Frugal Gourmet Catering Company Reviews

30 Reviews for Frugal Gourmet Catering Company

1 User photo

Frugal Gourmet Catering Company 1

Pam · Married on 10/05/2018

The Frugal Gourmet catered our rehearsal dinner this past weekend. Everyone loved the selections and Aletta was was very helpful in designing a menu for different food preferences. Her staff did an amazing job setting up, serving, and boxing up the food. They were so responsive and eager to make our dinner an intimate occasion. The Frugal Gourmet is not only a great value but their food is the best catering in the High Country. Thanks for a wonderful evening.

Miranda · Married on 09/22/2018

It was such a pleasure working with Aleta and her crew! The food was the most complimented item at my wedding! If you are looking for variety Frugal Gourmet is it. I had several different stations and delicious desserts. She even made our wedding cake (so good)!! Aleta was easy to get a hold of and easy to work with. I am still wishing I had one more cupcake.

You won’t go wrong choosing this catering company!

Kayrn · Married on 08/18/2018

Attended Twickingham House wedding 8/18/18.... Venue was beautiful.. Food was amazing! "Stuffed Dates" were out of this world good! Really impressed by the dessert table! the Cake was "Canoli Cream" is a MUST try. We have been to many weddings this summer and as far as food and service goes this one get " 2Thumbs up".

Frugal Gourmet Catering Company 2

Blyss · Married on 08/18/2018

Aleta Higgins and her team were awesome and were exactly what we needed for our son and daughter-in-law's reception! The food was delicious and unique and everyone remarked on how much they enjoyed it. We stayed within our original budget and there were no hidden charges, or surprises which was terrific. It was also very helpful that Frugal Gourmet also did the ceremonial cake and we didn't have to deal with a cake vendor, and the delivery and set-up charges there would have been for them to travel to our venue. The cake was delicious, and everyone also raved over our dessert beignet bar! We highly recommend The Frugal Gourmet Catering Company for any catering needs, especially a wedding reception! They made our celebration wonderful!

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

Aleta was great to work with. She took my cocktail reception ideas easily and we came up with a great menu. Of course I didn't get to eat as much as I would have liked (what bride does?), but there was about a 15 min time frame where me and my groom were at the food table shoving as much as we could into our faces!! And everything I tried was fabulous. She left togo boxes for us, but sadly we didn't bring coolers (destination wedding) so we weren't able to bring it home with us. Her whole staff were great and friendly and my guests enjoyed themselves.

Lois · Married on 09/03/2016

Frugal Gourmet catered our daughter's wedding recently, and everyone was so impressed with the food! Aleta is an amazing cook, and she goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. We did 3 stations-Mexican, Southern, and Asian- and all were incredible. Everyone still keeps commenting on how great the food was and how nice it was to have so much variety. She provided plenty of food at a very reasonable price. I can't recommend her enough. If you're looking for a truly memorable reception meal, you will not go wrong with this company!

Candy · Married on 10/10/2015

Aleta is first class in her knowledge of listening to what the couple desire for their special day!!
    The food was delicious, the buffet arrangement was eye- appealing and the staff was attentive to the needs of the guests.
    You will be pleased to have her catering your special event.

We eloped and had a post-wedding party at our new house. The Frugal Gourmet crew did a wonderful job. The presentation was gorgeous and everyone raved about the food (we had chicken lettuce wraps, stuffed mushroom caps, quiche tarts, low country kebabs, and crab cakes). We had planned to set up outside, but intermittent rain caused us to move everything inside instead. Despite a somewhat tight space and change of plans, they made everything look great and managed the traffic flow beautifully. They really went above and beyond -- they were flexible and professional; they lent a hand with other tasks once they had the food set up; they brought a gorgeous centerpiece, display crates, menu chalkboard, etc.; and they were just all around helpful and friendly. I can't say enough good things. I'm so glad we hired them and highly recommend them!

Bianca · Married on 09/12/2015

Aleta's catering was absolutely stunning. There was plenty of everything , the quality and presentation of the food was super good. Also a very friendly staff that worked hand in hand together. Altea made my Daughters wedding a complete success. Thank you for an unforgettable experience. I would recommend her to all my friends:)

Jean · Married on 09/12/2015

I highly recommend Aleta for your catering. She catered a a bridesmaid brunch for me. She provided an array of brunch foods for the bride to choose from and the bride's choices of stuffed french toast, chicken and waffles, fried green tomatoes on grits, fruit kabobs and a variety of quiches were awesome. After carry outs, we had nothing left. Aleta is customer focused, food was delivered on time and was hot. I definitely plan to use the Frugal Gourmet again!

Angela · Married on 06/13/2015

Frugal Gourmet Catering surpassed our expectations as caterer of our daughter's wedding. The Southwestern/Mexican buffet table (which included Barbacoa beef, grilled marinated chicken, cilantro & lime rice, and all the fixin's) was very appealing to both the eye and the palate. We were also very pleased with the refreshing fruit skewers and the savory brie and apple quesadillas at cocktail hour. Aleta Higgins and her staff were very accommodating, flexible, and friendly. Thankfully, my husband and I never plan to host another wedding, but if we ever need catering for some other function, we would seek the service of Frugal Gourmet Catering all over again.

beverly · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot say enough about Aleta and her crew! They are as amazing as amazing gets! To start with, my first caterer fell through so I had to find a new one for my wedding that was only about three weeks away at this point. Aleta was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She was wonderful to work with and incredibly accommodating. She took my menu suggestions and made them work for my price range. The food was delicious and the set-up was beautiful! On top of all of this, my venue made some huge mistakes and Aleta and her crew did not hesitate to jump in. Her employees used her personal truck to move 15 6' tables that my venue had neglected to set-up! On top of all this, they were all very sweet, professional and just all around fantastic!

Sydney · Married on 05/16/2015

I was beyond pleased with the job Frugal Gourmet did on my wedding day. It rained for about 15 minutes during my reception. Alita and her staff remained calm and professional. They went above and beyond their duties and cut/served our cake and served us champagne.

Alita is so creative. She created a beautiful spread that was exactly what I had imagined. She included adorable rustic touches to the buffet (menu chalkboard, rustic crates, etc) while maintaining an elegance just like I had described to her. We had shrimp and grits shooters, fried green tomatoes, BBQ sliders, and fresh fruit with goat cheese. The food was absolutely delicious. And I couldn't give her a higher recommendation for future brides.

Leah · Married on 05/02/2015

Frugal Gourmet Catering takes it to a stellar level!! When we did our tasting, My fiance and I knew that we had found our caterer!
    Their food was amazing. What Jason and I really found exciting about their menu was the creativity and Aleta's ability to
    match our vision for our reception. We really wanted something that was "outside of the dots", and they delivered! The bonus
    was the job they did on the set up of the buffet table.... Eye candy for our guests as well as a culinary treat! We spent quite a bit
    of time choosing a caterer, as for us, it was the most important part of our wedding. We hit the mark with Frugal gourmet!

Angela · Married on 12/27/2014

Frugal Gourmet Catering Company catered my wedding. The food and service was absolutely amazing and helped to make our special day perfect!!!

Piper · Married on 10/18/2014

Aleta was an angel. I picked her menu because it was so creative and not like all the other bland boring menus you find with other caterers. She was so flexible and friendly and adjusted her menu when requested, even provided flowers for her serving tables. Our guests ranted and raved about the food. Definitely get the beer cheese dip and brie apple quesadillas.

Liz · Married on 08/16/2014

Frugal Gourmet Catering was a perfect choice for our wedding. Aleta and her staff were nothing short of professional from start to finish, and with countless food options to choose from, we can effectively say that everything was delicious.
    Every detail was taken care of, down to the carry-out boxes for my husband and I saved for after the reception (which was SO much appreciated).
    We also got several referrals from Aleta and were pleased with all of them. If you are looking for great food, impeccable service, and excellent attention to detail, Frugal Gourmet comes HIGHLY recommended!

Thank you and your team for all of your hard work during the wedding and all of the crazy emails! You have been a great person to work with and I will definitely recommend you to anyone I know. I got rave reviews on the food and everything just looked amazing once I was able to see the tent put together.

Leslie · Married on 05/31/2014

I am very enthusiastic about this caterer because she delivered! The presentation of the offerings on a buffet table were displayed with artistry and attention to detail. From the draping of the table, to a carved fruit display, and unique serving pieces, combined to create a table that was pleasing to the eye.

But, for true success, the palate must be satisfied and Aleta Higgins surpassed my expectations. The food was tasty, unique and interesting, and abundant. The venue was new to all of us and presented some challenges. Aleta worked with the issues that arose in a calm, competent manner and contributed to the over-all sense that everything is under control. What a gift this was to all concerned. I highly recommend The Frugal Gourmet Catering Company for providing personal service, wonderful food, and professionalism that rises to meet the unexpected.

Chelsea · Married on 10/12/2013

Amazing. Everyone loved the food and Aleta was a joy to work with!

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

Aleta was amazing. She was professional, on time, had great ideas for our menu and above all I trusted her to make our day perfect. I knew I didnt have to worry about a thing. People are still talking about the food.

Leigh · Married on 09/21/2013

Everything was delicious! Staff was very professional and I highly recommend the lasagna!

The Frugal Gourmet Catering Company was excellent to work with! They catered my Bridal Party Luncheon the day of my wedding and made it such a stress-free event, allowing me to really spend time with my Bridal Party! The dining room has a beautiful rustic appearance and feel that was suited to the theme of my wedding. The natural wood throughout the dining room is absolutely gorgeous and provides a soft, warm feeling. The service was spectacular making the event a relaxing time with friends rather than a stressful beginning to a crazy day. The food was outstanding, the selection of Quiche was delicious and the cinnamon rolls are to die for!!! The fresh fruit display was also gorgeous. It was as pretty as it was healthy and delicious. Each dish was beautifully plated in a professional style that only added to the delectable taste. Aleta was great to work with and is an amazing Chef. She really understood my vision for the Luncheon, which made the planning a much simpler and enjoyable process.

Caroline · Married on 08/06/2011

Frugal Gourmet catered our son and daughter in law's rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. We were extremely pleased with both events and would ask them to cater any future events without hesitation.
    They were very accommodating to personal requests and bent over backwards to meet all our needs.
    Delicious food and beautiful presentation as well!

Christine · Married on 07/16/2011

Tributary Restaurant & Catering Co catered to our wedding at Prospect Hill B&B. We had sensational food and wonderful service. Tributary Restaurant along with Prospect Hill made our wedding so very perfect.