Funkle Jesse Reviews

16 | Grand Rapids, MI

16 Reviews for Funkle Jesse

• Sara

Sara Garrett · Getting married on 05/10/2021

An awesome band for a night of dancing

Funkle Jesse played at my sister's wedding and they were awesome! The dance floor was packed the entire time they were playing. The variety of music was amazing and they were so much fun! I would recommend Funkle Jesse to any bride and groom!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Katie

Katie Short · Getting married on 12/09/2020

Must book for your wedding!

It has been a few weeks since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how awesome Funkle Jesse was and how much fun they had on the dance floor! I cannot recommend them enough. The music, the singing, the song choices - perfection at every point. Plus they handled all of the pre-wedding logistics so well and in a very timely manner. They were also very flexible with my multiple changes in plans due to Covid. I will be recommending them to everyone I know that gets engaged - including you. If you are reading this - book Funkle Jesse now!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Lindsey Yerkov · Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely out of this world!

They just did my brothers wedding this weekend and they were beyond amazing. The energy they brought was phenomenal and every person loved them. I would 100% book with them and a ton of people at the wedding said the same! This was the best wedding I will ever be at and one of the reasons was because of this band!

Charles Yerkov · Married on 10/17/2020

Incredible Energy!

These guys brought the house down all nite! The band really put our wedding over the top & everyone had an absolute blast. Highly recommend them for your next event!

• Jenni

Jenni Yerkov · Married on 10/17/2020

The best!

Funkle Jesse played at our wedding this past weekend and they were definitely the highlight! They have the best energy, incredible talent and Brad was great to work with the months prior leading up to the big day! I can’t say enough about this band, they exceeded our expectations.

• Michaela

Michaela Gilmore · Married on 09/18/2020

I wish I could leave more than 5 stars...

I have nothing but positive things to say about Funkle Jesse! They performed at my wedding and were incredible! Not only did they play live music at our reception, they coordinated the sound for our ceremony as well. I HIGHLY recommend a live band for your wedding and I ONLY recommend Funkle Jesse.

Sent on 10/01/2020
  • Heather

Heather James · Married on 08/15/2020

Best Part of the Night!

Funkle Jesse has been one of our local favorites to see in GR for years. We were so excited to book with them during our engagement! Brad was so responsive and easy to work with in the process. They have a lot of options to work within your budget and ad-ons! They played 3 of our songs live (highly recommend doing this!) and were the most fun part of our night. Everyone was out on the dance floor! Some of our friends booked Funkle Jesse for their wedding too because they loved them so much! I cannot recommend this band enough!!

Sent on 09/30/2020

RachaelDalian · Married on 09/07/2019

The Best Party Band!

I cannot rave enough about Funkle Jesse! They were amazing and made my wedding so much fun! I first saw Funkle Jesse play over a year ago at an event at the Zoo of all places and I asked them if they did weddings, and immediately booked them! Afterwards, I saw them play a few times in the Grand Rapids area and again at a bar in Mackinac Island when I happened to be there! They are the best and I'll continue to follow and support them. Brad, the band leader was easy to communicate with leading up to the event, and lead singer Hannah is just amazing. Thanks Funkle Jesse, for making my wedding reception a party, you guys rock!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Kathy · Married on 09/15/2018

As our family and friends talk about our daughter's wedding, I keep hearing “Do you know what really made the party? The band!!” The energy and fun Funkle Jesse brought to our celebration was incredible. The dance floor was packed the entire evening and people were having a great time. It was a pretty magical night.
    We also asked Funkle Jesse to provide music for the outdoor ceremony and their guitarist provided exactly what we’d hoped for- a beautiful and respectful background of music for their vows.
    Finally, I would emphasize the professionalism of dealing with Brad regarding payments, arrangements, questions, etc. He was always quick to respond to my emailed questions which helped a lot, especially with our last-minute decisions.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Funkle Jesse's reply:

Thank you SO much, Kathy! It was truly our pleasure and we're so happy that we were able to perform for such a beautiful wedding and a wonderful couple!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/30/2017

Booking Funkle Jesse as our band for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made through the whole wedding planning process. They KILLED it. Seriously amazing job, massive inventory of song selections and just an overall great time. We had guests asking us for their information all night so they could book them in the future and I don't blame them. They know what they are doing and are an awesome value. They will make your day even more memorable:)

Sent on 10/26/2017

Shawn · Married on 09/27/2015

We hired Funkle Jesse to play our wedding reception in St. Joseph, MI and it was the best decision we made (other than marrying each other). Being a musician myself, my expectations were high and the band hit the mark across the board. From the first time I emailed to check their availability to shaking their hands after the night was over, they were quick to address our needs and professional. They showed up to the venue early to setup before the guest arrived and were dressed to impress and ready to rock when we got there! Between all the speeches, playing a few songs with the band, and a last minute song request I would say they were pretty dang flexible and willing to work with us to make sure we had a great time. They were a pleasure to work with and the quality of their performance compared to their cost was definitely in our favor. We will be on the lookout for their regular shows the next time we are up in Michigan!

Sent on 10/01/2015

We are so happy we hired Funkle Jesse to play our wedding! We contacted Funkle Jesse the summer before our wedding after being referred to them by locals on Mackinac Island. Lauren, the lead singer and our main contact, was more than accommodating to work with. The band was able to learn special requests (i.e. first dance, mother/groom dance, bride/father dance). The band worked closely with our wedding planner and everything was perfect. The band sounded great and our guests had a blast, we had so many compliments!

Sent on 11/10/2015
  • TexasBeThyFrontier

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

Website: www.funklejesse.com
    Email: funklejesse@gmail.com

One of my bridesmaids commented that a wedding band is a high risk/high reward proposition; that's 100% true. However, Funkle Jesse is ALL reward! Funkle Jesse is hands-down a fantastic option for getting a party going!

My FH and I had our hearts set on having a wedding band and heard Funkle Jesse play a local gig before we contacted them. We were floored. They were our first choice band. When we discussed pricing with them, we didn't even call anyone else.

Stuff to look forward to when you book Funkle Jesse:
    - Tons of variety. They will lure all generations on the dance floor. They also learn new songs you've been hearing on the radio on a frequent basis, so their set is fresh. Their online song list is just a sampling. They also have a variety of instruments in the band (bonus harmonicas and trombones make an appearance!)
    - Stage presence. They engage the audience and have fun! They also let me sing with them when a friend asked. So sweet!
    - In-tune professionals with confident musicality. FH and I both took music lessons growing up, and it's quite shocking how many wedding bands have problems with playing on-key, rhythms, etc--listen to online demos and you will hear what I mean.
    - Constant contact. Lauren, the frontwoman, was Johnny-on-the-spot with any questions we had about logistics.
    - Nice people! They had fantastic attitudes.
    - Affordable. Really, really affordable. Like, why-are-you-thinking-about-settling-on-a-DJ-when-Funkle-Jesse-is-just-as-competitively-priced?! affordable
    - They learned our special songs (first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance) for free
    - They set up early and had music playing for our cocktail hour, during dinner, and on breaks
    - Extra points for a super cool band name. It's sometimes overlooked, but it certainly builds anticipation. All of my millennial/Gen Y friends were like, "You got it, dude!"

Sent on 09/19/2014

Eric · Married on 08/09/2014

Funkle Jesse is...... AMAZING. They are super accommodating, show up way early, stayed til the bitter end, and do whatever it takes to make sure the music side of your night is flawless.
    The band just brings an awesome energy to the party.
    When we booked Funkle Jesse, I said, someday my kids aren't going to believe that I had Funkle Jesse at my wedding because these guys are going to be famous!

Book Funkle Jesse or regret it. If you ever read a bad review about Funkle Jesse it's because that person lives a cranky life, or something out of the ordinary happened and was out of their control.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jenny · Married on 09/12/2015

Lauren and the band were absolutely PHENOMENAL!! First of Lauren knows how to rock a mic - she was a great mc as well as has a KILLER voice. The band was so much fun to work with and is incredibly talented. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. Seriously - there wasn't a moment it wasn't completely filled. At one point, I had to dance on the cement because there wasn't space on the floor for me and my big dress to fit!! The talent and energy this band has is phenomenal. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on how awesome Funkle Jesse was. Even my grumpy old uncle was gushing about how amazing they were and danced a little bit. But aside from just being a killer band, they were lovely to work with. They learned a few new songs for our first dances and one that is just particularly special to me, they were super responsive despite Lauren planning her own wedding and having gigs almost every weekend (I mean...typically entertainment vendors are the WORST with communicating - i was so impressed!), they let us make our own play list for breaks and even downloaded the songs to their system so I didn't have to mess around with an MP3 player of my own- and to top it all off they recorded our first dance and gave us the recording as a special little gift - which was so unexpected and touching. We are so thrilled to have that forever as the band played it beautifully. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend these guys - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/27/2015