Fruitlands Museum Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Beth Married on 07/31/2021

"The best wedding I ever attended!"

Our guests were delighted with the beauty of the setting, the excellence of the food, and the elegance and efficiency of the service. As parents of the bride, we were grateful for the guidance and assistance we received. Even though the wedding had to be delayed a year, everything went smoothly. Several elderly guests declared it "the best wedding I ever attended."
    Marielle G. Married on 10/11/2020

Best Decision

Our original wedding venue shut down due to COVID-19.  With less than 6 weeks before our wedding date, we booked a micro wedding with Fruitlands.  From that moment on, everything seemed possible.  The venue is truly gorgeous with incredible foliage in the fall, stunning elevated views (you can see Mount Monadnock in the distance), epic sunset and a beautiful tent complete with elegant lighting.  We got stunning wedding photos and our guests also loved getting amazing photos with the foliage and the incredible sunset too.  Tim and the staff at Fireside catering were fantastic, they did a really great job of ensuring the safety of our micro wedding.  We were nervous about having a wedding during the pandemic, but us and our guests felt very safe and comfortable with everything the staff did to ensure everyone's safety.  Tim was super helpful with all the planning leading up to the wedding and on the day of went above and beyond to make our wedding run smoothly.  We loved everything about our wedding and had the best experience at Fruitlands.
    Caroline C. Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect place

I loved getting married here! Tim made everything so easy and comfortable that i was so calm the day of my wedding - and leading up to it. The staff was AMAZING, we had one woman who catered to our every needs bringing us drinks, making sure we got all our appetizers at cocktail hour, and even brought my husband extra bacon and pork belly croutons just because we mentioned how delicious it was and how much he likes bacon. I do not remember her name but i hope she knows that she was amazing. Our craft cocktails were a hit - everyone kept talking about how awesome they were even though i just sent ingredients to Tim, they really nailed it. You can hear Devens in the background a little (gun shots) but it did not bother us one bit! The view is amazing and i just can't say enough wonderful things about Fruitlands.
    Shelby Married on 10/18/2019

Fruitlands is amazing!

We loved everything about this venue, from the amazing views to the excellent staff. We were very fortunate to have Tim who was amazing throughout the whole process and helped us so much through the very beginning up until the wedding day. Tim and his team were very accommodating to all of our needs. I can truly say my wedding day was the best day of my life and I am so grateful I chose the Fruitlands!
    Kendra Married on 10/11/2019

Spectacular!

This venue was amazing for the view, the rain plan (which we ended up using!), the food, and the service. Could not recommend more!
    Laurel Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful venue, incredible experience

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Fruitlands. The location is gorgeous and the staff go above and beyond to make everything just right. Tim is incredible- so organized, responsive, flexible, and fun to work with. He made us feel calm! And the Fireside team was great- the food was delicious. More than one guest explicitly told us that they couldn't believe that all of the steaks were cooked so well and all came out at the same time!
    Every detail was attended to and we had a wedding that felt totally “us.” We can’t recommend getting married at Fruitlands more highly.
  • McCall
    Mccall Married on 06/01/2019

Natural charm

The coordinator has been lovely to work with. I feel heard and I'm excited for my vision to come to life!
  • Marina
    Marina Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful venue with great staff

We had a beautiful wedding at Fruitlands. A few highlights...
    - The location is beautiful - no holds barred. We got lucky and had perfect weather, but also felt that the rain option was significantly better than other outside venues (if it rains, you are under the tent but still have a beautiful view of the valley).
    - Tim was great to work with leading up to the venue, super responsive and no detail was too small to follow up on. It made the planning process really pleasant and ensured the day itself went off without a hitch.
    - The food was great! All of our guests commented on how good it was, which is an accomplishment since we all know wedding food is not always amazing.
    - A lot of nice little touches - the bridal attendant was wonderful and such a nice idea. None of our vendors had any issues setting up (that we know of!) I really loved the inside rooms where the gifts/photos were set up, the dessert was set up, and the side room we used for the ketubah.

In summary - a beautiful venue that has the right balance of professional support and structure but still allows you creativity to make it your day. Highly recommend!
    Megan C. Married on 01/09/2019

Amazing - highly recommend

We got married at Fruitlands Museum on Sunday of Labor Day weekend this year and could not be happier with the venue!

We worked with Tim Holmes and he was so incredibly receptive and responsive to us throughout the whole process - answering emails promptly, taking time to sit down with us in person to review the day, and being flexible with last minute guest / seat changes for our wedding! He was so wonderful to work with, reliable and professional.

The food (Fireside Catering) was absolutely delicious! I may be biased, but it was by far the best food I've had at a wedding, and we got a lot of compliments from our guests as well.

The venue itself was absolutely exceptional! The views were stunning, and the staff was so helpful throughout the night. They made a point to make sure that my husband and I got a separate plate of appetizers (which we were otherwise too busy with photographs & socializing to get any during the cocktail hour) and packaged up desserts for us to go! (we also missed those - too busy having a blast on the dance floor).

We HIGHLY recommend Fruitlands to anyone who is looking to get married in the area, we had the best experience and are so grateful that the whole staff there made it so wonderful for us.
    Carly Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful setting, amazing food, and phenomenal people!

My husband and I wanted an outdoor fall wedding and Fruitlands was the perfect setting in the foliage! Tim was awesome to work with and made sure our wedding was as we wanted it, answering all our questions and being thorough with everything. Never had any doubts the wedding would not be as amazing as it was and we cannot thank the staff enough for giving us such a beautiful day! Plus, we were able to have our dog there with us and that just made it even more perfect! Our guests absolutely loved it!
    Rebecca Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely perfect!

My husband and I got married at the Fruitlands Museum in October 2018, and there is nothing I would change about it. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, with a view of Nashoba Valley made even prettier by all of the fall colors. The tent where the reception was held was beautiful, with chandeliers and string lights. Tim, the coordinator, is amazing, and he made the planning process insanely easy. He is very organized, and was consistently in touch with us throughout the process. The other staff on the day-of were also great, and a server brought us hors d'eouvres and drinks after the ceremony while we were taking advantage of the perfect sunset for pictures. The food is delicious (several people told me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding) and there are so many options to choose from so you can really customize your day based on your budget. Speaking of budget, you get a lot of value for your money. The ceremony took place outside facing the valley with the reception under the tent. Given that we were having a mid-October wedding we were unsure of what the weather would be like, and we loved how adaptable the tent was. Do yourself a favor and email Tim now!
    Courtney P. Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely Perfect

My husband and I were married at the Fruitlands Museum in October and we cannot say enough good things about our experience. From the very beginning of our planning process, we knew that we were in good hands with Tim. We were a little overwhelmed with planning a wedding in under 6 months, but the Tim made it easy. Although they did not push them on us, we ended up using several of their suggested vendors and were very happy. On the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff. the scenery, the food, and and venue were absolutely incredible. We know that the Fruitlands has lots of weddings, but they made us feel like ours really was special. Our guests all raved about the food and service. Several people told me that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I cannot recommend the Fruitlands highly enough.
    Adam C. Married on 09/21/2018

Best venue ever for the best day ever!

You cannot go wrong with the gorgeous setting and impeccably maintained grounds at Fruitlands. The view is a show stopper and the sunsets do not disappoint. The staff is professional and light-hearted from initial planning up through the end of the big event. The planning was low stress and the staff really worked to bring our vision to life. Tim is fantastic! He provided a real time proposal and quote with every change in menu or guest count. He was always a quick email away and diligently answered all our questions with an incredibly rapid turn around. The day of the event was perfectly curated. We still have guests talking about the unreal caliber of food, drink, and amazing scenery.
    The personal server was by our side all night keeping us well fed, and offering a fresh beverage as needed.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing and stress-free experience

I cannot thank Tim and his team enough for making our wedding day absolutely perfect. Tim was so helpful in responsive through the planning process and his team executed a flawless night. I was not stressed about a thing during planning and the night of because they took care of every little detail and I just got to enjoy myself and focus on the fun stuff! The food was amazing, everyone raved that it's the best food they've ever had at a wedding. And the setting was gorgeous, it is such a beautiful spot with amazing views for photos. Could not have been happier with our decision to get married here!
    Margaret Married on 08/18/2018

Fruitlands Museum is a very special venue :)

Fruitlands museum is the best place to have your wedding! We fell in love with this venue from the moment we set foot on the property. The setting is absolutely breathtaking. The indoor space and outdoor space are equally as beautiful. We ended up having our wedding under the tent due to rain, and it went off without a hitch! The guests had no idea it was supposed to be outside. The food is outstanding as well as the service, and our guests are still talking about the Lobster rolls. Tim and his staff's attention to detail made me feel at ease on my wedding day. He is wonderful to work with and responsive and accommodating down to every last detail. I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding day at Fruitlands! Fruitlands is truly a special place :)
    Halley Married on 08/03/2018
    This was the first and only venue my husband and I checked out. I could not be happier with our choice. The venue is beautiful, the staff was amazing, and the food was delicious! Tim was so easy to work with and he made the process so much less stressful- I would've been lost without him! The staff the day of was so great and attentive. We could not have asked for a more perfect day, thanks to the Fruitland's Museum and all of their staff!
    Emma Married on 07/27/2018
    The Fruitlands Museum is a beautiful venue that is unlike any other in the area. Our guests were amazed by the beautiful setting we had for our July wedding. Upon our first visit, Tim was well organized, helped answer all of our questions and we knew we would feel at ease with Tim and his team taking care of us that day. We were assigned designated wait staff who provided us drinks and snacks while we were taking pictures and helped us with anything that we needed. I would recommend the Fruitlands to any couple who are looking for a stunning backdrop for their big day!
    Natalie Married on 10/15/2017
    We got married here October of 2017, and had a great experience from beginning to end! My husband and I live in TX, so we toured all our potential venues in the same week on a visit. Fruitlands stood out right away, from the beauty (that view!), the practicality (the tent is always up! And it’s heated!) and the professionalism and skill that Tim Holmes and the staff of Fruitlands and Fireside Catering operated with. We had a million questions through the planning process, and Tim was always quick to get back to us with answers. He was organized, calm, upfront with costs, helpful, and overall a very pleasant and cheerful person to work with. The value of what you get at Fruitlands far exceeds most venues in the area. You don’t have to worry about renting chairs or linens, or other equipment, it’s all there. They food is amazing, from the appetizers (they bring you some after the ceremony while you’re taking pics btw so you DO get to enjoy them), to plates of veggies, dips and cheese, to the entrees. We also had two signature cocktails, and the guests loved them. They encourage you to go with some bakeries they have a relationship with, we went with the Bean Counter and it was a delicious and also artfully decorated cake. People told us it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! We also made our own centerpieces, and decor, and dropped things off in advance, and the staff was very skillful in setting everything up. Even though we were planning a wedding from 2,000 miles away, it was as easy as if we were down the street. I cannot recommend Fruitlands enough!
    Annelise Married on 10/01/2017
    We are so glad that we chose Fruitlands as our wedding venue. I cannot say enough positive things about our experience.
    First the location. Fruitlands is beautiful. We had an outdoor wedding ceremony in their field and it was stunning. Even if it had rained, though, we were really happy with the rain plan, and knew that it would be beautiful regardless. They have great space for getting ready and the indoor tent was perfect for the reception.
    Second, the staff. Tim, the on-site coordinator, is fantastic. He immediately puts you at ease and responds quickly to email. His guidance was invaluable and he made the entire planning process smooth and painless (for real!). He was very helpful on the day-of and knew exactly what was happening when. The rest of the staff were also incredibly helpful and polite.
    Third, the food. It was really delicious, and we've received many compliments on it since the wedding. I had been a bit nervous about choosing an inclusive package but it really was fantastic. You have plenty of options to customize the menu and work within whatever budget you want.
    Fourth - convenience and pricing. As I mentioned before, Tim was invaluable at making the wedding planning process as painless as possible. Having our ceremony and reception at one location kept logistics and travel time to a minimum. Our planning process was simpler and less stressful than some of our friends. We also found Fruitlands to be an excellent value. We had a very reasonable budget, but the wedding looked so elegant and so beautiful that you never would have guessed. If you are in the Boston area and looking for a beautiful venue without the crazy Boston prices, this is a great choice!!
    Maley Married on 09/09/2017
    We were absolutely blown away by our experience at Fruitlands. The venue was not only stunning, but the staff (especially Tim), service, food, and ambiance were more than we ever could have hoped for.
    Tim, the wedding coordinator at Fruitlands is excellent at his job! He is so easy-going and made us feel relaxed throughout the entire process. We knew we could ask him any questions, and he also helped us figure out a lot of other wedding-related details (how to communicate with a non-responsive vendor, how to deal with complicated family situations at the reception) and I really felt like he wanted our day to be as perfect as possible. He is incredibly professional and his staff LOVE working with him and at the Fruitlands--I think that says a lot. When he left the reception I also felt like we were in good hands with his banquet staff, and they catered to us the entire night. It really made us feel special and like we didn't have to worry about anything.
    I recommend Fruitlands 100 times over. I feel so lucky that we found it and I wish we could have our wedding day again and again!
    J Married on 09/09/2017
    I can't say enough good things about the Fruitlands Museum. You are not going to find a more gorgeous venue, and the service and food is truly outstanding. Tim was absolutely fantastic to work with. He is so thorough (he's on top of details that would never have even crossed my mind), super responsive, and very accommodating. I highly recommend looking at their list of preferred vendors as well- Tim has worked with all of them a bunch, and it will make your day go even more smoothly. It was definitely a splurge financially, but we felt that it was so worth it to have so many of the details taken care of for us, especially since we were planning the wedding from across the country.
    Kristi Married on 07/22/2017
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Fruitlands Museum, Fireside Catering and Tim Holmes!! From finding the venue and our first meeting, to the day of, Tim made every step FUN and as stress free as possible. He truly wanted our day to be perfect and made sure it was nothing short of that. The venue itself is flawless, even in the smoldering heat, the views, tent, and decorations allowed made everything exactly as my husband and I had envisioned. On top of it all, the food/open bar made our guests enjoy the night even more. Thanks Tim, Fireside Catering and Fruitlandks Museum for making our day everything we had imagined it would be :)
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 06/23/2017
    My husband and I just got married at the Fruitlands a little over a week ago. We are so happy we went with this venue. Firstly, what a gorgeous backdrop for your event! The rolling hills and vistas of Harvard are spectacular. Secondly, Tim and his team are incredible to work with. They are communicative, organized and kind. They are willing to work with you and your partner to create an event that is tailored to your needs and interests, all the while sticking to whatever budget you are working with. Thirdly, the food that Fireside Catering puts out is incredible. Our guests have been talking about our food for over a week now. They source locally and create menus seasonally which is exactly what we wanted. They can work with any dietary restrictions and needs. What makes me happiest of all is knowing my husband and I can return to the Fruitlands Museum year after year to dine at the cafe, hike, visit the museums and re-live our special day. What a treat!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/09/2016
    My husband and I love the fall and what better place to get married than a venue that offers amazing views of New England's fall foliage? We are so happy we chose Fruitlands! We really wanted a beautiful outdoor ceremony in the fall but both having grown up in New England, we also knew that the weather doesn't always cooperate. Fruitlands offers a great plan B under the tent in the event of inclement weather with the same amazing views. Thank goodness they do because it poured the entire day of our wedding! Despite the rain, we had a beautiful ceremony and an amazing reception. Tim was so great to work with! He was extremely professional and quick to respond with any questions or concerns we had, and we had a lot! He and the entire Fruitlands staff did an amazing job. I highly recommend the Fruitlands Museum. We couldn't be any happier with our decision!
  • Kaela
    Kaela Married on 08/12/2016
    Amazing! We knew as soon as we saw the venue that it was the perfect spot for our wedding. The views are incredible, and Tim was great to work with through our entire planning process. He was always quick to respond to my e-mails, and he was there to guide us through our rehearsal and keep everything running smoothly for our ceremony on the big day. We were sure we would need to move our ceremony in the tent (which still would have been beautiful) as a thunderstorm rolled through about an hour before it was meant to start, but Tim watched the weather closely, and his team was able to run out and dry off all the chairs right before the ceremony once the skies cleared up. He also brought me some hors D'oeuvres before the ceremony - I forgot to eat after breakfast, and no one had a granola bar, so he made sure I wouldn't be hungry on top of nervous during the ceremony! Our coordinator on the day of, Alex, was also great! She checked in on me as I was getting ready, guided us through the big events of the evening (even showing us how to cut the cake), set up a shuttle for our bridesmaids to return to the hotel after the reception, and helped us bring gifts and cards out to our car at the end of the night. Her team then boxed up all of our decorations for us to pick up the next day. We had such an amazing day, and everyone who worked on our event truly made it as stress-free as possible!