky's was exceptional and we highly recommend them.

Janet · Married on 03/18/2017

Funky's Catering catered and staffed our wedding reception at The Transept in March. I wish I had the option to give them more than five stars!! The level of service and attention to detail was astounding. The captains and designers who helped plan our reception were all kind, creative, responsive and attentive. And the servers and bartenders who worked the reception were friendly and so hardworking as well. We were amazed at how quickly and smoothly each guest was served. The food was AMAZING and we've heard nothing but positive remarks from our guests. One family member told me that of all of the weddings she has attended, ours featured the best meal. Other friends and family members have had similar compliments, and it has been great to know that our guests truly enjoyed their experience. Thanks, Funky's, for making wedding planning such a smooth process and for making our wedding so memorable and fun!!

Michael · Married on 10/22/2016

Words can't describe how satisfied (literally and figuratively) we were with the food and service provided by the Funky's team! Our captain, Noah, ensure that the evening progressed seamlessly, from the cocktail reception and passed appetizers to the dinner itself. And multiple guests have asked who provided the food, sharing that they've never had a better meal at a wedding (and we've been to a lot of them over the years). Thanks, Funky's!!

Robyn · Married on 10/08/2016

Seth and Sarah at Funky's were the hit of the wedding! My husband and I have been to lots of weddings with mediocre food, and wanted to give our guests the kind of food we like to eat - casual, buffet style, barbecue and great veggie sides - without spending on a trendy caterer. Funkys was so down to earth and genuine; they guide you through the process while letting you maintain creative license.

For example, we simply sent Seth a menu of items we liked from restaurants around New York and Chicago, where we live, and his team literally recreated them. Verbatim. Including working with another caterer to bring in an entire roast pig that they carved and served onsite. All for less than we would have gotten elsewhere.

Sarah so kindly was waiting for my husband and I with our "signature cocktails" after photos (thank god) and the guests raved about the sticks of bacon being passed as appetizers (you must order these; they are incredible). Seth was a champion pig carver and general conductor of the evening. You cannot go wrong with this team - they were amazing!

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

For the past three years I’ve attend an annual holiday party that always uses Funky’s Catering. When it came time for my family to start our search for my wedding caterer, I knew I wanted to try Funky’s! We first met with Michael “Funky” and he made us feel so comfortable and so excited about working with them! By the end of the meeting, he made us feel like family. We then had an in-house trial taste testing were we got to try ALL possible appetizers, all salads, and a select number of entrees. The food was SOOOO good! We had a great problem of not knowing what to choose! But Jerin led the taste testing and he had wonderful suggestions for a summer wedding and helped us pair everything together to create an Amazing meal. We then had our final meeting with our Captain Seth a few weeks out from our wedding, and we went over all the details of the day. Seth was absolutely great! I knew I wanted a signature Mint Julep drink to go along with our equestrian theme and he and his staff made it BETTER than any mint julep I had ever had! All of food was cooked on site and it came out warm and tasted GREAT! Seth was always checking in on me and my husband to make sure we were happy and help keep things on schedule. The entire staff was professional and we could tell they took pride in their operation! My family would highly recommend booking Funky’s Catering for your next event! They will not disappoint.

Abby · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I were the first to be married at The Transept in Over the Rhine! Funky's catering is a part owner of the venue, and also the exclusive caterer. Both our ceremony and reception were held at this location. The venue itself is unquestionably stunning. I was particularly blown away by the bridal suite tower, it is truly a dream area for a bride to get ready. For it being their first run at this particular venue, the team did a fantastic job. Although their renovation timeline did not go exactly as planned by the time our wedding date arrived, they bent over backwards to make sure that everything was perfect for us. And it was! The food was absolutely amazing (as ALWAYS), and their customer service is second to none (also, as ALWAYS!) My family has been long time, very happy customers of Funky's, so there was no question for us to choose them for this special day. I can't say enough how dedicated the Funky's Catering team is to their craft. If you're seeking a top notch caterer and/or venue, I will recommend them over and over again... 5 STARS :)

Jamie · Married on 05/30/2015

The food was excellent and the service was perfect. We got several compliments on the wedding dinner. Feeding 170 people good food is certainly not easy but Funky's does a great job. I have used them for other events prior to our wedding and will use them again. Excellent food, modern choices, and good pricing.

Brooke · Married on 10/18/2014

We could not be more happy with our selection of Funky's catering for our Wedding. We absolutely loved the service, the care and the commitment to our entire wedding they provided to make it an unbelievable event! The food was delicious, the appetizers were not only extremely delicious but also very elegant. We had a large selection to choose from. The tasting was a great evening for our families and they really met every request we had and then went above that. The signature cocktails that we chose were the mojito and pink bellini. Both were so refreshing and the only regret I have is we should have ordered more. From the planning stages to the day of, Funky's made our entire experience so wonderful. I cannot say enough positive things about them. Starting with the professionalism, the care for making our dreams reality and also making us feel like the most special, important people throughout our wedding day. Shannon was wonderful to work with, Seth provided the best advice and organization for our meal. Michael the owner was so lovely to work with and even came out to congratulate us and ask how we liked our meal. Lory our captain made the entire evening run so smoothly. The only thing I wish is that we could relive the entire day! Thank you Funky's for everything, You are amazing to work with!
    Mr. and Mrs Kurt Fohl

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

We used Funky's for our wedding on 10/18/14 at the Newport Aquarium. They were wonderful all throughout the process. We worked with Davidson on the day of the wedding and he was great. The best part of their service that day was the lead server, Ashley (I believe?!). She was with my husband and I all throughout the cocktail hour making sure we had drinks and appetizers while getting pictures, she was a lifesaver. All the guests really liked the buffet and I would definitely recommend them.

Mike & Angie · Married on 09/20/2014

Great service and everyone raved about the food!

Mary · Married on 07/25/2014

Funky's made our day just excellent. Wonderful staff and great food!

The whole staff at funky's were great! Our family and friends commented on how polite everyone was and how fantastic the food was! Everything was served promptly and was delicious! Throughout the planning they were very accommodating as well and definitely worth every penny!!

Funky’s Catering was FANTASTIC!!! We used Funky's to caterer our wedding as well as do all our event rentals and we were so incredibly happy with how everything turned out. Our reception venue allowed us to bring in all our own vendors which we loved but we knew it would be a huge undertaking coordinating everything as well as finding all the vendors we need. We really don't know what we would have done without Funky's not only did they deliver amazing food but they were able to provide us with all linens and other rentals we needed. Sharon was amazing to work with helping us determine our delicious menu and workout any cuisine related questions we had. Cecilia was a lifesaver helping us coordinate our linens, rentals and even the custom bar we wanted to bring in. Suzy was our day of captain and she was fabulous; the food she and her team prepared was amazing and the service they provide was impeccable. Everyone kept complimenting us on how excellent the food was, how great the service was and how amazing the place looked and it was all because of Funky’s. We cannot thank Funky’s Catering enough for everything they did to make our day so wonderful. We would HIGHLY recommend Funky’s Catering for any event you are planning!!!

Tricia · Married on 03/22/2014

Loved the personal attention and the flexibility. At the tasting they offered a huge variety, way more than we had even asked to sample. Michael made us feel like our event was his highest priority.

We hired Funky's for our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception and they did PHENOMENAL job! If you are looking for a caterer in Cincinnati I highly recommend Funky's! The quality of service, professionalism and value was exceptional. We were really touched that during our rehearsal dinner they went out of their way to assist our grandparents who are in their nineties. Everyone is still raving about the delicious food and top notch service (Butternut squash canneloni is to die for!) Big thank you to Jerin, Sharon, Lauren and the rest of the Funky's crew for making our special day perfect!

Larry · Married on 05/26/2013

I don't always have weddings, but when I do, I call Funky's! From beginning to end, Michael and his entire staff are nothing short of true professionals. Our guests raved about the food and service. There are so many things to worry about when planning a wedding but Funky's took one big worry onto their shoulders and made our special evening even more special. Thank you Michael and your entire staff.

Larry

Emily · Married on 04/06/2013

Funky's was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process. They were WONDERFUL -- extremely responsive, very flexible in accommodating our requests and last-minute changes, and overall enjoyable with which to work. Our guests raved about the food AND the service. This is not your typical catered fare -- the food is both creative and delicious. One example of their excellent service which impressed many of our guests was that Jerin personally went around to each table to explain the menu and answer any questions people had. We love Funky's -- they have our highest recommendation!

Karie · Married on 12/29/2012

Funky's Catering is the best!!!! From top to bottom, they do it all and they do it well. Their service is unreal and they are very professional. The food is nothing short of amazing! Most wedding food is lukewarm, rubbery, and bland. NOT FUNKY's. We had a reception of 254 people and we received so many compliments on the food. It was so delicious and over and over people kept coming up to me telling me that the food was so good and they cleaned their plates. This is a top notch company and you won't be sorry if you go with them for an event you are planning

Jess · Married on 05/27/2012

Plan on doing business with this company again. Just absolutely amazing. The steak was juicy, the pasta was savory, and the mashed potatoes were creamy. Just wonderful. Thank you for making my day so extra special. My family is raving about it still.

Jen · Married on 05/26/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Michael and Funky's. Food was a top priority for our reception and they did not disappoint! We had a large number of vegetarians at the wedding, and we were able to create a menu that had both the carnivores and the veggies coming back for seconds!

Our event captain, Katy, was amazing. We discussed all the details at the final details meeting, and we didn't have to worry about anything! We had a room for the bridal party to relax in before being introduced at the reception and she kept appetizers and drinks flowing for us. Dinner was served on time and without flaw, and when it came time for the champagne toast, everyone had a glass in hand!

I would recommend Funky's 100% to anyone!

• Dori

Dori · Married on 05/12/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Michael & his team at Funky's. Everything was awesome from the beginning. When we went in for our taste testing appointment, his professionalism blew us away. Not to mention, the food was outstanding. Compared to other companies we met with, he was awesome.

On our wedding day, Suzy was our team captatin. She was amazing. When we met for our final details meeting, she told me to leave whatever I needed her to do at the reception hall in a box. I left things for her to put on place settings, on tables, etc. And everything looked great before the guests arrived. Suzy kept food & drinks coming out to the wedding party as we were getting our pictures taken. The appetizers & food served was awesome & people raved about it all night. I still get many, many compliments on our food.

I am so glad I decided to go with Funky's Catering & would 100% recommend them to anyone! I know they may be a *bit* pricier than others, but it's definitely worth it. They will take good care of you, no questions asked!!

• Diana

Diana · Married on 08/06/2011

They blow away the competition! Everything was simply delicious and their attention to detail shows not only in their food but in their quality of service. Our friends and family are still talking about how wonderful the food was. Great food, great service, great value!

Lynn · Married on 07/09/2011

Funky's had, by far, the best food we tried at several tastings for our wedding reception. Jerin was helpful and professional in planning out exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding, we had absolutely nothing to worry about - Seth, our captain, had been in contact with me several times the week before the wedding to finalize details and make excellent recommendations. The food was amazing and the service was flawless. Seth and the staff at Funky's went out of their way to make our reception perfect. Anytime we needed something during the reception, they were right there to assist. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer!

Jason · Married on 07/09/2011

Amazing. The best food. Could not get enough but the best was the professionalism. Have never met a more organized catering company.