FreshTracks Entertainment Reviews

48 FreshTracks Entertainment Reviews
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2018

RELIABLE, fun DJ, great photobooth

Rick was everything I could have asked for in a wedding vendor. He listen to me and delivered exactly what I asked for. He was on time professional and required very little from me. Now that I have had a wedding I can tell you that one of the most valuable things you can find is somebody who can work well with little direction and still produce a quality products. Rick did just that and more. I spent very little time with Rick and gave him minimal help with our wedding music because I'm terrible with music. He was able to come up with a great set that not only spoke to our personal preferences but pleased the crowd as a whole. Rick was on time for our wedding and had everything set up on time.

As a DJ he played all the songs we asked for, oncue, and he kept everyone on the dance floor. Besides our own satisfaction with him we've had plenty of gas come up and tell us how wonderful he was and how much they enjoyed him.

We also rented his photo booth. It was up and running in the location that I requested despite its difficulty for his team. The photo quality was wonderful and the assistant was friendly and attentive. We had a small hiccup at the end of the night because it was 28 degrees out and the computer started to freeze, but I can hardly hold that against Rick and his team. All of the photos from the night were delivered promptly by mail in a thumb drive. I will cherish our goofy photos forever.

I highly recommend Rick for your next event. Thanks for everything!

• Stephanie

Stephanie Baskins · Married on 10/06/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment goes above & beyond!

If you’re getting married in the Mammoth area, you HAVE to go with FreshTracks Entertainment! Rick is so much fun & keeps the wedding energy at an all time high! From the very beginning of asking for pricing packages and planning, he’s always very responsive and professional. He helped guide us through recommendations of songs for areas of the ceremony and reception that we didn’t even know we had to think about. All of our guests complimented us on how awesome the DJ was and how well he adjusted to the crowd. The fact that he has a wonderful relationship with the other top vendors (photographers / videographers) in the area really makes a difference because of their collaboration and synergy. Another plus - he offers photo booth add-ons for any of his packages with a bunch of backdrops to choose from. You won’t be disappointed with choosing FreshTracks!

Katherine Donnelly-Crocker · Married on 09/29/2018

Packed Dance Floor All Night!

Rick was such an asset to our amazing wedding day and night!!! He was very responsive throughout the entire planning process, flexible in working with our requests , and such a fun guys to pump our guests the entire night!

Our lakeside ceremony was very unexpectly windy and he worked very closely with the officiant both before and during the ceremony to give tips to make sure everyone could hear! Everyone heard everything (even with 30mph + winds! with his sound equipment and tips!!

At the reception he was so good at reading the vibes in the room and played a great variety of songs we requested along with must have old school songs and new age beats!! The dance floor was packed the entireeeeee night!!! Now even after the wedding, our guests keep commenting on how great of a DJ he was! He definitely helped create the perfect night for us!

Sent on 10/22/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

This night, this couple, their family and friends, WOW. This was one one of the finest sets I've ever spun, this will always be dear to my heart. The organic and romantic start to this dance floor set the tone packed the floor and the wedding was lit. The ceremony, the flows, dreamy wedding. Thank you Katherine and Raul!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2018

Best DJ, Hands Down.

Rick was hands down the best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding, and I am not just biased because it was my own. From the second we met ( or he spoke with anyone really) he made everyone feel so comfortable and at ease. A few guests have made comments about how they just thought we had a really fun friend, before they realized he was the DJ at the reception. I mean, people were up on tables dancing, that's how fun he kept the dance floor. During speeches he inserted the best sound effects, and our reception flowed so smoothly

Simply put, if you want the best DJ in Mammoth, and your guests to tear up the dance floor, he is your guy!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 1
    FreshTracks Entertainment 2

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

I love these pictures, YES, You and Austin getting low! And the Table dancing, YES, first i've seen at the venue and it felt so right! I remember the staff pulling people down off the tables. Legend! Thank you Sarah for having me and thank you for getting after it on the dance floor!

Kristin · Married on 08/18/2018

Rick was absolutely beyond amazing and one of the easiest of our vendors to communicate with even though we lived four hours away from our venue! From our very first meeting, he showed up punctual, full of energy and ready to work! Not only were my husband and I almost completely unsure of the direction we wanted to go, but we also are horrible at names of songs and artists! This was no problem for Rick, he took no time in getting to know what we were hoping to accomplish with our music and even added his input as to what would make our experience even greater! This was all from our very first visit together!
    As we continued to collaborate on our music mapping, Rick was never more than a step away! He offered to send ideas, and play lists that he felt suited our needs and was always open to questions via email, phone call and text! The communication was unbelievable considering we were basically planning a wedding via emails! About two weeks before the wedding we were hammering out all of the details and decided to move the dance floor outside so we could enjoy a party under the stars! Rick had a back up plan for everything in case of the weather and he was always ready to change up anything that needed to be!
    Then came the big day! Rick showed up promptly on time and had everything set up and ready to go! We were beyond blown away and my guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing our Dj was! From the ceremony music to the grand entrances to the dance floor, he did not miss a beat! He followed all of our requests and stayed away from anything we were hesitant on, and still was able to work in some amazing suggestions from our guests! The highlight of the evening turned out to be the dance floor under the stars! Rick rocked the party all night long, to the point where no one wanted to leave, but rather continue dancing!

I would recommend Rick time and time and time again! At this point, I am just looking for another reason to hire him!

Sent on 10/07/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Hello Kristin and thank you for the kind words. This wedding was one of my all time favorites. I knew we connected musically and had similar tastes. I knew we were going to be outside, I decided to bring an extra sub and just go for it on the audio, (some venues don't appreciate this, props Mammoth Mountain) the sound quality and the energy on the dance floor was high. I could feel how close of a group you all were. I felt the lighting was amazing, simple just market lights and stars. Then there was Mr Roboto, An impromptu live tribute dance battle by the groom and a close friend, WOW. So happy to be a part of Kristin and Josh's wedding celebration. Thank you.
  • U

Ustina · Married on 08/17/2018

Rick was THE best DJ ever!!!
    Such amazing energy the whole night! Really gets the party going. Does everything he can in preparation to make sure he nails your music style and preference so that you really have the best time.
    If you’re looking for a DJ in the Mammoth area hire Rick. Don’t even think about using anyone else, you’ll regret it. He was so amazing to work with and played all my jams all night! Made our wedding so much fun!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

And Sick Jams they were! Ustina and Anthony have rad taste in music and we connected there right away! Organized laid back couple with Snow industry background and shred style. Dreamy couple. How about that "Barbara Striesand" Game Changer. FUN. Thank you USTINA!

Laura · Married on 08/16/2018

Rick is the greatest! He made our very DIY party feel like there was a pro running it!! Rick also helped give us other recommendations that were helpful. He is attentive and responsive and lots of fun!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

There was a pro running it! Thank you so much Laura! As a Master of Ceremony day of event flow and overall impression is paramount. Timeline execution, spotlight moments, announcements, organization, that's a big part of what I do. I use behind the scenes communications with meticulous details and planning to execute. Then a front and center microphone delivery equals Master of Ceremony. I'm always striving to deliver and improve on this aspect of my service. Thank you for the kind words. I'm very grateful to have been a part of your amazing wedding celebration and Thank you for choosing my services on your wedding day!

Brita · Married on 08/03/2018

Rick was the best DJ ever for our Mammoth wedding!! We had one in person meeting and a couple phone meetings to make sure everything would go smoothly on wedding day. We filled out a "wedding overview" and "music mapping" worksheet that helped the planning go flawlessly. Wedding day was sooooo fun with Rick playing the music we had suggested and really reading the crowd!! EVERYONE was up and dancing, from the bridal party to our grandparents. Rick was born to be a DJ!! You can't go wrong choosing him for your wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 3

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

I am humbled and grateful to do what I do, to bring others joy. Bringing Dance. Creating Moments. Brita is a dream bride. Your words "Born to" ring home. To be a part of your day, genuine and spectacular couples and families like yours, where I was meant be, thank you for your kind words.

Maggie · Married on 08/01/2018

Rick is amazing!!

He is super professional and organized. He has the ability to adapt to his clients requests whether you want a raging party or a more subtle vibe.
    Several of our guests asked us how long we had been friends with Rick based on the connection we made in just a few months.

april · Married on 06/29/2018

Stop looking and book Rick as your DJ!! He is seriously the best out there. Rick is full of energy, personality, and knows his music.. He even has a cool feature where guests can request songs for your wedding. All of our guests loved him and music was on point !! Everyone was dancing until the end of the night. We loved working with Rick because he gave us ideas and suggestions on areas we weren't sure of. He also offers different wedding packages you can choose from different price ranges. Look no further because Rick is your DJ!!!! Million stars if we could :) Thank you Rick for making The Morgan Wedding unforgettable!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Morgan wedding was off the hook, that last hour was legendary! I thought the lights looked awesome. April killed the dance floor! I knew from the requests and our work together some of the vibes you were looking for and we took it there, deep, so amped. Thank you so much for choosing me on your wedding day. I knew from our first meeting you had a particular style and taste, I knew we could get it. Congratulations Morgan's!
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 06/15/2018

DJ Richard was great to work with, he blew our minds mixing from all genres, going from country to pop and all over. He played the right tracks for the special moments and kept the dance floor full all night. As a former DJ, I appreciated him taking time for all the guest requests and actually playing them! He was professional, very responsive and truly passionate about making sure the bride and groom got exactly what they wanted.

Sent on 06/26/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

So amped on this set, an instant all time favorite. Brian and Maura are a legend in love, a 20 year love story. We all had a connection. I knew he had a DJ history, our passion and appreciation for music was alive and well, dance floor was Rad. So much love for Brian Maura and their amazing friends and family from around the country.

Kayla · Married on 06/07/2018

Rick is AMAZING!! Easy to talk to, detailed and perceptive towards what you want to hear at your wedding. We met with him several times and even had last minute changes that he had no issues with. He had great suggestions and we had the best time at the wedding. Every person was dancing and having a blast. Massive Conga line included! He does a great job and really enjoys doing it!

Sent on 07/24/2018

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Yea! We lit it up. That Conga line was legendary, the ground was shaking. As long as live and love, the couples I serve and the moments we all cherish, that's the best. Tim holding you 10 feet in the air, you were glowing, almost floating "Take me home tonight"! Dreamy. Thank you Kayla.

Tal · Married on 05/12/2018

If I had to pick one vendor that MADE our wedding the amazing memory it was, it would be Rick. Not everything with our wedding went perfect, but with Rick bringing it all home it didn't matter. This dude is clearly more than just a "wedding DJ", and we just felt so fortunate the Mammoth area had him. From the creative transitions, the finger on the pulse of the crowd, the instant ability to read our taste, and the spine to say no to rogue wedding guests trying to sway the playlist, you will right away realize this is not Rick's first rodeo, and that's a good thing. Add in the fact that he is extremely personable and really makes you feel like your wedding is all that's on his mind, and I can't think of what else you would want.

Our wedding was at Convict Lake, and we used him for both the ceremony and reception. He nailed both, including the first dance. Just totally on top of it. We also paid him a bit extra to move the party at 10 PM to the bar, which was an insanely good deal. When you consider what a wedding at Convict Lake costs, the extra few hundred bucks to keep the party rocking for a couple more hours shouldn't even be an question. Just do it.

The bottom line is if I had to throw a party ANYWHERE and needed a DJ to get people moving, Rick would be the first name that would come to my mind. Dollar for dollar he was by far the best value we got out of any vendor at our wedding. I hope he doesn't raise his prices, but he easily could and I would still recommend him in a heartbeat. If he is available and willing to DJ your wedding, be it in the Eastern Sierras or anywhere else, stop thinking and book him.

Diana · Married on 04/05/2018

My now hubby & I were married on top of MM April 5th , not only did Rick provide music he looked steller in his grey sporty suit & snowboard boots lol our guest were impressed with his passion for his music & desire to please our crowd ! That parlayed over to the reception at the Village !!!! I to didn't think we had a big dancing crowd , I was proved wrong haha . Rick has so much enthusiasm & energy to give a crowd and they responded until the end of the night !!!!! My husband isn't a big party person or drinker & when I saw him singing & dancing along side his friends it put a smile on my face all night long ! I don't think I've ever seen him have so much fun & partisapate the way he did that night !!!! Thank You Rick for giving us such wonderful memories ❤️ I personally don't remember all of it as brides get caught up in hugs & kisses & greeting friends & family ! But.... I do know I was not worried our friend & family were not having a fabulous time . Best night , Best music !!!!! Memories of the heart for a lifetime ! Thank You my dear new friend !!! Hope to do some riding with you next year hehe I hear you shread hehe

Sent on 04/14/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 4
    FreshTracks Entertainment 5
    FreshTracks Entertainment 6
    FreshTracks Entertainment 7

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Yea Diana and Johnny, Diana looked amazing in the fur shawl and her and Johnny slashed down the mountain following their ceremony! I almost lost a few fingers that day playing the processional in my Grey suit and snowboard boots. If these pictures don't tell the whole story winds were touching 40mph and temps were at the 30 degree mark. I will always remember the crowd singing and swaying and embracing one another for a few separate tracks as the night came to a close. Amazing wedding! Yes Diana you and I should catch some FreshTracks on the slopes on day!

Don · Married on 03/11/2018

What can we say about Rick? He was amazing. He brought our wedding to life. We initially told him that we expect the reception to be more of a cocktail hour vibe because we felt our guests were not much of dancers - us included. He proved us wrong. With his energy and song choices, we and 95% of our guests were on the dance floor. We had an amazing night. Rick was friendly, accommodating, and organized. I highly recommend FreshTracks Entertainment and their services.

Sent on 03/27/2018
    FreshTracks Entertainment 8

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

When Don and Christie contacted me we talked about the laid back cocktail vibe and a mellow elegant evening. Things don't always go according to plan and you have to stay open to the moment. I could feel the energy in the room during the early hours of the event, I knew we could get it lit. We got it going on and this intimate white winter wedding was inspired on the dance floor.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Rick was the perfect DJ/MC! Super fun to work with, high energy, positive, and most importantly, really excellent at what he does!
    From the beginning, I knew that Rick was the right choice for us. He has such a great working knowledge of the different music genres and was extremely organized with his music mapping software. All of these factors came together to make the music planning process less of a chore and more of something that we actually had a great time doing. Rick was easily accessible by phone and knows the Convict Lake venue better than any other DJ. He's your man.

We had some unique music requests from Rick for our wedding and he handled them with ease. His timing with music is so on point and he made the crowd laugh with his occasional musical interjections during funny parts of the toasts. I ended up wanting my own recording of a classical piece to be included in the wedding ceremony, and Rick was able to accommodate easily. He also helped me work and figure out how to interface with the movie projector so that I could connect my own computer at the reception site for a slideshow. Basically, his technical knowledge of things "technology-related" will be a huge asset to you.

During the actual reception, I could not believe how many people remained on the dance floor. DJ Rick was consistently keeping the tracks "fresh" just like his namesake. Again, we have a pretty diverse genre list of things that we like ranging from country to latin/hip-hop beats. Rick was also fantastic at taking requests from the crowd and gauging the types of songs that would keep the most people on the dance floor. I haven't seen a wedding in a long time with that many people dancing and I attribute that to the upbeat and fresh tracks from our awesome DJ. Rick also had so much energy during the night and our guests who interacted with his during the night complimented his high energy style and overall fun vibe that he brought to the night. Thank you Rick!!!

Sent on 11/03/2017
    FreshTracks Entertainment 9
    FreshTracks Entertainment 10

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Raf and Em's wedding this fall, one of my favorite sets all year! We really connected on a some musical tastes and this crowd was down for a wild ride. We got the energy high! Raf is a true renaissance man, a pleasure to work with he and I coordinated some fun dramatic moments throughout the evening and got some laughs and tears along the way. So grateful to work with couples like Raf and Em.

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

You will not go wrong with Rick! He provided sound bites on the spot during our wedding reception speeches. I mean, you can't beat that. He is so fun to work with and provided a fun atmosphere and entertainment for the night. My guests loved him! I can't recommend him enough!!! 10/10

Sent on 10/17/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Valerie. The chicken story during the speeches was hilarious. Glad I could contribute with some comedic timing. Kevin's breakdancing and boyband background surely proved amazing!

Timber · Married on 09/08/2017

Rick was so easy to work with from the early planning stages through the end of our wedding reception. Rick went above and beyond to make sure that everyone at our wedding was having an amazing time. I was constantly receiving compliments from our guests about how great Rick was and how much fun they had at our wedding. He set the bar for the quality of entertainment! 10/10, I would most definitely recommend Rick to anyone who wants their event to go flawlessly.

Sent on 09/26/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

"It's going down, i'm yelling Timber" My man! Timber's wife works in weddings and she has a rad style. She knew exactly what she wanted and I was stoked she chose FreshTracks. We connected musically during our meetings right away and they were very organized. On their wedding day this dance floor was ready to go... I felt the energy coming from the crowd like a tidal wave during the cake cutting! We had the dance floor literally jumping during the cake cutting! Party went so hard off the gates we had to put a cooler on to get into the parent dances. We got into some deep Hip Hop moments, I thought the dance floor lights were a fun add with this crowd. Beautiful Couple, Fun friends and family, Thank you so much.

Abby · Married on 08/25/2017

Best. DJ. Ever.

DJ Rick is not only a legend in Mammoth (I legitimately didn't book my venue until I confirmed he was available), but he's perhaps the best wedding DJ in the world. How do I know? 1) My very international guests could not stop talking about his fresh tracks, often asking "where did you find him?!" and 2) the entire evening culminated with everyone on the dance floor, jumping up and down and dancing like I had never seen them dance before (my husband included!). Thanks to DJ Rick, my wedding turned into a giant dance party and the best night of our lives.

Beyond his insane spinning skills, Rick is hilarious, responsive, organized, thoughtful, and incredibly adaptable. He was an absolute pleasure to correspond with and incredibly timely in his responses. He had a clear plan of what songs we needed to choose for what parts of the day, he had an excellent strategy for managing energy flow throughout the many hours, and he was able to strike an incredible balance between generations of music and my husband's (country/coffeehouse) and my (hip hop/dance) varying tastes in music.

We also rented a photo booth from him (I think this is a new business for Rick) and our guests seemed to love it! We never made it to the booth, though- too busy dancing. :)

Rick provided all of the above at a great price.

If DJ Rick is available, book him immediately. You will never regret it.

Sent on 09/06/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

I can't say enough about Abby and Josh and this amazing and inspiring Double Eagle wedding. I recall the first time Abby contacted me so clearly, I knew they were my "ideal" client. Our communications were always such a joy and left my day for the better. Our communications were plenty. With guests online song requests included (well over 100) Abby, Josh and I had over 220 communications in total. I got to know Abby and Josh. I got to know their guests and their music through those requests. Our tastes in music and overall mountain style created a perfect parallel. On their wedding day it may have been the finest set I've ever played. From the ceremony and guests asking "what was that song"? The speeches and the Best Mans San Francisco stories. To the deck rattling, Bride stomping Zedd closer, WOW. I will be forever grateful to Abby and Josh for choosing my services on their wedding day.

Chelsea · Married on 07/29/2017

It was super important to us to have a good dance party at our wedding, and it was very hard to convince my husband to hire a DJ to take the reins. But once we met Rick, we knew it was a perfect match! Rick was super responsive to us throughout the process, and always happy to hop on a call or FaceTime to help us plan the flow of events and give thoughts on music selection. He can curate the whole day for you, or take what you give him and run with it. He also has a fun music request function, which my friends took advantage of (sometimes to a problematic extent...who needs that much Janet Jackson??)

On the day of, Rick got the party started. He was able to weave in oldies, disco, 80's pop, 90's hip hop, and indie music seamlessly to create a rocking party. The night ended with our friends and family swaying in a circle around us as we danced, followed by a conga line (DJ Rick joined in of course). I highly recommend this guy for your music and entertainment--you'll have everyone talking about what a fun party it was!

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

Rick is by far the best DJ I could've ever hired. He did amazing from the time I first spoke with him until the wedding. All my questions were always answered. If I wanted a recommendation for a song he always sent a full playlist of recommendations. The day/night of the wedding went perfect. No hiccups at all. He keeps the crowd going all night long & is very upbeat & down to earth. I would highly recommend hiring him! He's the BEST & he will make your night run smoothly.

Sent on 09/06/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Melissa and Brian! The Style and Flow on this wedding was so unique and beautiful. This couple was in madly in love and their story was so apparent throughout their day. the Grooms vows made me laugh and Cry! THE DANCEFLOOR was insane! So much energy with this hot young crowd, and the father of the groom was a dance floor wild man, so much fun.

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

Rick is amazing!!! We had him DJ our wedding in July 2017 and had an amazing time. All of our guests had a blast. Rick was so patient with us, we didn't finalize some of our songs until the day before the wedding. He was incredibly responsive to emails and eager to hop on the phone if necessary. Highly recommend FreshTracks!!!

Max · Married on 06/17/2017

Rick was the best wedding DJ anyone could ask for, and certainly the best I’ve ever seen! He kept people dancing all night without a single lull in the action. Months later, guests are still mentioning how great he was and asking whether he does events down in SoCal. He takes such obvious joy and pride in his work, and the result is an incredible time for everyone!

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ RICK!!!! He is the man! We had heard rumors from various wedding planners in the Mammoth Lakes area that DJ Rick was the best, so we snagged him as soon as we could and we are very glad we did. We had multiple face-to-face meetings with him in the months before our wedding, and we also talked over FaceTime and email, so we knew that he was committing a lot of time to really customizing the wedding music for us. He is very responsive to email and we found it was very helpful to shoot him a quick message whenever we thought of a song we'd like to hear.

The music was perfect. We had a country-themed wedding and DJ Rick found a good balance between country music and classic wedding hits everyone loves. The dance floor was definitely rocking.

Sent on 07/18/2017

FreshTracks Entertainment's reply:

Yea Rachel! Your wedding was all time, a most amazing couple! Professionally your wedding exemplified everything I strive for in custom music. I'm not naturally a huge country music guy. "Play Something Country" was the drop of the night for me, so RAD! Through our communications and meetings we really got to know one another. I felt like because of that I was able create a musical energy and timing that really fit you and Andrew. One my challenges with having a wedding go wild like that so early in summer, we set the bar. I'm so joyed to have been a part of your love story, thank you for the kind words. Kick your Boots up!