Function 45 Event Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

Function 45 Event Entertainment 1

Lindsay · Married on 11/24/2018

Best decision ever. Truly amazing

Steve and Function 45 were a preferred vendor at our venue and we can see why. We called Steve after perusing his website and we were sold. He is incredibly personable, professional and just wonderful to work with. He asks questions that help you think about what you want your wedding to be like and helped us come up with fun ways to involve our wedding party the day of. If you want to have fun, and ensure everyone else has fun at your wedding go with function 45 for your dj/entertainment needs. I don't think my now husband and I left the dancefloor all night and loved all the ways we were able to personalize and make our day our own with the help of Steve. Also definitely go with the photo booth soo much fun looking at the images. Thank you Steve and thank you function 45!

• Lorine

Lorine Cheung · Married on 10/01/2018

A true MC and DJ!

Steve and his team at Function 45 was amazing! He kept all of our guests entertained and engaged, involved all of the wedding party in the entertainment, and kept the dance party moving all night. In the planning process, he had a ton of great ideas like the social media moment and the wedding party introductions that we ended up doing for our wedding. He helped us pick out the perfect songs for every important moment of our wedding and had a ton of great tips for us. Our guests raved about him all night and he had the most compliments from our guests out of all of the vendors that night.

We also opted to get the photo/video booth from him, and his lovely wife put together a beautiful memory book that we got to take home with us the next day. We definitely had a bit of the post-wedding blues as all of our family and friends flew out the next day so it was really nice to be able to flip through the book and feel the love all over again.

We are so happy we went with Steve for our DJ/MC and photo booth. Don't go with Steve if you just want someone to play background music for your event. Highly recommend if you want highly engaged guests at a wedding, party, or any other celebration!

Allison · Married on 07/14/2018

Steve was recommended to me by my coworker and friend, after he had done her sister's wedding and her own upcoming wedding. Even just over the phone I could tell Steve put tremendous energy and thought into everything he did, and it was going to be a great fit. In June, I attended the coworker's wedding, which was the most fun I had ever had at a wedding (largely thanks to Steve).

Before our big day, Steve and I met to plan out everything, and he drove all the way to Livermore to check out my venue. He had so many great ideas that I never would have thought of, including doing a bouquet toss "for luck" instead of only for single ladies. He also was open to incorporating French songs, as we were having multicultural guests.

Steve arrived super early and super prepared. Countless people have approached me after the wedding to ask who he was or for his contact details, because he kept everything moving and made the night so fun and special. Thank you Steve and Function 45 for everything!

• thyken

Maggie · Married on 12/31/2017

STEVE IS THE MAN!

With a NYE Wedding, we had a huge bill to fit and Steve was the man for the job. He was the first vendor outside of our venue that we hired and he was worth every single penny. Our family and friends have continuously told us what an amazing time they had at our wedding and it was all because of him!

Steve came highly recommended by our venue coordinator, so we set up a phone interview. Typical phone interview may be 30 minutes or so, right? Not with Steve! We were on the phone over 2 hours. He felt like a friend immediately and understood the party vibe we wanted our wedding to have. We had 2 more appointments between that and the big day so that Steve could nail down all of the details.

The day of, everything went perfectly. Steve kept our guests on the move all night long--the goal since we wanted everyone to party through midnight with us. He kept everyone awake and involved and it was the best! He even threw in a few surprises for Brandon and myself. We had the most amazing time! He is not just a run of the mill DJ--the man is an entertainer!

We love you Steve. We are so glad we found you and that you said yes to us!

Function 45 Event Entertainment 2

Bailee · Married on 12/23/2017

If you want a wedding reception that is never dull, flows smoothly, and is so much fun, look no further than Steve. Steve worked with us through a few consultations and really made sure that our reception was exactly what we wanted. He also had some awesome ideas about how to keep our wedding running smoothly and make our guests feel included. For example, he helped us with personalizing our introductions for our wedding party, making them hilarious and setting the tone for a fun reception.

Steve is easy to work with, a ton of fun, and made our wedding exactly what we hoped for. Highly recommend!!!

Ed · Married on 09/03/2017

Truly the best in the business! My wife and I interviewed a couple other DJs/MCs, but couldn't find what we were looking for until we found Steve.

Every DJ can play good music, but to be able to manage and entertain the crowd is a whole different ball game. Our goal from the beginning was to make sure everyone had a blast and enjoyed the wedding. To do that, Steve engaged everyone on the dance floor.

My wife and I didn't leave the dance floor once! It's been almost 2 weeks since our wedding and guests are still texting or posting on social media how much fun they had and how much they liked our DJ! Steve and Function 45 made this such a memorable day!

Cassondra · Married on 08/12/2017

Stop looking for DJ's because Steve is the best you will find! As many others have said, we wish we could give Steve a 10 STAR rating, because he deserves it. We had our wedding on 8/12/17 at Scribner Bend Vineyards, and from beginning to end he has been amazing to work with. We interviewed 2 other DJ's from the preferred vendors list in person, and did a phone interview with Steve. We knew 5 minutes into our chat that we had found our guy! Even though we booked him over a year in advance, Steve still was there to answer any questions I had and was always quick to respond. When the wedding was about a month away, Steve sat down with us for almost 2 hours, and helped us plan the day from beginning to end. He has amazing ideas that he presents and helps you tailor the day to make it unique and a representation of you as a couple.

I was telling people how excited I was about our DJ because I knew he was going to put on a fantastic event. When we lined up to go down the aisle, Steve was already set up and ready to go. Everything we planned was executed perfectly, and he made sure our guests knew exactly what was happening, and he kept everything flowing perfectly. On top of everything we planned, he had tons of surprises in store as well. From interacting with our guests during dinner, playing a game to give away the centerpieces, and so much more! I don't want to give too much away, because you deserve to be surprised on your Big Day too!

All of my guests have raved about Steve, and have all said that we had one of the best weddings they have ever been too, hands down. Our wedding day was perfect, and a big part of that is because of Steve! We recommend him to anyone who is looking for a DJ because he is the best, and on top of everything else, his rates are more than reasonable for what you get! Thank you again to Steve and Function 45 for making our day so unforgettable!

Allison · Married on 07/22/2017

STEVE. Where do I even start?!
    I knew he was going to make our wedding day ridiculously awesome just from reading his past reviews, and hearing every single person who brings up his name RAVE about him, so my expectations were set pretty high. Wedding day comes, and every single one of my hopes and expectations were absolutely BLOWN. OUT. OF. THE. WATER. Steve and his team 100% MADE our wedding day.

My wedding coordinator said it best: "When Steve starts to ramp up the party, just wait..... it's going to ramp up. Like, hard. And trust me, you aren't going to want to miss a single second of it." It's almost miraculous how Steve somehow had the ability to get EVERY SINGLE PERSON at our wedding involved and having a blast for the entire length of the night. Going into our wedding planning process, my husband and I were having time coming up with music and an activity lineup that kept everyone of all age groups engaged and truly having a blast. Enter Steve -- HE MAKES THE MAGIC HAPPEN!

Steve: Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for giving us the most perfect wedding day imaginable. I originally thought that when the wedding was done and behind us, I’d be a little sad that after all that anticipation and planning, it was over — but the night went so flawlessly, and was SO AMAZINGLY PERFECT that I am still floating on cloud 9, and wondering if I am ever going to wake up from this dream. Thank you for every special touch (the uplighting had my jaw dropped TO THE FLOOR — I had no idea how much it would add to the atmosphere, but obviously you did!). Thank you for making my dad happier than I have EVER seen him in my entire life — the smile on his face and him going completely NUTS when his song came on unexpectedly is a memory I will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Bottom line: END YOUR SEARCH, PICK STEVE, AND GO HAVE THE BEST WEDDING ANYONE WILL EVER EXPERIENCE IN THEIR LIVES.
    - Allison & Victor

Betsy · Married on 06/30/2017

Steve was the most amazing DJ for our wedding! I remember him from a wedding I went to 10 years ago, and he was the first vendor I booked for our wedding. He made every moment memorable and was the perfect MC throughout the night! Everything was flawless and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the Sacramento area!

Jessamyn · Married on 12/18/2016

Steve was amazing! He brought an incredible source of energy to our big day! Everyone had a blast at our wedding and he is partly to thank! Steve has that radio dj voice which contributes to his performance skill and effectiveness . He also has an amazing eye for lighting and can turn a beautiful venue into an amazing experience of a lifetime.

Anna · Married on 09/24/2016

Steve is absolutely amazing! The energy he brought to our wedding kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. From the start he was invested in making our wedding day special. He came and visited the wedding site a few months prior, he gave us unique and memorable ideas for our bridal party entrance, and he even helped combine songs for our dream flash mob surprise. If keeping your guests happy and entertained all night long is something you wish for, look no further and hire Function 45! We would recommend Steve to anyone and everyone!

Kesia · Married on 07/31/2016

THE BEST DJ YOU WILL EVER MEET!!

Steve is incredibly talented at what he does! You have to meet this man!

My Husband and I contacted Steve early on, when we were planning our destination wedding to Park Winters for July 31, 2016. Being miles away in Alberta, we initially thought it would be fairly tricky to secure and book our Vendors from a distance. Not at all! We bonded with Steve right away over the phone and had several conversations to cover all the important details. It was all executed perfectly.

He also took on the additional role as our MC, and was not only thrilled to do so, he was absolutely phenomenal at it! Our guests loved him! Throughout the dance, he read our crowd to a T, and had 28 people dancing for 2.5 hrs!!!!! It was amazing and incredibly fun! Our pictures are absolutely priceless, as they captured everyone's pure joy! Be sure to ask him about the Decades Dance, as this helped everyone get right in to party mode).
    Also, the Uplighting and Letter Monograming he provides is gorgeous and looked so elegant.

Our guests have told us over and over how awesome our DJ was, and his reviews online are fantastic for a reason! He has mastered his skill and I hope you are lucky enough to have him as your DJ/MC!

Thank you Steve and the crew at Function 45, for helping us make the most amazing memories! Our day was beyond magical. We can never thank you enough.

Thank You! XO

Dustin & Kesia VanDyk ~ July 31, 2016

Megan · Married on 07/02/2016

Steve was absolutely amazing at our wedding!! My husband and I first met him in August 2015 and were blown away by all of his ideas. It truly was so much more than just the music. Fast forward to a few weeks before our wedding when we broke down the details which was an even better experience than before. We knew our wedding was going to be fantastic. It wasn't just fun, it really was us. Knowing my husband was a sports fanatic, Steve incorporated sports in a fun way such as introducing our bridal party as athletes (the groomsmen died and went to heaven) and using a football signed by the bridal party for the garter throw. While in the process I was nearly tackled by the overly excited men in our wedding, it is one of the BEST pictures we have recieved. The winning groomsman gloated all evening long about catching it. I danced on the dance floor until the last second. My husband even had to ask Steve to extend the dancing a half hour for me. I can't even stop there. We rented a photo booth through Steve. I had not wanted one but my mother in law was dying for one and was willing to pay (pick your battles ladies!). Well this wasn't your usual photo booth. We didn't just get a couple of strips of photos people thought to give us. The next day when we brought Steve his final check, he gave us a thumb drive with ALL the pictures taken and EVERY video people filmed in the booth! We spent our afternoon on the computer laughing as our open bar started to take effect and smiling as we saw family members who bent over backwards to attend tell us such thoughtful messages. Now I won't tell my mother in law she was right, but it was truly worth every cent. We no joke recieved texts from friends and family members the next day raving about how great Steve was! Our guests couldn't get over how great everything was and how much fun they had.

You won't go wrong with Steve and Function 45.

Katherine · Married on 05/27/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Function 45. Our DJ Jeff was AMAZING! He was so professional and so much fun to work with. Communication was very easy. On the big day, he was there on time, setting up, and everything ran so smoothly. Music that I wanted and my family wanted played was played. He did such a wonderful job on keeping all the guests entertained. There's wasn't a full or awkward silence type of moment. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone that was getting married!

Cleo · Married on 05/21/2016

If you are looking for the best MC for your wedding Steve is it! Steve made our wedding fun, kept the energy level up, and most of all made the night memorable for everyone! He knows how to keep everyone engaged from the beginning of the ceremony until the last song. Steve was in contact with us many times before our wedding and helped so much with the selection of our music. He knew what would keep people having fun and engaged, he really knew how to make our wedding a celebration! We had guests from age 16 to my 88-year-old grandpa. Steve knew how to keep everyone entertained and was able to integrate fun games into our reception. Even the introduction of the wedding party was fun! My husband and I decided our first dance song would be "Don't stop believing" by Journey. A bit unconventional but a song that meant a lot to us. Steve was completely on board! After the formalities of the wedding when we were able to just dance with our friends Steve created the most memorable moment of the wedding. He played our first dance song again and asked all our friends and family to dance with us and sing along (who doesn't feel the urge to sing this song?) I have the most vivid memory of my husband and I in a circle of our closest friends and family with Journey blaring in the background and everyone singing "Don't stop believing!!!!" The memory brings tears to my eyes and is something I will never forget, it was such an incredible and special moment. Steve is the ultimate MC and truly a master of his craft. Thank you so much Steve for being a part of our special day!

Macee · Married on 05/13/2016

My advice: stop looking and book now!!!

Steve is the best DJ, hands down. I have dreamt for him to be my wedding DJ ever since I met him at a friend's wedding 3 years ago. He blew me away at their wedding. He was so involved and so upbeat and unique. I called him to get a quote and ask questions. AWe would talk for an hour at a time. I could tell he really cared about me and making my wedding amazing. My husband and I met with him to go over details and we booked him right then and there. I talked so highly about him that my husband didn't have any doubts. I knew we would have the most amazing night with Steve as our DJ.

As our wedding day approached, we met with Steve for wedding day details and he took his time with us. He gave us advice and really got us excited. I could not wait for our guests to experience what Steve had to offer. I had some issues with my original coordinator on the night of our rehearsal and I immediately called Steve. He made me feel 100% better and calmed me down. He reminded me that no matter what, our night would be perfect and that he would do everything he could to make sure of it.

Our wedding truly was perfect. I owe so much to Steve. Although our guests were party animals, Steve made sure to keep it going all night long. He did so many unique things. Our bridal party grand entrance was so fun, we introduced them with "what you know and what you might not know". For the buffet line, our guests played bride and groom trivia to see who was next. I could go on and on about what I loved. We also had a photo-booth, which I highly recommend. Our guests loved that little detail and we had so much fun checking out the pictures and videos the next day.

Our guests have complimented on how great our DJ was. Thank you so much Steve. You and your crew were so amazing. Geoffrey and I are so thankful to have had you as our DJ on the best day/night of our lives.

Steve customized his services to make our wedding as special as possible. He spent several hours on the phone going over every detail so there were no surprises, and gave us many choices - everything from music to whether we wanted guests to take pictures with their phone or not. He truly emceed the whole night and was pivotal to the flow of the wedding. We gave him a lot of freedom to do what he does best: get the crowd in the palm of his hand and get them involved with every part of the evening. I am still getting great feedback from the guests that he was FUN and funny! The dance floor was rockin' all night...and hey...as Steve told me before our wedding day, that's the pride of a great DJ/emcee!

Bink · Married on 09/20/2015

I hired Function 45 for the wedding of my daughter. Steve and his team were awesome!

I am a veteran live sound engineer who is particular about the caliber of sound system components, and about the resulting sound quality. I was picky ahead of time about the loudspeaker models and the microphone, which are the most critical parts. The "Elvis" mic Steve rigged on a wireless stand was perfect. The speakers sounded great. Function 45 delivered all the quality that I expected, which was a lot!

More than that, Steve drove the event forward with appropriate music selections and an understated style of master-of-ceremonies patter. He helped make things flow smoothly, even when parts of the wedding and reception did not go as planned. He had musical choices ready for the little ones who were running around, and a "Decades" sequence which got the gray-haired folks up on the floor to mix with everybody else. Steve kept the focus on bringing two families together in spirited celebration, and it worked.

Steve brought a crew that was efficient in setting up, and professional in demeanor. The dance floor lighting was fun yet appropriate to our budget. My daughter was very happy with the photo booth, which was great for keeping the kids occupied, and fun for the adults!

All those who commented to me about the wedding and reception said that Steve was the magic that made the evening so fun. I agree!

Eric · Married on 07/25/2015

Steve from Function 45 is a very professional and genuine person to work with. When my wife and I had our first meeting with him, we were struck by how energetic and enthusiastic he was about his profession and his company. We found that we were able to talk freely and comfortably with Steve. We were relying on him to bring fun, entertainment, and a playful demeanor to our wedding. And boy, did he deliver!

For our wedding we chose to have him DJ, provide ceremony music and speakers, and provide up-lighting for the reception. As a DJ, we have never found anyone close to his raw entertainment skills. He was actually able to get every single guest dancing for a good hour or two, which was amazing considering we had some older guests and some guests who didn't even speak English. This was a testament to how he was able to bring energy and fun to everyone, and provide some method of connecting with each guest. As far as the music, the quality was great and the noise wasn't too loud. It was loud enough to dance to, and yet our eardrums weren't blown out by the end of the event. The music and voices during the ceremony were perfectly easy to hear and understand. The up-lighting was also great, and we loved the flexibility of being able to choose any color on the spot with quick and easy adjustments.

When you set up a meeting with Steve (we insist), you will see for yourselves how easy and simple he is to work with. He has electronic forms he follows to make sure all questions pertaining to the event are asked and answered. He works with your schedule and doesn't mind phone calls when an in-person meeting proves difficult. He listens to your requests and helps guide you in the right direction when deciding on songs, games, etc. We won't give everything away, but he has some very interesting and unique games he can organize at the wedding to bring fun and laughter to all of the guests. Very highly recommended, and thank you for all of your work Steve!

Abigail · Married on 05/15/2015

We could not have been happier with Steve! We enjoyed working with him in the pre-meetings and he absolutely 'got' our Vision. He even had some great ideas that absolutely improved our wedding (no spoilers - I'll let him surprise you ;) ).

Day-of he nailed it - he adeptly wrangled the guests as well as the wedding party, served as an adept Master of Ceremonies, kept us on schedule and really got the party going when the dancing started. He juggled our disparate musical requests and had both 'adults' and 'kids' dancing alongside each other.

After the wedding both our parents (and others) raved about Steve and how he made our event so successful, and we agree!!

Thanks, Steve, for being an integral part of our special day!!

Vanessa · Married on 11/22/2014

Words cannot truly express how incredible Steve was. I had very high expectations for our wedding and Steve blew it out of the water. I have been to many weddings and Steve was by FAR the best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. He is a Bride's dream come true. He runs the show, keeps you on track with timing and makes it so you can just relax and enjoy your reception. I love how he does a custom song for the first dance, and makes that special moment even more special. He did so many fun activities to get the guests involved in the reception and to get them up and moving. We had guests tell us they never dance at weddings, and they were up and dancing the whole time. He had so many fun and original ideas that made the wedding one for the books. We have had many guests tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been too and how amazing Steve was. One of our guests is a DJ and he said he was blown away by Steve as well, that he was the best he has ever seen. Thanks to Steve I had my dream wedding. He is the absolute best! If you want an experience of a lifetime then Steve is your man!! He is phenomenal! You will not be disappointed if you go with Steve, he is truly the best!

Caitlin · Married on 09/20/2014

Steve is the BEST! If you want to see everyone dancing and having an awesome time, you NEED this DJ! I can't tell you how many people came up to me to tell me how great he was! People are still talking about my wedding! I HIGHLY recommend him :D

Caitlin · Married on 09/20/2014

Steve is absolutely phenomenal! I cannot put into words what a great job he does. I have a musical background, so technically speaking, he knows his stuff. The sound quality of all the music was top notch, and there were speakers throughout the venue so no matter where my guests were, the could still hear what was going on.

Another thing he did was kept the flow of the wedding going smoothly. There's nothing worse as a guest than to not know what's going on, and Steve made sure my guests were informed the entire time. They knew when to be seated, they knew when and where appetizers were at, when the cake cutting was, etc., etc. And the entire time, he played games so there was never a dull moment.

In addition to this, the lighting he provides absolutely sets the mood. He had uplighting throughout my venue that made for such an amazing effect throughout the night. And the lights he has on the dance floor create such a fun environment.

I have to say, however, my absolute favorite thing he did for us was create our first dance. He had my husband and me record messages to each other prior to the wedding that he masterfully incorporated into our first dance. We hadn't heard each other's message until that moment, and it had us both in tears. But we weren't alone. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Everyone shared this special moment with us, and it is a memory I will cherish forever.

I cannot recommend Steve highly enough. If you want the wedding of a lifetime, you HAVE to go with Function 45!!

Steph · Married on 07/11/2014

It was very important that our wedding reception was a lot of fun.

As soon as I spoke to Steve Schon from Function 45 over the phone he was very knowledgable, understood my vision and was able to provide many helpful suggestions on how to make this happen (this was even before we decided to have him DJ/MC).

During the planning process he was very accommodating and suggested many things that I had not even considered.

On the night he kept things running smoothly. We kept guests engaged with games and dancing. Many guests walked away saying what it was the best wedding they had been to!

If you want a wedding that is a lot of fun, I highly recommend Steve.

Jacky · Married on 05/25/2014

Lets play word association to start off this review. Michael Jordan - Basketball. Jerry Rice - Football. Ali - Boxing. Steve at Function 45????? DJ'ing!!!!!!!

Steve was highly recommended to us by another industry professional. He was described by the well known photographer as the "best DJ he had ever seen." Naturally, we contacted him with the highest of expectations. After a wonderful, not-so-brief (in a good way) consultation, we knew we found our guy. He was charismatic, passionate and a real professional. He gave us an idea of what he had in mind and gave us plenty of time to personalize our big day. During the final meeting he was very attentive and detailed. He took notes on exactly how we wanted everything to go. On top of that, he made suggestions and walked us through it all. We felt special whenever we left. We knew we were in good hands.

All we wanted was a wedding that was a lovely, fun and memorable event that no one would forget. Here we are, two and a half weeks after our wedding and, we are still hearing from our guests how wonderful of a night our wedding was, because of Steve.

Thank you so much Steve! You are TRULY THE BEST.