Freedom Bakery & Confections Reviews

Freedom Bakery & Confections 6
Freedom Bakery & Confections 7
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing cakes at a reasonable price!

We met with Freedom for a tasting and every single flavor was amazing! They have a ton of beautiful designs to choose from as well as lots of different dessert options if you want a dessert table. Best part was that the tastings were free - not every place offers that we soon found out! Can't wait to see the final product and scarf it down!!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Kathryn Mercurio · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Freedom Bakery did an amazing job with my wedding cake and the surprise duck hunting groomsmen cake! They transformed my cake dreams into two beautiful cakes that I couldn't be more happy with. The cake was also delicious and we received tons of compliments on the flavor of the cake. I highly recommend the salted caramel flavor, it is amazing! They really went above and way beyond my expectations. Thank you Freedom!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 8
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 9

Meredith Burkett · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Wedding Bakery

Our experience working with Freedom Bakery couldn't have been easier or more enjoyable.
    First, we gave the time and day we would be free to pick up samples, and they had them ready and waiting for us to grab and go. This allowed us to sample the cakes in the comfort of our own home and on our own schedule. This ended up being a huge bonus, since some of our friends were over and we got to share the cake tasting process with a couple also planning their wedding, as well as get their (a third party's) honest feedback!
    Second, the cakes were.... INCREDIBLE. Every last flavor was amazing. We had such a hard time picking just the three we did simply because they were all so freaking good.
    Third, and finally, while I was in my own world day of the wedding, I heard after-the-fact that the cake arrived with zero problems, snafus, issues... nothing. Apparently it was the smoothest, easiest cake delivery process. It also looked gorgeous and tasted exactly how we remembered and hoped.
    I've recommended Freedom to everyone I know, including my own brother. Do yourself a favor and hire them. They really are the best.

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 10
  • Harlie

Harlie Mosley · Married on 04/18/2019

Amazing cake and great customer service

Freedom Bakery was amazing to work with right from the cake tasting all the way through to the delivery of our cake at our reception location. The cake was breathtaking and tasted as great as it looked. I am so happy I choose to use Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake. It was also very affordable for what an amazing cake they did.

Sent on 08/02/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 11
  • Martha

Martha Arcellana · Married on 03/17/2019

Beautifully Delish!

We had a small cake and a dessert display. Everything looked beautiful and tasted amazing!! Our guests raved about the desserts.

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 12
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 13
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 14
  • Mia

Mia · Married on 03/16/2019

Loved Our Cake

After our tasting at Freedom Bakery we knew we found our cake! Nina was super responsive and made the cake tasting/ordering process very easy, timely, and enjoyable. There were lots of flavors to pick from and I would have been happy with any of them. Even my fiancé who is not a cake fan found a cake he like and would even have seconds of! After some debate, we went with a layer of Oreo Cookies & Cream for me and one of lemon raspberry for my fiancé. They were also very accommodating and made a gluten free desert for our friend who has celiac disease. We loved our cake and so did our guests! Would definitely recommend! (Photo credit to Carlie Statsky)

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 15
  • Alycia

Alycia · Married on 02/24/2019

Beautiful and Delicious

I absolutely loved my wedding cake from Freedom Bakery! My husband and I picked up one of their tasting plates and immediately fell in love with their lemon raspberry flavor. Nina was great to work with as a decorator and helped bring our vision to life with beautiful handcrafted sugar flowers. We got many compliments not only on how pretty the cake was, but also on how delicious!

Sent on 04/14/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 16

Katie · Married on 10/05/2018

Excellent!!

Our cake was perfect! It was beautiful and super tasty! We got two different flavors for the cake tiers. The cookies and cream cake flavor was gone within minutes. This company was super easy to work with and made our dream cake reality. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 17
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 18
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 19
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 20
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect Cake

Excellent communication! The staff was very easy to work with. They met with my parents, mother-in-law, fiancé and myself to do a cake tasting. Everything was so yummy! We ended up selecting the Boston Cream flavor. It was a hit at our wedding! The details were exactly what I pictured. I wanted flowers on the cake, and that was executed perfectly by our florist. The cake was delivered on time. It was the perfect addition to our wedding. I recommend the bakery!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 21
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 22

toni · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing customer service, professional, and the cake was amazing. If you are having a wedding this is the place to get your sweets.

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 23

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

We went with Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake and desserts and could not be happier! The cake we had was not only beautiful but tasted amazing. We are from out of state so when visiting for other wedding related tasks,we contacted Freedom Bakery to see if they were available that week to possibly talk and they fit us in for a tasting that afternoon! We went with a raspberry amaretto cake with buttercream frosting and everyone adored it, and they offered a wide range of varieties for style of cake. Later on we decided to incorporate a cookie table to the reception for dessert and they were able to provide many different types of shortbread cookies with no problem! Thank you so much Freedom Bakery!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 24
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 25
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 26
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 27
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 28
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 29

Rachael · Married on 04/28/2018

Freedom Bakery was wonderful!! The tasting was fun & stress free, everyone was very helpful & accommodating, and, most importantly, the cake was delicious! We didn't want anything too fancy, anything fondant, or anything too sweet. Freedom crushed it. They were on time with delivery, put on our own provided cake topper for us, and left a box so that transfer home was easy. They were reasonably priced as well, so I fully recommend them!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 30

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2017

Paul and his team at Freedom were absolutely amazing. We still have guests raving about the desserts! Instead of a traditional cake, we did a small cutting cake and a dessert display, and everyone loved it! The set up was gorgeous, the quality excellent, and the service was top notch.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding cake was so good! And it looked pretty too! We are so happy we went with Paul and Freedom Bakery & Confections. It was so easy to work with Paul. We had a ton of questions and he took the time to answer them all without getting short or irritated. Highly recommend Freedom Bakery & Confections!

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 31

Ellen · Married on 08/26/2017

Freedom Bakery provided the cake for our wedding in Carmel/Monterey on 8/26/17. We were familiar with Freedom Bakery’s cakes from other family parties and weddings, so we didn’t think twice about choosing them for our wedding. Their cakes look great AND taste great, and we were very pleased with their customer service and responsiveness. We’ll definitely continue to use Freedom Bakery for our events.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Brian · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake. The whole process from start to finish (tasting to delivery) was flawless and easy! It was the most amazing wedding cake ever! We read online that you should only order cake for 75% of your guests because most people won't eat it, but we'd already ordered for the full 150. So we got a bunch of boxes so people could take a piece home if they wanted. NONE of those boxes were used. That entire cake was eaten. Everyone raved about it and everyone told us how amazingly delicious it was. The owner of the venue also said that when they were scraping the plates they noticed how clean the cake plates were from people licking the plate clean!

Sent on 08/30/2017

sally · Married on 08/25/2017

Paul is incredible! From the moment we communicated to delivery he was so awesome. My family and I loved the cake tasting! I never knew wedding cakes can taste that good! It took us a while to even come to the conclusion of what flavor we wanted because everything was so so good! At the end we went for raspberry amaretto cake and everyone loved it! On the day of I was happy that the cake came out to look exactly how we wanted it to. Thanks again Paul!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I got married on August 12, 2017. We got married at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Freedom Bakery was the preferred bakery.

Before planning on getting married in Monterey, we tasted with another bakery. It costs us too much money to taste wedding cakes. However, Freedom Bakery's cake tasting was free. This was the best! We were able to pick up the cake tasting while we were staying in Monterey. Come on, a platter full of slices of cake, Amazing! We chose a two tier cake with the bottom cake everyone could enjoy and the top tier we enjoyed ourselves.
    We loved the cake so much! We are going to get our cake for our one year anniversary as well. Attached are some photos of our cake!

Sent on 11/03/2017
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 32
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 33
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 34
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 35
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 36

Laura · Married on 07/02/2017

We refer Freedom Bakery all of the time to our catering clients, but using them for our own wedding was a true treat. They are professional, reliable, and most importantly their cake tastes GREAT. Everyone familiar with them was thrilled to see their cake at our wedding, and those who hadn't tasted their cake before kept asking who made it. I love the Cookies and Cream and the Mango filling. Delicious!

Sent on 07/14/2017
  • cee

cee · Married on 07/01/2017

Best cake ever!! Friends at the wedding who do not usually care for cake were asking for more. They made up a sample plate for us to pick up and take to the wedding couple since they were out of town so that they could make their decision.
    They decided on Design W 0675 | Butter Cream Wedding Cake with Raspberry/Lemon filling | 10"+8"+6" | Serves 75 | Horizontal stripe textured buttercream| (Total cost would be $480. $430 for the cake and $50 for delivery & basic set up) and we added live flowers at venue. We had sheet cake made for extra servings and enjoyed the leftovers the next day.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Freedom Bakery & Confections 37

Kathy · Married on 06/24/2017

What a wonderful cake they provided for my daughters wedding. Delivered on time and tasted outstanding! So glad we chose them!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Alexis Gutierrez

Alexis · Married on 06/03/2017

My Fiancé and I scheduled a tasting (which was free!) and Paul was so informative and helpful. Their cakes are absolutely delicious and they have such a large variety. We've booked them for our June wedding and we can't wait!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kristin · Married on 03/11/2017

My husband and I both love Paul! He provided a cake and dessert bar for our March 11 wedding at Holman Ranch. He spent over an hour with us in our consultation, letting us taste all of his yummy treats and giving us excellent and thorough advice. He is really passionate about cake and desserts and has a ton of knowledge. He is also super friendly and not at all pushy. We thought it was really cool that he asked us what flavors we liked and made up a new dessert shot incorporating the coffee flavor we both love. He also has unique options for cake filling--we went with cookies and cream and loved it! All of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was. In addition, Paul was really quick responding to any questions we had and he has a convenient online payment system. He worked really well with our caterer and her staff to keep the dessert bar replenished throughout the entire event. We highly recommend him to anyone for any event!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Megan · Married on 10/23/2016

We had the BEST experience with Freedom Bakery. We're from San Francisco, so getting down to Monterey/Carmel is about a 2+ hour drive for us. Freedom made it so easy for us to do our tasting. They allowed us to pick up 9 - yes, 9 - cake samples to taste at our leisure. They were extremely accommodating and easy to work with. Not only was the cake stunningly beautiful - it tasted AMAZING, too! My husband and I plan on heading back down to Monterey/Carmel for our 1 year anniversary and getting a piece of the same cake to commemorate our wedding day. So happy Freedom Bakery was part of that.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Linda · Married on 10/15/2016

Had an amazing experience with Freedom Bakery! Our guests raved about our cake, it was so delicious and beautiful. Paul was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. My husband and I are so happy we went with Freedom Bakery for our wedding cake. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/15/2017