French Novelty Reviews

82 | Jacksonville, FL

82 Reviews for French Novelty

Rhonda Felice · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Niche was amazing to work with! She was patient and helped find the perfect bridal gown for my wedding just one month away. Would recommend to all!!

All staff are very responsive to needs. Seamstress available for any questions and for appointments. Very happy with service as a first time customer! So fortunate to have Niche’’s help.

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 08/10/2019

I found the bridesmaid jumpsuit I want for my girls.

Mrs. Lorie was a great help to me and my bridesmaids.

Sent on 02/19/2019

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words and letting us be a part of your special day. We are a big fan of the jumpsuit you chose for your girls. So chic and fun! Congrats and thanks again.

Dana · Married on 06/01/2019

Not enough good things to say!!

This is your best bet for bridesmaid dresses, ESPECIALLY if you are out of town! This is the second time I have worked with Laurie at French Novelty - and I live in Ohio. The first was for a wedding in a Tennessee. I was the only bridesmaid who was out of town and had to order my dress. I found a French Novelty online, and they were so great to work with that the other bridesmaids ordered from Laurie too! She was the first person I called when I needed a bridesmaid dress for my sister’s wedding. Both times she held the order for us until all the girls had ordered (so the dresses were made from the same dye lot of fabric) and the dresses came in perfect condition, on time, and with a special follow up from Laurie. Love French Novelty and will continue to use them as much as possible!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

D Wagner · Married on 04/27/2019

Very pleasant experience

The online shopping experience was excellent. A sales associate reached out to me shortly after my request for purchase to review my item and the delivery information. The gown was received prior to the date promised in excellent condition.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2018

Laurie was very helpful! She was very responsive and sent a small swatch of the colors we were looking at to help us decide. Ordering was easy and it arrived quickly! I would recommend them and use them again!

Sent on 05/31/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much Rebecca! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us.
    We love pictures of our beautiful bridal parties...hint, hint. ;)

Charita · Married on 09/28/2018

I received all five Christina Wu dresses this week! Omgggggggggggg they are gorgeous! Needless to say September can't get here fast enough! I am so looking forward to delivering the dresses to the girls to try on.

French Novelty, you all have been great to work with! I live in Northern Virginia and was nervous about ordering from a distance...by far the smoothest purchase! Laurie you are phenomenal. Having a storefront that I could have visited made all the difference (unlike many online "stores"). Even though I was out of state, it was no big deal to pick up the phone instead - someone always answered.

I work at a bridal salon, we sell Christina Wu Celebration gowns. We had one style in stock, and the other... well I went out on a limb based on the online photo. That should speak volumes - that I decided to shop elsewhere for our large purchase. French Novelty certainly guaranteed the best price.

Thank you so much! Laurie and ladies of French Novelty - during my next FL visit, I will be sure to stop by the store to personally thank each of you!

Signed
    -One happy bride!

Sent on 04/04/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are so honored to be a part of your special day and really appreciate you for taking the time to review us. .

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2018

What an amazing staff! I live in MD, had a bridesmaid in the UK so since they shipped and their prices were great I ordered from them. Unfortunately there was an import tax snafu when the dress arrived in the UK (not the shop's fault...but word of advice, state that it's a gift!) and after not getting picked up on time by the bridesmaid, the dress was shipped back to Florida. Fast forward to 10 days before my wedding, the shop had still not received the dress, but they were in talks with the postal service to track it down, called me that day to tell me they had the dress and shipped it right to me by 2-day priority UPS and didn't charge us a penny more. They went above and beyond to help us out and now I can have matching bridesmaids :-) Thank you so much Laurie and Pam for all your help!

Sent on 09/19/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks Danielle. We were so honored to be a part of your special day.
    Thanks for trusting us with your business and taking the time to give us a review.

Susan · Married on 09/02/2018

French Novelty was very easy to work with. We ordered 6 different dresses of the same color. The girls looked great.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Hi Susan,
    Thanks for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your business!

Robert · Married on 09/02/2018

They were very helpful in getting us similar but not identical bridesmaid dresses for the wedding party. Very responsive to our needs.

Sent on 09/28/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks Robert! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thanks also, for letting us be a part of your special day.

Penina · Married on 09/02/2018

Quick responses via email. Dress arrived on time and beautiful.

Sent on 09/29/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review French Novelty. We really appreciate your business and hope that we can serve you again soon.

Sabina · Married on 06/23/2018

Best of the best

With limited time, funds, and being plus sized, i thought getting my bridesmaids dress in time for my sisters wedding was going to be impossible! French Novelty made it very possible with their amazing prices and even better customer service! The dress fit perfect and came in with plenty of time! I would recommend French Novelty 100x over and over again. You just cant beat their prices and amazing customer service.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Karri · Married on 05/06/2018

French Novelty worked with me to get my bridesmaids dresses shipped to me expeditiously. They also worked quickly to solve an issue involving someone else's purchase getting charged to my account. They noticed the issue and fixed it immediately.

Sent on 05/30/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing French Novelty! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Hope to help you again soon. :)

Shacori · Married on 04/28/2018

OMG when I got my dress I was beaming with joy. All the other websites I tried would have the dress one day and it be gone the next but you all held mines. I can’t thank you all enough for that. I highly recommend that people should buy their dresses from French Novelty. You all make sure your costumers are happy and you also follow up on them. Also I would like to give a special thanks to Ms. Jen. She was a tremendous help. When no one else could help me they did and I am truly grateful for that.

Sent on 04/08/2018

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your business!

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2018

I absolutely am in love! I wish that I had ordered every single one of my girls dresses through them! Had I known, I promise I would have! Thank you Laurie for everything!!! It is greatly appreciated, more than you know!

Sent on 11/03/2017

French Novelty's reply:

You are so sweet! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words. Looking forward to serving you again sometime in the future.

Merrill · Married on 12/02/2017

Words cannot express how truly grateful I am for the service of French Novelty. After being traumatized by the Alfred Angelo company, Laurie reached out to us and made good on every promise. Your compassion and thoughtful support will never be forgotten. As you can imagine after being forsaken by one company most people would have been more than skepitical to go with an online company. Laurie's calming demeanor and professionalism eased all of my concerns right away! The staff of FN literally catered to us. Enough already about the amazing customer service let's talk about this BEAUTIFUL dress. Laurie listened to all of my concerns and found a gorgeous substitute. This dress did not disappoint! Everyone loves it! My matron of honor wanted to send Laurie a gift. I have never been so happy and obliged to write a review. I will be adding this website to a list of vendors that I would like my guest to support... these will be handed out at the reception. Laurie you were such a Godsend and I know now that my day will still be beautiful despite what we had to go through. French Novelty deserves 10 stars!! Please call me if you want me to make a commercial for y'all! I have photos I would love to share but the upload is taking too long. I can send another time if possible.

Sent on 10/16/2017

French Novelty's reply:

You are so very welcome. It was certainly our pleasure to help your bridal party find the perfect dress. We know you all will be just dazzling. We are also glad that we could alleviate some of your stress and are we are truly honored to be a part of such a special day.

Ally · Married on 10/14/2017

French Novelty was extremely professional and helpful while selecting a bridesmaid dress. They were attentive and made the process fairly simple.

The dress came exactly as requested with no problems. I would highly recommend them when ordering dresses online.

Sent on 11/02/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We hope you will let us serve you again soon.

Liza · Married on 10/07/2017

French novelty was amazing!!! Make sure you ask for Laurie. She helped us pick out the perfect dress and size. Thank you so much

Sent on 08/24/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words. We would love some pictures of your gorgeous wedding party!
  • User6747989 · 1+ year ago

I ordered a bridesmaid dress from French Novelty and was beyond pleased with the experience. I had a few questions to begin with since my timeline was tight. The customer service from French Novelty was outstanding. They answered all my questions promptly and gave suggestions for the pickle I was in. The price was the best I could find for the dress and I scoured stores and online. Very, very pleased with the experience and I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/23/2016

French Novelty's reply:

We so appreciate the kind words. We hope we can serve you again very soon!

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2017

I experienced a problem with the dress manufacturer, the French Novelty team made it their top priority to rectify the dress and quickly ship a replacement within 3 weeks. Laurie from customer service made sure to update me at every step so I knew when I would be receiving the replacement. It was a very stressful situation but French Novelty worked hard to make it right. I would definitely do business with them again.

Sent on 08/15/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words. Hope we can help you again soon.

Sydnie · Married on 08/26/2017

Could not thank French novelty enough! They saved my sisters wedding day. We originally ordered our bridesmaids dresses from a different store that never ended up ordering them. So French novelty did everything they could and got them here on time. They were so amazing!! They had wonderful customer service and never gave up on helping us!

Sent on 08/27/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review French Novelty. We loved working with your bridal party are so happy that you loved the beautiful bridesmaid dresses.
    Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

Annie · Married on 06/04/2017

I chose to have my 14 bridesmaids get their dresses from French Novelty for my New Orleans Summer wedding. I love that French Novelty is an amazing family owned business which is part of the reason why their customer service is top notch. We did a mismatched look in long dresses in the "cloudy" chiffon and I was amazed at how many different styles were offered by French Novelty. Laurie was fantastic in helping me narrow down a color that would look stunning on everyone. All of my bridesmaids looked incredible and they were so happy that they could choose the style that fit them best. French Novelty made it so easy for them to pick the best style for their body type even though the majority of them lived long distance. The dresses came in a very timely manner and the prices were very affordable. I have been a bridesmaid myself about a dozen times and the customer service offered by French Novelty is far superior compared to any place else. Working with Laurie (on the phone and through e-mail since I lived long distance) was so easy and painless. She kept me informed with my bridesmaids' orders and delivery dates every step of the way. Our Flower Girl looked beyond adorable in a dress also from French Novelty. I loved that French Novelty was a one stop shop. If you are looking for excellent service, the best prices, the largest selection of designers, colors, fabrics, and styles then choose French Novelty to dress your bridal party.

Sent on 10/04/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review French Novelty. We were so honored to be a part of your special day. What a beautiful bride and wedding party!

Karen · Married on 05/26/2017

We were able to order our dresses through French Novelty because the price was much less than the stores in our area. The dresses were authentic by the designer, arrived on time and packed securely. The dresses fit according to each girls measurements, with the exception of taking the hem up. I called checking on our order probably more than I should have, but Laurie was very professional and answered all of my questions. I was nervous at first about ordering online for such a special occasion, but do not hesitate. This company was very professional and courteous at all times. I would definitely order from French Novelty again!

Sent on 03/21/2017

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. We love to hear back from our happy customers! We hope to serve you again in the future!

Victoria · Married on 03/11/2017

They are amazing! Laurie is very helpful and makes the experience fun and easy! I will be sure to come back in the future!

Sent on 08/25/2016

French Novelty's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We can't wait to see a picture of you in that gorgeous dress!

Danielle · Married on 01/07/2017

I ordered all of my bridesmaid dresses from French Novelty. It took me forever to find a dress that went with the theme of my wedding and when I finally found what style I was looking for it seemed to be sold out everywhere. Laurie from French Novelty called me and did everything she could to get the dresses and get them to me as fast as possible for the best price possible! The most wonderful customer service of my life! I was so pleased and will definitely be ordering from here many times in the future!

Sent on 10/04/2016

French Novelty's reply:

We are so glad we could help you find your gorgeous bridesmaid dresses. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We can't wait to see a picture of your bridal party in these special gowns.