Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

37 Reviews for Freelance Event Sound & Lighting

4.7
34 Freelance Event Sound & Lighting Reviews

1.0

Not sure where to star with this vendor. Came across them at a wedding expo and really seemed to like them. I emailed them for a quote and Jennifer Wong responded right away with a copy and paste version of what they offered. We choose the package that best for us and I emailed her back with a few questions about their services as well as their lighting. After calling several times and leaving several messages as well as several emails to Jennifer Wong I never received a response. At least till I started posting negative reviews. I FINALLY got a response 3 weeks later with her blaming me for her benig unprofessional. Id avoid this company if I were you. Especially if you have to deal with Jennifer Wong. She very unprofessional and very rude. We came across dance all night dj located in Rancho and he has great prices and most importantly responds to emails within minutes.

Profile Picture Sherry, 10/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

If it was possible to award 10 stars my wife and I would!

Our wedding took place at the Claremont Colleges. We have high standards and expectations, Ron far exceeded them! This not an easy feat since the expectations that I have and the venue are hard to meet.

Since the very beginning Ron was very communicative to my wife and I and went as far to meet with me at my workplace in Claremont. Moreover, he is extremely cognizant of the guests and is able to adjust accordingly.

At our wedding of 200+ we have people from different demographics.and walks of life. Ron is keen and was able to produce a wedding music playlist that kept everybody entertained and dancing. Moreover the up lighting was exquisite and my guest mentioned how beautiful the lighting was.

We are certain that we will use him again for our events with my family and at my workplace! Very respectful and professional. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ana, 1/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Ron was our wedding DJ. His selection system was very cool and our final meeting with him went awesome! He gave us plenty of advice and his song recommendations were on point. He helped keep our party going in the direction we wanted and made sure to stick to our wedding playlist and not let guest take over. We really appreciated it. He even gave us weather advice which was really useful day of! Thanks again Ron!

Profile Picture Carmen, 12/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Freelance Dj was great! Everyone who attended our wedding was dancing all night! I recall Ron saying he would be our DJ for the night and he was not there, my husband made a playlist for the night and it did not get played. Although the music was great and everyone had fun, we didn't get to hear almost any songs on our list we provided.

Profile Picture Elaine, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Ron was the DJ at our wedding. He was amazing!! Played exactly what we asked for. He kept the party going all night. He went above and beyond his job. He helped keep everything on track and on schedule. He made our night that much more memorable. Freelance also did string and up lighting which made our venue look that more amazing. It had such a romantic feel. Best vendor we got to work with!

Profile Picture User3803638, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Ron and his team are the nicest and most hard working individuals. They go out of their way to make sure everything goes off without a glitch. I knew after my first meeting with Freelance that they were a solid DJ service. They did our ceremony, reception, and lighting and everything was perfect. The online planning tool they provide removed a ton of stress and if you get stuck you can call, text, email them and they will be there for you. They really captured our personality during our wedding and I couldn't be more grateful and happy.

Profile Picture karina, 3/28/15, 6 Reviews

Wedding Event 9/27/2014

My Sister's Quince was last year (2013) and Ron DJ'ed for her party. The night of her quince, we had an excellent time and had never seen a dance floor so packed for the entire night. We booked Ron / Freelance Event Sound & Lighting for our wedding after having a terrible experience with another djay (the Djay Company). About two or three months before our event, we reached out to Ron in a state of panic because our event was so close. Not only was Ron completely understanding, he was also extremely professional and very easy to work with. He made time in his schedule to meet with us at a location of our choice. Throughout the entire process of selecting music Ron was IMMENSELY helpful, all of his music was organized like i had never seen, he also had great selections and was willing to even give advice about music he thought was good for the entire crowd at our wedding (ranging from kids to grandparents). Then there was the lighting... oh my.. it completely set the tone for the event, it kept the mood romantic and accentuated all of our decor. The actual DJ the day of our event was DJ Louis at Ron's recommendation and let me be the first one to tell you, he certainly knows how to keep the party going, the dance floor was packed the whole night all the way until the venue closed. Louis and his staff were completely professional and had great people skills. Our music choice (to us anyway) seemed difficult to find a vast array of choices (no rap or hip hop for 6 hours) but Louis seemed to transition from song to song with ease, all the while keeping the party going. Overall, if you want everyone at your party to have an amazing time, BOOK FREELANCE EVENT SOUND & LIGHTING NOW!!! you will not regret it!!! Thanks for everything you did for us Ron, you really changed the outcome of our event!

-Tanya & AJ

Profile Picture Tanya, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Ron and his team were amazing! I'm still to this day getting asked who our DJ was and being told how much fun they had. Definitely recommend to anyone. Very easy to work with as well as have all your needs met. We had a fusion wedding and Ron was great getting all the indian music, spanish music and every request in between. If he didn't have the songs he got them! Overall great experience. Thanks!

Profile Picture Veronica, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

“Your DJ was so good!” is all I’m hearing from our guests. We hired Freelance Event Sound & Lighting through our wedding planner and we could not be happier about our decision! The DJ and MC worked well together and kept the party going from the first song to the last dance – they ROCKED THE HOUSE! The MC was so lively and kept our guest engaged throughout the night without skipping a beat. They showed up on time to the event, set-up the lighting and were ready to go for the ceremony without a glitch. I highly recommend Freelance Event Sound & Lighting to anyone who is looking for a quality DJ and MC and wants a party to remember.

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Freelance was simply amazing! The lighting was gorgeous, and DJ Ron rocked the house! After checking out many DJs, I am so happy to have had them! The entire team is great, with the amazing interaction with my guests as well as the talent on the turn tables! If you are looking for the complete DJ and lighting package for your wedding, Freelance is it! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User3569178, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Freelance Dj service was amazing, they worked with our schedule. Provided over and beyond service with ceremony & reception.

Profile Picture Angelica, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

I've known Ron through my previous business and he came to mind even for a personal event such as my and my wife's wedding. He was great with the crowd and catered to the different groups in both of our families. Ron was cool and easy to get a hold of especially during my wife's changes with the planning. It really was an excellent choice and my family and friends still tell us how great the music was that evening.

Profile Picture User2773550, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We are very happy we chose Ron as our DJ in our wedding.
When looking for a Dj you want to make sure that it will be perfect for you, you want him to be punctual, have great music and great personality , and Ron does! Not only we were happy for his professionalism but they way and how smooth our wedding went hiring his services.
I would definitely recommend him to any other bride that is looking for a professional DJ.

Profile Picture Ruth, 10/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thanks to Ron and his team for being amazing!!! We are so happy we went with you guys. Thanks for providing us with great music at our wedding :-)

Profile Picture Megan, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Good music and great dj. all my guest had a great time. Very professional

Profile Picture Love, 9/29/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The DJ rocked the party . We had a great time and the dance floor was never empty. The dj stayed on point the entire time!

Profile Picture Karen and Herbert, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

we would like to thank freelance dj services for an amazing event, from the ceremony to finish we had an amazing time and all my guest had a great time.
once again thank you.

Profile Picture Tina, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ron did an amazing job at our wedding. He was very easy to work with and very responsive to our questions. He is also bilingual and both his Spanish and English are flawless. The uplights, pinspot lighting, and Gobo made the venue just that much better. Ron uses a very easy on-line song request form. He had the party going all night. The dance floor was always packed! We were having such a fun time that we even extended the party an extra hour. I would highly recommend Freelance Event Sound and Lighting!

Profile Picture Lisa & Omar, 9/14/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ron went above and beyond to help us have an amazing wedding. Ron is very professional, courteous, and very easy to work with. Ron rocked our wedding and our guests repeatedly complimented on how great the music was. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/7/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ron is the man. We will definitely use him for future events. He was such a hit at our wedding. Our guests loved him and so did we. Thank you Ron for making our special day such a memorable event :) Jen & Jose

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

arrived early, set up promptly, kept things running smoothly. very professional and friendly. we got a referral and would gladly recommend to our friends as well.

Profile Picture Billy, 8/11/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

On time (early), very professional, friendly, kept things running smoothly. Heard about it through a referral and would gladly recommend to our friends as well!

Profile Picture Delia, 8/11/12, 7 Reviews
0.4

We hired Freelance to provide lighting in a purple hue as well as a monogram to be placed on the dance floor for our wedding. We met in person to specifically discuss the details of what we wanted with Ron and he assured us that the package we paid for would be sufficient to accomplish this. Even when I offered to pay more if needed, I was again assured that the job would be flawless. However when I arrived to the reception, I found the monogram placed on the wall (not what we discussed), and the lighting to be extremely insufficient for the space. The insufficient lighting forced us to turn the house lights on so that guests could see each other and this significantly raised the temperature of the room. Additionally with the lights on, the up-lights weren't visible. Several times during the night guests complained of the heat and when the house lights were dimmed, guests complained that they couldn't see each other. I tried contacting Freelance the night of the event as well as several times after. When speaking with Ron, he admitted to underestimating the space requirements and even apologized but when asked for compensation/reimbursement, it was denied. It was extremely disheartening to have spent so much time planning a wedding day only for things to not go as planned because of the lighting set up. And more importantly its frustrating to have a vendor say "yes we set up incorrectly and didn't set up enough lights", but we are going to keep your money. I'm not sure if it is inexperience or laziness on behalf of the set-up tech, but I don't recommend use of this company for lighting. I think it speaks volumes about the philosophy of a business when the owner will not make attempts to reconcile mistakes with clients. Seek lighting services elsewhere

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture courtney, 6/9/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

He deserves a 10 out of 5!
Ok, prepare for a long rant! (for those that don't want to read so much, let me sum it up for you...Ron is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!)

So after being to a few weddings, I was worried about choosing a DJ. I went to a wedding where there was a backyard DJ (think cholo with baggy everything and some dirty Cortez's on) who made it a point to talk about getting "some" that night. Another wedding was DJ'ed by an older man who cursed worst than a drunken sailor and asked couples to come up to the stage and make out...he found it amusing, the rest of the world didn't. Last wedding I went to was DJ'ed by a man who didn't even know the bridal party's names and messed up the brides name. He was wearing a white muscle shirt (think WeHo) and flip flops.

I made it a priority to ensure that this did not happen at my wedding. I wanted a wedding DJ, not a DJ that brought his posse and bottles of liquor. Thanks to my wedding planners, I was referred to Freelance Event Sound & Lighting. This is when my now husband and I met Ron.

Ron is AMAZING!!! From our first meeting with Ron, we felt at home. He always welcomes you with a smile (his smile is contagious...Ron can do no wrong when he smiles!). Our second meeting; Ron met us all the way at our house (which is far away from him) since we could not make the trip to him. Ron listened to us, and put me at ease (I had various nightmares that no one was going to dance at my wedding). He assured us that we would have a spectacular night and promised a full dance floor and he wasn't lying.

On the day of our wedding, Ron was there on time with his assistant, they were dressed appropriately, they were professional, thoughtful, and all those other really nice words to describe people. Needless to say, our dance floor was full all night. Our guests were happy and so were we. To this day, our guests affirm that this was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. I agree. Thank you Ron!!!

Profile Picture claudia, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

So happy we booked DJ Ron for our wedding! He definitely rocked our wedding and kept everyone on the dance floor, especially the bride and the groom. ;) My sister also booked DJ Ron for her wedding a few years ago and I’m so happy we did too! We both had great experiences working with him. Ronald is truly great to work with. He’s friendly, patient and always there to answer any questions and he has great energy too, which is important to have when you’re a DJ. I highly recommend his services, you can’t go wrong and you won’t be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews