Fun Squad DJs Reviews

1 User photo

• W
    Weinstein Married on 01/07/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great accolades for fun squad djs

I have nothing but great accolades to say about the Fun Squad DJs DJ. We had a lot of fun all night. After attending other weddings this summer of friends, I was so happy we went with Fun Squad DJs. A++++
    Carl K. Married on 11/26/2022

Best day ever

This really was the best day ever and a great deal of that is Thanks to Fun Squad DJs. We are huge into all kinds of music so hiring the right DJ was super important to both of us.
    From the start communication was way better than any other vendor we hired. We had one vendor we couldn't reach until the week of the wedding so Fun Squad DJs being so quick to reply to every question was amazing.
    The ceremony and reception were in two different locations and they did everything with precision and ease. Every music cue was perfect and the sound quality was superb. I have nothing but great things to say. We are super picky so if I had something negative to say like our cake (different vendor, cough, cough), I would. Seriously it was great and my company will use them next for our annual party.
    Thank You Fun Squad DJs!
    Howard A. Married on 10/08/2022

I was wowed!

I cannot say enough good things about Michael. Our wedding reception was carried out flawlessly, all thanks to him! The music was fantastic, and everyone had a great time. Michael made himself available whenever we needed him in the months leading up to the wedding. He helped us plan every single detail. He provided us with numerous helpful suggestions. He was more than a DJ to us he helped us PLAN our wedding.
    He provided excellent service, at an excellent price. HIGHLY recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Mariah W. Married on 09/10/2022

Perfect Wedding Day

Such a great choice for our wedding! They provided MC services, ceremony music, and reception DJ services along with uplighting and general sound equipment setup throughout the venue- all for a very fair price! The team at Fun Squad DJs made the planning process ridiculously easy from the get-go. We let them know about key songs that we wanted for specific moments and provided a playlist of all our favorite music to inspire their choices for the rest of the night. They flawlessly borrowed from those options and expanded based on their thorough musical knowledge to create an AWESOME party. After dinner, most guests did not leave the dance floor all night long. Yes, I did get blisters but I didn't even know because I was having so much fun.
    It was also really important to us to include live musical performances by some of our close friends during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Michael coordinated with them and our day-of-coordinator directly to set everything up. It was so special to have our community be part of our wedding day and added a very personal touch. You can't go wrong with the Fun Squad team- they rock! Our most-received compliment was: "You guys really know how to throw a party!" and we couldn't have accomplished that without Michael and his team!
    Christine S. Married on 08/27/2022

Amazing Wedding Dj

Fun Squad DJs and Michael brought the best package for our September wedding!! We heard from a majority of our guests that they have never been to a wedding as fun as ours and were surprised by how packed the dance floor was all night. This was due to Michael’s high energy and killer music!
    As the bride, the ceremony was the most memorable part for me. I collaborated with Michael to design the processional/recessional flow which was tailored to be classy, but not overly sappy. It was seamless and brought everyone to (happy) tears. I could focus on being in that moment because he took care of everything! Prior to the wedding, Michael was easy-going and fun to work with! The moment I had a question he responded through email or phone immediately, I mean really fast and within minutes of my question. That was amazing. I have never met someone who responded so quickly through email! He is an incredibly thoughtful, attentive, kind and a COOL guy! Michael learned styles/songs we liked and didn’t like so he could make the evening fit our style and keep the vibe up which he knocked out of the park! I know Fun Squad DJs and Michael especially facilitates a wide array of events, but I would 100% recommend them/him for your wedding if you want someone who is a pleasure to work with, and someone you can totally trust, and keep your guests dancing all night!
    Nicolas J. Married on 08/13/2022

Wonderful wedding

I cannot say enough about Fun Squad DJs! From day one they went above and beyond in helping me plan and coordinate my wedding. His responses were always timely and professional (usually within an hour). He accompanied me to the venue during my planning in order to best prepare himself for the day. He even volunteered to come to my rehearsal at no extra cost. To my surprise, the day of rehearsal, the wedding planner we had hired was a no show, my luck lol, Michael stepped up big time with all his necessary equipment and completely took charge of the rehearsal. He made the ceremony practice flow so easily and took all the pressure off myself and my fiance. The day of the ceremony, Michael showed up early, got set up, and proceeded to help everyone finish getting ready for the day. He sent all the wedding party down the aisle at ease and fluffed my wifes dress before she walked. He turned the reception into a party just as we requested and played the songs I wanted and then some. I got so much more out of the services than I ever expected. I highly recommend Fun Squad DJs to ANYONE getting married in Portland or the Mt. Hood area like us, he definitely made a huge difference in our wedding! With no wedding planner he was a true blessing.
    Alisia Married on 08/13/2022

Best Dj ever

If you are looking for one of the best DJ's around, I would highly recommend Fun Squad DJ's. Michael went above and beyond the normal duties of a DJ to make my wedding flow smoothly and is great at keeping everyone engaged in the event! Our wedding coordinator was a no show and caused so much stress but Michael really was such a help. During my wedding, there was an issue with the venue which pushed up the end time of the reception by over an hour. Michael was so so professional and helped find a solution to this problem so my husband and I as well as our friends and family could enjoy our evening. Michael kept the reception perfectly paced (even after the end of the event was moved up) without making my husband and I feel rushed or stressed and NO EXTRA CHARGE by the way. In addition, he did a spectacular job at choosing music that kept all of our guests (of all ages) on the dance floor and having a great time. I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding reception and would recommend him to anyone that wants a fantastic, fun, professional DJ that goes out of his way to make your wedding a huge success!
    Tara S. Married on 07/02/2022

Best day of my life

The day was magical and full of positive energy. I was so fortunate with the vendors I hired. Fun Squad DJs was the best part of the night (aside from the food). Every song was on perfect que and sounded perfect. Everyone had a great time. A big Thank You to Michael!
  • Bill
    Bill C. Married on 11/24/2021

Truly Amazing Sound!!!!

Truly Amazing Sound
    My wife and I tied the knot just after the crazy Portland heat wave that happened. I was so worried we would be melting but it turned out to be a beautiful day. The ceremony music was perfect and my grandmother could hear everything. I think this was one of my biggest fears. To see the smile she had was amazing.
    People who know the Oregon Golf Club know the huge tent where we had the reception. I wanted my brother to play a song he wrote on his guitar. No other DJ company I spoke with knew how to make this happen. Michael knew not only how to do it but totally set me at ease that it would be handled and it was. It sounded perfect and everyone loved it. He played all of our must play songs in an order that fit our family. My family isn't the best dancers but I was amazed at how involved they were all night. The music was loud enough on the dance floor for dancing but low enough at the tables to where you could still talk.
    I will be recommending Fun Squad DJs to everyone needing a great DJ!
    Thank You Michael!
    Marie D. Married on 11/20/2021

Mt. Hood wedding

I have had the chance to work with Michael at Fun Squad DJs at many weddings and events that I have photographed and always loved how he picked the perfect music for each portion of the night and kept people dancing! When it came to getting married myself, Fun Squad DJs was the first company I emailed. Music has always been the number one priority for me for my wedding (other than photographer, open bar and my future husband of course!) so I needed to make sure who ever I hired was someone who I felt would listen to what I wanted. I felt after our first call DJ Michael was that and more. When we had to postpone not once, but TWICE (and hopefully the last time) they were always kind and helpful, it really took a lot of my shoulders to know he was on my vendor team! Big Thanks to Fun Squad DJs!
    Christie N. Married on 10/23/2021

High tech wedding

Michael and his assistant John did our wedding earlier this month. This was hands down the best DJ I could of asked for. Mike went out of his way to make our day perfect. Not only was the music perfect for us and our guests but he made sure all the other vendors knew and followed our timeline and made everything flow smoothly which reduced all stress and anxiety for me. His equipment, and up lighting was super high tech and up to date which was needed due to us needing three set up areas and cordless mics. Overall super friendly, very professional and had everyone pumped and having an amazing time. All of my guests loved him and I would highly recommend him to everyone for any occasion. Thanks again Mike and John!
    PS: I have had no vender ever respond to emails so fast like Michael does. I hire different vendors for my work all the time and communication is usually slow. NOT WITH MICHAEL!
    Jeremiah S. Married on 09/25/2021

Understands weddings

Michael is amazing! As a DJ he totally understands how to build a mood and create a party. He has all the gear for even the biggest venue or event. One stop shop for all your DJ needs. 5 Stars would recommend!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Tony
    Tony S. Married on 07/11/2021

Classy, elegant

DJ Michael from the Fun Squad DJs was AMAZING at our wedding. We interviewed several possible DJs and chose him for his professionalism and his ability to hear our vision for the day. He played a lovely dinner set and an INCREDIBLE dance set. We provided an eclectic song list (funk, electronic, salsa, hip hop, pop, Balkan beats, etc.) and he totally worked with it - everything flowed well and people were on the dance floor for 3 hours straight. It was amazing. He made no cheesy announcements and just kept the music going. Michael also did really well at managing guests and fending off unwanted requests with their request app. Fun Squad DJs was highly professional and flexible when it came to navigating COVID, rescheduling, providing proof of vaccination, etc. Big thanks to them for playing such an amazing party and for making our vision come to reality. Highly recommend!
    Josiah P. Married on 07/11/2021

Dancing on a cloud

DJ Michael and his talented team really made our wedding unforgettable! We worked with Michael for our event. He is AMAZING!! He spent time getting to know my fiancé and I and our music taste/preferences. The planning session with him was a ton of fun and we really felt that he cared about our event. Fast forward to the day of and all I can say is WOW! We got so many compliments from our guests regarding Michael, our DJ. The venue even told us that they have never seen a wedding with so many people dancing and singing along. That is truly at testament to Michael's skills. Michael also made it possible for me to surprise my husband with a special song at the reception. He brought our vision to life, made us dance in the cloud (Dry ice). I would recommend Michael at Fun Squad DJs to everyone!
    Beck L. Married on 06/27/2021

Biggest day of our life

We were one of the many thousands of rescheduled weddings. I wasn't gonna let any pandemic take my big day away from me.
    What a special day we had. I found our venue and DJ on Wedding Wire and did not regret a thing. My first time ever looking at Wedding Wire but it works well. The music was just what we wanted and our family and friends had a great time. They actually used our wedding on the webpage. The choices were just at the right time.
    I do have to say that the communication was always on! I mean I would have a question and shoot over an email and within minutes no matter what time of day I got a reply. No business has ever had that commitment to service that I have ever dealt with at least. One other thing was that Michael mixed a bunch of songs I wanted together for my father and my dance. I never ever heard a no. This is the go to DJ in my book. Should anyone ask me I'll tell them Michael at Fun Squad DJs. Oh, make sure to get the photo booth as well. We have so many pictures from that. I wouldn't have changed a thing and if I was to do it again I would have the same great folks working for us.
  • Corinna
    Corinna P. Married on 04/19/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Event cancelled, but great customer service!

I hired this vendor for my wedding, which was originally scheduled for 04/19/2020 then rescheduled and ultimately cancelled due to Covid 19.
    I requested a refund and cancellation on 12/14/20 when it became clear that the wedding would still not be allowed under the emergency rules in place for Covid 19. After several delays due to issues out of Michael's control, Michael at Fun Squad DJs contacted me personally to arrange a full refund due to the strange and difficult circumstances we were facing with this wedding that still hasn't happened!
    Michael was truly great to work with and clearly cares about his clients and his business.
    If this wedding ever happens, or if we host another event in the area, I won't hesitate to call Fun Squad DJs.
  • Jojoe
    Jojoe N. Married on 02/08/2020

Not Only Fun, But Friendly DJs

We have nothing to say but only the best about Fun Squad DJs. From beginning to end, they helped us coordinate a great reception. The owner, Yvonne, always communicated with us promptly even late into the night with emails when we had questions about anything.

Our DJ, Michael, did a great job helping us with the timeline of the reception guiding us and giving us great advice. He also did a great job emceeing the event and was able to help adjust the timeline when an unforeseeable thing came up. He was really a nice guy too and super pleasant to work with.

We also had a photo booth that came with their service, which was cool. However, when Michael was bringing in the equipment into the loading dock at the Sentinel Hotel, their printer was stolen for the photo booth unfortunately (who does that?).

Although we weren't able to have photos printed that night, they went above and beyond and sent us the printed photos with a USB containing all the photos.

If you want great and friendly service at a great value for your wedding, hit up Fun Squad DJs.
    Ariel F. Married on 02/01/2020

Amazing all around

My husband and I hired Fun Squad DJ for our wedding and it was amazing. Everything we requested they helped us with and it was great our wedding planner bailed on us last second and they helped and stepped in where we needed the help and it was great they always made sure we knew what we wanted came first!
    Janet C. Married on 02/17/2018

Wonderful Service

The wedding was at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. The weather of the day was treacherous to say the least, and chains were required to get there! The ski lifts were closed due to blizzard conditions!

DJ time required for the event was flexible, even at the moment of the last dance the time was able to be extended.

The DJ arrived in plenty of time regardless of the hazardous conditions needed to get there! Well done and thank you.
    Janet Married on 09/17/2012

Wedding Organizer

Great service with flexible personalization. Timely setup.
    Karen V. Married on 01/04/2020
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful wedding

We used them for our wedding. We were very impressed with the music selection and the DJ.
  • Gabi
    Gabi G. Married on 10/09/2021
    2.2 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

My one wedding regret

My wedding was an absolutely magical day but my biggest regret was using Fun Squad DJs. There were a lot of red flags that I ignored because I wanted it to work out; typos on the website, lack of a digital system for song choices, misunderstandings in our email correspondence, etc.

At first, I was really happy with Michael. Our previous DJ had fallen through due to COVID and Michael was pleasant and happy to work with us despite the relatively short notice. And I suppose if I had used Fun Squad for ONLY the dancing portion of the night I would have been happy enough. Michael did do a good job keeping people on the dance floor! But that's not enough to make up for all the bad parts.

When Michael first showed up to the venue, both my step-father and father-in-law nearly threw him out because he honestly looked like he had just wandered in from the street. White T-shirt, shorts, slip on shoes. He looked like he had just rolled out of bed. At our semi-formal/cocktail event! I had at least assumed he would have worn black.

I provided him with a flash drive of our specific music and a very detailed document with the order of events. I thought I had been clear enough in my instructions for the processional, but I was wrong. All our songs were rushed through, leaving my bridal party panicked and officiant flustered. There was no pauses like I wanted, like a space for my officiant to tell our guests to put away their phones before I came down the aisle, ruining some of my wedding photos. I really got the feeling that Michael had little to no experience running sound for a ceremony and it definitely showed.

For dinner, we provided a specific playlist of songs that we wanted used. Michael started off playing something similar, but not what we asked for. I sent my mother over to talk to him and he played a few of the songs from our playlist and then switched back to his own choices. I just gave up on it since the music was still chill like we wanted, but it was irritating considering we were pretty clear in stating we wanted that specific playlist.

Our first dance and family dances went well, but it's not hard to press play.

As I stated before, if I had only used Fun Squad DJs for the dancing portion of my event it probably would have been fine. The first song played (one of our choices) was perfect and got everyone out on the floor. He kept people dancing and that was great. I did have several family members come tell me that they requested songs from him multiple times which he never played. Most of these family members were from Mexico/San Diego and told me they were requesting Mexican songs they wanted to dance to. We had told Michael ahead of time that we were okay with requests and he did play some of the songs my guests requested, but not these ones. I don't want to make any assumptions as to why, but it was frustrating to hear about and have my family be so disappointed. There is supposedly a system for guests to make requests online but I have no idea if anyone used it; I didn't see it advertised for any of the guests so I doubt anyone knew it was there. If it was my responsibility to tell them, I had plenty of other things to be doing on my wedding day.

I worked so so hard making sure every aspect of my wedding day was going to be perfect but Fun Squad DJs was definitely the weakest point. If I could go back, I'd probably just opt to have a friend run an iPod for us instead. I'm sure there's people out there that would have been perfectly happy with the work provided by Fun Squad, but I'm not one of them. I'd like to say you get what you pay for, but I don't even think we got that. Feels like a bit of a scam to advertise yourself as a high-end DJ service when we could have done so much better on our own.

Overall, I appreciate the few bits of good work that Michael did do, but I will not be recommending Fun Squad DJs to anyone.
  • Z
    Zachary S. Married on 10/08/2022
    1 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating

AWFUL. Rude. Cannot follow simple instructions. Sexist. DO NOT HIRE.

Michael missed a few music cues during our ceremony and started songs at the wrong places. I chalked it up to communication - I thought perhaps my own instructions in the ceremony script were unclear.
    Then we got to the first dance.
    He absolutely BLASTED us in the face with our song, at top volume. We stopped and stared at him. He didn't react to us at all for almost a solid minute, until we started gesturing to others and yelled at him to turn it down.
    I had curated a 2.5 hour playlist for the dancing part of the celebration that my partner linked Michael well in advance. All he had to do was press shuffle on Spotify. But he started blasting "Single Ladies" as soon as the toasts were finished. I intentionally left this song off my playlist because there was only 1 person at the entire reception who was single, and I think the song is demeaning to play at weddings. This was my first clue that he was not following our instructions.
    He continued playing other stereotypical "wedding" songs - ones that I did not approve and do not personally enjoy. I asked my husband to speak with the DJ about it.
    My husband went to ask him why he wasn't playing our playlist, and he said he "didn't get it." It was in his email inbox. One of my bridesmaids then CALMLY and POLITELY approached to ask him if he had gotten the playlist that I sent him. He immediately told her that she needed to "calm down" and "get away" and that she was "getting all up in his grill." I went and told him he needed to be more polite to my bridesmaids and he told me, "I wasn't rude! I'm sorry if she TOOK it that way." That is not an apology, and not how you speak to the bride OR guests at the wedding.
    At that point he had finally switched the music to my playlist, so I left it alone and tried to enjoy the rest of my evening. However, Michael's unprofessional demeanor and his inability to follow simple instructions left a sour taste in my mouth. I want to warn EVERYONE about this company. Don't waste your money. Hire actual professionals.
illustration stars