Full Moon Resort Reviews

Full Moon Resort 4
Full Moon Resort 5

Adam Jimenez-Schulman · Getting married on 11/02/2020

A mountain oasis

If you've found Full Moon, you can stop searching for other venues now! We were looking for a destination that was both magical and cozy for our wedding weekend and Full Moon was that and so much more. It was the first place that we visited (out of many), and from our first visit we were already envisioning how the entire weekend would go. Even though we had yet to see other options, we both seemed to feel that it was always going to be our choice. The setting is warm and welcoming and the staff are exceptionally service oriented and experienced in putting on beautiful affairs on the property (using the many different venues available). We liked the way that it was perfectly situated in the mountains - it was quiet and fostered an amazing connection and bond between all of the guests there (the lack of cell service is a PLUS), and all the while everything that needed to happen was taken care of behind the scenes by the attentive staff. The property provides such beautiful backdrops that your pictures are guaranteed to be absolutely stunning, regardless of what season. We were there in February, and even amidst a bit of drab and cold weather, it was picturesque and perfect.

Full Moon Resort 6
    Full Moon Resort 7
    Full Moon Resort 8
    Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Kim

Kim Keating · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Beautiful venue!

My fiancé and I visited this Full Moon Resort in August as a potential venue for our wedding. The staff was wonderful, food was excellent and the grounds were beautiful. There were many sleeping options (different cabins) but the majority of them require the a lot of the guests to be comfortable sharing space with one another which we weren’t that crazy about; we have a lot of friends who know one another but it got to the point we’re it would be more than just friend groups sharing the space.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Erik

Erik Lowe · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Perfect doesn't do it Justice!

Honestly...where do we begin. From beginning to end Full Moon Resort and their staff exceeded our expectations. Full Moon is simply magical...we got married there about 3 weeks ago and are still on cloud nine. Stephanie, Leigh Ann, Tia and everyone else at Full Moon are rock stars. Throughout the entire process they were incredibly helpful, supportive, and most importantly understanding. Planning a wedding is not an easy process, but Full Moon went above and beyond to make sure that on our wedding weekend we were stress free and able to enjoy the picture perfect views/setting. From the welcome BBQ to the day we left, the staff was unbelievable. Upon arriving on Friday, we could already smell the amazing BBQ that was being prepared for that night's festivities. All weekend the food was delicious...major Kudos to Chef Adam and the kitchen crew! We had a weekend that we will never forget, and more importantly our friends and family feel the same way. Our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding they've ever been to...we certainly agree.

Love,

Erik & Zandy Lowe

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Hecht · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing venue and staff

We could not be happier with our decision to get married at Full Moon. We had already been to see several other venues and as soon as we arrived at Full Moon we knew it was the one. The buildings and grounds are gorgeous and it has this wonderful, relaxed, warm vibe. (It didn't hurt that all the buildings are named for Grateful Dead songs and our family are all huge Deadheads!)

We cannot say enough good things about our event manager, Stephanie. She is quite possibly the only person I've ever met more organized than myself. She was so helpful through every stage of the process and incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of the venue and planning. She was always so quick to respond to our emails and helped us manage our very tight wedding day schedule with calm and ease. Thank you Stephanie!!

The food was also incredible and we had a great experience working with Chef Adam to create a custom cake with fall-themed flavors. The staff was super accommodating of all our guests' dietary needs, and flexible with the menu overall - I was especially appreciative of this as a vegetarian myself.

Due to the nature of the venue with on-site lodging, we had quite a bit more organizational work to do with the venue staff than a typical hotel, but everything Full Moon sent us was incredibly organized. The front desk staff was also very helpful and responsive throughout the whole year of planning.
    Thank you all so much - it was a magical wedding weekend!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Pat

Pat Reiser · Married on 11/02/2019

Excellence

All I can say is wow. My wife and I got married on a brisk November Saturday and we were concerned about a few things. As soon as we got there we started asking questions with Morgan, our assigned planner, like any overly nervous, overly overwhelmed wedding couple would do. Morgan and her staff at Full Moon made sure everything was in place, how we wanted it and then some. Whether it was getting into our reception pavilion early or even boxing up lunches for the bridal party for while they were getting ready, whatever we threw at them, they knocked out of the park. If we had one person come up, we had 40 people come up to us to say this was one of the best weddings we've been to. The food was absolutely spectacular, whether it was vegan, vegetarian, or gluten free meals, they all came out spot on. We are both very picky when it comes to food, but we left asking if we could make the 2 hours trip to pick up take out. If you're on the fence, please trust us, the setting, the lodging accommodations, the food, and the people are all well worth it. I wish we could do it all over again the same exact way, and if you don't take our word for it, go up and visit you'll thank us later.

P&L

Full Moon Resort 9
    Full Moon Resort 10
    Full Moon Resort 11
    Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Julianne

Julianne Cort · Married on 10/13/2019

Outstanding Fall Wedding Weekend!

My husband and I are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out with our wedding at Full Moon Resort!!

The entire process of working with them was so smooth and stress-free. When we met with Paul in sales way back in early 2018 we spent hours touring the property and talking through our ideas for the wedding, and after that meeting we just knew this place would be special. We really wanted a weekend getaway/destination wedding vibe (rather than just renting a venue for a night), and Full Moon was the perfect choice.

We cannot rave enough about the customer service, every single staff member was very responsive, professional and easy to talk to. Everything from negotiating our contract with the owner Michael to ironing out the finer details with Stephanie was so easy and streamlined.

Quick shoutout to Stephanie - she truly made our wedding everything we wanted, and she is excellent at what she does! As many weddings do we had a lot of last minute changes and details to sort out, and no matter how many times we emailed (or how many family members would call) she always got back to us right away and helped us solve any problems that arose.

We were also incredibly impressed with how organized and responsive both LeighAnn and Tia were with our guests' lodging/reservations! We had a full house, every single room taken and a lot of our guests called to try and make changes, and they handled all of the reservations perfectly. It was a lot of fun building our own community there for the weekend, and it was a weight off of our shoulders not having to worry about minute details of each room for our guests.

Everyone who was on site on our wedding weekend (Oct 13-15th) was fantastic - the food was AMAZING (chef Adam is the BEST), the wait staff was awesome (and they really made me and my husband feel like celebrities), and other venue staff went above and beyond to accommodate everyone (including my elderly 90+ year old grandparents, they always had a golf cart ready to take them around!)

One more note - I love how they try to be as sustainable as possible, any leftover food was either taken by us, staff or donated to a local shelter, so nothing went to waste.

10 out of 10 would recommend, 1000000000% !!!

Full Moon Resort 12
    Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Alaina

Alaina Crystal · Married on 09/02/2019

Have your wedding here!

We got married at Full Moon Resort over Labor Day weekend and it was truly the most magical weekend of our lives. FM is absolutely gorgeous, and you'll save money on flowers because the resort's setting is so naturally beautiful. The weekend itself is so special because every guest can stay onsite, so you really feel like you get to spend time with everyone and not feel rushed. Our guests also said that they appreciated the slower pace of the weekend and it felt like a mini-vacation for them, with really comfortable rooms and delicious (I mean it!) food.

From start to finish over the 15 months of planning, FM were the most helpful people possible - Stephanie, the lead coordinator, responds so quickly to email and has great answers to any question, no matter how random, as she has produced so many weddings. The vendor recommendations that she provides are also really helpful because she's worked with nearly everyone in the Hudson Valley / Catskills area, so she knows where to direct you. LeighAnn and Tia from the room reservation team also ensure that what could be quite a fraught process (choosing rooms for all of your guests!) is super easy.

We've been back home and married for a month and the only thing we wish is that we could do it all over again.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Meghan · Married on 07/14/2019

Magic is alive at Full Moon!

My husband and I are so happy we chose Full Moon as our wedding venue! Everything about it was amazing. We were so impressed by how quickly and efficiently the staff communicated and helped us problem-solve during the planning process. Stephanie was our event manager, and she thought of EVERYTHING.
    The venue itself is surrounded by mountains and woods, and it is simply gorgeous. We were also very satisfied with the accommodations, which were eclectic, comfortable, and beautiful. One reason we chose Full Moon was that the lodging was plentiful, and there really was something for everyone. Some of our guests camped in their own tents, some had private cottages, and everyone had a unique experience.
    The reception pavilion is beautiful and spacious. We opted for a Tapas service rather than a sit-down meal so that our guests could continue to mingle as they ate. Everyone was raving about the food. Chef Adam was a pleasure to work with.
    We had our "after party" in the Roadhouse just across the street from the pavilion, and we set up DIY karaoke, which was a big hit.
    It was awesome to have the entire venue to ourselves--we felt safe knowing that everyone staying there were our friends and family.
    We were so sad to leave Full Moon, but we will treasure the memories we made there forever. After looking at many other wedding venues, we felt strongly that Full Moon was a perfect fit for us--a gorgeous setting, on-site catering, lodging for everyone, and a friendly staff. A perfect place to celebrate love!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Bob D'agostino · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing venue!

My wife and I got married at Full Moon in June 2019 and we are so happy with our choice of venue! We only visited one other venue because when we got to Full Moon, we knew very quickly that it was the right place for us.

Throughout the whole planning process, my wife and I were extremely impressed with the staff at Full Moon. Everyone we worked with was courteous, professional and knowledgeable. Anytime we emailed with a question or concern, we received a prompt response, often times within minutes! We had to make some changes with our guest list, room and table assignments even in the last few days before the wedding but Stephanie helped us with everything. She is truly amazing and I don’t know how she keeps track of everything!

A great thing about getting married at Full Moon is that your guests can stay on site in a variety of lodges, cabins and even yurts! Assigning accomodations for your guests is the trickiest part of getting married here but LeighAnn was a great resource and getting to tour the different accommodations during our tasting day was helpful as well. Many of the accommodations have been renovated in the last couple of years. My wife and I liked our room so much we wished we could have stayed an extra night just to enjoy it some more.

As for the wedding day itself, everything went incredibly smoothly. The housekeeping staff made sure to prioritize the rooms where the bridesmaids and groomsmen would be getting ready and the front desk staff was warm and welcoming. We were able to utilize many of the spaces at Full Moon for our wedding: Lower Grove for the ceremony, front lawn for the cocktail hour, Pavilion for the reception, Roadhouse for the after party and barn for breakfast the next morning. All of the spaces are charming and beautiful!

As for food, our guests were very happy with the offerings. I didn’t get a chance to eat very much at cocktail hour but I heard good things. The entrees at the reception were outstanding and our guests enjoyed the pies, ice cream and cookies for dessert in place of a traditional wedding cake. At the after party we had pizza and pretzels which were a big hit. The staff even set up a campfire for us outside of the roadhouse so guests could make s’mores. The breakfast buffet the next morning was great as well and our vegan guests were happy with the offerings throughout the weekend as well.

I can’t say enough about the hospitality and professionalism of the staff at Full Moon. There were so many nice little touches like a gift basket in our room and to-go meals in the fridge of our room just in case we didn’t get a chance to eat enough during the night. The waitstaff and bartenders were all wonderful and the housekeeping staff did a great job too!

Overall, we are very pleased with our choice of Full Moon for our wedding. We loved having a “destination wedding” that was still within a reasonable drive of NYC. Having our guests stay on site and come to breakfast the next morning was so nice. I’ve been to other weddings where you have to take a shuttle bus to the afterparty or have guests stay at a bunch of unmemorable hotels and this experience was so much better. It’s a little bit more work upfront than other wedding venues, mostly because you have to figure out where to place your guests but it’s worth it.

If you want to have a wedding in a beautiful location that is connected to nature, this is the place for you! Our guests even got to see two bears (from a safe distance!) at breakfast the morning after our wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Sabrina Smith · Married on 06/29/2019

Magical Wedding Weekend at Full Moon Resort

I don’t even know where to begin about how marvelous a day my wedding weekend was thanks to Full Moon’s staff and energy! It’s true what they say when they say that your wedding is over in the blink of an eye but thanks to Full Moon’s awesomeness I was able to enjoy and be present for the whole weekend! I felt like I was taken care of, Stephanie who was my event coordinator at Full Moon was phenomenal! She has such a grasp on time management, listening to her bride, and thinking 10 steps ahead! She’s sweet, kind, and super good at her job! From the moment I went to Full Moon and stepped foot on the grounds I knew this place had a special magical touch. The scenery alone is awe inspiring. From hummingbirds darting around, to enchanted butterflies following my guests like little angels, the whole property came alive in celebration! My guests could not get over how simple yet stunning everything was from the Barn, to the tent where we held the ceremony, to the Moon Pavilion where we partied and then ultimately to the Roadhouse where we partied even more! None of us wanted to leave, we just wanted to bask in the peace and serenity that Full Moon offers. Yes, they “produce" weddings, BUT when you are there, on your wedding day, it is not a procedure but the creation of a memory, an imprint in time. The food was spectacular! All my guests had gone out of their way to make it a point of how much they were enjoying the food and how refreshing it was to not only come to a wedding, but a destination wedding where the meals…ALL THE MEALS…were 5 star status! All my husband and I wanted was a place to gather family and friends, to be comfortable, drink beer, dance, and spend time in the presence of loved ones; and that is exactly what we did from Friday-Sunday! The booking staff at Full Moon did a wonderful job addressing guests questions as well as handling any issues with rooms. The cleaning staff was very polite, even though we didn’t really see them because they are like ninjas at their job and while we were wrapped up in drinking by the pool or wandering around they were on top of keeping the place spotless! The servers were also great! We will be forever grateful to Full Moon for hosting our beautiful wedding, a weekend we and our guests will never forget!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Bride · Married on 06/15/2019

Outstanding - recommended without reservation.

Full Moon is a beautiful venue/catering/lodging combination run by an absolutely top-notch team.

THE SPACE. Full Moon's setting is beautiful - full of trees and green and mountains, with a creek running through it. The wedding event venues are great - the newly built Pavilion is the single best reception hall that we saw in our research; the Barn is a charming older building which would serve well for smaller weddings or for the rehearsal dinner or after-wedding breakfast; the Roadhouse is great for an after-party following the reception. The grounds include about 60 rooms for on-site lodging; the newly renovated rooms are truly high end, while the older rooms are still quite nice (although more rustic/vintage).

THE TEAM. Paul Magaril gave us a great introduction to the grounds. Michael Densmore, one of the owners, is extremely fair, a straight shooter, and a pleasure to work with to sort out contractual matters. LeighAnn Trent was super helpful in taking care of our on-site guests. Chef Adam Kowalsky cooked up delicious meals (and handled our all-vegetarian menu with ease). Last but not least, Operations Manager Melanie Warner was awesome. Melanie ran the show the entire weekend, and had every detail 100% under control.

TURNKEY. The awesome thing about Full Moon is that you get to have many or all of your guests stay on-site, and Full Moon provides catering in-house, so it's one big combo turnkey package which lets you focus on customizing the details that actually matter to you.

If your vision is to have a wedding in nature, and you find appealing the idea of having everything taken care of under one roof (lodging, catering, venue) then you absolutely must book Full Moon Resort.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Weinert · Married on 06/09/2019

June Wedding at Full Moon

If you’re considering FMR for your wedding venue, you should 100% book with them! They are phenomenal and I can’t imagine having had ours anywhere else. We got married in June and planned everything in a short 6 months (crazy I know!)! But the staff and coordinators there helped us through and literally made sure every little detail was accounted for.

Our wedding was on a Sunday, so the resort took care of all the set up of our decorations and everything was perfect! Melanie was our event coordinator and she made us feel calm and confident from the very start. We’re still in cloud 9 and so amazed that we had such a perfect wedding day. They truly do everything so the bride and groom can just enjoy their day, the way it should be!

We would choose full moon resort over and over without a doubt!

Full Moon Resort 21
    Full Moon Resort 22
    Full Moon Resort 23
    Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Kendall

kendall deflin · Married on 06/07/2019

dream wedding

I got married at Full Moon Resort in spring 2019 after attending seven years of Music Masters Camps at the venue. From spending so much time there, I fell in love and knew it had to be my wedding location. Bringing all my friends and family there was the biggest gift I could have ever given. The energy, the people, the nature, the food, the vibe--everything becomes a haze of love.

The staff at Full Moon Resort is really willing to bring your vision to life however they possibly can. The event managers will help you through the entire process, and you (or a wedding planner) deal with booking third party vendors (flowers, music, etc). Your event manager will take care of everything the day/weekend of the actual wedding so you don’t have to worry.

Anyone who is able to fill the place with their favorite people is extremely lucky to have that experience. It's truly magical!

Full Moon Resort 24
    Sent on 07/12/2019
  • David

David Massa · Married on 04/28/2019

The best venue!

The Full Moon Resort was everything we could have hoped for and more for our April wedding! From the very beginning the staff was incredible. When we visited the venue we didn't plan accordingly and wound up stranded at the local post office. Paul, one of the staff, came and picked us up without hesitation. The tour that followed was incredible and we knew from that moment on this was our place.

The resort has you come up a few months prior to the wedding to try out your menu selections and confirm what you want. This should kind of tell you that the food is on point. The chef is great. With food we were concerned about catering to people with dietary issues because some of our guests could not have gluten, dairy, meat, etc. They have really excellent options for every kind of food allergy/intolerance and the options are actually good. They also leave an extra meal in your room in case you are too busy talking to people during your reception. This is a godsend.

We had our reception in the barn which was fantastic. The layout really encourages circulation among the guests which is exactly what we wanted. The amenities were great as well. We did an after party in the roadhouse with a bonfire outside. It was everything we wanted.

The rooms are really lovely. We stayed in Dancing Bear Cottage which was both beautiful and comfortable. My father kept commenting that his room looked like he had stepped into a copy of architectural digest.

Every single member of the team wound up going above and beyond what we expected and they were more than happy to do so. All of our guests told us how amazing the venue was and how welcoming and conscientious the staff was. Melanie was our planner and she made sure everything was exactly as it should be on the day of. We knew everything would be taken care of and were actually relaxed for our entire wedding!

If you are looking for a venue away from a city with scenic views this is definitely the place. I am going to bully every engaged couple I know to get married there because I want to go back.

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Erica

Erica L Smith · Married on 02/17/2019

Couln't have happened at any other venue...Honestly Amazing

If you are even slightly on a limb about a venue, stop right now. Full Moon Resort is the only place I would ever recommend. Not only are the grounds beautiful, with ponds, luxury cabins, and absolutely gorgeous event spaces for ceremonies and receptions, but the people who work there make your wedding more than you could ever hope for. From the owners, Paul and Michael, to the chef Adam West and his team, to the grounds crew, front desk staff, catering ladies...nothing but smiles, laughs, and helpful past their pay I am sure! But, all in all, my wedding would never have happened without our Coordinator, Melanie. Our story was my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I moved the wedding up to two months from out engagement in hopes he could be there to walk me down the aisle. In two months, Melanie helped me plan the wedding of my dreams. On the day of, she was there with me ever moment, asking me questions and making sure everything was just as I wanted it. When I didn't have an answer, she gave me several options and often I just asked her to do what she thought was best. Then, because everyone was busy with my dad, she actually helped me get dressed. She even put on my pearls. At the ceremony, she made sure my dad got to go down the aisle with me no matter what. At the reception, she had a special plate of food made for him because he asked for it and getting him to eat is hard. Most amazingly, at one point I looked over and she was feeding my dad...she didn't have to do that, but she did it so I could have the best wedding possible. In my eyes, Melanie is now a part of our family and I will forever sing her praises, and praises for Full Moon. My friends and family said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to, all planned in just two months. Not to jump backwards, but the FOOD....sweet Lord I never ate so much! And it was AMAZING! Best food I had ever eaten. Period. The chef Adam worked right along with us for food choices and even helped my vision of an afternoon tea happen with delicious scones and finger sandwiches. He helped me design the perfect cake and it was incredible. If you and your hunny are foodies like us, there is no other venue to match the food at FM. I wouldn't have done my wedding any other way, even if I had the chance. It was truly one of the best weekends of my life and I owe it to Full Moon!

Full Moon Resort 25
    Full Moon Resort 26
    Full Moon Resort 27
    Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Revette · Married on 02/09/2019

February 2019 ;Best Weekend

My husband and I got married at FMR on February 9th,2019. When we were searching for wedding venues, I think I read every single review for FMR so I want to make this at detailed as possible!

From our first phone call with Paul in October , we knew we really wanted to get married at Full Moon. We had a budget because we had other priorities in life ( like the fixer upper house we just bought), so Paul threw the idea out there of getting married in February ( 4 months later) on one of their winter discounted weekends. At first, we said “no way”. Then we arrived at Full Moon for our tour and realized we could have the amazing weekend long wedding we wanted at the gorgeous Full Moon IN OUR BUDGET and we went all in!

Given our time frame, everything happened pretty quickly and was a breeze. Our coordinator was Stephanie and she could not have been more perfect. She made everything simple and always answered our questions quickly, especially as it got closer to our date! From the moment we arrived at Full Moon for our wedding, Stephanie was on top of everything. It eased my mind so much on the day of the wedding knowing Stephanie had everything under control!

Given the short time frame, we were not able to squeeze in any time to see the guest rooms other than some photos, prior to assigning our guests their rooms for the weekend. My husband and I said, if we could get through the process of assigning everyone their rooms/cottages, we could basically get through anything. It was way more of a PITA than a seating chart and we must have thrown out about 5 drafts before we figured it out. However, it ended up working out great and everyone was happy with their rooms and we were happy that we were able to place the guests ourselves. That being said, LeighAnn and Ashley were so helpful throughout that entire process and even the week of the wedding, there were some cottages still under construction. LeighAnn came up with a Plan B that was Awesome and everyone ended up very happy! During check-in, there was an awesome table of assorted veggies, dips and chips and LeighAnn made the check-in process super simple for everyone, no complaints at all!!

Other than the rooms, the other minor anxiety I had was about the food. My family/friends are used to NJ ballroom-type weddings where the cocktail hour has 1 million stations. They are also all Italian, know good food, and eat a lot. We brought my parents to the tasting and CHEF ADAM WAS AMAZING!!!! My parents were both relieved and amazed at how delicious all the food was and how much food each plate had on it. Chef and Stephanie both worked with us to create the weekend menu that we wanted. I am gluten free and wanted to make as much stuff GF as possible, but without our guests knowing that things were GF. Chef knew exactly what he could make entirely GF and what he would have to make a separate GF option for. It was SO relieving to be able to eat all of the delicious meals at our wedding! EVEN THE MAC AND CHEESE AT THE BBQ ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!! We also had numerous guests with food allergies and there was not a single issue with accommodating everyone. The food on the weekend of the wedding was perfect, we had so many people coming up to us at breakfast on Sunday to let us know and we are still having guests tell us how delicious everything was. I honestly can not rave enough about how great the food is. I was skeptical even when I was reading reviews, but WOW..just WOW. From the welcome snacks on Friday afternoon to the breakfast on Sunday morning...absolutely delicious.

A lot of our guests also commented on how generous the bartenders were with their pours. Drinks were great, as well.

Every single one of their event spaces is awesome and we used all of them! Our ceremony was in the Barn, cocktail hour in the Valley View, Reception in the Pavilion and after party in the Roadhouse. The second we walked into the Pavilion we were excited, pictures don't do it justice. It was so very well designed and constructed, all of our guests were in love with it! Oh and THE ROADHOUSE is a GEM!! Its such a cool and different space, especially for an after party and we used it for yoga the morning of the wedding too!!

We were able to fit the majority of our guests on site, which was exactly what we wanted: Everyone together for the whole weekend. We also didn't want a typical “hotel” and FMR checked off every box on our list. We had family and friends coming from all across the States and were so grateful to be able to spend as much time with them as we did. The guests we couldnt fit, stayed at the Alpine Inn and the Emerson, we had a school bus shuttle for them. They were all happy with their stays as well.

In the end, my husband and I could not have imagined a more amazing wedding weekend!! It was exactly what we wanted and more. Every single one of Full Moon’s staff members were delightful to work with, even the ones behind the scenes that kept everything flowing. Our guests were texting/emailing us after the wedding and are still saying what an awesome weekend they all had and we could not have been happier. We were able to have SO MUCH fun at our own wedding because we had nothing to worry about. The grounds are gorgeous, even on a February day. We would not have changed a single thing. They even had a welcome basket waiting for my husband and I in our cottage when we arrived. Their hospitality is amazing, like saving dinners for guests that arrived late to the BBQ and packing up breakfasts for all of the ladies that were getting ready with me on Saturday morning.

Get married at Full Moon, it was the best weekend of our lives!!!! What a way to start a new chapter :) :)

Full Moon Resort 28
    Full Moon Resort 29
    Full Moon Resort 30
    Full Moon Resort 31
    Full Moon Resort 32
    Sent on 03/22/2019

Camille · Married on 08/25/2018

Perfect Catskills Wedding

I want to start this review with most of our guests told us our wedding was the best wedding they ever went to. I know, I know--everyone says that. But so many of their compliments were about the Full Moon Resort. Everyone raved at how beautiful the venue was and said that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. They loved the three day format that the FMR put together--from the BBQ to the Sunday brunch. And frankly, we loved it too.

Our wedding at the FMR blew our expectations out of the water. During the weekend everything went so smoothly and this was largely due to the incredible Melanie. All weekend she was two steps ahead, making sure that everything was in place and that we had everything we needed at each step. She kept us so calm and grounded throughout the wedding. Immediately after the ceremony, we asked to have a moment for ourselves in the pool room and she somehow remembered our favorite drinks (from the tasting we did a year ago?!) and had them and some appetizers waiting for us. Melanie is thoughtful, organized, and most of so so kind. She was there to walk us thought the planning process at every step of the way and made the planning process easy.

Now, Adam, the chef--is just SO good at what he does. All of the food we had, from breakfast to the actual wedding dinner was incredible. One thing we loved about him is that he was always willing to do things differently. We wanted cake pops that looked like anime characters--poof he made them. We wanted lamb as a second entree at our BBQ--he made it happen--and WELL. He was an integral piece in making our wedding weekend so special and delicious.

A big shoutout to the rest of the FMR team. LeighAnn and Ashley did an incredible job at making sure everyone reserved their accommodations and fielded any questions from our guests. The FMR Bar Manager made picking our drinks easy and seamless. And the rest of the FMR staff made our guests feel right at home.

We are so happy we had our wedding at the FMR and couldn't recommend it enough.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Kathryn · Married on 05/12/2018

Full Moon Resort was our dream wedding location! We hosted an entire weekend event on site, beginning with a BBQ and Bonfire Friday evening, yoga and lawn games Saturday afternoon, followed by the wedding ceremony, reception and a Sunday morning brunch. It was more than we could have ever dreamed. Having everyone together for the whole weekend made it truly special, people were able to relax and let loose, and it gave us the opportunity to spend time with all 200 guests even though the reception went by in the blink of an eye. There's no place else like it where you can have all of these amenities and have over 100 guests sleep on site. The remainder of our guests stayed down the block at Alpine Inn and Slide Mountain Forest House, both were very charming and accommodating. The entire Full Moon staff is incredible. They treated us like family. Melanie was an amazing wedding planner and LeighAnn & Ashley made room accommodations for my guests painless with their quick responses. Melanie made the weekend so simple for us, walked us through every step, rehearsal, made sure we were always fed, and even bustled my dress at the reception with safety pins (her idea!) so that I could dance more comfortably. The food was incredible, the bartenders were outstanding. Everyone that worked at Full Moon went above and beyond. All of my guests claimed to have the best time ever, many stating it was the best wedding they ever went to. The planning was extensive, but they truly make sure to think of every detail and get things done early so that its not a last minute scramble. The new pavilion is unbelievably gorgeous. Even though it rained on our wedding day, the staff was able to set up the ceremony tent with open sides on the creek so we still got the outdoor feel we always imagined. Even our weather plan B's seemed like they were plan A's. I could really go on forever raving about Full Moon. Thank you Full Moon for your outstanding service and for making our dreams come true.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/21/2018

Our wedding weekend at Full Moon was amazing! It's truly a full-service venue! There was so much that we didn't have to worry about because we knew it was being taken care of. The best part was having the option for our guests to stay on site for the entire weekend. So many people took advantage of this. Stephanie, our planner, ensured that everything ran smoothly and kept in contact with us throughout the entire planning process. The food was amazing, as well as the variety of lodging and venues for all of our wedding-related activities! Highly recommend Full Moon for any wedding, especially with the completion of the new Pavilion. It looked amazing and I'm so glad we took a chance and booked our wedding here! (When we booked the wedding, the Pavilion was not started and was not guaranteed to be completed by our wedding date).

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rachel · Married on 03/31/2018

I hope all the happiness that everyone on staff at Full Moon Resort gave to my family, friends, husband and myself comes back to each of them 100 times over. Every single person I met during the planning and accomplishment of this wedding was completely lovely. From my initial consultation with Paul, who showed us the entire property and patiently explained every detail of the weekend to us, to our final wrap-up with Stephanie, everyone was wonderful to us. Especially Consuela. EVERYONE at our wedding kept telling us that Consuela and her colleagues were taking such great care of them. And that truly is what makes Full Moon special. Yes, the food is at an unparalleled level of culinary genius. (And the maple syrup is tapped onsite!) Yes, the setting is beautiful. Yes, they know what they are doing, and they do it well. But most importantly, everyone at Full Moon worked tirelessly to take care of all the people I love most in the world as if they were their own loved ones. To-go boxes were made for guests who arrived late to dinner on Friday without me even asking (or thinking to ask, honestly). They brought all our ceremony decorations back to the main house for us and arranged everything from the reception space together for us to easily pack and take home. When we got back to our room, there was a welcome gift and two wedding dinners in case we had been too busy to eat them during the reception. If planning/having a wedding could ever be considered easy, Full Moon made it easy for us. Stephanie was a life-saver in this regard. She was completely perfect. Patient and thoughtful, exactly the right blend of structure and kindness. We are so grateful to her. Our friends and family loved having to opportunity to spend the weekend together enjoying great food in a gorgeous setting, and we loved being able to share that with them. Thank you, Full Moon, for giving us a perfect start to our marriage and such wonderful memories to cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 03/26/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 02/16/2018

We had our wedding at FMR Feb 17th 2018 and we have not ONE negative thing to say about our experience! Venue was beautiful! Staff was professional, curtious and catered to our every need. Food.... AAAAMAAAZING. Seriously from the BBQ, to breakfast, to the wedding reception dinner it was all delicious. You can taste the freshness and passion that goes into each meal. More importantly our guests raved about the wedding and the resort. The rooms were clean and cozy. We stayed at the new accommodation called dancing bear and we LOVED it. We highly HIGHLY recommend this venue to everyone.

Sent on 03/03/2018
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 11/25/2017

"Mountain Fancy" Dream Wedding

Full Moon Resort gave us a dream wedding we didn't even know was possible! They perfectly combine a rustic, natural setting with the service and details you'd find at a fancy, luxury venue. Every detail is given attention, and they leave nothing for last minute or up to chance. They are extremely professional with excellent customer service for you and your guests. The venue is is so beautiful as is, or you can add details and customize to your liking. There are various choices for settings for events available, but the entire place is reserved for you and your guests the entire weekend regardless of how you choose to use the spaces. The food at each and every meal is carefully prepared and delicious. My guests still talk about it a year later. This is not your normal wedding venue. They provide more than you can imagine, and delivered the absolute perfect day! Do whatever it takes to have your wedding here. You will not regret it

Sent on 11/19/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2017

We only toured one venue and immediately knew it was the one! The staff at Full Moon are without parallel. Paul, Stephanie and LeighAnn all helped us plan, and were excellent communicators. Stephanie was AMAZING day-of, and kept us calm and organized. The grounds are absolutely stunning - it's a magical, enchanting place, and would be special even without an outstanding staff. Luckily, there's no need to compromise here. Thank you, Full Moon, for making our wedding day the stuff of dreams!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Emily · Married on 09/24/2017

My husband and I had our wedding there in late September and I have to say we couldn't be happier. Aside from the magical and beautiful surroundings of the venue everything was perfect. Stephanie helped us plan the wedding the whole way through and made it so the big day went smoothly and the stress was very minimal. She even brought a tray of hors d'oeurves and drinks from out cocktail hour while we took our pictures. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind. The food was excellent too! All of our guests used words like perfect, magical, enchanting and beautiful. I heard from many people it was the most fun wedding they had been to in while. I will say picking the rooms for all of our guests was a little stressful, but LeighAnn was such a great help is sorting that out with us. The new cabins are also amazing with stunning views. Would highly recommend this venue. Oh and there are so many places to takes pictures. Our Photographer was in love with the grounds.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Joanne · Married on 07/22/2017

Wonderful weekend in the country!

Sent on 08/12/2017