Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens Reviews

Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens 6
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens 7
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful location, amazing wedding reception!

Looking back on our wedding (just one week ago!), my husband and I are so overjoyed we booked the Palm House at the Franklin Park Conservatory for our Wedding Reception. The space is so beautiful and our guests loved it. Our guests had access to the entire conservatory from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm; and our reception finished around 11:30. There was a small fee (~$150.00) to have the butterfly exhibit open as well and it was absolutely worth it. Unfortunately it was cold and raining on the day of our wedding reception and we couldn't use the outdoor terrace space attached to the Palm House. Thankfully, we were able to use the enclosed bonsai-tree garden space instead of the terrace, which is just as lovely. We decided to have our reception catered by the Franklin Park Conservatory and I'm very happy and grateful we did. We threw a "heavy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails" style reception. We primarily worked with Lauren Miller in deciding our reception menu, flow of the evening, what we were going have as passed hors d'oeuvres, what was going to be served as stations, how much to order etc. Lauren was extremely knowledgeable and clearly very experienced in what she does. Lauren was excellent to work with and helped us tremendously in planning our reception. We received many compliments on the food we served and Lauren made sure to set some food aside for my husband and I to ensure we got something to eat. Maria, our wedding co-ordinator, was also very accommodating, easy to communicate and work with and was a tremendous help! I can't say enough good things about our experiencing planning our wedding reception at Franklin Park as well as the actual main event itself. Everything went so smoothly and we are very pleased with the end result!

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/12/2018

Beautiful venue with outstanding staff.

Franklin Park conservatory did an outstanding job for both our ceremony and reception. They were incredibly organized and efficient and really helped me in the planning process. They set up all my decor just as I asked and it looked so beautiful. They were easy to work with and very insightful. They made my vision come to life and I couldn't have asked better people to work with and I fully trusted them to make my day everything I had dreamed of. The day went so smooth because of their guidance and organization, I still have guests talking about how fun and beautiful the day was. Specifically, Lauren Miller and Caitlin Mashhadian made my planning process a breeze and kept the day running smooth. The food was absolutely delicious and everyone was so impressed. I highly recommend this venue not only for the beauty of it but the AMAZING staff.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

We had visited a couple other venues for our wedding but as soon as we walked through the doors of the Wells Barn we knew this is where we would hold our wedding. Air conditioning was a requirement for our June 16 wedding and we are so glad the Wells Barn is air conditioned because we certainly needed it that day. Sarah was our event coordinator and Molly was our catering coordinator and they were quick to communicate any changes and always wanted to confirm details to ensure our event ran smoothly. The space was everything we were looking for with the lawn for our ceremony and transitioning to the barn for the reception. The lights we added to the barn made the event feel even more intimate and enhanced the old beams throughout the barn. The space was perfect for our 180 guests and we received numerous compliments about the space and how beautiful it was for our wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Jenette · Married on 05/13/2018

I had a great experience with FPC! They were very helpful through the planning portions, and wonderful to work with as changes or adjustments had to be made. I also used them for my catering, the food was delicious and personalized.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Bebe · Married on 03/09/2017

Franklin Park Conservatory and the wedding/event team made our wedding extra special! We got married and had our reception in the Palm House. We worked very closely with Emily. She's an amazing onsite wedding coordinator. She was able to keep us organized and on schedule. A special thank you to her for being so accommodating and helpful the days leading up to the wedding and the day of. This place is really made for weddings. So beautiful. And the Palm House looked amazing in the evening with all the color lights. We had 130 guest come and the area was just the right size to accommodate our family and friends. We had an amazing and unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 06/07/2014

Franklin Park really doesn't need another glowing review because they are the best hands down. We picked the venue over a year out because it was so naturally gorgeous, no decorations were needed, and all the staff members were courteous, professional, and really the best of the best. Throughout the year of planning, the coordinators were very responsive and helpful as we planned our rather non-traditional wedding. On the day of, our coordinator was so calm and helpful even as small snafus popped up. The day was perfect, and it ran so smoothly because of the FPC staff.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Diane · Married on 05/25/2014

The most beautiful venue to have a wedding and a reception. They are very willing to work with the family and I was very impressed and appreciative for making my daughters wedding her "dream wedding come true" We used the Palm room for both wedding and reception. All I can say is Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Eun · Married on 05/03/2014

Couldn't have asked for a better venue! Lauren Mach is an AMAZING coordinator to work with! She answered all of my questions before I even asked them, and she made me feel at ease on the day of the ceremony! For the price of the venue, it's such a great value because you have the choice of an outdoor venue or an indoor! I loved the idea that they offered an inclement weather backup plan! Thanks again to Lauren and everyone else I have communicated with at FPC! You made our wedding day very special!

Sent on 06/01/2014

My husband and I got married in late June and had the most amazing experience on our big day, as well as throughout the entire wedding planning process with FPC! When you book the venue (and catering) through FPC, the contract also comes with amazing coordinators that help you from beginning to end (not just the day of). Our coordinators included Diana, Mary, Caitie (catering side) and Colleen (catering side), who were all fabulous. They were available whenever I had a question, and honestly cared about us. We had our wedding ceremony outside in the evening in the Bride's Garden, and couldn't have had more compliments from our guests. The venue is absolutely stunning and little to no decorations are needed. Following the ceremony, our cocktail hour and reception took place in The Grove outside (which overlooks the Bride's Garden). The space was beautiful, intimate and lovely. Our guests, family and friends had fantastic things to say about the wonderful service, location and overall atmosphere of the venue and wedding. Thank you so much for being accommodating and amazing throughout this process - I would definitely host another event at Franklin Park and recommend to others! Wonderful, intimate and beautiful experience!!!! And the food was fantastic!!! Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Katie · Married on 06/08/2013

The Franklin Park Conservatory was my dream venue. The Events staff was highly knowledgeable and did everything possible to make my day exactly what I wanted. They answered all of my questions and worked with me every step of the way. Our wedding coordinator for the day, Mary, made sure everything went smoothly and on time for our big day! We highly recommend the Conservatory...It was the perfect venue!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Keri · Married on 05/31/2013

Franklin Park helped to make my special day even better than imaginable. The venue was perfect and the staff was supper friendly. Megan was a huge help and moved things along on the appropriate time. Everyone loved it and had a great time!
    Thank you.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/17/2013

Franklin Park Conservatory is such a beautiful venue. We received so many compliments about our ceremony and reception site. The staff was great to work with and made planning so easy.

Sent on 06/15/2013

I was married outside on the Lower West Terrace and had our reception in the Palm House. FPC is an amazing venue and whether rain or shine it still feels like you are outside. You need minimal decorations for this place. Our coordinators were very responsive and helpful. I would definitely recommend to use FPC as your venue!

Sent on 05/18/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/28/2013

Franklin park conservatory offers so much flexibility as a wedding venue. From the various locations to the expansive catering menu, I felt like we were able to have everything we wanted and stay within budget.

Sent on 02/25/2014

We love the location. We couldn't ask for a better place or day!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Monique · Married on 10/06/2012

we got married in the garden it was beautiful

Sent on 10/23/2012

Shelly · Married on 10/01/2011

The Franklin Park Conservatory was an amazing venue for both my daughter's ceremony and reception! The ceremony was in the Grand Atrium in front of the chihuly exhibit, which made for an amazing back-drop. Our caterer then flipped the room so that we could have the reception there as well. All of the bridal consultants were very easy to get ahold of and very responsive to my many questions throughout the process. Unfortunately it rained the day of and we had to switch gears for the cocktail hour, since the original plan was to be outside on the Zen Terrace. The FPC team pitched in to make this happen in the Veridian room instead. Eliza was our bridal consultant for the day - she had lots of great suggestions at our walk through and she did a nice job keeping us on schedule throughout the day. I would highly recommend the Franklin Park Conservatory, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Cassandra · Married on 08/13/2011

Amazing location, great event coordinators. Made my wedding so special

Sent on 09/12/2011

Heather · Married on 07/30/2011

This venue speaks for itself. Just visit FPC and you will know its a magical place. What isnt obvious is the quality of the staff at FPC. These folks took our wedding and made it into a perfect day. Calm, organized, wonderful staff makes all the difference on wedding day. A special thanks to Brandon, Colleen and Eliza for making our dreams come true. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2011

Ronnie · Married on 09/25/2010

I LOVED IT!!! This is a must do if you are planning on having a wedding in the Columbus, Ohio area. The scenery and establishment screams class and sophistication. If this is what you are wanting, you would definitely love this place. Family and friends were in AWE. Thank you Franklin Park Conservatory.

Sent on 10/29/2010
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/21/2010

Great Place to get married! You have your own wedding cordinator that works with you one month before the wedding. They also do a great job the day of the wedding to make sure you stay on track, and they work with the caterer,dj and photographer to make sure everything goes smoothly. Natalie Wolf helped me with my wedding, she is awesome!
    I had my wedding August 21, The Palm House is not air conditioned so if you don't want to risk the heat then I would get married October-April. Otherwise they have air conditioning units you can rent for 100$ ea. they help a little bit. Me and all my guests still had a blast dancing even though it was a little stuffy.
    If you get married in the Palm House you feel like you are getting married in the rainforest! It's beautiful! =)

Sent on 09/07/2010

Kaitie · Married on 08/03/2008

We got married in the Garden Pavilion and it was gorgeous. We received so many compliments about how great everything was. Everyone also loved the free tour during cocktail hour.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Beth · Married on 05/21/2016

Franklin Park is a beautiful venue! All of my guests were raving about how wonderful it was to tour the Conservatory and how unique it was! Our wedding coordinator, Brooke, was very responsive and flexible with the several changes we made leading up to the wedding, and was on top of everything on the day of! We also used Franklin Park's catering which was delicious! Lauren was great to work with and very willing to have lots of email threads and meetings to determine what we wanted. Overall it was a fantastic experience!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

What a breathtaking and beautiful place!! They were very flexible with letting us use different areas for different cultural events for our wedding. It was a beautiful, but warm, day in the Palm House, and they helped keep our guests comfortable and happy. You barely have to even decorate because this venue is so gorgeous!!

Sent on 08/14/2013